FYI: Clarification given about Merry Mayhem rules by MA

CycoKick

Marauder
Society
Exiles Hideout
Cyco Kick Maniac
I just reread the rules for this year, And they adde a Q&A section which is stating

Q: Is it the killshot that counts for the points or does the person with morst dmg and thus the loot get the points?
A: It is the one that performs the loot action that gets the point. For individuals, it is the one that makes the most damage and then clicks to loot. For teams, it is the one that clicks to loot.

Am i stupid or does this mean that the looter does not have to do damage as long as the desginated person loots the creatures but doesnt even have to do any damage?

Support cases goes as follows.

History for support case 176969

2009-12-19 00:23 You wrote:

Hi support

just reread the rules for this years mayhem,and this caught my eye.

Quote:
Q: Is it the killshot that counts for the points or does the person with morst dmg and thus the loot get the points?
A: It is the one that performs the loot action that gets the point. For individuals, it is the one that makes the most damage and then clicks to loot. For teams, it is the one that clicks to loot.

Can you please clarify once more for me. If you are in a ingame team by using team option, and loot a mob that the team killed u get the points fot looting it. EVEN if u dont damage that mob?

Kind regards

Adriaan Metzelaa

2009-12-21 09:08 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Adriaan,
Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, this is correct: the person who loots the creature is the one getting the points, not the one killing the mob. Please, do not hesitate to come back to us if you have further questions about Merry Mayhem.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

2009-12-21 11:01 You wrote:

Let me please point out to you though that now there is no need for categories within merry mayhem anymore.

1 cat three player can team up with 11 cat 4 players and win without even doing any damage himself. just beeinga straw pupper for the cat 4's. Im sure there is a wife or girlfriend avatar of a cat four player that would suit those purposes just fine.

This is outreagous. And if this is not changed to a more decent solution the whole of merry mayhem isnt worth anything to anybody anymore.

So please I beg you, change it to that if you want to compete that you can only team up with people from your same category else you are disqualified. In the current way it is much to easy for cat 4 players to take cat 3 prizes through a loop hole. And you know it!!!

Ive been around or almost 6 years depos 5 figures numbers and I am ok with almost anything and love the game. But this would just go to far, and truly kill something ivebeen looking forward to al year long.

Kind regards,

adriaan
History for support case 176969

2009-12-19 00:23 You wrote:

Hi support

just reread the rules for this years mayhem,and this caught my eye.

Quote:

Can you please clarify once more for me. If you are in a ingame team by using team option, and loot a mob that the team killed u get the points fot looting it. EVEN if u dont damage that mob?

Kind regards

Adriaan Metzelaa

2009-12-21 09:08 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Adriaan,
Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, this is correct: the person who loots the creature is the one getting the points, not the one killing the mob. Please, do not hesitate to come back to us if you have further questions about Merry Mayhem.
Kind regards,

2009-12-21 11:01 You wrote:

Let me please point out to you though that now there is no need for categories within merry mayhem anymore.

1 cat three player can team up with 11 cat 4 players and win without even doing any damage himself. just beeinga straw pupper for the cat 4's. Im sure there is a wife or girlfriend avatar of a cat four player that would suit those purposes just fine.

This is outreagous. And if this is not changed to a more decent solution the whole of merry mayhem isnt worth anything to anybody anymore.

So please I beg you, change it to that if you want to compete that you can only team up with people from your same category else you are disqualified. In the current way it is much to easy for cat 4 players to take cat 3 prizes through a loop hole. And you know it!!!

Ive been around or almost 6 years depos 5 figures numbers and I am ok with almost anything and love the game. But this would just go to far, and truly kill something ivebeen looking forward to al year long.

Kind regards,

adriaan

2009-12-23 10:29 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Adriaan,

Thank you for reporting this and we are sorry to hear that you are displeased with the rules set for Merry Mayhem. Please rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded to the Event organizers but, unfortunately, the rules can not be changes at this stage.

We wish you Happy Holidays and we thank you for your participation in Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,

2009-12-23 19:09 You wrote:

Well last year mobs got a last minute change and so did the rules.

If its not changed alot of people will be upset, great costumer management on top of recent screw ups.

Congratulations on officialy destroying the ONLY good event FPC sofar has.

WHY THE HELL are there even catergories if u can help in other cats?

Its a definately a gave away to higher skilled players now.

And could I please have the name of whoever is responsible for organizing events for FPC?

Kind regards,

A very upset and angry long term costumer.

Updated support cases.

Last edited:
Yep, thats how it reads to me. So get a team, bunch of ubers on it, have them do your kills, loot the mob, you win.

edit
so then it is not a hunting contest for the lower categories, it is a contest about which low/mid player has the right friends.

Any ubers wanna kill feffs for me to loot?

Wow that's fucking imba!

i think you read it correctly. well, at least its on a formal team footing now, rather than people having to pay for a team of softeners.

i really dont care if theres only one designated person in the team, this is life. this way more people might be able to be contenders as anyone able to afford to hire (ie no need to pay people). this actually levels the field i believe.

may the best team win.

Send a support case asking for clarification

i think you read it correctly. well, at least its on a formal team footing now, rather than people having to pay for a tam of softeners.

i really dont care if theres only one designated person in the team, this is life. this way more people might be able to be contenders as anyone able to afford to hire (ie no need to pay people). this actually levels the field i believe.

may the best team win.

Well no, because now U can have a person who is cat three that loots with ubers that do the real damage. He doesnt even need to do a little damage so bye bye strat.

This gives uber players a chance to win the lower cat prizes by using a dummy as looter.

Well no, because now U can have a person who is cat three that loots with ubers that do the real damage. He doesnt even need to do a little damage so bye bye strat.

This gives uber players a chance to win the lower cat prizes by using a dummy as looter.

Yup, sounds like MA. Seriously, has anything they've done or said in the last few weeks sounded like LOGIC?? :rolleyes:

so it looks like teams can hunt as normal and share the loot as per dmg or whatever they decide as long as the designated MM contender gets to actually loot the mob.

So the main person participating can be apart of a team, now?

]
I always thought they where ;)

Jamhot

Nope, Last time you couldnt be teamed, only have a support team which did damage, looter still had to do most damage to loot the mob and get the points.

Now star, yoda and all+lvl70's could get a lvl 50 to loot the mobs they kill and get the LA like that in the cat three. While also running a large team in cat 2, and 4.. Which I find bullshit.

That is taking the competetive edge away from the competition..

need to know only a few hours left for me to chip out so i can make it to lvl 3 :)

need to know only a few hours left for me to chip out so i can make it to lvl 3 :)

Yeah same, need to know if ittl make sense to even compete.

:eek::eek: I didnt realise this at all :eek::eek:

So solo players are really out this year ...

SHIT :(

:eek::eek: I didnt realise this at all :eek::eek:

So solo players are really out this year ...

SHIT :(

Interesting ... I was doubting to join or not, I guess this makes sure I don't.
Thanks for saving me 30 hours of quality time with my kids ;)

Now star, yoda and all+lvl70's could get a lvl 50 to loot the mobs they kill and get the LA like that in the cat three. While also running a large team in cat 2, and 4.. Which I find bullshit.

where as before they could only chip out to that level to do so. honestly, this opens it up. get a group to go hunting with and anyone in tier 1-3 has a fairly even chance now. before you had to pay a group of mercenaries ammo and decay (i did this last year). now you get you soc together and nominate a looter for the duration and more or less team hunt as normal. you now have near same chance (not exactly the same, indeed you might have better) as Star and his hypothetical lvl69 helper, your team of high dps L is near enough the same as the team of MM/Foes etc. the only advantage the ubers have these days is HP and thats not a factor here.

where as before they could only chip out to that level to do so. honestly, this opens it up. get a group to go hunting with and anyone in tier 1-3 has a fairly even chance now. before you had to pay a group of mercenaries ammo and decay (i did this last year). now you get you soc together and nominate a looter for the duration and more or less team hunt as normal. you now have near same chance (not exactly the same, indeed you might have better) as Star and his hypothetical lvl69 helper, your team of high dps L is near enough the same as the team of MM/Foes etc. the only advantage the ubers have these days is HP and thats not a factor here.

love it... now if only i had an active soc :(

Dude, you are so off.

last year u could do it with your soc and people u trusted/mercs in that sense. But atleast the player competing would need to hunt! Do damage and by teamwork it determined how many mobs u could predam and kill.
Even if start helped in cat 3 he could only predam so much, with a team of apis predamagers u could win..

Now the whole cat thing doesnt make sense anymore.
Atleast make it that you are not allowed to team up with person outside of your catergory, and if you do this instantly disquailifies you.

Then teams of cat 3 players compete in cat 3. and cat4 in cat4. Then its fine.

Also, I hope FPC will realise that this will have big consequences for the spawns.
Last year feff spawn was allready getting seriously thin at times, and then it was mostly solo players + a couple limited team hunting.
Imagine what it will be with 10 12 pax teams or more hunting there? All killing max speed, no need to care about anything, just blast away.
This will be mayhem for sure and i'm really curious if the spawns will be able to handle this :eek:

please change this MA before the start, you still have time. Don't mess this up, with a bullshit rule! :mad:

Sorry Ari but that's nonsense.

It means that a top soc team can theoretically win the top spot in all 4 categories.

Say AoW won the Tier 4 like they did last year with Neo Sharp as shooter. Now only Sharp has to log off after their scheduled hours. The rest of the team can go and spend a few more hours mowing down Itumas with another person looting.

And for this type of hunting, the guys with the big expensive guns are going to do a lot more damage than, for example, a Skillin' Villains team could.

Remember you can only have 12 in your team too. Do you honestly think you'd have as much chance being teamed up with 11 SVs as you would with 11 AoW?

This is a stupid rule, and I bet it's wrong, as usual.

Sorry Ari but that's nonsense.

It means that a top soc team can theoretically win the top spot in all 4 categories.

Say AoW won the Tier 4 like they did last year with Neo Sharp as shooter. Now only Sharp has to log off after their scheduled hours. The rest of the team can go and spend a few more hours mowing down Itumas with another person looting.

And for this type of hunting, the guys with the big expensive guns are going to do a lot more damage than, for example, a Skillin' Villains team could.

Remember you can only have 12 in your team too. Do you honestly think you'd have as much chance being teamed up with 11 SVs as you would with 11 AoW?

This is a stupid rule, and I bet it's wrong, as usual.

And every of the 12 could have a predamage team also as the one from the team only has to do 51% of damage so that the predetermind looter only has to run around and loot dead corps as fast as possible - mayhem on the spanw....

Last edited:
my lvl is below I will loot mobs dmg stack share? and then divide up the event prize evenly between myself and all team members :) drop me a PM any ubbers out there interested,

Wow, this method seems ripe for abuse and certainly makes me scratch my head at the lvl restrictions given that you don't need to use proff rank one bit to just loot.:scratch2:

Ah well, should still be a good run at the land areas for top socs. I look forward to hearing how this goes, but will likely not participate.:D

Mybe I should hire an OJ and win the Corns category, shouldn't be too hard when I can take down Corn Stalkers in 3-4 shots.

I hired 2xMMs and an imkII to win cat 1, 2, 3 and to win I dont even have to shoot a single shot, god bless MA

Last edited:
I literally LoL'd @ the crazy zillions of ammo worth 8 pec, the ridiculous tiering, and now this fuckin' rule. :laugh: :handjob:

I hope this doesn't put a damper on too many people's plans to participate in Merry Mayhem; but I know for a fact, that it will. :(

Try to have fun out there and remember at the end of the day .. it's still just a game.

So, if you think the rules are crazy stupid and/or not fair, just look at it this way. You have just been granted an extra 30 hours to spend with your family during the holidays. (ya know .. the family who doesn't redistribute your loot, screw-up your play, and change the rules mid-game. ;) )

Have a happy Holiday season :grouphug:

Hmm i whas aiming on realy make a go for this , but if this is how it will be played im sure not botherd making an effort with team or no team :rolleyes:

I literally LoL'd @ the crazy zillions of ammo worth 8 pec, the ridiculous tiering, and now this fuckin' rule. :laugh: :handjob:

I hope this doesn't put a damper on too many people's plans to participate in Merry Mayhem; but I know for a fact, that it will. :(

Try to have fun out there and remember at the end of the day .. it's still just a game.

So, if you think the rules are crazy stupid and/or not fair, just look at it this way. You have just been granted an extra 30 hours to spend with your family during the holidays. (ya know .. the family who doesn't redistribute your loot, screw-up your play, and change the rules mid-game. ;) )

Have a happy Holiday season :grouphug:

Yeah Ill have another 30 hours i can use for chipping out starting a new forum called www.MAfuckedup.com

Back