How to host a proper auction at EF (and how NOT to)

You didn't do anything wrong MS9, not your fault. At the end of the day the highest bidder got it and the other basically just left it too late.

These sorts of problems crop up quite a bit though, i think a rolling deadline extension, or a rule that all interested parties are contacted and given a chance to outbid last minute bids, should eliminate them.

Doesn't matter so much with little items, but worth it when you're delaing with k PEDs.

Thank you for your response JB ... I really felt awful about this whole thing when it came down to the end, and didn't blame either of them for feeling the way they did (even though the -rep wasn't necessary, because it wasn't something I did intentionally). It just put me in a very precarious postion, and I wanted to make sure if at all possible, that it didn't happen to anyone else, or if it did, then they knew how to handle it.

Thanks also for the advice ... I try to be as precise and detailed as I can, but I will certainly keep your additional information in mind should I ever do another forum auction. ;)

Aight. I'll take care of the updates and adjustments during the week. Gotta run now :)

Great guide mate!

Should there be a limit to how many "Selling:" threads one person can make at one time?

Is eighteen too many???

Interesting Necro Mega.
I guess spamming the forum auction is a bit of a pest and leads to more important post being missed as they cascade through.
I know it annoys me to see the topics 'selling spam' dominating and passing by like a car boot sale:)

Interesting Necro Mega.
I guess spamming the forum auction is a bit of a pest and leads to more important post being missed as they cascade through.
I know it annoys me to see the topics 'selling spam' dominating and passing by like a car boot sale:)

I think if you have more than 5 selling threads open week after week your price is too high or you should condense them into fewer threads. Or put them on auction of course.

Just how I would do it.

Im trying to sell a Health Augmentation Chip I on here. I list the start price, bo amd lsit some infomation. but i think my post keeps getting deleted? What am i doing wrong? :S

Im trying to sell a Health Augmentation Chip I on here. I list the start price, bo amd lsit some infomation. but i think my post keeps getting deleted? What am i doing wrong? :S

I saw your thread yesterday, iirc. Did you try to add an image or link in it ? If so, that is why the thread has been auto-removed - you have a very low post count, and this is a automated feature of part of the forum's anti-spam system.

now wtf is this? ive made 2 threads to sell chikara apppg-1. None of them have gone up, and im pretty sure ive done everything right. Where is my sale topic??????

now wtf is this? ive made 2 threads to sell chikara apppg-1. None of them have gone up, and im pretty sure ive done everything right. Where is my sale topic??????

sending pm

how come everyone selling stuff dont use Gyazo app to cut whatever they selling and post on forum. Instead of linking to entropedia or telling them to pm.

It is really easy to use download it click hold and drag whatever in box will cut and automatically upload to webpage.

Than u just right click the webpage that should have automatically opened in ur browser right click save and then upload to pcf.

how come everyone selling stuff dont use Gyazo app to cut whatever they selling and post on forum. Instead of linking to entropedia or telling them to pm.

It is really easy to use download it click hold and drag whatever in box will cut and automatically upload to webpage.

Than u just right click the webpage that should have automatically opened in ur browser right click save and then upload to pcf.

​Because I use snipping tool instead :D

yah i use to press print scrn open paint and crop it but gyazo app makes life easier

Really happy to see this thread e-lite :) :yay:

#space_flight ~ where pilots advertise to grow their business

Back