Sweat Amps

Great Dane

Dominant
Society
SynerGen
Great Dane Escape
What do you think about sweat amps? :eek:

These would be new crafted items and work like the ore amps and enmatter amps.

SW 101 could be crafted from a level 1 attachment bp using basic filters and vibrant sweat.

SW 102 - basic servos and more vibrant sweat.

SW 103 - standard dampers and more vibrant sweat.

Sweaters would have an opportunity to gather sweat faster. Crafters could use components that are now being sold to the tt and could develop some attachment crafting skills.

OK - flameproof suit is now on - tell me what you really think.

the amount of extra sweat gained would have to be greater than the decay on the amp for it to be viable. so the effectiveness of the amp would depend greatly on the price of sweat.

Now being able to gain more sweat per hour could mean that the price of sweat could go down, negating the benifits of using a sweat amp.

Will never work as long as there's enough sweat on the marked, but if this should change, sure, it could be a nice feature, but would of course also mean that the price would fall as the marked is saturated. In the end, it would probably never benefit the sweaters, quite the opposite as those who use ME, would be temped to gather the sweat them selves as it wouldn't be as time consuming as it is now, which would make the sweat even harder to sell and thus make the price drop even further.

Would I like sweat amps? Sure, but only because I don't sweat for a living, if I did, the answer would most definitely be no.

the amount of extra sweat gained would have to be greater than the decay on the amp for it to be viable. so the effectiveness of the amp would depend greatly on the price of sweat.

Now being able to gain more sweat per hour could mean that the price of sweat could go down, negating the benifits of using a sweat amp.

all in all i think it's a good idea but as quoted above, there are issues.

perhaps 1 way around it is increasing chance of gathering sweat not amount and having a set max amp say 105 no bigger.

not sure about amount vs decay :scratch2:, it's the same chance miners take with amps, you pays your money you takes your chance.

still it all boils down to price of sweat in the end.

good concept tho

just my 6 :drink: worth

More to the point. The extra sweat not only has to be worth more than they decay, but it has to be worth more than the decay AFTER the sudden price drop of sweat that will occur when it's suddenly easier to get sweat. i.e. whats the point? :)

i think this would be a great idea, IF more Mindforce is introduced, otherwise i dont see it working for reasons stated above

personally i dont see the point in MA putting anymore time and effort into sweating. It is what it is....their time/money would be better spent helping noobs in teh begining with one of the thousands of ideas that have been presented here throughout the years.

not to blast your idea, it is creative...imo its just not what is needed though...you know what i mean?

because sweat amps decay, the price of sweat will be related to the decay of the amp.

Say you loot the vse mk5(L) , pulls between 3 and 12 sweat per success. decay 3,75 pec maxes out at 500 sg skill
or the vs mk50(L), pulls between 30 and 120 sweat per success.
decay 37,5 pec maxes out at 1000 sg skill

the average would be 3+12:2= 7,5 sweat (or 30+120:2=75 for the mk50). 7,5 sweat at 0,0375 decay relates to 100 sweat at 0,5 decay.
the tool could get some markup, and it only maxes at 500 sweat gathering skill.

effects:

-sweat gathering skill gets chipping value.

-the price of sweat becomes stabilised. the price of sweat is decay of the vse mk5 + markup/uses+ value of time spent sweating.

let's assume this price would be 0,55/0,6 per 100 sweat

a buyer of sweat now has a choice: either buy the vse mk5(L)/mk50(L) and sweat for himself, or buy from the street

Free sweaters will have to compete with the decaying tools, and lower their prices. Free sweaters will get a fair price for their sweat, which is related to real decay values.
They can only sell if their price is competetive enough to make a buyer of sweat not go get the sweating tool.

Last edited:
Back