Fishing: The complete system

At the same time, the Goot Tailoring refiner is renamed the Goot Bio refiner. :)

:rofl: Does that mean you can take a crap in your refiner when you got to go ?

Sorry couldn't help myself :)

Great idea John.

Could the rods be partly made from timber boards found in game ?
(Firn, bigwig, etc) as part of the combine.

This will allow for different grades of rods to be made for different profession levels offering larger decay with possibility of greater yields and to loot the harder fish to find with higher TT value.

Cooking the fish can add some attribute such as a HP mod
+10, 15, 20, 25 HP to the avatar depending on what fish was consumed for a period (eg. 1 hour online ... Or not, 1 hour RL time ?)

Consuming another cooked fish resets the counter back to 1 hour regardless of time left on previous consumption.

Omegaton Ovens & Friges are available in game:

After the catch you need to refrigerate the fish you catch before you can cook them on the stove ? (Considering RCE aspects of game)

^^ Apply a storeline element as to why frigeration first is necessary to neutralise toxins to make the fish edible.

UI window pops up like a refiner window to refrigerate and cook on those associated housing appliances, appropriate decay is applied to them.

No on the fly cooking and consuming - poisonous fish unrefrigerated :)

50% condition limit on rods, friges & ovens for them to work.
Or make them (L). Like all things in life, they break down - wear & tear.

^^ *hides* :D

Last edited:
Worms & Other Bait:

Can be picked up off the ground by newcomers just as fruit & stones are and traded.

Fresh bait requires refrigeration (refining) by your estate frige before use.

Appropriate decay is applied to the frige and biat is transformed into fishing bait ready to be applied to the fishing rod (Used from inventory like ME for Mindforce)

^^ Using platform mechanics/coding that is already in place.

Could the rods be partly made from timber boards found in game ?
(Firn, bigwig, etc) as part of the combine.

:duh: damnit! I knew there was something about my recipe that didn't look right when I was making it. I forgot the lumber. :mad:

Oh well. Today's (and future) fishing poles are not made with such bottom barrel materials anyway. :silly:

:duh: damnit! I knew there was something about my recipe that didn't look right when I was making it. I forgot the lumber. :mad:

Oh well. Today's (and future) fishing poles are not made with such bottom barrel materials anyway. :silly:

hehe true, though we don't have graphite ingame .. yet :)

What a fantastic idea, I hate fishing in RL but would do it in game :yay:

I love the idea of having more varied things to do especualy for newer players.

Bring on the fishies :yay:

Wow that would be awesome :)

Fishing would be really really wicked! i used to fish irl, i miss it, and i keep a rod in storage in the hope it happens.

I read the whole thread, I love this Idea and it seems everyone but 1 person didn't like it.

So since the community likes it and wants it then MA/FPC wont do it.

This system is well thought out and makes total sence using current ingame systems.

Cant wait for this to happen. I'm betting 2014 at the earliest if ever.

we got fish... just shooting them instead...I was hoping for actually catching the fish and being able to use them to regain health somehow

Fishing sounds like a great idea. I would have submitted the idea myself, but it appears to be an idea floating here for a long time.

The main thing not many individuals have mentioned is: how will it work. You click and cast and wait and click to retrieve? I have seen several different methods implemented in gaming.

Maybe when equipped with a rod, you can’t move(like other active items) then you can click where you want to “Try “ and cast. After the bar loads (like mining) you get a result.

Restrictions: you have to be on dry land to cast- this would help make the way out catches with a long cast fishing pole a bit more of a competition.

There is so much coastline/river/lakes

This might be a good sign:
I looted a fishing rod from a combibo at Swamp Camp while doing the quests.

In light of the announced Planet Calypso purchase by SEE, I decided a nice 1 year old necro-bump is in order.

(Yes, necros are discouraged, but in this case, I feel completely justified.)

In light of the announced Planet Calypso purchase by SEE, I decided a nice 1 year old necro-bump is in order.

reported for necroing .

j/k :laugh: crossing fingers for fishing, lumber, farming, etc.

Necroing was slightly unnecessary, I've incorporated part of this into my blog and it is asked about in the Official Q&A Thread.

This might be a good sign:
I looted a fishing rod from a combibo at Swamp Camp while doing the quests.

1 year later... ^_^

Fishing ? Beverages ? Food Packs ? Taming ? Robot factory ? Thorio Temple ? Vehicles of the 80s ? Huge mindforce update ? Aaahhhh the egg, build your own robot, work for other players in a factory, gigantic CND sports stadium (which would have to be renamed ofc), harvesting, meat extractor, hadesheim, argonaut-rituals, handgrenades, facial emotes, sit down, create towns, fix minopolis, love of detail, points of interest, feffoid traders, CE2totheMAX, etc. etc. etc. ???

I believe this to be a great idea, and I would most certainly participate.

:wtg:

+rep

Fishing by JC :)

Only because you necro'd so will I, I feel justified :D :tongue2:

Some of the things you catch might be a bit tough...

c_thulhu.jpg

1 year later... ^_^

Fishing ? Beverages ? Food Packs ? Taming ? Robot factory ? Thorio Temple ? Vehicles of the 80s ? Huge mindforce update ? Aaahhhh the egg, build your own robot, work for other players in a factory, gigantic CND sports stadium (which would have to be renamed ofc), harvesting, meat extractor, hadesheim, argonaut-rituals, handgrenades, facial emotes, sit down, create towns, fix minopolis, love of detail, points of interest, feffoid traders, CE2totheMAX, etc. etc. etc. ???

Damn right and I also got a rod since a long time now...but what for ?

Whatever... -_-

Only because you necro'd so will I, I feel justified :D :tongue2:

:laugh: Fair enough. Yeah, I've had (and shared) plenty of ideas for this Universe over the years, but this is one I think I am most proud of. It fits right within the current system/abilities with the minimal amount of adjustments. A common problem with many ideas given by some: Simply expecting too much flexibility in the way the game's coded.

McCormick, even though I sometimes have to do rude moderator things like move your threads and stuff, I do completely understand your feelings about their grand ideas left for dead, and instead removing parts of what we considered soul of this Universe. Maybe someday hopefully that trend will adjust and they can go back to improving & fixing things.

Back