Question: Anyone tiered up an opallo yet?

fox moulder

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Steve steve Langarner
surely someone must have tiered up an opallo, please post some pics and info of the stats if you have added enhancers.

Update... What is the highest tiered opallo?

(pic or it didn't happen ;) )

thanks

Last edited:
Enhancers work the same on all weapons. Anyone who spends 100ped upgrading an opalo is out of their mind.

what??? 100 ped to up tier an opallo? anyone got a screenshot of the ingredients needed?

Enhancers work the same on all weapons. Anyone who spends 100ped upgrading an opalo is out of their mind.

That might depend upon how much someone uses an opalo.

I've probably spent about 9,000 hours hunting with an opalo.

Hugs,
Aliana

I have some at .9 now but cost to much to tier, maybe in time prices will settle down. If not I see ubers complain tiers are for noobs and mid level players as it is hard to acquire or willingly use 2 uber items to tier. Well cut out the noobs as it is to expensive for them to tier an opalo I guess this new system was for the mid level players only.

That might depend upon how much someone uses an opalo.

I've probably spent about 9,000 hours hunting with an opalo.

Hugs,
Aliana

Ah of course, I do forget these things. I should have stated that if the goal of upgrading the weapon in the context of increasing power-to-ped output, then there are alternatives available that outshines the opalos performance.

I have some at .9 now but cost to much to tier, maybe in time prices will settle down. If not I see ubers complain tiers are for noobs and mid level players as it is hard to acquire or willingly use 2 uber items to tier. Well cut out the noobs as it is to expensive for them to tier an opalo I guess this new system was for the mid level players only.

I'm still a noob when it comes to mining, I'm certainly nowhere near "midlevel", so anything that enhances my crappy equipment at a lower cost to me than chipping or skilling manually is a certainly a boon.

Some fool just did, I saw the discovery. I forget who.

What's wrong with opening the tiers up on an opalo?

Sure it's a little pricey right now but opalos are fun.

I guess you guys forgot how much fun you can have with friends and opalos. Once I collect enough tier components and blazers I'll do my sga opalo and never regret it.

I'm proud of the people opening some tiers regardless of what weapon it is, getting the system moving and hopefully items used for opening tiers will drop a little in price.

Lots of people aren't rich that play EU and can still have loads of fun, in many of the posts and in many threads that I have read I think people forget that.

There's nothing wrong with it, but if you spend money on upgrading an Opalo when you could just buy a better gun, you are an idiot.

There's nothing wrong with it, but if you spend money on upgrading an Opalo when you could just buy a better gun, you are an idiot.

it's an opalo, it's the classic, everyone has used one no matter who they are, that's why.

it's an opalo, it's the classic, everyone has used one no matter who they are, that's why.

All those people paid 3.8 PED for it.

If you want to pay another 100-200 on top of that, be my guest.

All those people paid 3.8 PED for it.

If you want to pay another 100-200 on top of that, be my guest.

It's not that bad if you take the time to loot the items needed.

It's not that bad if you take the time to loot the items needed.

If the alternative to upgrading is to throw those items away, you are correct.

I'm still a noob when it comes to mining, I'm certainly nowhere near "midlevel", so anything that enhances my crappy equipment at a lower cost to me than chipping or skilling manually is a certainly a boon.

At what cost to you is the question, that was my point. Any Noob with an opalo would love for it to be better but +100 ped per tier? I say this because you never mentioned what gear you use mining. TT crap, tiering are you nucking futs?
But L stuff tiering on its own and you just adding enhansers cool if the price is right i can see benifit there.

My previous post was meant for UL top gear stuff not L noob anyone stuff.

Sure it's a little pricey right now but opalos are fun.

I guess you guys forgot how much fun you can have with friends and opalos. Once I collect enough tier components and blazers I'll do my sga opalo and never regret it.

I'm proud of the people opening some tiers regardless of what weapon it is, getting the system moving and hopefully items used for opening tiers will drop a little in price.

Lots of people aren't rich that play EU and can still have loads of fun, in many of the posts and in many threads that I have read I think people forget that.
I agree with you 100% Alric, damn come back ;)

Oleg you don't know what the tiers can do yet HOW can you say this???

None of us know yet what a tier 10 Opalo is capable of!!!

Any Noob with an opalo would love for it to be better but +100 ped per tier?

It's +100 for the first tier. The next ones will probably require more, and knowing MA, I wouldn't be surprised if it increased geometrically... :rolleyes:

None of us know yet what a tier 10 Opalo is capable of!!!

Actually, I fully agree with Oleg here. The way it looks with the current enhancers, it is safe to assume the future doesn't look too bright for low-end weapons. We know the tier 1 enhancers give 5% increase in damage. If I remember correctly, that figure also applies to the range enhancer.

So there are two possible scenarios: the tier 2 enhancers increase damage by 10%, tier 3 by 15%, and so on, or the tier 2 enhancers increase damage by 6%, tier 3 by 7%, and so on.

Either way, if you go full damage for all ten tiers you'll have either:
  • +275% damage on case 1, which knowing MA is the most unlikely situation, which impressive as it might seem only brings the opalo's damage to a whooping 15.0-30.0 which is still laughable considering the sheer size of the investment required.
  • +95% damage on case 2, the most likely scenario which would bring the damage on the opalo to a whooping 7.8-15.6, which is still laughable considering the sheer size of the investment required.

And none of that is taking into account the price of the enhancers themselves, which undoubtedly won't be cheap.

Also, if I remember correctly, range enhancers also improve by the same ammount. Skill mod enhancers (either the accuracy one which just improves CHA or the skill mod itself which improves both HA and CHA) are absolutely useless for opalo. The only thing which could possibly make it seem remotely worth it, would be speed enhancers and eco enhancers which don't yet exist, and neither do we know if they ever will.

Last edited:
My point is it is super eco ya we all know but low damage :( . What if all the enhancers fix that? Super eco low ammo burn high damage, excellent range on top of? Were not talking a gun to take down Dasp for sure but a nice eco trox gun I can see :)

My point is it is super eco ya we all know but low damage :( . What if all the enhancers fix that? Super eco low ammo burn high damage, excellent range on top of? Were not talking a gun to take down Dasp for sure but a nice eco trox gun I can see :)

It won't have high damage. See the calculations above on my post. Even the most optimistic scenario still makes it a very foolish investment, compared to just buying a tier 0 low-end SIB weapon...

The price on enhancers alone will also kill the eco aspect of the opalo, without question.

Last edited:
I'm quite shocked people think opalo is in any way 'eco'. What information exactly are they basing this idea on? It never was eco, it never had good damage per pec, it's low dps meant fap and armor decay are higher than other weapons. What's this big secret that seems to have eluded me?

At what cost to you is the question, that was my point. Any Noob with an opalo would love for it to be better but +100 ped per tier? I say this because you never mentioned what gear you use mining. TT crap, tiering are you nucking futs?
But L stuff tiering on its own and you just adding enhansers cool if the price is right i can see benifit there.

My previous post was meant for UL top gear stuff not L noob anyone stuff.

My comment was intended for unlimited stuff, i.e. of-105, matterfinders, drillers, excavators, faps. I can use of-105, as can anyone with very low mining skills. But I won't be able to use vrx3k, or even vrx2k without some heavy investment in skills. (6k ped to max vrx2k, 27kped to max vrx3k). I am fairly certain a tier10 of-105 pimped up to the beyon outstrips either of these any day of the week.

On top of that, I'm fairly certain it's damn near impossible to even buy these skills, there just isn't enough for sale at any given time.

But I can tier up an of-105 anyday of the week if I like. I'm not held to ransom by the availability of skills, if I have the peds and want to spend them right now.

I'm quite shocked people think opalo is in any way 'eco'. What information exactly are they basing this idea on? It never was eco, it never had good damage per pec, it's low dps meant fap and armor decay are higher than other weapons. What's this big secret that seems to have eluded me?

Indeed, this is a common misconception. The Opalo is one of the least eco guns in the game.

Most people seem to think that playing cheap is the same as playing eco. It is not.

And, while I don't know yet what capabilities a Tier 10 Opalo will have, I find it very difficult to believe that it will be more eco after the cost of enhancers is taken into account. Tests done on the damage enhancers already indicate that ammo consumption and decay are increased proportionally so that the base damage/pec remains the same. That means that, unless you get the enhancers for free, damage/pec can only go down by using enhancers.

opallo is eco comes from

1 having an a101 amp on it - nearly always makes your weapon more eco(imp2k is the only exception i think).

2 not paying makeup on it (it's a TT item),makup reduces the eco of better dam/pec L weapons significantly

3 it has sib so you can max it out (that's why its better than say a jester or other non sib weapons.)

so the base eco may not be great the 3 factors above do help to make it a reasonably eco hunting weapon.

with a damage increase enhancment hopfully you can get a damage level where a bigger amp can be used and the the amp represents fully 1 half the mas dam making it more eco.

ps some one who can be bothered could put together the figures so you can prov it empirically, like the TT v TT+% effect.

Reactions: Wed
opallo is eco comes from

1 having an a101 amp on it - nearly always makes your weapon more eco(imp2k is the only exception i think).

2 not paying makeup on it (it's a TT item),makup reduces the eco of better dam/pec L weapons significantly

3 it has sib so you can max it out (that's why its better than say a jester or other non sib weapons.)

Think u mean markup and not makeup :laugh:

Tag your Hey

Opallo is a good tagger on regen mobs. I would mibbe up the range if it wasn't so expensive.

What I don't get is the fact you need 2 items to upgrade 1! - Does this mean I need to 'borrow' an HL6 to tier my own?...gotta be a bug surely.

But when you are low on PEDs, hunting 2 hours with an unamped Opalo costs only the 50 PEDs of ammo, the weapon does not decay and their is no bad surprise on the bill after the hunt. Also you can't burn much with it, compared to your biggest weapon.

You know what would be a better implementation of time? Hunting with a weapon for 10minutes that spends the same amount as opalo does in 2hours, then spending the other 1hr 50minutes taking a mathematics class.

yeah, well sometimes you are prepared to puy to be first or will tested. And when the markups goes down it will not cost that much.

Back