Info: Sircus´s madness trips

Sircus

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
James Sircus Wolf
I will start with a small disclaimer.
Your results may not be the same as shown in this log even if you use the same equipment.

Hi everybody :)

Thought I would curse.. eh I mean bless you with another log now after VU 10 to see if there is any big difference in mining compared to pre VU 10. The old log is in my signature check that one out if it´s of any interest. This log will basicly be the same as my other one.

Will always run amped with a OA-104 or higher on all runs to see if it is as profitable as I think. If I loose more then 2k I will try to reevaluate my strategy and try something new. (Cause then it´s obviously not working)

My skills are around 3k Prosp, 3.6k Mining, 2k Geo, 1.8k Extraction, 1k CGA.
Makes me a lvl 22 prospector.

Will be using a OF-211 (L) to start with. Will write of finders as a one time cost and not count the decay on each run. Will use imp extractor and OT-104 as refiner. Will not count profit in skills untill I unlocked Mineral Sense. To set a goal, a tower in VU 10, dont want Sofia to catch up or anything.. :)
Dont think I got a shot at any mining related SGA item but lets add that as a goal also. Of course the main goal is to see if current setup is profitable in VU 10

I will use 2 OA-104 per run that uses 78 bombs.

Example result will be like this

Iron 88 ped (Rounded of to closest ped)
Lyst 47 ped
Narc 68 ped

Totall tt ore 203 ped
Ores with markup included 240 ped
Cost for amp/bombs/extractor/refiner 360 ped (Extractor and refiner cost together is usally 2 ped per run)
One time costs: OF-211 finder 50 ped

This run: -118
Totall profit/loss -170

Personall notes: Here I add insightful rants

Will not write number of hits cause it takes to much time to log.
Will not write out the MU of the ores just a total value of the ores with MU
Will post screenis of globals for eyecandy if I get any.

Any feedback/requests before I start?

Last edited:
i dearly hope you have made your homework well! Good luck, you will need it!

GL on the new adventure

GL mate hope it turns out well for ya. Keen to keep reading and see how it goes :)

Run 1

Duru 10 ped
Niks 235 ped
Megan 32 ped
Lyst 239 ped

Totall tt ore 516 ped
Ores with markup included 650 ped
Cost for amp/bombs/extractor/refiner 354 ped
One time cost OF-211(L) 114 ped

This run: +182
Totall profit/loss +182

Personall notes: Great start, with 2 eye candy´s to show :) I thought I had mapped the area pretty good but had alot of Lyst hits. Hopefully I can lower the hitrate of lyst as I map the area better.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Thought U would have made atleast 3 runs by now ;)

Hope u know the area good now. Were thinking of taking up mining again but gonna unlock coolness first. But if I know myself well enough I will lose all peds before that. (down 900 in 5 hunts)

Ok m8. Good luck with this and I will catch u ingame :D

Run 2

Duru 98 ped
Niks 47 ped
Megan 76 ped
Lyst 15 ped

Totall tt ore 236 ped
Ores with markup included 312 ped

This run: -42
Totall profit/loss +140

Personall notes: Kinda normal run.

Run 3

Lyst 123 ped
Niks 56 ped
Megan 120 ped
Duru 14 ped
Azz 14 ped
Copper 15 ped

Totall tt ore 342 ped
Ores with markup included 408 ped

This run: +54
Totall profit/loss +194

Personall notes: Hmm, dont like that I find so much lyst :rolleyes: The new action auto-use tool helps alot :)

2 small globals this run.

Run 4

Megan 130 ped
Lyst 109 ped
Niks 41 ped
Belk 4 ped
Duru 33 ped

Totall tt ore 317 ped
Ores with markup included 384 ped

This run: +30
Totall profit/loss +224

Personall notes: Changed finder to Z20 (swapped with my of-211 for same cost) from this run onward in hopes that I would get less lyst hits. Hitrate did go down abit even if I ended up with a high amount of tt lyst. Could be due to better mapping or finder swap. To early to tell.

Run 5

Megan 53 ped
Azz 5 ped
Niks 27 ped
Dianum 5 ped
Platinum 12 ped :eek:
Duru 20 ped
Lyst 85 ped

Totall tt ore 207 ped
Ores with markup included 255 ped

This run: -99
Totall profit/loss +125

Personall notes: Was all over the place, no eyecandy. Was really fun to find Platinum though :laugh:

Last edited:
Prices on Megan, Niks and Duru where on average

Vu 9.4

Megan 105%
Niks 160%
Duru 120%

Vu 10 At the moment

Megan 122%
Niks 150%
Duru 135%

Will always run amped with a OA-104 or higher on all runs to see if it is as profitable as I think. If I loose more then 2k I will try to reevaluate my strategy and try something new. (Cause then it´s obviously not working)

2k loss is a bit to low for a limit with 104s i would say. thats like 2-3 bad days.
but thats your log afterall.

also i wanted to point out that lyst is, copared to pre VU10, seems to b everywhere. havent found a place without so far. althou im not mining ameethera anymore.

GL with your log and HF :)

What's your total budget? 2k loss is easily doable even with lower amps than 104.

also i wanted to point out that lyst is, compared to pre VU10, seems to be everywhere. havent found a place without so far. although im not mining ameethera anymore.

Yah, it seems to be everywhere. But to early to tell. Will see if I can decrease the ratio myself first before I form a final opinion.

2k loss is a bit to low for a limit with 104s i would say. thats like 2-3 bad days.

What's your total budget? 2k loss is easily doable even with lower amps than 104.

The budget is bigger then my last log, but I still see the total loss as the important number. The budget being bigger this time just means I can do runs more often without waiting for my ore to sell.

So far I have been fortunate to not have that kind of loosing streak. Arent you seriously mining wrong if you get -2k streaks? (CND excluded)

Thank you for your feedback :)

If u r doing 2 amps/run why are u packed with +150 bombs? The weight could be a issue.

Ohhh, did u find platinum with the z20? Didn't know that was possible.
Gratz :wtg:

Arent you seriously mining wrong if you get -2k streaks?

What you said would imply that a player would have the means to influence his/her tt return and that sounds a bit like fantasy to me.

The only debate which I see possible on the matter is whether one should try to push through bad periods or should log out for a few days.

Respectively if the loot waves are bound on PED consumed or are bound on time.

Other than that, in what regards mining, you can only drop bombs and pray that the markup looted (another aspect which the miner can't influence) will be in the +++ area.

To give an example, is very possible to have in two amps 104 only one ample or to have your total loot like 5 ped niks 150 ped copper 130 ped lyst.

As for the budget, I was curious about.. how to say it in English.. "with what budget other people dare to use 104" so to say :) I of course try to compare with my gameplay, my returns, my approaches etc :)

GL.

Last edited:
If u r doing 2 amps/run why are u packed with +150 bombs? The weight could be a issue.

Ohhh, did u find platinum with the z20? Didn't know that was possible.
Gratz :wtg:

Yah, usually stack up 156 bombs (4 amps) so I can do a double run if loot is good. I stop and summarize the loot after 78 bombs to get a decent indication :)

The Plat find with z20 surprised me also, but found some langotz with OF-211 when the new vu came online. Strange things happen ^^

As for the budget, I was curious about.. how to say it in English.. "with what budget other people dare to use 104" so to say :) I of course try to compare with my gameplay, my returns, my approaches etc :)

GL.

Will just address this issue since I have a different point of view on the other. I know you got alot of experience :)

With my first blog I actually only had a 2k budget when I started and that worked out fine. I think if you follow the rule - Mu on ore must cover mu on amp else you are overamped - then the 2k budget is okey. But in this blog I especially rephrased the 2k budget to -2k max since that was the important aspect for me and I encourage more miners to deposit and not care about the peds that are in "Turnover phase" (Read bound in ore). The game will have a much higher fun factor if miners play it like this. Additionally you can get cheaper amps with bulk buys and you can save ores to a an appropriate stack that usually sell for slightly higher mu. If you have the bankroll :)

Fun reading!

I wish you all the best of luck!

Hope you find a BIG one soon!

Hotte :)

Best of Luck to you I hope you have more luck then me lately.

Had to sell all my gear and now started to chipping out due to mininglosses :p

With Hottes bless U will hit a tower of 13 411 Ped Lyst :D

GL Sircus :yay::yay:

Mu on ore must cover mu on amp else you are overamped

That is of course true, but only in break even situation.

I know, lacking some big hof my experience is irrelevant and perhaps is a bit silly I keep writing such stuff on forum, but be weary that is not mandatory to break even in EU.

Please take it as a friendly warning, that's my intention at least.

I will try at some point to keep a similar thread, I am curious on the feedback. Funny would be to take a tower exactly then :laugh:

gl.

Interesting read from a interesting guy ;)

good luck! hope you get another ATh!

Good luck brotha. I'll be staying tuned :)

subscribing .... gl there ;)

Back