FYI: Taming: the waiting...

Status
553 days without taming! :whip:

553 days without taming! :whip:
I'd suggest you folks send in some support tickets... will be forwarded to other departments, we all know... but at least it's asking... so someone has to read it...

In the past they bought out the personal revives when they were determined that they unbalanced the system... in the past, supposedly shopkeepers were handed out to booth owners at Hadeshiem in 2008 for some reason related to booth bugs (bugs which had been going on for a lot less time then all of this has been going on from what I understand?)...

In theory they made a few million from the sell of FPC to SEE... and hired a lot of new programmers... Minimum suggestion I've made in support tickets so far is one new pet deed to every avatar that has any taming skills or a whip for each day past January 1, 2011 until the new taming system is back in game... However, since some of you paid so much for those skills in the past, one deed for everyone with taming skills or a whip for each of those 553+ days would be much nicer... or maybe you can think up better compensation for services that we "paid" for that is not being delivered?

I'd suggest you folks send in some support tickets... will be forwarded to other departments, we all know... but at least it's asking... so someone has to read it...

In the past they bought out the personal revives when they were determined that they unbalanced the system... in the past, supposedly shopkeepers were handed out to booth owners at Hadeshiem in 2008 for some reason related to booth bugs (bugs which had been going on for a lot less time then all of this has been going on from what I understand?)...

In theory they made a few million from the sell of FPC to SEE... and hired a lot of new programmers... Minimum suggestion I've made in support tickets so far is one new pet deed to every avatar that has any taming skills or a whip for each day past January 1, 2011 until the new taming system is back in game... However, since some of you paid so much for those skills in the past, one deed for everyone with taming skills or a whip for each of those 553+ days would be much nicer... or maybe you can think up better compensation for services that we "paid" for that is not being delivered?

In theory.... I'm an angel... and you aren't a MA shill... in theory...

you think small....

i wanna tame and mount other avatars :cowboy:

Why have squishy people when you can have GIANT ROBOTS!?

Warlock Mount go! :tongue2:

Anyway about taming...

I had a snablesnot pet once. I felt special.

They better hurry with this patch :cussing:

you know what your bloody right, if this was anything else and i was denied the use of something i had paid for i would be up in arms, so up in arms i shall be.

ok thru the use of time i sent a support in and will post the "cut n pasted" reply once i get one

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To who this may concern

I would like to know on behalf of all pet tamers what is going on with our skills? I am at lvl 53 pet tamer and haven't had the use of my skills for over 1.5 years and to me this is not acceptable anymore and some kind of compensation should be dealt out.

It cost a lot of money to skill to the levels some people have skilled to in anticipation of the next stage in pet taming which has been spoken of for 5 years and still it isn't here.

No chance of globals or hofs while skilling just the vision that one day it would all be worth while and the time and money spent would pay off.

Through no fault of our own we have skills that cost a lot that we can do nothing with because you continuously led us to believe taming was coming again and again and again.

How do you think this enthuses anyone to invest and skill in professions if they can just go missing and be talked up for years and never delivered?

Either let us know the progress with no bullshit or cancel taming all together and compensate those players who invested in the dream you perpetuated.

either way have some respect for the people who play your game and enjoy it.

I don't think this is much to ask.

regards
Butch Carisbrook, disillusioned tamer

p.s i shall be posting your reply on your forums just as i have posted this support text, people should be informed, maybe they to will get a little angrier also

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

their reply:

(Feb 25, 2011 8:49 PM GMT) Hi,
Thank you for your inquiry. The information we have so far is that all systems that are not yet back in the game will be implemented before the end of this year. Some of them are taking time since we wish to improve the systems before we let them back.
We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
Kind regards,
Leslie | Planet Calypso Support

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reply back:

Feb 26, 2011 1:34 AM GMT Conclusion Rejected

You misunderstood, i no longer have patience and understanding and i'm sick of being told "it will be back by ????".

Your reply isn't good enough, get somebody to answer who can actually answer the question, here it is again briefly.

Your are a company and i pay a substantial amount to use your service and you have taken away something i have paid for and cost me quite a lot and have not given any compensation whatsoever.

You should be treating us with more respect and offering us some kind of compensation as it has been 1.5 years and now you say by the end of the year so it will be 2 or more years without the use of something i have paid a stack of money for.

You are compensating every hangar owner even though at most 10 actually flew people anywhere as a service yet tamers who spent 1000's of dollars also are left out to dry, not good enough by a long shot.

Please do not use a cut n paste answer again as a reply, actually get off your chair and speak to someone higher up.

regards
Butch Carisbrook - pet tamer apparently.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply in 2nd March 2011

Hi,

Unfortunately we can not reveal any information about future content here. All systems have potential for development and we always welcome any feedback you might have to make this a more enjoyable experience.
Since I have given you all the available information about this subject there is nothing more the support department can help you with. I instead suggest that you send in an official complaint to MindArk

Please do so at:

MindArk PE AB
Jarntorget 8
SE 413 04 Gothenburg
SWEDEN

Your letter will be forwarded to the right person and he or she will personally review it.
Kind regards,
Leslie | Planet Calypso Support

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reply on 2nd March 2011

Write a letter? You should explain to Mindark there is a new thing out called the internet, it's on computers, it's very clever and you can send emails that get to a person so fast it's like the future.

i sent this using a computer and the internet, it's like I'm a future pioneer.

regards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

below was a question asked after i had replied to see if i was satisfied with the outcome.

I chose the thumbs down icon and wrote

"I'm your customer, you are Mindarks customer you should get off your arse and find out the issues not tell me i have to do it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i suggest writing letters to that address, i most certainly will, pretty poor effort that the company i pay to play can't get off their arse and find out info or at least put our issues forward to MA for us about compensation.

I know some will say waste of time but it all starts with the first footstep if you are serious then spend 10 minutes to write a complaint and mail it off.

regards Butch

cheers
Butch

p.s once i have written the letter i will post it here so people can cut , paste and print if that makes things happen quicker and easier.

Last edited:
Great stuff :wise:, loking forward to read the ansver:boxer:

im pretty sure short time before taming comes back neverdie is buying some whips
take that as announcement :scratch2::bomb::cussing:

nice what u wrote man!

Butch, excellent initiative, and a well written reply.

I absolutely think there should be clear compensation for all tamers who invested in skills, gear etc and so far nothing.

The hangar owners who have not skilled at all, and basically just put money in are getting paid out well for no good reason.

We have made a good faith gesture (albeit I will grant there was a certain amount of risk involved) to commit our time and resources to the profession that MA then unilaterally removed from the game for 2 years.

At the very minimum it is such a breach of good faith and slap in the face to a segment of their old player base, if we take it farther it is negligence and violation of implied contract with the player base.

MA has recently shown that it can make grown up and fair decisions (fixing the RT mission bug).

I think it would go a long way if MA and SDS make a good will MEANINGFUL gesture to compensate the taming community and issue a clear apology and timeline.

They have a chance to ride the "take the high road" wave and regain at least a little of the trust of the community here.

I hope they read this, take notice and act like a real company with real customers, as opposed to a delusional bunch of amateurs they have been acting as for years.

574 days without taming! :whip:

I do wish I comes soon too!

:scratch2:

MA... When will Tamers be compensated for their time and losses due to the removeal of our beloved proffession ???

This silence from backend pisses me sooo off !!!!

:whip:

Miggo

Do we need to start whipping the representatives who come visit us from time to time in PA and Twins? Somewhere we've got to channel our whipping needs. It is building up....

Ah, the waiting :silly2:

MA... When will Tamers be compensated for their time and losses due to the removeal of our beloved proffession ???

Miggo

Amen brother!

Class Action Law suit would prolly work. I'm glad I never saw no sense in taming. However, you do have a legitimate loss here so far as I can see, sue for loss of $ and time invested. It's BS how tamers have been treated, and shop owners and booth owners, and just all round peoples come to think of it.

Man i miss taming, i used to skill mad. Goblin+2c and then getting 10 snabbles on me and then taming them all. Good times, having 10 snabbles side by side all tamed. I hope MA is working on something.

Looking what has happened with the introduction of vehicles and what they have done with the look and feel of entropia Ben I think taming has the possibilities to be the next big evolution of entropia and I for one carnt wait. Hurry up MA and let's get whipping.

Mants

Miggo

Ma, when i get a compensation about no make up?... i bought a shop to have a Make up shop, i invest a lot time in making my customers happy, and since vu10 i still wait to get make up back.
Also i really miss taming, beacons, hangars, mentoring!
And evryone of my customers wish make up back too! This are a lot ppl, then i had a lot customers. I made around 1-3 customer mask per week, some times 5 mask. Thats a lot cash i miss!!!

Miggobar bought a shop to have a Taming Shop, he also invest a lot in this! I just hope we get soon back our buiz.
:poke:

Here my picture album with a lot customer mask : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=6650

Last edited:
587 days without taming! :whip:

And still MA adds more crap we don't want and Ignores the stuff that we do..... :mad:

594 days without taming! :whip:

600 days without taming! :whip:

600 days without taming! :whip:

Wow, 600 days! There had better be 600 days of kick ass coding to make what we are waiting for worth while!

610 days without taming! :whip:

I can't believe it has been nearly 2 years!

622 days without taming! :whip:

They are a bit behind. When they went to test the taming they could not find any daikiba.
Its the only one they set up for taming. Now they have to start all over.

Status
Back