Status

Wynfairs

Provider
Society
Cryptic Order of Hermits
Wynfair Wyn Tradamere
Wow this is irritating:

Dear Support:

I logged in this evening to quite the suprize upon finding that my entire shop completely empty. No shelves, no pumpkins, no megascreen or other signs as well as none of the thousands of peds of resourses that I had for sale anywhere to be seen. Nothing was in my storage. Nothing is in my inventory. All of my stock, gone, and not a single sale message. The worst part seems to be that this happened on a Saturday, quite literally the bussiest day of the week. I have an ad running on the main screens promoting a shop, and people are showing up to find my place empty. I hope you can remedy whatever error that has occured to amend my situation as well as compensate me for the lost time that I have and am continuing to accrue due to the nature of my business being frozen for this indefinate period of time. Please respond as soon as possible so we can resolve this unfortunate matter.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanking you very much in advance, I am.

Wynfair Tradamere
Twin Peaks Mall
3rd Floor, Shop #2

2009-10-14 14:29 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Wynfair,

We apologize for the late reply and thank you for contacting us. Are you still encountering this issue? Do you still find your shop totally empty?

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

2009-11-27 18:39 You wrote:

Dear Support:

As of this time, my shop is not empty, however, ALL of my signs are not displaying my custom content logo. I paid someone to design a logo graphic for me, uploaded it to your servers, repaired several custom content signs and configured them to display it. Up until a few weeks ago, they worked fine. I was expecting that ongoing updates would have corrected this, along with the large view screens in the mall that display all text backwards. Unfortunately, this is not the case. My signs are malfunctioning drastically and i would appreciate you fixing them. People cannot see which shop is mine as easily as before and, quite frankly, it's embarrasing.

Regards,

Wyn

2009-11-27 21:10 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Wyn,

We are glad your items are back. Regarding the signs, could you give us the names of the signs that are not working and a brief description of what is going on with them?

We would like to send a complete report to our design team.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

2009-11-30 17:55 You wrote:

You dont find this a bit, tedious? If your responsible to send a report, then generate a report. Dont ask me to note the damn model number and make of every sign in my shop so you dont have to go look it up. I dont have time to log in and out and take note of every damn item you cant get to function properly. You presume that I get paid to resolve the failings of your system, when its you sending me a 2 minute response 3 hours after I send you my complaint. Do you job, figure out why none of my signs are working. I did my part. I put a shitload of money in your damn game as an investment. Frankly, Im offended.

Question is, are you always like that?

The issues seem to progress fairly smoothly until you explode because they request more info.... can't see how support is to blame, quite frankly.

have to agree with the others on this one... support may be dumb, but not THAT dumb ^^

Being rude won't get you anywhere.

Although the support staff I don't think are aware of everything, its a very very well known problem that the majority of the signs are faulty and they have been for a long time. I would expect signs to be fixed along with other furniture in the coming updated before xmas.

I have had the item disappear bug in my shop as well. "Support" responded after one week, asking me to relog...

This bug has been around since 10.0 but still every time you report it they act like its the first time they hear about it.

First line support sucks and there is no second or third line. They might as well not have any support at all and add the paychecks of the 1-2 support people to the lootpool.

So... support wants more info, and that is rude? :scratch2: or...?

:scratch2:
Why are you posting this?
Why should we care?
It's your problem..

Give them the damn information so they can deal with it effectively and perhaps help others with the same problem. To everyone who has a probelm or bug.... file detailed support cases and answer their questions... as detailed and professionally as possible... stop wasting time here... stay focused... It's no wonder we can't get these bugs fixed.

I can absolutely understand why Wyn is so upset.. I had several support cases about my shop and all the bugs too, spend lots of peds on the signs and make them work again after VU10 too and all support replys have been very discouraging.. and now the signs are whiped out again.. this is indeed very disappointing..on my report about empty shop I got the reply to try relogging.. and that was the best reply I got for any VU10 bugs I bothered to report. But now I stopped, didnt report the bugged signs at all because I know now its worthless.:(

But at least they want to investigate your issue! Give them the names of the signs and where you have them and hope for the best!

Last edited:
is the question aimed at MA support or all support desks in general? doesnt matter, the answer is the same: yes. and i've worked in support.

what you dont realise is the person the other end probably doesnt have access to the information about your displays. if they did, would they waste their time asking you for it? by asking you fro more information, they assess if its a general problem or a problem with say one shop, one sign, etc. Or they could just pass it on to the "design team" where a developer spends an hour or two double checking all your signs only to determine that you have a graphics glitch on your PC that means a couple don't show. support usually assumes users to be dumb, because an awfull lot are and its more effective to assume dumbness than assume intelligence. usually the way round is to think about what info they might need and try to supply it in the first call, in this case the name/location of the shop, the number/rough position of screens, confirm you've relogged, and had someone else check etc. saying "it doesn't work!!!" means you just start at the beginning of the process with a "have you turned it on and off again?" type responce.

all said though, the late of the responce is really poor, 13 days is awfull.

Last edited:
But now I stopped, didnt report the bugged signs at all because I know now its worthless.:(

Well then don't complain if they think it no longer a problem of yours... or a priority... Obviously it is a problem... they to want to fix it... it's not question of getting an immediate response... It's question of letting them know it is still not fixed... so they can look into something else to solve the problem... start being responsible and work with them in getting the problem solved ant letting know the current state... comming here and complaining means nothing or telling others that's it's worthless...

It's the height of something... to sit here for a year of thread after thread post after post of people whining about how MA dosen't communicate or listen to them and when they ask for specific real information... that can help fix problems... or directly improve the service... the same people act it's an imposition... or get pissed... or cop some attitude...

:duh::loco::banghead::umn:
:whiner:
:trout:

Last edited:
Funny thing is, support from MA is kinda like the old ELIZA program back in the 60's. Below is an online version. Type in something like: Why are my signs messed up? :D

http://www-ai.ijs.si/eliza/eliza.html

If you think carefully about how many are likely on the support staff, vs. how many players there, and how many support cases they send in, then you'll realize quickly why most get cut/paste responses and semi-slow responses.

And if you want them to increase their support staff dramatically, think how much MA would have to spend to make a meaningful dent in support response, and more importantly, where that money will come from.

Relax and bit when it comes to your support cases. It helps. Honest.

If you think carefully about how many are likely on the support staff, vs. how many players there, and how many support cases they send in, then you'll realize quickly why most get cut/paste responses and semi-slow responses.

And if you want them to increase their support staff dramatically, think how much MA would have to spend to make a meaningful dent in support response, and more importantly, where that money will come from.

That's the usual reasoning when it comes to support, that it just costs money. Fact is that customer satisfaction has a lot to do with support quality, and customer satisfaction is a good thing for most companies...

The way EU support works right now it just increases frustration. You never get a response from someone who knows something, the best you can achieve is getting your case "forwarded to the design team".

Millions of SEK has been spent on the first line support in Mexico and the new EU support & Operations company. And it's still crap. So yes, if this is all the support we can get for that money then shut support down and use money for something better. Or, spend some more and get satisfied customers. It might be worth it.

Still waiting for my day to come.

Funny thing is, support from MA is kinda like the old ELIZA program back in the 60's. Below is an online version. Type in something like: Why are my signs messed up?

http://www-ai.ijs.si/eliza/eliza.html

This is the most interesting part of this thread :)

I do think if support takes more than a month to respond to a ticket they need some more employees.

But Wynfairs your information needs to be more detailed from the start including which signs are not functioning if you want a more speedy response.

Well, some time ago, I have send support case about Credit Cards. Even, if responds were not instant (1-3 days), they were really helpful and solved my problem quite fast - about 5-7 days. That was just because I gave them all the info they need or might need and, of course, good attitude also helped :)

Come on dudes lol

If you think there is one programmer for each ped card, let me tell you you're wrong!
I'm not working for MA, but I assume that they are rather working on implementing mind force back, tp chips animations and sound, things much more profitable to the comunity than your personnal cares about your ped card, btw makes me laugh to read critics on MA while i experienced exactly the same kind of delay, stupid responses while i wanted to bring friends in your shops! :laugh:
giggles

i have to admit that support can be a bit, err, tough to handle, but here i don't seem much they did wrong

that items vanish from shops was known, i guess they were already onto that anyway

and if i read the dates right there, you let them wait for over a month before you answered them that your shop isnt empty and they answered you in 3(!) hours, which is amazingly fast (i had cases were i waited days for an answer)

although i can understand why you are upset

dude i realise that your kinda pissed off. but its all about programming. they might need more info. dude. seriously you didnt have to get all postal on them. now if they didnt help you out at all i would support you to the fullest, but clearly they did. and conteunuing to do so. they are not computers they are real people helping you. hopefully you dont do that in real life to some customer support rep he is liable to cold cock you. then again. some people remain professinal. so you should also.

OK, this one could be considered a bit out of topic but i don't think so much...

First, we are browsing EF which is a forum to get in touch with usefull informations of all kind. I don't see what information in this thread is very usefull to any visitor, seriously.
Second, I know we all frustrated about many things, and keep in mind that blaming MA, FPC or idk whoever, can be a try to report your (or our) frustration on something else than our own personnal issues.
Third, I find, how to say, mmmm *** imagine the word that would fit the best, taking support cases as hostages, throwing your mails and replies like some were throwing their gladiators in the arena.

==> A more friendly way to say the same thing would be to resume briefly your story and ask EF visitors what they think you could do, or try to find someone who experienced the same kind of issue than you, who could guide you for a better world! :guide:

But please, if you're pissed off, think twice before posting, don't you think like me that it's horrible to throw private mails in public as hostage?

I think hostages attitude should be fight like whining posts.

THE GOLDEN RULE - CLICK AND READ ME!

I say no more.

but meh.. this is like the 9255792752 thread about this, use search next time? and have a read at the golden rule ;)

and also worth mentioning that imho you are 100% to blame yourself here on how they have responded ;)

ya it may be repeating Mika, but everyone needs a reminder. gives us something to read.

Its Win/Win

they get our openion.
Even if it is be nice.

and we all become better community.

Question is, are you always like that?

The issues seem to progress fairly smoothly until you explode because they request more info.... can't see how support is to blame, quite frankly.

I agree, I think support is helpfull.

Just give the support the information they need.

Don't get rude, it's people doing their job and sometimes they screw up and allthough this can be frustrating but that's only human, but in your case I only see them being very helpfull and no reason for you to react like this.

If I where you I would give them the information they request and an apology for your outburst. This would probably get you things solved fastest.

PS: All my support cases in the past where processed in a very professional way. With cooperation from both sides they where solved in a timely manner.

That an unprofessional way to express ur dissatisfaction...

I have had two problems with bugs since I have started playing EU (including once when my A101 amp disappeared) and both have been solved courteously and within a week by support. Perhaps I am lucky?

The issues seem to progress fairly smoothly until you explode

ROFL man! You made my day with your support case, and shadowsong sayed as I see it too. I hope you get the items and signs working asap:) I read the cases, and the last one was the classic :D :D :D

Status
Back