FYI: EuHunter - Tracking and Analysis Tool

Doing the same for me, can only analyze subgroups. :(

Oh well, I'm sure that'll get fixed really soon. :wtg:

I think I should try this out :)

@Top node selection:
Jup right - fucked that up in the rework of the datahandler. Top node selection does not work as it did. Will be fixed soon.

@cleaning and renaming items/loots
jeah have that myself. I'll do the cleanup in the xml file. Thought about adding a merger but lot of work for a one time task...

Last edited:
Version 0.8.0.1 is live

• Top node selection for analysis of all data is fixed now.
  • Set the minimal required version to 0.8.0.0 - i want to clean the old versions from the website

Can anybody confirm that the decimal number issue is working now? My english Windows VM is not yet up for tests.

Analysis works again .. :yay:

. is not working for me ... had to type , to accept it as decimal. :(

Last edited:
Damn data binding ... good old parse has it's good sides too :D Nah wpf databinding rocks ;)

Ok i'm working on my test VM so i guess i'll have it fixed in a few of days.
Until then can you give me some more details please: win version,32/64bit, is it working in the datagrids,... and send me the output that Tools->Settings to Log produces in the errorlog (contains settings including the system language) as pm or mail.
Thx

Maybe i should take the safe road and make the english or german number representation selectable and ignore anything else....

Last edited:
0.8.0.2 test only

Ok guys i switched a version live in wich you can select the data language -> you are able to select german (',' comma like 10,5PED) or english ('.' comma like 10.5PED)

THIS VERSION IS TESTING ONLY - THE ERROR LOG SHOWS A BUNCH OF PROBLEMS RESULTING FROM THAT!!!!!

IF YOU DON'T HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE NUMBERS DON'T DOWNLOAD IT!!

It's just a test but it worked fine for me (expect some errors all over the prog :D). So the ppl with number conversion problems. Please try and check if it works for you.
The errors are because of inconsistent language specific formats wich are not propperly handled - jup my fault and if it works for you as it did in my tests i'll clean that up and do a cleaned up release within the next days.

You can switch back to 0.8.0.1 in Control Panel -> Programs -> EU Hunter Remove/Change -> Select Change to older version (or something like that ... free translation from german but you get the idea)

Last edited:
Damn data binding ... good old parse has it's good sides too :D Nah wpf databinding rocks ;)

Ok i'm working on my test VM so i guess i'll have it fixed in a few of days.
Until then can you give me some more details please: win version,32/64bit, is it working in the datagrids,... and send me the output that Tools->Settings to Log produces in the errorlog (contains settings including the system language) as pm or mail.
Thx

Maybe i should take the safe road and make the english or german number representation selectable and ignore anything else....

Will do shortly :D

Can't see my old hunts

My version just updated to 0.8.0.41856.

My overview screen shows nothing. I selected File/Load and selected my EU-Hunter-Data.xml but nothing shows. I select Tools/Open in NotePad and all my data is there. Also all my data shows up correct in the Setting button.

How come nothing show up from my old hunts?

I click New Run and the drop down is populated with all the equipment I use so I now it's reading the XML file. Somethings not working or I'm doing something wrong. I love this program. Hope you can help.

Ok guys i switched a version live in wich you can select the data language -> you are able to select german (',' comma like 10,5PED) or english ('.' comma like 10.5PED)

THIS VERSION IS TESTING ONLY - THE ERROR LOG SHOWS A BUNCH OF PROBLEMS RESULTING FROM THAT!!!!!

IF YOU DON'T HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE NUMBERS DON'T DOWNLOAD IT!!

It's just a test but it worked fine for me (expect some errors all over the prog :D). So the ppl with number conversion problems. Please try and check if it works for you.
The errors are because of inconsistent language specific formats wich are not propperly handled - jup my fault and if it works for you as it did in my tests i'll clean that up and do a cleaned up release within the next days.

You can switch back to 0.8.0.1 in Control Panel -> Programs -> EU Hunter Remove/Change -> Select Change to older version (or something like that ... free translation from german but you get the idea)

Problem problem :(

Switching to en-us makes the data values zero :(

So all the amounts are 0

Sending Error log in PM

false_ammounts.jpg

Can't see my old hunts. Solved

I figured it out. The new version does not like the old date format.

My old format is - <hunt id="1/20/2010-10:56:37 PM">
The new formant is - - <hunt id="02.02.2010-18:40:31" name="">

Error log shows:DataHandler UpdateCollections: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

I guess I'll try updating my dates to the new version by hand.

No switch back to the old version!!

This build was just to test if the inputfields accept the correct format with that change! I have to make a bunch of changes to make sure the backend accepts it.

you can go back to the last version in the control panel -> programs/software and there go to EU Hunter edit/delete and select go to last version.

I will clean it up today

Update:
The datafile can contain both formates of date and numbers in the next version. The datahandler will read both from the file and transform them to the currently selected language.

This step is not implemented in 0.8.0.2 and thats why a whole lot of problems appear and i wrote don't download if you did not have issues with the input format. Ok lesson learned
I will never again put a test version out via the update process ;)

Last edited:
0.8.0.3 is out

Ok guys here is the new version with cleaned up language code.

You have to select language for log and data/input now. The log language is as it was before the lang of the EU logfile. Data/Input lang is the language or the better term would be language specific format for input and data. The GUI is and will stay english.
An example: english = 10.5PED and 2/3/2009 german = 10,5PED and 3.2.2009

Both formates are accepted in the datafile so no need to change anything by hand here.

Again sorry for any troubles caused by the update yesterday.

(Build ID 0.8.0.37390)
new settings screenshot

Last edited:
liking the programme more and more ;)

Thanks alot for your hard work

Um, having problems here :( Since the latest version (0.8.37390), it's no longer showing any entries from the log file. My system is in Spanish, and I noticed EU Hunter's Active Culture is now "English (United States)", might this have to do something with the recent problems and updates?

EDIT: Here's the error log. Notice that there's some text in Spanish, rough translation is: ERROR-03/02/2010 05:19:09 p.m.: DataHandler DeltaIndexBuild: The string cannot be recognized as a valid DateTime. There's an unknown word at the beginning of index 20.

Code:
ERROR-2/3/2010 5:17:47 PM:	DataHandler UpdateCollections: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
------------------------------------------
ERROR-2/3/2010 5:17:47 PM:	DataHandler InitBGW: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
ERROR-2/3/2010 5:18:44 PM:	DataHandler UpdateCollections: The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is a unknown word starting at index 20.
ERROR-03/02/2010 05:18:44 p.m.:	DataHandler DeltaIndexBuild: La cadena no se reconoce como DateTime válido. Hay una palabra desconocida al inicio del índice 20.
ERROR-03/02/2010 05:18:44 p.m.:	DataHandler DeltaIndexBuild: La cadena no se reconoce como DateTime válido. Hay una palabra desconocida al inicio del índice 20.
ERROR-2/3/2010 5:19:09 PM:	DataHandler UpdateCollections: The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is a unknown word starting at index 20.
ERROR-03/02/2010 05:19:09 p.m.:	DataHandler DeltaIndexBuild: La cadena no se reconoce como DateTime válido. Hay una palabra desconocida al inicio del índice 20.
ERROR-03/02/2010 05:19:09 p.m.:	DataHandler DeltaIndexBuild: La cadena no se reconoce como DateTime válido. Hay una palabra desconocida al inicio del índice 20.
DEBUG-2/3/2010 5:19:21 PM:	
Version: 0.8.0.37390
PicFormat: Png
AutoScreenshot: True
Avatar: Alexander Neutrino-X Darkmoon
Chatlog: C:\Documents and Settings\Usuario\Mis documentos\Entropia Universe\chat.log
CheckClip: True
Datafile: C:\Documents and Settings\Usuario\Mis documentos\EuHunter\EU-Hunter-Data_2.xml
Delay: 850
EUOnly: True
Prog: Entropia
Picfolder: C:\Documents and Settings\Usuario\Mis documentos\Mis imágenes\EU Screenshots
Skillscreen: True
Team: 
PostRunAnalysis: True
Log-lang: en-US
Data-lang: en-US
Environment-lang: en-us
DEBUG-2/3/2010 5:19:26 PM:	
Version: 0.8.0.37390
AutoScreenshot: True
Avatar: Alexander Neutrino-X Darkmoon
Chatlog: C:\Documents and Settings\Usuario\Mis documentos\Entropia Universe\chat.log
CheckClip: True
Datafile: C:\Documents and Settings\Usuario\Mis documentos\EuHunter\EU-Hunter-Data_2.xml
Delay: 850
EUOnly: True
Prog: Entropia
Picfolder: C:\Documents and Settings\Usuario\Mis documentos\Mis imágenes\EU Screenshots
Skillscreen: True
Team: 
PostRunAnalysis: True
Log-lang: en-US
Data-lang: en-US
Environment-lang: en-us

Still having date problems

I went back and restored the original xml without my manual editing like you said and the new update will not read the file. The date format in the original unedited file is:

<hunt id="1/20/2010-10:56:37 PM">

The program still reads the file where I edited the date format and looks like this:

<hunt id="20.01.2010-10:56:37 PM">

Log file reads: ERROR-2/3/2010 10:12:08 PM: DataHandler UpdateCollections: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

I also tried to restore the previous version in control panel but the restore previous version is grayed out. I could only select remove EU Hunter.

Here is a sample file that I can't load.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!--XML Data Storage for EU Hunter - feel free to edit the data but keep structure intact-->
<hunts>
  <group key="snarksnot-plum">
    <hunt id="1/20/2010-10:56:37 PM" name="">
      <cost value="67.81">
        <ammo>51</ammo>
        <repair value="16.81">
          <repairItems>
            <repairItem name="M2A" group="" markup="120" TT="2.6" value="3.12" TTStart="32.49" TTEnd="29.89" />
            <repairItem name="AMP's" group="" markup="100" TT="12.66" value="12.66" TTStart="46.8" TTEnd="34.14" />
            <repairItem name="FAP50" group="" markup="100" TT="0.28" value="0.28" TTStart="9.15" TTEnd="8.87" />
            <repairItem name="FAP5" group="" markup="100" TT="0.29" value="0.29" TTStart="5.38" TTEnd="5.09" />
            <repairItem name="S30" group="" markup="100" TT="0.46" value="0.46" TTStart="4.25" TTEnd="3.79" />
          </repairItems>
        </repair>
      </cost>
      <return value="61.67">
        <lootItems>
          <lootItem name="AMMO" markup="100" value="5.17" TT="5.17" />
          <lootItem name="FAP5" markup="100" value="2.22" TT="2.22" />
          <lootItem name="S30" markup="100" value="2.21" TT="2.21" />
          <lootItem name="BLAZAR FRAGMENT" markup="100" value="15.9" TT="15.9">
            <note>159</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="ANIMAL MUSCLE OIL" markup="102" value="17.35" TT="17.01">
            <note>567</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="ANIMAL OIL RESIDUE" markup="100" value="0.95" TT="0.95">
            <note>95</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="ANIMAL HIDE" markup="100" value="1.17" TT="1.17">
            <note>117</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="PAINT ORANGE" markup="100" value="2.49" TT="2.49">
            <note>249</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="PAINT GREEN" markup="100" value="1.33" TT="1.33">
            <note>19</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="HIGH SPEED CONTROL COMPONENT" markup="100" value="1" TT="1">
            <note>10</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="SOCKET I COMPONENT" markup="100" value="3.4" TT="3.4">
            <note>34</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="BASIC MINERAL EXTRACTOR" markup="100" value="0.03" TT="0.03">
            <note>3</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="INFERIOR CLOTH EXTRACTOR" markup="100" value="0.38" TT="0.38">
            <note>38</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="FOCUS LENSE COMPONENT" markup="100" value="0.2" TT="0.2">
            <note>1</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="HAIR GEL" markup="100" value="0.52" TT="0.52">
            <note>4</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="THIN WOOL" markup="104" value="0.78" TT="0.75">
            <note>3</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="WOOL" markup="100" value="0.6" TT="0.6">
            <note>3</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="EXAROSAUR WOOL" markup="100" value="0.84" TT="0.84">
            <note>7</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="SNARKSNOT SKIN" markup="100" value="0.72" TT="0.72">
            <note>18</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="SOFT HIDE" markup="105" value="0.42" TT="0.4">
            <note>4</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="EXAROSAUR TOOTH" markup="100" value="0.12" TT="0.12">
            <note>1</note>
          </lootItem>
          <lootItem name="TT ARMOR" markup="100" value="3.87" TT="3.87" />
        </lootItems>
      </return>
      <result value="-6.14" perc="90.95" />
      <globals count="0" />
      <otherItems>
        <otherItem name="Crit taken" value="0" />
        <otherItem name="Crit done" value="16" />
        <otherItem name="NoLoot/Nrf" value="84" />
      </otherItems>
      <note></note>
      <duration>1:26:10 AM</duration>
      <equipment></equipment>
      <damage>
        <taken>10701</taken>
        <done>101911</done>
        <healed>1700</healed>
      </damage>
    </hunt>
  </group>
</hunts>

Args i don't see it right now - will check that when i get home from work
@NeutrinoX please send me your datafile - pm or mail - thx

Sledge everything here with . is working fine .. same does the Date ... what is not working in the screenshot feature.. any ideas why?? :scratch2:

Can it be that i use PE-ass too? :D

I'm not at all aware of if this is posible - Haven't tried the program yet, but deffently something I will look into :)

I play on several different computers - Is it posible to export the "saved" info to another computer so that I can keep track of my runs no matter which computer I'm working on ?

I'm not at all aware of if this is posible - Haven't tried the program yet, but deffently something I will look into :)

I play on several different computers - Is it posible to export the "saved" info to another computer so that I can keep track of my runs no matter which computer I'm working on ?

yes , " Save as" and save an .xml file ready to go :)

Try it is great! :yay:

sorry for adding my newbie question into this post, but it is relevant!

Does this program track sweating? Aka results of sweats? Intersted in keeping track of how much I usually average per night etc.

Thanks in advance.

Derid el nubie superbo classico

Args i don't see it right now - will check that when i get home from work
@NeutrinoX please send me your datafile - pm or mail - thx

Hey, sorry for the delay, sending it right now. :)

EDIT: Oh yes, mind sending me a slightly older version I can use in the meantime?

EDIT: Oh yes, mind sending me a slightly older version I can use in the meantime?

Guess that would be too much work :D
I'll fix that today ... just give me a few hours (or my girlfriend will kill me :D)

I tested this EU hunter, overall a very nice program for keeping track of hunts:)

A few things I'd like to change anyway;)

1:When I enter something that needs a comma, then I have to use a dot, would have been much easier to use comma.

2: All hunts seems to be saved by date/time, but I don't like the US way of setting dates, I would prefer something like 2010-01-19.

Is it possible to change this somehow?

I tested this EU hunter, overall a very nice program for keeping track of hunts:)

A few things I'd like to change anyway;)

1:When I enter something that needs a comma, then I have to use a dot, would have been much easier to use comma.

2: All hunts seems to be saved by date/time, but I don't like the US way of setting dates, I would prefer something like 2010-01-19.

Is it possible to change this somehow?

Under settings change the Data Input between English and German :)

I think this will work for you .

Demonikos :tiphat:

@Chris Enzo
jup just change to german and you get that format
if somone has a better idea for naming the formats tell me :laugh:

@Derid
nope ... do successfull sweat attempts write a line to chat? If so i can add it when i find the time

@NeutrinoX
Bäh the spanish logfile contains a dot at p.m and i used the dot to check if it is the german date format. Will be an easy fix
(LoL now i understand the error log message - damn copy paste on try catch block :duh:)

@Henry
I don't see the problem right away but loading it will tell :D Will fix that today too

@levithanikos
Very strange thing - gdi error usually is something about memory streames but i could not reproduce it on my systems. I'll try another idea in todays release ... and i'll increase the debug info for screenshots
Did you ever try to do a screenshot when PEass is not running? Any info would help here

In 0.8.1 i plan i'll add an error reporting feature. Should make things a lot easier when something goes wrong to get all the info to me. Besides that i have to reduce coding a bit for the next 2 weeks - did not play for more than a week now and my girlfriend deserves more attention. So just error reporting and bugfixes for that timespan.

Next sprint starts 21.02.10 so next bigger release around the 8.3.10 :lam:

Last edited:
@Chris Enzo
jup just change to german and you get that format
if somone has a better idea for naming the formats tell me :laugh:

@Derid
nope ... do successfull sweat attempts write a line to chat? If so i can add it when i find the time

@NeutrinoX
Bäh the spanish logfile contains a dot at p.m and i used the dot to check if it is the german date format. Will be an easy fix
(LoL now i understand the error log message - damn copy paste on try catch block :duh:)

@Henry
I don't see the problem right away but loading it will tell :D Will fix that today too

@levithanikos
Very strange thing - gdi error usually is something about memory streames but i could not reproduce it on my systems. I'll try another idea in todays release ... and i'll increase the debug info for screenshots
Did you ever try to do a screenshot when PEass is not running? Any info would help here

In 0.8.1 i plan i'll add an error reporting feature. Should make things a lot easier when something goes wrong to get all the info to me. Besides that i have to reduce coding a bit for the next 2 weeks - did not play for more than a week now and my girlfriend deserves more attention. So just error reporting and bugfixes for that timespan.

Next sprint starts 21.02.10 so next bigger release around the 8.3.10:duh:

I will try it ASAP and report

The tool atm works SO good i start to become addicted! ;)

0.8.0.4 is live

Ok and here we go with the next bugfix update :D

• Fixed all reported language specific problems (all files loaded in my tests)
  • Another shot at the screenshot component

Screenshots should work now (at least without Aero). Such a stupid bug if it is what i guess and have fixed now :D

(Build ID 0.8.0.40070)

Last edited:
Back