Question: General loot pre/post - tier/VU10?

Is the loot getting worse post VU10/Tier introduction?

• Total voters

eggkranium

Dominant
Nestor
Hello fellow Calypsians,

I never ever wrote a "bohoo-loot-sucks-thread", and I don´t intend to. Ever.

Just about a year ago I took a break from EU, dont ask me why, just did it.
At that time 10-15 globals/day wasn´t that hard to achieve (only describing my experience, EU is dynamic ;)), and now I came back the same day cryengine 2 was released.

Now I´m having trouble getting 3 globals in a day, even though I´m depositing more now, hunting all sorts of mobs with all sorts of weapons/armor combos.

From daikiba young with TT knife to atrox/feff with p5, furor/fresq with LR53 to falx with ML35ME. And all this with the best armor combo to the specific mob, sometimes naked + adjusted fap to make it even more eco.

But after VU10, the loot seems to be elsewhere, and after tier was introduced, loot seems to be non-existent for me, I go out with 400ped ammo, after repair and all I go ~50-70% - on my hunts, almost every time. NEVER +... EVER.

The only thing that seems to work is teamhunting.
That seems to work the other way around, ~50-70% + instead.
And now you ask, "SO? dont solo hunt then idiot"...

But come on, solo hunting is so fun!, you dont have to care about anything or anyone, just you, your gun and some ugly mobs..

So therefore im posting a little poll:

Is loot worse after VU10 and/or the introduction of the Tier system?

I know people are HoFing and ATH´ing as usual, but I´m talking average loot returns now...

Please, vote what you think about your situation, and elaborate and flame and discuss!

Regards,

Nestor

loot is the same overall, but I think the tiering process promises to improve loot a little...

even if the components turn into tt food, they are replacing things that were TT food anyway, and the new system needs so many blue things that they're bound to remain in demand for a while...

even if the components turn into tt food, they are replacing things that were TT food anyway, and the new system needs so many blue things that they're bound to remain in demand for a while...

You have a point there, but still...

I´ve talked to a lot of people in-game, and many of them are experiencing the same thing as me.. but I guess the poll will sum it up pretty good in the end.

Nestor

I do feel the same, its alot harder now to get a few globals

For me loot was bad before Tier but seems to improved some after, dynamic...;)

/Arwen

Hello fellow Calypsians,

I never ever wrote a "bohoo-loot-sucks-thread", and I don´t intend to. Ever.

Just about a year ago I took a break from EU, dont ask me why, just did it.
At that time 10-15 globals/day wasn´t that hard to achieve (only describing my experience, EU is dynamic ;)), and now I came back the same day cryengine 2 was released.

Now I´m having trouble getting 3 globals in a day, even though I´m depositing more now, hunting all sorts of mobs with all sorts of weapons/armor combos.

From daikiba young with TT knife to atrox/feff with p5, furor/fresq with LR53 to falx with ML35ME. And all this with the best armor combo to the specific mob, sometimes naked + adjusted fap to make it even more eco.

But after VU10, the loot seems to be elsewhere, and after tier was introduced, loot seems to be non-existent for me, I go out with 400ped ammo, after repair and all I go ~50-70% - on my hunts, almost every time. NEVER +... EVER.

The only thing that seems to work is teamhunting.
That seems to work the other way around, ~50-70% + instead.
And now you ask, "SO? dont solo hunt then idiot"...

But come on, solo hunting is so fun!, you dont have to care about anything or anyone, just you, your gun and some ugly mobs..

So therefore im posting a little poll:

Is loot worse after VU10 and/or the introduction of the Tier system?

I know people are HoFing and ATH´ing as usual, but I´m talking average loot returns now...

Please, vote what you think about your situation, and elaborate and flame and discuss!

Regards,

Nestor

:scratch2:
This looks an awful lot like your first one.
:eek:

:scratch2:
This looks an awful lot like your first one.
:eek:

That's funny, to me it just looks more like he's asking about the general loot atm, to see if he's in a bad cycle, or the loots just bad as a whole.

The loot is the same crap as pre-VU/pre-tier, but it's a lot more diverse :cool:

If one's get at least a global in a day of playing, they should be thankful because for some, globalling is really rare. And they're happy with that

loot still sux, but there are more possible drops of high MV items, which other players will pay a lot for.

so eventualy MA/FPC didnt make it better or worse.

We are paying the shit ourself as always :0)

If one's get at least a global in a day of playing, they should be thankful because for some, globalling is really rare. And they're happy with that

No, I can´t be thankful. And to whom should I be thankful?

If I deposit $200, and go out hunting with that (like I did today) and only get one global (like I did today), I will most certainly NOT be thankful, but mad and dissapointed.

So Kamarkos, you go ahead and deposit 200$ and come back here when you get the same results I did, and say some thankful, kind words please.. ;)

And it´s not just about a "bad streak" that I happen to have atm, but it´s been going on for weeks now, and I´m starting to wonder what is wrong with my beloved "game" !

My roommate put in like $140 today, and not one single global from that, just straight out hunting with that deposit... seems odd in comparison what kind of loots we got today compared to a year ago (before VU10).

Regards,

Nestor

Nestor i hope that your bad streak (i'm having one too when it comes to hunting btw) doesn't go like mine did last year during MH and WOF.. shit returns till April :p, if it goes the same this year i just don't know what i'll do...

I have to vote that it's the same.. almost.. a bit worse but not really bad compared to pre VU10

for my avatar loot has been on a constant decline since I've started playing. 90% returns have turned into 55-60% returns over the past year and a half.

I stopped playing at my level a while ago and stuck to small mobs, i'd rather spend few pecs then peds to see the same no loot yellow text. Plus I have fun doing it, most say they couldnt doit, too borring etc, but honestly i don't see a difference,, i mean so the mob is bigger/looks cooler/makes diff sounds lol, the process is still same and sure theres "chance" of bigger loot, but i'm not a gambling man. Only bad thing is i can't partake in MM because i cant afford to play at the level i'm stuck in, sure i couldve chipped down to get to a lower catagory but thats crazyness since i spent so much time trying to get them up in first place lol,,thats just my take on things and I hope things improve for ya;)

Overall in the long run its the same as usual.

yep, my last was in March :eek:

I don't don't count hours or days between globals, I count months :laugh:

Same shyte, different day.
Except on those hunts I go gun crazy and use unmaxed guns or those days I put the slider on condition, return rate is allways the same.
Y ear ago I had once 9 globals in one day and never broke that record again, but also had quite a lot of non looters then.
Only time I really noticed a decline in loot was directly after VU10, but a week later it evened it self out with slightly higher payouts.
I think best indication of a general bad loot cycle is when the lowest HoFs are below 200 PEDs on average.

loot ? :scratch2: what was that ?

well i just say HECK YES! ...

Loot for everyday game play is as stable as it ever was.

The only time I notice a difference in that is when events are being run and I get a 25% to 40% cut to pay for everyone elses enjoyment. Hense I basicly stopped even logging in to do anything much more then saying hello to friends and to laugh at the ones other then the golden children competing in these events.

I'd go along with Menace's post that there seems to be an overall reduction in return. His figures feel about right to my own experience at the moment.
I have only begun to monitor my progress as I have been out since just after the VU 10 introduction, just started again in November.

It's my hope that the regime I had before VU 10 is simply obsolete and now I have to find a new "way" to play.:scratch2:

When's a Global not a Global...

There are two distinct types of global, the luck based and paid for. Lucky globals are rare - for everyone, and they can be any value. The global I see discussed here is the paid for. Paid for globals come in different flavors too, theirs the commonly known manufacturing global, such as amps or other expensive items having either a typical tt value over 50ped or higher condition set; Theirs also the type of paid global that stems from recent deposits.

I've never found I could tie a specific % to this, but you do sense it drying up after a couple of days. Also multiple deposits in a single day don't always come through as a direct multiplier to the number of globals experienced in a linear fashion. Take today, I'm cycling 20M ammo or 2k ped ~4.5 hrs with 2 sessions a day I'm making 3 deposits of around $160. Note that this is a cycling ammo value, as everything other than standard ammo gets dropped into storage without any selling or TT.

After the first two deposits I'd got around 7/10 globals each time, but after the third I've only had around 3. All globals have been under 200ped tt These are paid globals, just as I wouldn't respond to pm's of 'gratz' doing a run of OA-101L's and getting 50pedders, I'm not about to thank my mum, PA, best friend and all my adoring fans for their support in achieving... blah... blah... I'm sure we've all experienced the fact that globals don't mean shite anyway, you can get your arse handed to you whilst having an epic number of globals - esp. easy to see in manufacturing.

My experience is that loot has dropped significantly over the years, where previously I'd have around 80% return, now it's usually more like 60%. Although I've moved from mainly Det/Val Swordsman to V2 Sniper in that time to equivalent skill level; However I've not noticed that Vu10 is particularly responsible for worse loots.

Place your bet and play your hand
So nothing new to say really, spend peds by repairing your stuff regular, not using the most amazingly eco setup, etc. and you'll get better loots. You do stuff on a limb and you get really good loot or really crap loot, stay in the comfort zone and you get boring nothing special loot that's kinda reasonable.

The immediate post tier globals were interesting, with animal oils pushed aside to promote the tier components, every global I got was in L parts such as guns or armors - 100% of the value. I didn't get any tier stuff in globals, so maybe theirs specific code to ensure that oils foul up our globals whilst other related tt crap doesn't. It was lovely not having to lug around 100Kg of extra weight in oil!

My experience is that loot has dropped significantly over the years, where previously I'd have around 80% return, now it's usually more like 60%. Although I've moved from mainly Det/Val Swordsman to V2 Sniper in that time to equivalent skill level; However I've not noticed that Vu10 is particularly responsible for worse loots.

I completely agree with the "paid globals".
But if your signatures is correct and your highest level is really level 41 BLP Sniper, I would really not even waste a thought were my PEDs go.
I never had an average return rate of 80% using an unlimited gun, maybe on a daily basis but on a monthly basis it was allways around 50-60%.
I admit, that I have not touched them a lot since VU10 hit, only got a 200 Euro budget per month, but according to what you write my loot should have gone done to around 30% with an unlimited.
If your signature is correct, you should maybe for a change try out an Apis+Dante.
Anything else is not really comparing a return rate but rather if you are gambling on getting a higher payout due to forced higher losses.

Anyone feel more misses and lower average damage ?

For me the loots have been better overall since VU10, however, since Tiers were introduced the 'better' times seem smaller and the 'loot lulls' seem longer. In hunting I seem to come across about the same number of "No looters" but in mining I'm feeling a heck of a lot more "No Resource Found". So many big ATH's have to be impacting on the available lootpool too.

~1.5 ped per Itumatrox is rather poor... Ever since they changed ammo, I'm lucky to acquire more than 5-6 pec of ammo per loot. The lower ammo loots have heavily cut into my returns - I've gone from 85-90% returns to 50-60%.

I cant play like I did pre VU10, speaks clearly to me. Have to adapt and accept that entertainment is more expensive now.

according to what you write my loot should have gone done to around 30% with an unlimited.
If your signature is correct, you should maybe for a change try out an Apis+Dante.
Anything else is not really comparing a return rate but rather if you are gambling on getting a higher payout due to forced higher losses.

Yes, I agree, but from my position I factor the mobs I hunt, armor, evade, etc. to mean that I get a good scale-of-economy from hunting with a fast weapon that although burns ammo fast, the benefit of fast reload means I'm making savings on armor/fap decay.

My primary weapon is the V2, which some don't agree with, but suits me particularly well. After extensive tests with weapons such as LP485(L) maxed, I find that while the stats on paper suggest it's better than a very unmaxed V2, it simply doesn't materialize in the field. Value aside, the V2 decays by 10ped for every 1k ped of ammo or nowadays 10M ammo.

The crux of my position is one that will likely be highly unpopular. I don't have much appreciation for maxed status on L stuff. I get just as many crits and typically the same interval as with UL at 4/10 6/10 'ish.

Again I don't feel that use of L and UL translates to such a large % difference. This will probably sound old-skool snobish, and it's not intended at any one person, but I feel that newer players are for various reasons proponents of L gear, while more experienced players who remain stalwart supporters of UL gear. I believe that generally their are more poor choices in gear setup in the L camp than for the UL, thus leading to a generally much lower perceived return with an L setup. The true difference beween equally good L and UL gear is closer to 5% / 10%.

2000 ped ammo per day usually did give 2-3 globals on scip,trox,ituma,formidon etc for me pre VU 10. I've hunted much less since VU 10 and have not even opened the client loader since the "tier patch". I didn't see any diff in loot after VU 10 though many i spoke to did. However i guess my loot could not get much worse, i lost my 10-15k ped monthly depo fast enough before vu 10.

Back