Guardian
Dominant
Alpha
Old Alpha
Prowler
Stalker

Loots Vu 10.6

Last edited by a moderator:
For those interested in hunting these, the hp does not scale up much between old and alpha, but the damage does. Old is around 1khp, alpha 1200. I can't imagine hunting Alphas in anything less than angel+5b unless you have some uber evade - they would hit me 50% of the time @ evader 43, for 10-40

The also attack fast (26 attacks /min).

Damage type I think is Impact.

Did a few tests.

5D armour plates took no damage. This rules out stab, cut, pen, cold, acid

valiant took no damage. Thsi rules out Burn.

5A, 6B, and goblin all took damage.

HI. where can I find this mob?:confused:

razortoothalpha.jpg

Here's an alpha i bumped into.
Aside from the usual ammo's, hides, wools, oil residues etc, it drops animal adrenal oil, pancreas oil, adv target assessment units, burgandy paint, and quite alot of socket IV components.
Got Martial feet (F,L) from one today
Haven't really gotten anything special or out of the ordinary yet though :(

Last edited:

Loots include cb19(L) :p and esi :)

So what are the known locations for these things?:scratch2:

South west of PA towards shores of old SGA Longtooth spawn is where I killed a few, srry no co-ords:D

[br]Click to enlarge[/br][/i

Last edited:
From the hunts i've been doing this seems to be a pretty disappointing mob. The item loots are lacklustre and globalling is a mission in itself.

One would think with the lowish spawn and relative difficulty of this mob, some nice things would be found, but no, just the usual crappy cb19 and martial parts.

Add martial gloves to the list.

From the hunts i've been doing this seems to be a pretty disappointing mob. The item loots are lacklustre and globalling is a mission in itself.

One would think with the lowish spawn and relative difficulty of this mob, some nice things would be found, but no, just the usual crappy cb19 and martial parts.

Add martial gloves to the list.

It's the tsktsk of the sea! :yay: annoying as hell, rubbish spawn, and in the middle of nowhere.

Now we just have to wait for the random(N) to come in and take the big loot.

It's the tsktsk of the sea! :yay: annoying as hell, rubbish spawn, and in the middle of nowhere.

I tried them yesterday for the first time, and my major complaint was that in the one location I found them, I couldn't see a damn thing, it's way too dark under the water.

Spawn area...

I tried them yesterday for the first time, and my major complaint was that in the one location I found them, I couldn't see a damn thing, it's way too dark under the water.

In the water west and south-west from Cape Corinth, close to the Islands are they mixed with Ripper Snapper (low density) and not so big maturity... I was killed there from a Razortooth Old and they give not just Impact dmg!!!:wtg:

Why I can wait to run in one of them.

I team hunted one earlier, and they are pretty difficult. They're a fairly stupid mob to bank on. Too many PED's wasted, too little return on them. You should just spend your time hunting Atroxes, hoping for a profit.

I've never fought TskTsk's, so I cannot relate, but these do remind me a lot of Faucervix. Fast mobs, random spawns, and crappy loots.

By The Way: Does anyone think the general shape of this fish looks like the eMINE Helmets?

lol yea I second that. they look alike helmet... at first i saw it by the beach at far distance. i say oh aint that someone drop loot. so i come over and start notice on radar. huh aint that loot or mob??.... oh it razortooth.. but man they are tough.. it not worth to do it solo... but loot... i dunno...

It is also called the broken scipulor 3d model.

These are listed to do electric damage which I highly doubt.. thunderbird has high cut and electric yet the mob hit me for 80 in it so something isnt right. entropedia said guardians would hit for 20, got hit for 80.

These are listed to do electric damage which I highly doubt.. thunderbird has high cut and electric yet the mob hit me for 80 in it so something isnt right. entropedia said guardians would hit for 20, got hit for 80.

Yeahh, I tried huntimg 'em in T-bird. same reason, got hit for 80, same. Tried Martial too, out of curiosity, and Polaris with 5b (loadsa cut) Couldn't see any damned difference whichever armour I wore (though my plates did decay a bit, if i remember right)

I suspect they do "Generic damage" (MA forgot to assign the type :laugh:)

jay :)

Damage type I think is Impact.

Did a few tests.

5D armour plates took no damage. This rules out stab, cut, pen, cold, acid

valiant took no damage. Thsi rules out Burn.

5A, 6B, and goblin all took damage.

Nice bit of research :)

Joking aside, I was thinking the same (due to damage to 5b plates) , but then Martial should have given me significantly more protection than the other armours. Unless they only do a little bit of impact, plus a lot of something else. Or I was just plain unlucky, and took bigger hits when wearing Martial.

Couldn't research it much cos I just don't have the HP/ fapping skills to take the kind of hits I was getting and survive for long :(

I wish those who've hunted em successfully would say what armour they wearing

i wore rutuba, many 1.0 dmg hits :)

Nice bit of research :)

Joking aside, I was thinking the same (due to damage to 5b plates) , but then Martial should have given me significantly more protection than the other armours. Unless they only do a little bit of impact, plus a lot of something else. Or I was just plain unlucky, and took bigger hits when wearing Martial.

Couldn't research it much cos I just don't have the HP/ fapping skills to take the kind of hits I was getting and survive for long :(

I wish those who've hunted em successfully would say what armour they wearing

i wore rutuba, many 1.0 dmg hits :)

Well it's very likely then they do Impact and Electric damage. Perhaps 50/50 dunno. More testing is needed.

I didn't continue testing. They were just too hard for my noob armours ;)

Edit:
One thing is for sure they do a lot of damge whatever type it is. Which is why I think it doesn't seem to make a difference which armour you wear.

If rutuba is good against them then it confirms my guess they do impact. Not sure how we can test for electric damage, since everything that protects against electric also includes impact. What we can see is to what extent electric and impact armour platings make a difference...

Last edited:
If rutuba is good against them then it confirms my guess they do impact. Not sure how we can test for electric damage, since everything that protects against electric also includes impact. What we can see is to what extent electric and impact armour platings make a difference...

100% Electric is easy to test using Viking, since Viking protects against everything except Electric. Electric mixed with someone else is tougher to confirm. I guess I'd start by doing a decay test on unplated Ghost.

Polaris may be useful too. If your Impact/Electric theory is correct then Polaris won't decay.

These had a makeover in 10.8 :)

Where is that Imm? More red dots there than I've seen before with the new fishies. And are they all Razors?

100% Electric is easy to test using Viking, since Viking protects against everything except Electric. Electric mixed with someone else is tougher to confirm. I guess I'd start by doing a decay test on unplated Ghost.

Polaris may be useful too. If your Impact/Electric theory is correct then Polaris won't decay.

polaris not necessary to do as 5D plates took no damage.

I don't have a viking set, except for feet ....suppose i could go in there with viking feet but then I'd have to tell the fishies , "ouch.. that's not my feet your biting" :eek: :laugh:

Where is that Imm? More red dots there than I've seen before with the new fishies. And are they all Razors?

There is a red lake NW volcano. That particular lake had a few razor guards, mostly rippers though. Oh yeah, random lakes now have fishes, like calypsocod OA :)

Been hunting these a bit recently, finally took the time to do a damage test.

Whilst hunting in Ghost+5B witnessed the following hits:

Young: 9.4-49.1
Mature: 11.3-52.9
Old: 13.1-57.6

Decay test on a 21.2dmg hit from an old caused 1.439 pec decay on the Ghost which is 19.0 damage absorbed. That's all of Ghost's impact protection and nothing else (Ghost has something of all damage types, so everything else is ruled out).

From the hit tests, bearing in mind some of the bigger hits were on decayed armour at the end of a hunt:

Young does 40-80 Impact.
Mature does 42-84 Impact.
Old does 44-88 Impact.

If someone tells me where the Stalkers are found I'll do a decay test on them to check there's no extra damage type appearing in the higher maturities.

Nice work Jimmy, that explains why they are so difficult to protect against.

If someone tells me where the Stalkers are found I'll do a decay test on them to check there's no extra damage type appearing in the higher maturities.

Don't know about Stalkers, but I've seen Dominant/Alpha in the bay by that outpost west of PA that I forget the name of (Anok Sellims or Nus Lull I think, I always get those two mixed up).

Nice work Jimmy, that explains why they are so difficult to protect against.

Don't know about Stalkers, but I've seen Dominant/Alpha in the bay by that outpost west of PA that I forget the name of (Anok Sellims or Nus Lull I think, I always get those two mixed up).

Not seen a prowler or stalker, but guard-OA can be found SW COrinth on my fishmap. Strange mob, hp between old-OA is 900-1300. Prepare to die :p

Status
Back