Planet Calypso Roadmap for 2010

A lot of interesting news there.:)
Sadly nothing about societies, I had hoped for a more advanced system
for those.

Yes well unfortunately Assignments or Quests will not be organic (ie: We cant design our own quests or assignments via the system). FPC confirmed this last friday in Twins. All Assignments will be purely FPC generated aparently :(

Yes well unfortunately Assignments or Quests will not be organic (ie: We cant design our own quests or assignments via the system). FPC confirmed this last friday in Twins. All Assignments will be purely FPC generated aparently :(
If FPC are willing to listen to suggestions from the community about Quest content (I know, I know, that could be a big If) then that need not be a bad thing.

I'll talk to MA on Monday again about Hangars. It wasn't specifically mentioned in my notes, but the word was "that all old system will be back before the end of the year" so I take it as more of slip-up than a devious plan. But please wait with speculation until Monday.

Hangars are also included in "all old systems will be back before the end of the year".

If FPC are willing to listen to suggestions from the community about Quest content (I know, I know, that could be a big If) then that need not be a bad thing.

Yes this is true. Some other games (EV...note i did not complete the name :) ) have a similar approach, and the main prob there is that they are often very much repeated and repetative..but lets wait to see what happens.

Hangars are also included in "all old systems will be back before the end of the year".
That clears that up then.

I can understand pilots concern at not seeing piloting/hangars/flight specifically mentioned though.

I think vehicles are in the current situation the 'right step' ! :loco:

Cheap ? I think no.
If Vehicles should be cheap and anyone can buy one, I see now already thousands of idiots trying to drive over avatars, with lag like hell ! :rolleyes:

I think it will be expensive. Less Vehicles=Rare Vehicles=Expensive Vehicles !

Better they upgrade Mindforce, Taming ....! but it's not so rewarding :(

New Systems before Old Systems Work ? Great Job MA, another useless "FEATURE"!

Beta Testing over years and pay for programm errors is really FUN !!!! :rolleyes:

Falke

Thank you Marco for the info.

Regards,
Mylcat

Marco, you were also riding vehicles on test servers back in 2003.

For the other aspects, I have breaking news for you: a major aspect is cost to play. When I'll ever see the shortest MA news regarding that, I'll be thrilled.

You guys there at MindArk and FPC, are you aware that the world is in an economic crisis? Like, increased unemployment among your customers and lowered purchasing power among your customers and, extremely more important, among your potential customers?

Nice to see a roadmap, but well, let's live and see them actually done, not only promised and more important, let's live and see the costs.

hear hear ..

To me that means the hangars won't be back when the first new planet opens.. Else MA should have stated it to that fact.

Sounds great. Tiers also sounded fantastic. Everything did! Well I can only hope that missions will work properly and vehicles won't consume 1000oil every 1000m.

From that link:

It follows the case of four actors from a touring theatre company who had to be rescued from the roof of their pink Mercedes van after their sat nav directed them through a flooded ford in Gillingham, Dorset.
I wonder what the significance of their van being pink was?

Sorry for going off topic.

I think there may be a Swedish - English translation problem.
The translation of ' vague ideas we may or may not get around to doing anything about' into the phrase ' road map ' . It would explain a lot.

my 2 pec on the overall situation

MA/FPC are just not a big enough company to run EU anymore. Or just spend more time sorting problem out problems instead of meetings with 'charlie'

You're joking, aren't you? Haven't you heard the stories of people following instructions from those things and ending up on airport runways or in the canal? :D

My old MGB GT broke down a couple of months ago and the driver of the recovery vehicle told me lots of stories of how some people just follow the gps instructions mindlessly until disaster strikes.

In one case this guy in a 4x4 turned up this grass track at the suggestion of the gps voice and ended up half in a river.

The only way they could recover his vehicle (for some reason) was to call up engineers to build an emergency bridge over the river! :laugh:

Can't remember all the stories but he said his recovery lorry cost over £50k but the extra work they've received via gps cases paid for it in less than a year.

'I got out of my vehicle to loot the mobs I just ran over and somebody jumped in and drove off in it.' :laugh:

being serious for a moment, wouldn't vehicles be better if there was a third continent with no tp's rather than try and make them work on the current ones with their hills and rivers, they just wouldn't and they'd get stuck so often they'd litter the landscape.

A new continent built just to suit vehicles with roads, bridges and jumps. Give it varying terrain types and it would be brilliant. Block the use of tp chips and you've got a whole new set of professions based around vehicles.

Um... Aren't old rusty earth wheel cars a bit outmodel in the age of space colonisation, mindforce, robots and plasma rifles? :scratch2:

When I heard about vehicles I thought more of something antigrav, so it can cross rivers, ride up hills etc... I haven't even thought about usual cars, they'll be obsolete and totally useless in Calypso's landscape for sure. Ah, but it's gonna be fun to see an S65 AMG sliced by second entity:laugh:

You're joking, aren't you? Haven't you heard the stories of people following instructions from those things and ending up on airport runways or in the canal? :D

That doesn't happen anymore, they made a VU

I think vehicles are in the current situation the 'right step' ! :loco:

Cheap ? I think no.
If Vehicles should be cheap and anyone can buy one, I see now already thousands of idiots trying to drive over avatars, with lag like hell ! :rolleyes:

I think it will be expensive. Less Vehicles=Rare Vehicles=Expensive Vehicles !

Better they upgrade Mindforce, Taming ....! but it's not so rewarding :(

New Systems before Old Systems Work ? Great Job MA, another useless "FEATURE"!

Beta Testing over years and pay for programm errors is really FUN !!!! :rolleyes:

Falke

I think there should be one basic (cheap) vehicle, which has a speed of 150% normal running speed, and free of fuel costs (kinda like a Space Cycle), and a bunch of vehicles which are a bit costlier and offer higher max speed, or armour from attacking mobs.

If you'd be attacked while on cycle, you take full damage, if you're in a "pod" or "car" you'd take less damage, because their is a bit of metal between you and the hungry atrox.

May the 10.8/2010|01 deployment go smoothly for all!

Fingers crossed,

AG

I am FPC not MindArk, but Ill be using surveys actively for gathering information and feedback from the community. :) So you'll see a lot more of that!

I know that Hanne ;), but back then it was only MindArk. Silly, silly community manager. :laugh:

Still - I look forward to giving feedback now that there is someone that has had experience on the end-user side of things in the FPC mix.

P.S. - Any news on when I will finally, EVER HoF? Tossing PEDs in the pool for several years without more than globals means that I've gotta be due a massive ATH or something :D.

w00t can't wait

Just keep a lookout in the hof section for my listing.

Paul Crazy Robson just killed a atrox old alpha and found a dodge viper!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

If Lemmy's Castle replaces the Hadesheim crater, I will take the first opportunity I get to urinate on Lemmy from a great height.

If Lemmy's Castle replaces the Hadesheim crater, I will take the first opportunity I get to urinate on Lemmy from a great height.

Lemmy's Castle wont even be on Calypso though? :scratch2:

When it comes to Taming, Mentoring, Makeup, and Beacons, MindArk has promised all of these will be back before the end of the year.

Well, this part is somewhat disturbing, would it not make more sense to reintroduce taming after say mindforce instead of going off in a whole new direction with vehicles?

And taking taming offline for more than a year seems a bit extreme, perhaps it would be better to post an actual realistic timeframe and a clear reason why a system is put on a backburner, and if we can expect it to come back with a big overhaul?

I am FPC not MindArk, but Ill be using surveys actively for gathering information and feedback from the community. :) So you'll see a lot more of that!

Well, since we got you are there already, would it be possible to actually get a semi-clear somewhat definitive tineline and functionality schedule for taming profession, seems they are going gung ho on vehicles, etc but letting this profession fall by the wayside.

...when I heard about vehicles I thought more of something antigrav, so it can cross rivers, ride up hills etc... I haven't even thought about usual cars, they'll be obsolete and totally useless in Calypso's landscape for sure....

I would be totally comfortable if I can buy this for 100 peds. I think it is what you talk about too:

flyer.jpg

Got that pre VU10, so bring the vehicles back pls!!!!
And when I say 100peds, Im not joking. Of course there should be also vehicles costing 100K peds too, but dont forget the low cost!.)

Last edited:
I would be totally comfortable if I can buy this for 100 peds. I think it is what you talk about too:

Got that pre VU10, so bring the vehicles back pls!!!!
And when I say 100peds, Im not joking. Of course there should be also vehicles costing 100K peds too, but dont forget the low cost!.)

IMO the lower part of the economy is important. If craftersmake the vehicles and they'r all (L) this will add a new niche in the economy and in the end be good for all. And of course there should be a limited amount of better/cooler vehicles and they could of course be the (UL) kind.

Last edited:
The year 2010 is a turning point for both First Planet Company (the developer of the MMORPG Planet Calypso) and for MindArk (the developer of the Entropia Platform). Beginning with the next version…..

Instead of dumping in new skills, new fun stuff and a ton of bugs with those.
Maybe you guys should focus on getting the game back to how it was at VU 9.4.
Work the bugs out, like the Port Atlantis Mall Teleporter, or the new Society Terminal bug.

Graphics wise we went ahead, but did we game play wise ?

Where is Mindforce ?
Where is Taming ?
Where is the Beauty system ?
Where are the Beacon Missions ?

These skills used to bring in peds for you guys, but I guess the hunters,
crafters and miners pay that bill now ?

Where are some of the cool animations and postures ?

Maybe they will be back next Christmas with ‘TGA’ or later in 2011 ?

( TGA = Third Golden Age )

Last edited:
Back