There's A Tier In My Beer

Status

Skippie

Slayer
Society
Soldier of Fortune
Darth Skippie Boobie
first of all this is not a whine thread. after 24 hours or so of the new enhancement system being in place, i've semi organized my thoughts about it, and rather than have a discussion in some in game pm every time i log in, i'll foster it here.

i've played eu for four years now. i've played on every level in game. i started out as a simple hides and paints trader in atlantis. i shot an opalo and a very unskilled Maddox IV dante. i toyed around with L. i moved into mid level uber gear (ala i2870, angel, adj fap). i owned a major in game estate. and now days i kick around with a MM and Mod Fap with maxed skills and the best armor and amps available in game. so if there's a level in game, i've been there. i'd like to share some thoughts.

one, the tier system is an awesome improvement to eu. hats off to the folks at mind ark that thought it up and the players that suggested it over and over. is it for me or something i'm going to use on a regular basis? no not really. will i ever use it? possibly but atm it looks rather doubtful. but does it benefit me? heck yea it does. i dont feel this is the best implementation of enhancements that was possible, but as its been said you go to war with the army you got not the one you want. this enhancement system is the one we got, so get used to it.

this system largely looks to be about L. i have had a religion for a long time that causes me to never use L but rather to farm it in loot and sell it to ppl that do. believe me, this is the way to win entropia. and with every extra bit of markup inserted into the loots (and this new tier system is all about that for me), i stand to profit easier and on a greater level than ever before. so just as i have rarely used rutuba, i love seeing it added to the game. just as i doubt i will ever use enhancements on a regular basis, i'm all for anything that ppl will spend money on to compete with me in a dome. if you want to pay me to come compete with me, i'm thrilled. by all means, bring it on.

the unlimited tier system is bogus for 99% of unlimited gear owners. atm, for me, its like saying "Do you wanna buy a 20k usd bullet and shove that in a 20 chamber gun and point that straight at your dick?" sure there's a 19/20 chance that i will not shoot my dick off. but man, i'd miss my dick. and for what? to add an enhancer to increase my crit ability? my crit ability is 10/10. so the further i look at this tier system, i solidify my original thoughts two weeks ago that this is not for me. not only is it not for me, if i want to enhance my MM, i can trade up to a MM sga and get more range at no additional daily cost and no pointing dangerous items at my dick. if i want to enhance my Mod Fap, i could do so by attempting to trade up to a Mod Fap sga. it is simply not worth a 20-40k usd risk to attempt to upgrade my items. if i want to really increase my damage or lower my armor expense, i team. teaming is the way to win entropia, as well.

but the constraints of the unlimited tier system are not just crazy to a MM owner. when i owned a Maddox IV it was 25-50% of my in game net worth. would i buy a second on and risk it to improve my Maddox IV today in the same in game position? heck no. and no player in that position will. however, a player in my position may take this slight and limited risk and profit off a player unable to or unwilling to take that risk. and the unlimited tier system will be used and will largely benefit the richer of the player base in that way.

so great, as i look at it, i largely feel the tier system is for low to mid level players that wish to pay some phantom random decaying thing and a lot of market value to compete with me and players on my level. tiering out an apis to get more dps at an additional cost is not the answer, imo, but if ppl want to do that and come try to compete, fine by me.

so like anything else added to loots in the last few years, the tier system will wash out the same. players that loot and sell these items will profit. players that use these items will pay those players to do so. and equal parts of both will still hit their 20k atrox on a daily basis.

smart players will make the correct decisions and will profit from this change. players unable to adapt to the new system will fade away. and the reckless abandon that sometimes accompanies change in eu will steer a new group of players that failed to make the correct decisions to sellouts and whine threads. and for now, that's all i gotta say about it.

you noobs enjoy your vu. :)

over and out,

Darth Skippie Boobie

So right, all the huge (and heavily discussed) changes brought us new opportunities. The same applies to change.

Good post :wise:

Oh look at me, I'm the biggest uber of you all and you can't do anything to reach me! :laugh:

Sorry had to, apart from the "attitude" of your post, this is exactly how I feel about the enhancements.

Dems sem purdy smarrrt words fer somebuddy 'n Carrrroliiina. :)

Good post Skippie!

So right, all the huge (and heavily discussed) changes brought us new opportunities. The same applies to change.

there is positive opportunity available here on a daily basis and has been this way every day i've played entropia for four years.

there is also negative opportunity available in generous helpings.

both will be seized and success stories and tremendous losers will be born anew. and thus is the thing this silly little rce is made of.

This post was actually very insightful and well written. It has helped me understand a little bit more of "your world" Skippie, so I thank you.
(must spread rep.....blah blah blah)

..... i've played on every level in game. i started out as a simple hides and paints trader in atlantis.....

do you remember when I used to sell dung to you ?? :)

sorry for off-topic, hail to the darkside :ahh:

Oh look at me, I'm the biggest uber of you all and you can't do anything to reach me! :laugh:

Sorry had to, apart from the "attitude" of your post, this is exactly how I feel about the enhancements.

yes, nebu, i am aware that i possess a particular attitude and that it is not always favorable to the rest of the community. hopefully this serves to set me apart from everybody else in some special way.

however if i was dutch we might become male lovers. i am happy that we see the tier system similarly.

i in no way wish to project that i am teh uberest. an uber i truly respect told me once "I am the action. Without me there is little to strive against." certainly, we all play that role whether its hitting your Aurli hof standing beside you or pwning some noobs at the rig and picking up free oil. without action in this system there is nothing to play for. i rather enjoy being the action.

do you remember when I used to sell dung to you ?? :)

sorry for off-topic, hail to the darkside :ahh:

indeed, solo. and the first time i met a member of cK, i sold him some dung. perhaps it was yours.

hail to the darkside.

AMEN brother! Finally, a well thought and well written post about the new change. I agree with the OP and his take on the new system. Before anyone really understood it, the masses were quick to bash the change. I'm sure over time things will get a lot better in regards to the tier system, and we'll all be better for it. Give it time.

I'm optimistic about the change and look forward to paying around with upgrading.

Simple, just drop shit loads more of uber UL stuff and problem solved for every one, no? :D

totally agree. in the long run the Tier system will benefit everyone, if you are willing to adjust.

Its a shame ill never up-tier my gun.... but I do suspect it wouldnt be worth it even if I did.

Whens taming back :scratch2:

Simple, just drop shit loads more of uber UL stuff and problem solved for every one, no? :D

You miss the point being made. Those with effective UL items, at this moment in time, do not require use of the tier system. There is no problem to solve in their circumstance.

yes, nebu, i am aware that i possess a particular attitude and that it is not always favorable to the rest of the community. hopefully this serves to set me apart from everybody else in some special way.

however if i was dutch we might become male lovers. i am happy that we see the tier system similarly.

i in no way wish to project that i am teh uberest. an uber i truly respect told me once "I am the action. Without me there is little to strive against." certainly, we all play that role whether its hitting your Aurli hof standing beside you or pwning some noobs at the rig and picking up free oil. without action in this system there is nothing to play for. i rather enjoy being the action.

indeed, solo. and the first time i met a member of cK, i sold him some dung. perhaps it was yours.

hail to the darkside.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :lolup:

an uber i truly respect told me once "I am the action. Without me there is little to strive against."

That sure sounds like Star.

As for me, I haven't been on all levels, but I have seen EU from different "perspectives". The rig...the rig... It ain't what it used to be. Not sure if it ever was free oil, but I don't hang around nearly as much as I used to. My goals and aims have changed throughout the time in EU, although I'm not sure if for the better. I could talk a lot more about it, but it's pretty off topic for this thread. We should chat a bit some time :silly2:
I know my post sounds like I'm high, but so does yours, and I can assure you I'm not.

PS.: Even if you were dutch, I doubt it would work out between us, seeing as I'm not dutch. But hey, who knows.

unless TGA is announced January 1st, i am not hopeful your plan will render the solution you feel is viable.

That sure sounds like Star.

actually, no, it was not.

You miss the point being made. Those with effective UL items, at this moment in time, do not require use of the tier system. There is no problem to solve in their circumstance.

Tier 0.9 is the new shoes.

hunters with the skills to use uber armors and eco gear are still winning the game. miners with skills to use uber finders and owners of unlimited ore amps, same. crafters now have a new method to extract profit from the base got enhancements for xmas.

those who make use of the tier system and other L gears at some % to compete with those who do not will continue to pay more for that daily right to do so, thus continuing a cycle of paying others to play eu.

as they said at bartles and james, thanks for your continued support.

A little modesty Skippie doesn't hurt to anyone.

You are not that good as you think you are ;)

dejavu to the post from pm :D, did you cut and paste? well except for the part about shooting your dick off....

hail to the darkside.

lol he is not dutch you noob he is a german how many times he have to tell that he is german ?:D

and btw this tier system just been a waste of time from the dev's
could spend there time at better things to give the game some more content

... this system largely looks to be about L. i have had a religion for a long time that causes me to never use L but rather to farm it in loot and sell it to ppl that do. believe me, this is the way to win entropia. and with every extra bit of markup inserted into the loots (and this new tier system is all about that for me), i stand to profit easier and on a greater level than ever before. so just as i have rarely used rutuba, i love seeing it added to the game. just as i doubt i will ever use enhancements on a regular basis, i'm all for anything that ppl will spend money on to compete with me in a dome. if you want to pay me to come compete with me, i'm thrilled. by all means, bring it on.
smart players will make the correct decisions and will profit from this change. players unable to adapt to the new system will fade away. and the reckless abandon that sometimes accompanies change in eu will steer a new group of players that failed to make the correct decisions to sellouts and whine threads. and for now, that's all i gotta say about it.

you're not wrong. but this highlights for me the underlying problem: those that want the *game* element suffer from those that want the *profit* element. i could be eco but its duuullll for me. i want to *play* not work, if i put that time into somthing other than EU i'd probably have a valuable second income. i dont mind small loses, dont expect to profit (though theres always the attempt to try, i like a gamble). how much longer until all the gamers are driven off, and then who buys the high markup items?

you're not wrong. but this highlights for me the underlying problem: those that want the *game* element suffer from those that want the *profit* element. i could be eco but its duuullll for me. i want to *play* not work, if i put that time into somthing other than EU i'd probably have a valuable second income. i dont mind small loses, dont expect to profit (though theres always the attempt to try, i like a gamble). how much longer until all the gamers are driven off, and then who buys the high markup items?

actually i couldn't agree more with the concept that there is not one true way to play eu, for every player. infact, there are many different acceptable paths. and none is wrong or right if the player going down those roads is a happy participant in the platform.

the slippery slope for those that dont wanna spend major money however, is paying for this junk and then complaining that its mind ark's fault they lost alot of money. i could sight 100 different threads on that but i wont bother. you all know them.

Interesting post. I also think the new tiering system is good for the playerbase. It introduces change, which smart players must adapt to in order to survive.

However, I see this system as a sort of "rebalancing" of uber gear. From the initial investigation into how enhancers work, it looks like a 5% improvement over existing stats when an enhancer is added. So, it brings (L) items into a closer parity in eco, damage, and range to "uber" items which people won't risk tiering (this is all assuming the enhancers are not too costly to use).

While MA says it will never change item stats, they can and do change mob stats (eg. high regen). This means that they could potentially give mobs 5% more HP, but not adjust the loot from them. This means that if you don't use enhancers, you're losing more PED than before.

It's too early to tell what will come of the changes, but these are definitely interesting times.

so great, as i look at it, i largely feel the tier system is for low to mid level players that wish to pay some phantom random decaying thing and a lot of market value to compete with me and players on my level. tiering out an apis to get more dps at an additional cost is not the answer, imo, but if ppl want to do that and come try to compete, fine by me.

I guess for the specific case the apis, it's the weapon amp that is the major difference. If you have a dante since before, for instance. Apis with dante=fun, apis without amp=pointless, apis with bulltac 70=insane.

I only speak for myself, but I realized long time ago I will never be able to compete with people with old uber gear or mid-level players with good repairable SIB equipement. (My best repairable armor is ghost. My best repairable FAP is 2600/2500 DLX. My best repairable weapon is maddox+beast and my plasma rifle. I've tried slightly better (L) armor for spiders, and realized that HL12(L) which I looted was enough for spider old but wasn't enough to fight regen of providers successfully.) Right now I mainly hunt in the vain hope to loot something fun before SGA ends. I'm even ambivalent if I should do any serious effort during "mayhem".

As for the enhancers sure they can add to the fun, but practically it will probably be awkward if you're using the tier system to use a maxed apis, considered it probably only will last for say 20-40 peds of ammo before it breaks and when it breaks you have to move another one to your "ajusted apis" button and move the amp, if you really go for this and have enhancers for all 10 slots.

My guess is that the tier system mainly will be used to fill the lower end slots, out of convenience. GIven though that those chips will have a decent cost and availiblity - since it can break at any time you probably want a few chips stacked to the gun.) My guess is that the times you will need bigger firepower the main option for most of us will be to simly team up, as before.

due to the "bug" i will now reserve any further comment about the tiering system till we see how it works after it is "fixed."

if anyone felt i was ranting or being condesending i apologize. cheers.

Status
Back