FYI: EuHunter - Tracking and Analysis Tool

sledge-

Prowler
Society
Raumschiff Titanic reloaded
Sledge Sledge Sulaweyo
This little project started as an exercise in WPF programming. It grew to a nice tool and as some time has passed and it works smooth now i thought i share it with the community.

Goal:
EuHunter is designed to keep track of you hunting returns. You can use it for the other professions too - specially crafting works fine - but its main purpose is hunting. As you have a lot of run specific data you can base your decisions on the analysis of your old runs and might find a way to adapt to EU in a better way.
Basic analysis is just one click away and for more details you can import the XML file into excel or whatever you want to use for your detail analysis.

Features:
  • per run cost items - as detailed as you want it to be
  • per run loot items - again as much detail as you want, split it into TT
    stuff or stackables or just items,...
  • L item calculation in cost and loot items
  • global items - you can keep track of your globals manually or if you enabled log tracking globals are auto filled
  • L item calculation in cost and loot items
  • auto (global/hof) and manual screenshots of the EU window
  • tracking of damage done/taken/healed, crit and a lot more
  • per run basic analysis data like return (total and %), ammo used per group and so on
  • analysis graphs
  • support for english and german logs
  • auto screenshot at new skill
  • auto loot tracking (team)
  • auto markup fetch for loot items
  • reporting of loot drops to entropedia

Download and more details at
http://titanicreloaded.eu/tools/EuHunter/

EuHunter is work in progress so don't expect it to be 100% bug free ;) but it is tested for a while now. If you find a bug or want a specific function feel free to send me a PM.

Some info about security ... i used MS Click Once Deployment to enable easy Updates so EuHunter will access the net but all it does is checking for updates. Feel free to sniff or block it from accessing the internet.
No keys are monitored - manual screenshots are enabled using a clipboard watcher.
No interaction with EU - all i do is reading the chat log.
Feel free to do whatever you need to feel secure ;)

Screenshots (please have a look at the website - new screenshots there):
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

And here a screenshot of one of my finished runs as an example

Link to latest update info post

Have fun

Last edited:
when I tried to download it with firefox i saw nothing but a long line of letters..,.

Looks Nice.

However when i go to the screenshots I cannot zoom in on them. Not sure whether this is just me or not. so cannot see them all that well

hello mate, i was the guy that ask u more about this tool, thx to share it. Can you pls change the pictures in some larger ones???? I guess everybody will be more interest about this tool if have the possibility to have a better look at those screenshots. Thank you in advance and in any case +rep

when I tried to download it with firefox i saw nothing but a long line of letters..,.
Use "Save as" on the Firefox file, this will give you the app reference wich Windows will follow to download and install it. (will add that to the download site in a second)

I can upload a rar/zip with the exe in it too but then automatic updates no longer work.

Bigger screenshots are in the first post now.

Last edited:
If you were not a man ... i would marry you !!!
:D

Dude that looks awesome! Im starting to hate Excel

hmm how can i set a weapon preset in the settings? how do they work anyway? would like to do that before i start a hunt.

hmm how can i set a weapon preset in the settings? how do they work anyway? would like to do that before i start a hunt.

In the Settings tab you have 6 textboxes - just enter your setup there. The presets are just strings that you can fill into the equipment textfield during a run by clicking the number buttons. When you move the mouse over one of the buttons you get the preset it will deliver as tooltip.

Looks cool, I will test this out:)

I added a screenshot of one of my runs to the first post to show how data in the run can look

looks very nice. Mabye i missed the point, what do you use for development ? --- lol just found it. Forget it :) ( Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil ) Nice work

New Version is out :yay:

Contentlist:
  • capturing of cords for a global - after you global you press the cords key and if that happens within 10 seconds after the global the cords get stored there
  • screenshots when you acquire a new skill
  • You can enter a teamname in the NewRun interface to get autoscreenshots for team globals/hofs too
  • basic debug mode - if enabled (in settings) a basic call stack is written, so if you have crashes or other problems with EU-Hunter enable it and send me the log (this debug mode is far from perfect but so far i have no crash reports so with that i can at least say where a problem happened)
  • After update you get a message with the contents of the update
  • You can specify the Entropia executable now (used to identify the EU window) - maybe MA changes that at some point so you can change yourself and don't have to wait for an update from me
  • You can select if screenshots should be made when an EU window is present only
  • minor fixes

If you have EU-Hunter installed just go to tools->check for update ;)

Last edited:
New Version is out :yay:

Contentlist:
  • capturing of cords for a global - after you global you press the cords key and if that happens within 10 seconds after the global the cords get stored there
  • screenshots when you acquire a new skill
  • You can enter a teamname in the NewRun interface to get autoscreenshots for team globals/hofs too
  • basic debug mode - if enabled (in settings) a basic call stack is written, so if you have crashes or other problems with EU-Hunter enable it and send me the log (this debug mode is far from perfect but so far i have no crash reports so with that i can at least say where a problem happened)
  • After update you get a message with the contents of the update
  • You can specify the Entropia executable now (used to identify the EU window) - maybe MA changes that at some point so you can change yourself and don't have to wait for an update from me
  • You can select if screenshots should be made when an EU window is present only
  • minor fixes

nice!!!!!!!! :)

new Version again - got report for a critical bug
in the new version EU-Hunter no longer crashes when you die in team ;)

• Added support for german logfile
  • some fixes and preliminary work for detection of nolooter and crit count

bleh dunno if it was my fault but I had some problem with the used ammo ammount.... It seems I forgot a , and then I couldn`t edit it nowhere and all my data was messed up.... -.,-

solving per pm

you should be able to edit and delet runs over the context menu in the tree view on the right side.

Any hope of you adding mining/crafting runs as well? :)

Looks nice.. i'll use it next days , when my ISP stop lagging like hell :D

Any hope of you adding mining/crafting runs as well? :)

Well crafting and mining use cost items and loot items as well so it can be done. The screenshot part works too

For a crafting run you simply don't fill ammo but your used ressources in the cost items (you can use start and end value too ;))
then you enter your returns in loot items and save ... do it myself for my small runs

For mining ... well as long as you don't want to chart your drops no problem. I don't plan to go into more detail for mining as there are tools to log drops/claims already.

Some ppl ran into problems with black screenshots using Win7 and Aero. So far i have not fixed that as i have to rewrite the screenshot part and did not find the time yet but disabling Aero works :ahh:

Well crafting works fine as you have cost items and loot items as well

For a crafting run you simply don't fill ammo but your used ressources in the cost items (you can use start and end value too ;))
then you enter your returns in loot items and save ... do it myself for my small runs
global screenshots work too

For mining ... well as long as you don't want to chart your drops no problem. I don't plan to go more into detail for mining as there are tools to log drops/claims already

Some ppl ran into problems with black screenshots using Win7 and Aero. So far i have not fixed that as i have to rewrite the screenshot part and did not find the time yet but disabling Aero works :ahh:
ahh, so as long as i just keep to tracking expenses, results and markups it will be fine?

Didn`t check it in detail though...

ahh, so as long as i just keep to tracking expenses, results and markups it will be fine?

Didn`t check it in detail though...

Jup thats it

For crafting there is not much i can read from the logs.
On the roadmap for the next Version is tracking of no looters - can fill that field for no ressource found too ... sounds like a good idea

ah i even have a screenshot for a crafting run on my download site :D (not that good as i entered ressources as ammo but you get the idea)
http://titanicreloaded.eu/tools/EuHunter/img/detail.JPG

Last edited:
0.6.3.2 is out

Nothing earth shaking in it ... just some stability enhancements and cleanings

If someone with german logging could send me a chat.log line with the german ATH line i could make sure that it would be detected when you happen to have one :D English logging works fine for ATH ... counted as HOF

added a lot of exception handler as there is a bug somewhere that sometimes crashes EuHunter but so far i have no clue where it is
You don't need to enable Debug mode - the new exception handling will write to log onyway (if the bug is not in the logging - nah don't think so :D)

Last edited:
0.7.0.0 is out

New Features:
  • Tracking of NoLooters and Crits (taken/done)
  • the Equipment textbox can be parsed and per coma seperated entry you get an entry in the cost items
  • further tries to increase stability

Last edited:
Wont let me dbl +Rep you at the moment but I am sure I have something in my storage for all your efforts to improve your program. A job well done and appreciated by me at least for now.

I am playing in window mode using Windows 7 so I will see if screenshots are being taken once I get a global. :)

I hope my chat log helps and for those who have not sent theirs you can do it quite easily by sending it to:

sledge.sulaweyo@gmail.com

We need people like Sledge, Nightwolfe and Chainfire otherwise www.entropiatracker.com, PE Assistant (PEASS) EU Hunter and EU Assistant would ever be written.

We need people like Sledge, Nightwolfe and Chainfire otherwise www.entropiatracker.com, PE Assistant (PEASS) EU Hunter and EU Assistant would ever be written.

Thx for the honor :yay:
Still i don't see me in the same league as some of the guys you mentioned here - maybe EuHunter will someday reach the use of these tools but there is still a lot to do until then ;)

PS: Don't forget Jdegre, Witte, Tussi,... in your list - they have created excelent tools and our little universe would not be what it is without them.

This looks very interesting.I've downloaded and installed but I cant for the life of me find the damn chatlog file for the auto screenshots anywhere in the EU files,Can anyone point me to where it should be?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it under documents and not actually in the EU program files :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I just loaded in some data from a run i had written down to see what it looked like and get a better understanding of things but is there a way to delete that run from the record now?

I just loaded in some data from a run i had written down to see what it looked like and get a better understanding of things but is there a way to delete that run from the record now?

Right click the entry in the tree view on the right side of the main window and select delete ;) Context actions are in the pipe for the overview table aswell.

I know the interface is not that intuitive but it's hard to get all in and keep it simple at the same time. I try though and any input on usability is much appreciated.

PS: there is a tooltip for as good as anything including the location of the chatlog when you move your cursor over the textbox or button

PPS @ Rill:
You can try screenshots with the print button if you have selected "Catch PrintScreen" in settings.

Last edited:
Back