Crystal Palace LIVE Auction thread

Status
thisis going to be an awesome few days !

dont forget to PM Mercury if you have a spare £2,500 + to invest. Going to be well worth it.

Subscribing :) would be interested to know where it finally ends with.

I really hope it doesn't get sold, 3-4% extra taxes and it will become virtually empty. You can count the numbers of players in each dome on the fingers of 1 hand allready. Hope the future buyer knows what he's doing, or I'm down to planet in no time.

weee 50k USD a bunch of money :laugh:

I really hope it doesn't get sold, 3-4% extra taxes and it will become virtually empty. You can count the numbers of players in each dome on the fingers of 1 hand allready. Hope the future buyer knows what he's doing, or I'm down to planet in no time.

I don't think that kind of tax is going to do much damage to the playerbase. This place is a haven for uber hofs and ATH's, and those that don't want to pay the small fee for that opportunity don't know what they're missing.

However, I would have to say, anything over 4% and I doubt I'll be there much...

Guess that all I need to do is raise another 590k PEDs or so. Maybe I'll try this "online poker" thing I've heard so much about.

I post here to claim my EFD reward for perfect bid timing :D!

thisis going to be an awesome few days !

dont forget to PM Mercury if you have a spare £2,500 + to invest. Going to be well worth it.

Spending that Christmas money, Matt? :)

And sometimes you have to play 'hardball'

yep...qetesh destroyed all our fun minken :p

Actually I think Qetesh is playing 'hardball' here and I'm thinking that when the price got over 200,000 PED, (20,000 USD) it became a serious issue

After all If I had the money to buy CP, I would be playing 'hardball as well.. None of thise nickel and dime bids..(of course I played hardball for a pair of jeans I wanted and they had a buyout.. yet the folks who were bidding were nickel and diming eachother to death.. so just like Qetesh, I did the logical choice.. I played hardball and bought the jeans outright..

And do I like them? Heck yes.. and I hope that if Qetesh gets the spacestation he thinks about the little guys who want to hunt there..

Believe me Qetesh is playing hardball

Ben Coyote a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

Wonder what the final bid will be. If i had the money id bid 1000000 PED on it.

I bet it goes for more then 1000000.

when the price got over 200,000 PED, (20,000 USD) it became a serious issue

I think you mean over 20k ped ;)

Those 0's are a nightmare on the auction

I'm surprised Quetesh put up cash so fast... usually serious bidders just hold out until the last day or the last few hours, when there is no BO.
I believe this is what the other "investors" will do also, IF there are any other serious bidders that is.

I'm surprised Quetesh put up cash so fast... usually serious bidders just hold out until the last day or the last few hours, when there is no BO.
I believe this is what the other "investors" will do also, IF there are any other serious bidders that is.

Maybe this was his test the waters bid to see how all the other bidders were operating.

No. he is not testing the water. He is serious. He is making a statement: I am prepared to fight u all out, hear me. :D So come prepared with a stash of PEDS, PERIOD.

No. he is not testing the water. He is serious. He is making a statement: I am prepared to fight u all out, hear me. :D So come prepared with a stash of PEDS, PERIOD.

...or he was drinking and hit one too many 0's. :laugh:

This sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

The thing about an auction going for this long with such a value, you just never know how much it will sell for and when the bidding will stop!

Commentary on the curent action so far:

Sunab Kal "1st! Ha!"

pajjazz kamala Azk "I want it"

Seth Zozma "I want it"

Minken Minken Forsberg "It's mine!"

pajjaz "says you"

Minken Minken Forsberg "I gots cash!"

Shogomad Shoti "I want it"

Minken Minken Forsberg "See? Lots of peds."

Quetesh "Children, you aren't even close. Step aside."

Last edited:
subscribing, we gotta at least break 1mil peds

we got the 500k bareer relativly fast
that shows that the bid war at the end will be for sure, IMO, over the 1M mark

we got the 500k bareer relativly fast
that shows that the bid war at the end will be for sure, IMO, over the 1M mark

My personal guess is somewhere between 1 and 3 million :)

We shall see :wtg:

According to latest calculations I have seen/made, 3.5% tax on the current average loot per day (in globals and HoFs, according to ET) from Aurli and Kreltin would give 710kPED/year...

My personal guess is somewhere between 1 and 3 million :)

We shall see :wtg:

According to latest calculations I have seen/made, 3.5% tax on the current average loot per day (in globals and HoFs, according to ET) from Aurli and Kreltin would give 710kPED/year...

+ the rest of the loot that isnt global or hof... yup thats quite the figure. So 3 million dollar or peds?

Ok guys, if ya all give me 500001PED I will outbid Quetesh just to mess with him a little and then give it back when someone bids more ;) rofl

+ the rest of the loot that isnt global or hof... yup thats quite the figure. So 3 million dollar or peds?

yeah, plus those...

1-3 million PED :D

but this calculation only makes sense if you assume that there will be an equivalent hunting activity after 3.5% taxes are applied, compared with a non-taxed scenario.

so, the question is how much will the activity decrease after taxes? let's say it goes down to 60%. that would make the return ~400k/year, so if the bid goes up to 3 Mped, you would make your investment back in around 7 years.

but this calculation only makes sense if you assume that there will be an equivalent hunting activity after 3.5% taxes are applied, compared with a non-taxed scenario.

so, the question is how much will the activity decrease after taxes? let's say it goes down to 60%. that would make the return ~400k/year, so if the bid goes up to 3 Mped, you would make your investment back in around 7 years.

nope because you also have the average loot (no globals an minis) witch are @ 50 % of the return. So with 3 min PED u get your investment back in 3-4 years. But considering new planets, it still adds up to those 6-7 years. 1 mil PED would be a reasonable price

yep...qetesh destroyed all our fun minken :p

It was fun as long as it lasted :D

Commentary on the curent action so far:

Sunab Kal "1st! Ha!"

pajjazz kamala Azk "I want it"

Seth Zozma "I want it"

Minken Minken Forsberg "It's mine!"

pajjaz "says you"

Minken Minken Forsberg "I gots cash!"

Shogomad Shoti "I want it"

Minken Minken Forsberg "See? Lot's of peds."

Quetesh "Children, you aren't even close. Step aside."

:laugh:

Actually, I was bid #3, with 10k PED. Then I bid 10001 PED, and 10002 ped. And 11000 PED. And 11111 PED. Kamala took the 11112, and I bid 20k and had some fun with shoti around 20k'ish. Then Quetesh arrived and said that we all are children :laugh:

Don't forget that the auction fees turned a lot of people off also. The only reason activity did not drop because of that is SGA. It's harder to stay up there now if you don't have a big bankroll, as you have to tt a lot of stuff you normally wouldn't, and then there's the stuff you can't just tt.

I'd say with the combination of tax, auction fees and new planets, activity will definitely go down.

I'd say with the combination of tax, auction fees and new planets, activity will definitely go down.

I dunno if activity will decrease that much because of a little tax? I have never been there so... :silly2:

Besides, with new planets coming we will maybe see some Calypso players leaving, but the future also brings new players in, and some of them will probably go there as well... some of them never having been ingame while there was no tax, and therefore not caring as much about it ;)

Reactions: Wed
Status
Back