Too much server load lately, anyone?

Robotek

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Botek Robotek Jura
Hi, I just want to confirm if my observations are correct... I noticed that the server load is at yellow or red more times than at green (maybe a bit exaggerated) but still more than lets say 1 month or more ago. :(

I am asking you if anyone has noticed that it is getting worse and worse every day!?

not exxagerated at all, there should be a min requirent if NO DIALUP ALLOWED plus more servers

Yes, I noticed too. I think aftar last VU or that big crashdown its something wrong. Also lag desturb my hunting like never before.

Yeah I noticed more red than usual, and its alway red just b4 I get my occasional complete shutdowns GRRRR
cyphyr

Robotek said:
Hi, I just want to confirm if my observations are correct... I noticed that the server load is at yellow or red more times than at green (maybe a bit exaggerated) but still more than lets say 1 month or more ago. :(

I am asking you if anyone has noticed that it is getting worse and worse every day!?

Yeah, for me, it's almost impossible to go for a 200ped hunt these days around Twin without getting dropped from the server once or twice. Lot's of so called fap-lag and lot's not not hitting drones at all (more than usual).

I think MA knows about this and works on that (I hope they do).

Same here..lots of yellow and red but that's kinda' for nothing really as PE runs the same for me no matter the colors...the only thing that I noticed is that when there is another player(s) in sight (on radar) there is a bit of lag when looting a mob, but that's pretty much it.

Actually I kinda' asked myself why are those lights red and the game is running so smoothley....

Definatly more lag. Or well.. I didnt really notice much of it until last night. Then I was lagging like craaazy, and I usually dont lag. :dunno:

I think, particularly yesterday, it was just the sheer volume of user online.

A third of my friend list was on, and that's quite a few people, but also, in talking to others, they said also, most of their friend lists were on.

AkiranBlade said:

A third of my friend list was on, and that's quite a few people, but also, in talking to others, they said also, most of their friend lists were on.

yeah ive noticed that too. alot more green in fl

Ok, thanks for confirming that.(for a second I thought I am loosin it completly :silly2: ) As MadMike and others, I also hope MA fixes this with some more power ups...asap.

As I stated in my initial post It is not only this weekend, It is more like tomtoms said or even longer, since last VU definately worse... *the rest of memory about the server status has been in my grey brain cells that are no longer available* :confused:

Lag has been worse than ever before... I hope MA isn`t working on some new proffesion to add or something they usually do with the VUs... (not that they don`t do good job) but I really would like to see some more technical VU fixes from bugs to performance in the near future (next VU preferably).

Maybe someone makes a poll or petition for making some pressure on MA to provide us with more stable and enjoyable expirience with their service.

@MA: Give us the fixing VU and make those servers run like "Forest" did!!! :laugh:

I remember skam talking about the lag in Argus yesterday: It was definitely that way.

The lag at PA the day before was the worst I think I've ever seen. I tried taking a couple orangies to Billy's and we basically couldn't get out of town. I think they got fed up and just dropped out trying to get out the East gate.

Lot of lag, orange/red server status, gratz

lots lag , orange red all time since MA has got the server problem 3 or 4 week ago.
it was supposed to get fix allready.
also , i do not lag when i am on CND
so , 2 question :
1) is that problem is solved or not ?
2) did MA use a part of calypso server for CND ?

AkiranBlade said:

I think so too - for some reason everywhere has been busy since the last VU.

Like some have said, server load doesn't seem to affect me much.

also noticed it.
I got connection lost yesterday
and the servers were on 96%
but not only yesterday the server load has been alot on yellow and red

Hell alot of lag and some people lose adj faps over it :mad:

I think, if this is purely a number of users problem, that MA are going to have to do a lot of hardware/ISP/Code work to get this up and running effectively for a large user base, otherwise, it's all going to go tits up and noone will log on.

AkiranBlade said:
I think, if this is purely a number of users problem, that MA are going to have to do a lot of hardware/ISP/Code work to get this up and running effectively for a large user base, otherwise, it's all going to go tits up and noone will log on.

you said tits *giggle*

Yes, yes, yes ... the lag problem is a BIG challenge for sure. Moonie, Jet and I spent an entire week on Calypso after the last VU bcuz the lag is unreal, but even experienced it BIG time on Calypso as well.

I don't know what happened after the last VU, but I have a pretty decent computer with a good graphics card and updated drivers, AND ... plenty of RAM (*Ooo ... sounds sexy!*) ... so I KNOW that it isn't me, bcuz everything worked JUST fine before the VU.

I love CND ... so I hate to say this, but the lag at CND in the lobbys of the apt area, as well as the Control Room and Main Complex make it extremely challenging at the moment. I have very little control of my cursor and/or avi and constantly run into walls trying to get places.

However ... that said, we HAVE noticed that it seems to be just in areas where there's a teleporter, so not sure what MA did with that one.

I hope that it is fixed real soon, bcuz it makes it difficult to do videos, as well as hold dance contests where ppl can show off their moves, but can't bcuz of the lag when too many ppl are present.

Here's to hoping that this server load and lag problem is fixed soon! :beerchug:

I have a pretty decent computer with a good graphics card and updated drivers, AND ... plenty of RAM (*Ooo ... sounds sexy!*)

:eek: AHHHmaagoddd!!! I got a "semi"!!!!!! :eek:

Ive recently upgraded from 1gb ram to 2.6gb and I've noticed a DECREASE in performance in PE and increased in other games I can now run Quake4, Call of Duty 2 and FEAR etc. MAXED out yet PE runs like a slug :rolleyes:

Back