Petition for "No Teaming" Rule in Mayhem

jaywalker

Stalker
Society
-TAO-
Juniper Jaywalker Jones
EDIT: we have had a response from Marco on this issue. For details, please go to page 15 of this thread, or see the following thread
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/merry-mayhem/174712-no-teaming-can-done.html

EDIT 2 : Many thanks to all who supported this petition, but will people please stop adding their names, now
The situation is this:

It was never meant to be a team event, but MA didn't have the tools to stop people teaming. This caused problems in 2009, because that (previously little-known)fact suddenly became well-known

We failed to get them to make a no-teaming rule for last year (reason given by them was they couldn't enforce that rule) but they assure us that it will be fixed for 2010.

Thus this petition is now redundant

jay :)

Please add your ava name below

For those who don't know what the fuss is about, please see Cycokick's thread here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...n-given-about-merry-mayhem-rules-mindark.html

Briefly:

We, the undersigned beg MA/FPC to add a "No Teaming" rule to the Merry Mayhem rules for this and subsequent years. We have no objection to "Support teams" but the Mayhem participant should not be allowed to be a member of his/her support team, nor any other team.

We believe that this rule is needed to preserve the character of Mayhem, as this rule was previously assumed to apply, by all participants, and strategies were devised accordingly. Without such a rule, the competition would no longer be suitable for individual players and would become a "Team only " Event. Not only this, but (as CycoKick has explained) it would be too easy for high-skilled players to win all the prizes by enlisting the help of lower-skilled participants.

Respectfully,

Juniper Jaywalker Jones
Oleg Oleg McMullery
zina zina razvan
Fox FM superb
Eric AARDMAN Halfabee
Kydde Fide Fascia
cyco kick maniac *
MaryJane Jugs Pendragon
Vincentino Vincent Galbarda
Mr.Droops Rob (10th sig)
Marcus Corrie Aurelius
Lina tora Luned
Barry Tayonas Marshall
Marcus Kaine Kaine
Deadly Gogo Yubari
Dante Ghost Bleach
Austro Aus Lusitano
Anthony Ant Ballentine
Leonardo Naifas Anaconda
Tommygun Ze-Tomb Raider (20)
Kenpachi Mika Zaraki
Tomas T79x Hope
Az Lammbock Bloodz
Crazy Leroy Bacon
Joseph Cronenwerth
Florence Kyleen Cyrus
dasouth Genious dasouth
daniel danny laville
Wedlylaw Wed Beetherbell (30)
Nicholai Nickstar Fraser
Shiro Fopsie Kitsune
Sunab Kal Naverith
Dragon Dark Moon
Pirx Dan Danford
Balder Viking Vikingsson
Sakalu Conte Linxu
Giuliano adm Noooo
Eman Gimme Jakubisko
Tom Archy Bald (40)
Tyler StygMa Durden
Skytle Dblood Dryke
Jakob JackFree Freelancer
Gandalf GandalfSzary Szary
Zyloc Zyloc Mist
Michael Lif3bring3r Johnson
Mega MegaVolt Volt
DurakkJung
Ursae Furia Minoris
John G-rant Smith (50)
Tarrak Tar Daltor
pupuliukas pupa uoga
ren wotan hoek
Leaf Arwen Elfwood
Shogomad Shoti 1st
mik miky oban
bLa bLa Goutty oWn
katielicious kat mallow
Argh Argh non Ral
Showtek aKa Syntaxtc(60)
Smartiez Smartiez mms
Filip f3f18 Andersson
Faye Ranpha Natsumi
Einstein Brainie Brain
George Ace Skywalker
Joe Mr-Joey Force
Warvar Mortal Wild
david nazbrat mc
Lockly Percival Duvall
Wizzina Wizz Palemoon(70)
saracutzu greceanu zidul
Siobhan Siam Ameno
Nicholas Laser Ash
Cyrus Julius Comnenus
Ronnus Grootus Destructus
mike Futurama anderson
Dexer Coult Hard
Jesus jdegre de Gregorio
Dan Richard Baker
Una cyberflo Albino(80)
Jennifer Jenny ferr
Dessy Dessy Valnor
Laisa Coop Cooper
Predator Illatoriach Strongarm
Electic Dutchy Power
Leonie Leo Dieterich
Lyta Fury Trevor-Hall
Brad Numbers Herald
Blower Needs JoePilar
GenX000 Caveman Tycoon (90)
Ranger Sheryo Fenriz
Arokh Arokh Cindar
Andrew Macca MacDonald
Rick Quick Silver
Xavier Jr Riquelme
birty casara numb
Linden The Chosen Avery
Lex Tim Luthor
Solcar Pricey Lazroc
joris jojo pogn (100 signatures)
J- Lugzan M-
Paulo Manique Santos
Jack Combo Nikis
Danielle YourMom DeathBringer
Mit Timbo Witters
Thomas Kahr Krestovnikoff
Tony Sam Taler
Adrian Adi Martis
Nysser xentric Hithsage
The TrAsHmAn Cometh (110)
Teke Styles Enshu
Stanley Miles Stardust
Brother flapje Rick
Thor CBR 1971
Alexander Buck Wyld
Alice in Wonderland
Frick AACB Frick
Veronica accesible Bosch
Alex Jeffe Sailor
Gabrial Aziphirael Stone(120)
Sharpedge chucky Aeon
dean deano james
thorion thorpie baylon
Jim EwoK Morris
Ezhik EZhDK Vonberg
hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
Bheema Sena Pandava
Poseidon Thor Artic
Irdeta WoenK Hocren
garci bogus more(130)
James Anzak Arden
Kryss Cat Wanweird
Billy Clansman Braveheart

(*"Would like to add that if u do teaming do it withing your cat only...")

Last edited:
Oleg Oleg McMullery signing up.

Too late now though I fear.

Put me down.

Too late though.
All of the prizes will go to avatars designated by ubersocs.

It will be like last land grab but with permanent LAs instead of just for 6 months.

Shame :(

cyco kick maniac.

Would like to add that if u do teaming do it withing your cat only...

Wont the result be the same anyways? Im new to MM still...

But wasn't last year all won by ubers? And it was because they still had teams... Ive already talked to a few people with setup teams... the idea of just forming together and letting one person loot wont change the cost or the team setup... just makes it easier I guess for them to function....

Wont the result be the same anyways? Im new to MM still...

But wasn't last year all won by ubers? And it was because they still had teams... Ive already talked to a few people with setup teams... the idea of just forming together and letting one person loot wont change the cost or the team setup... just makes it easier I guess for them to function....

No it wasn't all won by ubers. That is a myth. eg a socmate of mine won a prize in cat 1, without uber skills (which would have diqualified him anyway) and with no support besides occasional fapping and running. Also, I hear that the first prize in Cat 3 was won by an ava who only just qualified for cat 3, despite fierce competition from ppl who chipped down to cat 3. This will no longer be possible, if whole teams of ubers are allowed to compete, with just a dummy to do the looting.

I take it you are not adding your name?

jay

Add me MaryJane Jugs Pendragon

this should be a completely solo event, if they want to allow teams, that should be a seperate catagory!

Mr.Droops Rob

Marcus Corrie Aurelius

no teams please MA, support only.

Barry Tayonas Marshall

Also Id like to see it being a true solo event with no support. ie: You have to do like 90% damage, like I said in the other thread. I dunno if Im looking to make an excuse to play 16hrs a day again or not. The randomness of SGA and the knowing Im outskilled in others just doesnt seem right. Why introduce categories to have them circumvented?

No it wasn't all won by ubers. That is a myth. eg a socmate of mine won a prize in cat 1, without uber skills (which would have diqualified him anyway) and with no support besides occasional fapping and running. Also, I hear that the first prize in Cat 3 was won by an ava who only just qualified for cat 3, despite fierce competition from ppl who chipped down to cat 3. This will no longer be possible, if whole teams of ubers are allowed to compete, with just a dummy to do the looting.

jay

MM has no effect on me, if you want Ill sign the petition I dont care either way... Since my opinion IMO doesn't matter to much on the subject, since you can tell I dont possibly understand the full consequences of the new rules :D. As long as the bulk of EU community is happy Im generally happy :p.

Those who enlist more help or spend more faster generally have odds stacked in their favour... by even allowing support teams you alienate many solo players chances...

Allowing a player to be in his support team and allowing him to simply loot the target is somewhat lame... but then... whats the difference if 1 player has a huge support team or a few ubers? Support or no support, those with it will have better odds... having "stronger" support will of course have better odds... but then each team will always have different size and strength of support...

Dante Ghost Bleach

There you go, I think the teaming sucks! :rolleyes:

Austro Aus Lusitano

imo there should be no teams or support of any kind. every man for himself!

this way everyone would have the same chance as the next guy of wining in his/her category.

it would only depende on skills and tools used, making the event a truely Hunter oriented yearly happening, which i thought was the inicial idea...:scratch2:

Strongly agreed!!! I think it should be solo only with the exception of possible team categories!!

P.S. Though I will be part of a support team for a member of my soc! :yay::yay:

That is one of the reasons i won't take part of the event this year...

put my name in.

Leonardo Naifas Anaconda

Tommygun Ze-Tomb Raider.

I'll keep my threads open in hope they are used as support.

Kenpachi Mika Zaraki

you got my name ;)

probably abit to late to so gues its find someone, cling onto them and abuse them :p not sure if I will participate since teams are allowed I atleast stand no chance :p so not so tempting to just shoot peds out the window like that hehe

jay

Thought someone from cK (Andie or sth) won cat3 with major cK support oO

Anyways I am signing too.

Crazy Leroy Bacon Signing on
Hope this gets settled...

Florence Kyleen Cyrus

voting for fair play.

Grats on screwing up another event... TY MA

Back