FYI: EuHunter - Tracking and Analysis Tool

heya :) this is a great tool thanks for sharing it.

Im trying to get it to run and wanted to input my own personal data from previous runs. Just a bit of a question if its not too stupid.

I have my 6 items preset but want to include them in a new run. When i click on the number in " New run " i can see the item is pasted in a text window but i cant see anywhere to put the start and end TT values for that preset?

Sorry if its a noob question lol

EDIT :)

Got it - you click "parse" once the item is in the text window? For ease am i also able to preset the TT values of the items because i repair most items after every run?

Last edited:
Cool program man.

I am trying to put some of my previous hunts in the the program, is there any way to edit the ID (date) of the run? because when I go to enter them I hit "New Run" and it gives the current date

Got it - you click "parse" once the item is in the text window? For ease am i also able to preset the TT values of the items because i repair most items after every run?
Yes the text has to be in the textbox before you click parse - thought to do it at clicking but as it is you can change the preset before parsing it.

TT for the items ... well thats a bit tricky as i would need to expand the input for you to be able to set it on any item and that with as many items as you like to have. This would blow up the whole interface or i would need another window to define that.

For your purpose it would be best to just enter the value you get from repair terminal and not bother with the start and end values as this will be your cost on armor or any repairable item anyway.

Another option would be some kind of tags like "weaponX[123.5],...". Problem with that is usability - the tagging has to be explained and i'm not sure if it is still readable and useable for the common users.

For L stuff i plan to add a feature that takes the end value for a given item in last run and import it as start value in the new run. (thx for the input rill)

I am trying to put some of my previous hunts in the the program, is there any way to edit the ID (date) of the run? because when I go to enter them I hit "New Run" and it gives the current date
As it is ... no not with the EuHunter GUI. I used the DateTime as ID as it will be unique, has to be in the run anyway and you don't have to bother to find a new name for each run.

That said you can ofc edit the ID directly in the datafile - select Tools->Open in Notepad or the better way would be Tools->Open XML if you have an XML editor installed.

Just take care that the ID is unique and the format of the timestamp stays as it is ... and you have to reload the file after the edit ;) Never tested what will happen if you mess that up ... well there will be an entry in error log or data not accessable - backup the datafile i'd say :D

Sorry in advance if this has been asked already, or if it is somehow explained in the OP.

But is it fully automated? Or do I need to manually input all hunting data?

But is it fully automated? Or do I need to manually input all hunting data?

What i can get from log is automated but you still have to enter data for your cost items and loot items like value and markup. But you can do it in as much detail as you want - you can split your cost/loot in items or just do one entry for all.

No way around it without a damn lot of OCR and backend data.
But imho it's way more convenient than excel or something like that.

thanks for your response ;)

I think just putting in the repair costs IS a hell of alot easier :p of course im just an idiot lol.

Thanks alot for your reponse.

C

hey, i just updated the latest version only to find all my records missing, and i dont seem to find it anywhere on my comp either, any ideas of what i could have done, lulz :D

hey, i just updated the latest version only to find all my records missing, and i dont seem to find it anywhere on my comp either, any ideas of what i could have done, lulz :D

Happened to me as well but unfortunately no way to recover the data. Sounds like you may not have used it and your updates were a couple of versions behind. It just created new data xml file and error log. I have told Sledge and I'm sure he will look at it for future updates.

Oh and the last update ver 7 kept all files intact so maybe he fixed it for updates after the previous mishap.

Wooh thats bad. I update my own verson since start and never lost any data.
Please give me some hints - how did you do the update?
and send me the error log

Very nice piece of software. I always kept track of things in excel and such, but usually it was in several various spreadsheets, and here it's possible to have everything in one place and analyze later on.

Thanks alot for sharing this with community :)

Hi.

Hi,

First off all. Great work on the program i love it.
I did add some things i think would be nice in the new versions.

TT value diagram (Would be nice to see the TT value and also the tt+MU as a diagram)

Diagram showing how much money you did use on your items. (Weooens 5 Ped, armor 10 Ped etc.)

Diagram showing the total no loot (Would be nice to see if you some days get less no loots.) Maybe also you could type in the total kills and see how many was no lootérs

I would love if you could choose the loot from a file list. I hate typing all the stuff down from each run. (I now it take some times to do)

Being able to edit the run name (Would be nice so i am not forced to call my run 2071-2010)

And plz add a Donat buttom in your program, i would not mind donating some dollars for your effort.

Would be also be nice if you could edit the ammount of armor on a run. (Im not sure if you can, i could not find the option. Maybe i should do a RTFM :ahh:)

Sorry if my English is bad.

Kind regards.

Lana

Hi,

First off all. Great work on the program i love it.
I did add some things i think would be nice in the new versions.

TT value diagram (Would be nice to see the TT value and also the tt+MU as a diagram)

Diagram showing how much money you did use on your items. (Weooens 5 Ped, armor 10 Ped etc.)I think this would be great with a % percentage showing how much expenditure on each run was armour,weapon,fap.

Diagram showing the total no loot (Would be nice to see if you some days get less no loots.) Maybe also you could type in the total kills and see how many was no lootérsThis might be inetersting,Not overly important for me but interesting to see.

I would love if you could choose the loot from a file list. I hate typing all the stuff down from each run. (I now it take some times to do)

This would be very handy also,I dont track too much individually so to be able to parse it just like the cost items would be handy.

Completely agree,Great work :thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing as Lana on a few options so I've bolded them just to add another vote ;)

I'll try and set up a meet in game over the next week or so for a little donation also ;)

Keep up the great work ;)

Happened to me as well but unfortunately no way to recover the data. Sounds like you may not have used it and your updates were a couple of versions behind. It just created new data xml file and error log. I have told Sledge and I'm sure he will look at it for future updates.

Oh and the last update ver 7 kept all files intact so maybe he fixed it for updates after the previous mishap.

hm, i dont think my version were outofdate, i started using this program around a week ago, took the latest version of slegde site... and last night when i started the program it just wanted to upgrade and somehow remove my xml file ;-)

anyway, will give it another shot before i go back to excell documents, lulz :D

..TT value diagram ...Diagram showing how much money you did use on your items. .... Diagram showing the total no loot .... total kills and see how many was no lootérs....could choose the loot from a file list. I hate typing all the stuff down from each run.....Being able to edit the run name ...And plz add a Donat buttom in your program, i would not mind donating some dollars for your effort....Would be also be nice if you could edit the ammount of armor on a run..Lana

A lot of what you speak of could be done already and the program is designed for you to simply copy data across from the analysis to a spreadsheet of your own design. Or at least that's my understanding.

The existing graph is designed to show rise and fall in profit and loss over time. But you never know what can be done unless you ask :).

I type each piece of armor in the Presets for (L) items and type in TT start TT end and %MU which allows me to put a percentage of each profit in storage to cover decay and replacement. I also enter each (L) item for weapons , FAP etc for the same reason. But I usually have to deposit to top up the funds I put away. Meaning more loss than profit ;) but hey I have more accurate picture.

How do others use the program? I would be interested to hear.

OK guys ... for those with problems with lost data after update:
ClickOnce creates new folders for each version and keeps at least the last one - so if you never saved to another location your data should still be there.
In theory the data should be copied from one version to another but it looks like that did not happen.
So search for the Datafile in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\ (win7)
There will be a lot of directories with names in form of hash values so use search.

As a workaround for now save your datafile to another directory and you will be fine. I will work on a fix for that problem but i will not update in at least the next 2 days to make sure you can search for your old data and not delete it because of new version.
Strange that this problem did not surface until now :D

Thx on the input guys ;)
Lot's of good ideas specially on the Analysis part wich is a bit slim so far. I'll put them to my backlog but i want the base system stable before i start with that. I hope i'll manage to get there in the next 2 weeks.

I love the postRunDiagrams! As it is now you have to look up the run to see the result - bothered me for a while but i did not see the point in doing a popup with just 1 or 2 values!

No loot is pretty new in the datafile so not used anywhere so far. There are a few things i can think of to put that to good use. I'm not sure if no loot data is compareable though - when you hunt hoggs you get as good as no no looters but hunting daiki on the other hand will give you lots of them. So to compare them you have to be very strict at hunting - but it should be rather stable on groups of hunts on the same mob with the ammo counted in. Lot's of ideas .. :computer:

I see a generic window for diagrams coming that can be called with any given data...

To select loot from a dropdown is a good idea - not sure about the file but i will work something out for that.

PS:
The donate button is at the bottom of the downloadpage :laugh:

Last edited:
Ok i have updated my backlog for the next version:
  • Fix the possible dataloss at upgrade - use the workaround please!
  • Gui Enhancements - context actions for overview,...
  • Preliminary work for advanced analysis - post run analysis will be the first
  • Import of end value to start value for cost items

Full backlog state today:
image_1f99734de7be078c9c44de5c5bbba813.jpg

image_901bb3bcf52cd6540a870c81c523680f.jpg

LoL i love my Folio Cloud :D

Last edited:
Version 0.7.0.1 would be ready for deployment.
It contains a fix for the problem with not found datafiles after upgrade - default datafile location is changed. Please make sure that you saved your data to a directory of your choice. (the new default is '...\MyDocuments\EuHunter\')

I will switch it live tomorrow evening!

If you did not save until then you will have to digg it out of the old versions dir in the AppCache.

Last edited:
heya :)

Thanks for the heads up.

Where is the data saved for current hunts so that i can back it up manually?

EDIT: Ive saved the .txt file that i opened using the tools bar at the top and guess thats it?

Last edited:
The datafile has the name EU-Hunter-Data.xml

In the Toolbar you have some options to do it:
use File->'Save as' to store it somewhere else: if you do so Load will default to that new location
use Tools->'Open in Notepad' and click 'save as' there will just create a backup

I'd go for 'Save as' as it is the most convinient way. With the next update the default location changes anyway so if you do a backup only it might happen that you have to load the backup file then.
It's a good idea to keep an additional backup anyway...

Maybe i'll add a feature to do autobackups every month. Low priority though.

Update is out as 0.7.0.2

If you get the message "no datafile found" you can find it in the app cache of the last version.

WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\some hash\...
search for EU-Hunter-Data.xml there

Win7: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\some hash\...
search for EU-Hunter-Data.xml there

If you did not do it until now save the datafile to any location you like (...\MyDocuments\EuHunter\ is the new default location)

Next update will contain some real stuff ;)

You Rock !!!!:yay:

I have an idea that would be useful for EuHunter. Under other info you could track the number of shots hit( you inflicted ), then add a place to enter the decay value per shot on your weapon. once the hunt is over and you enter the start and end TT of your weapon, you could take the TT burned by the weapon to get your total numer of shots. Then you could take the number of hits + crits and divide by the total number of shots to get your missed shots %.

ex..

Start TT 130.97
End TT 81.51
Decay/Shot 0.01898
Total Shots 2605.9009
Total Crits done 38
Total Hits 2252.00
Total Misses 315.90
Missed Shots % 12.12%

That would be pretty cool to know. if that all makes sence

The idea is good and i'm thinking about something like that for a while now.

The problem is that this way would only deliver serious data when you use only one weapon. That is an extreme that is not much used - most of us have a tagger, a main gun, a finisher and some even a lot more...

Only approach i see so far is calculating all by the decay of gun or amp..

This is planned for 0.9-1.0

The idea is good and i'm thinking about something like that for a while now.

The problem is that this way would only deliver serious data when you use only one weapon. That is an extreme that is not much used - most of us have a tagger, a main gun, a finisher and some even a lot more...

Only approach i see so far is calculating all by the decay of gun or amp..

This is planned for 0.9-1.0

Glad to hear that ;)

This tool is pretty spectacular as it is (simple and results look pretty damn cool) and so even more functionality will just enhance the product ;)

Nice work and as soon as i can i will donate ;) if you have the option?

Donation Link is at the bottom of the downloadpage ;)

New Website is on my list but right now i'm pretty busy with the next version of EuHunter. It will be a stright jump to 0.8 ;) For one of the next updates i plan to introduce an upload for the errorlog and additional data (selectable) directly from EuHunter. To do that i have to change some stuff on the wesite anyway..

Preview 0.8:
  • Full rework of backend handling for data (performance)
  • Naming of runs (id will stay but you can give a name too)
  • Context actions for overview (edit, continue, remove)
  • End value to start value import for cost items
  • Loot items selectable from dropdown - i will not build an external list but use what is in the data anyway. So you will have to enter new items or select from what you have entered in any run before. The first entries displayed in the dropdown will be your most used ones.
  • PostRunAnalysis popup (you can disable in settings) including graphs for item usage, MU vs TT,...

will be a nice update i guess ;)

and when is it going to happen? i plan to use this tool in 2 weeks on a regular basis. :)

My planed release date is 30.01 but it depends on RL and on how much trouble i run into while doing it :D
So no it's not a hard ETA ... but i try

Nice work Sledge and thank you for listening to those who have provided their wish lists.

P.S. I added Motto to my friends list and he confirmed he still has me on his. I have asked him to let me know when your in game so please remember to PM him.

Tested the tool today.
Noticed some problems!
Sent a PM to Sledge and looking forward to next update.

This tool could be very very useful.

+REP for Sledge

nice

looks cool... I'll download it as soon as I get back home :D

Lez. :wtg:

Back