Started playing EU 2010, how much did you deposit during the first month?

Yes, I started playing in 2010 and during my first month I deposited:

• $0 - nothing - zero - no deposit

Votes: 79 41.6%
  • $10 - $19.99

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • $20 - $29.99

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • $30 - $49.99

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • $50 - $99.99

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • $100 or more

Votes: 56 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cea

Prowler
Society
NBK Miners
Celesta Cea Stellaris
This is a poll out of pure curiousity. :)

Only vote if you starter playing in 2010, please!

Please answer if you are new to EU and started playing during this year.

How much did you deposit (if anything) during your first month ever in EU, year 2010, new players only!

The poll is private, so nobody will see your answer, only percentages of the whole poll will be shown.

For a poll to be relevant, a lot of answers are needed. And truthful answers only please.

Poll is set to expire on 05-09-2010.

Please vote, and feel free to comment... in a kind manner! :D Thank you for participating!

Last edited:
Started last December (2008), and in Jan of 2009 I depositted about 300-350 I believe... Since then I added another 100 I believe, but not due to being empty, just needed PED :D.

I remember sweating for about 4 weeks or so and going from maxed opalo to maxed m1a. By the time I got towards m2a and m3a I realized It would take a week or so to sweat a gun so I did a few deposits totaling around 40 or 50 usd. This was back in 2008 but I don't think much has changed. Well on the other hand, alot has changed. People used to opalo hunt molisk, cornundos, and other low end mobs that are now regenerating. Hehe it was outside my first month but i remember soloing atrox young/mature in my half repaired shogun with a m3 and m4a lol. Those days are long gone. Opps I rambled.

Good luck in game.

Kosmos

So much deposited, so little to show :(

I'd like to say that I blew it all on learning but, I am still barely able to hold up my PED balance

I still had some money left somewere. So I deposited 10$ at the start good boost. But further I will go on as a no depositer.

Soon I will post a detailed story. In the eyes of the noob. Since I still play for a few weeks how I exprienced everything.

Took me months before I put in my first deposit.

Wish I had done it earlier though... Prices went up like crazy in that period, so I could have had great gear, if I didn't waste ~6 months sweating.

Ya i started sweating a lot and then i decided to deposit 20 dollars

And yes i am having a lot of fun with 20 :)

but im a noob too so srry i cant give too much advice.

So umm... yeah... I didn't deposit in my first month...

Then again, my first month was 10/2002 and all I did was make a few PED as a runner and then became a trader. When I became a hunter though, I can tell you that I immediately dropped $50 in deposits to get some good armor and guns (back when all guns were UL and had no SIB - bigger gun = better, hands down back then). Wish I had put more in and picked up an imk2 back then... had the chance, but thought "I don't want to spend that much, I'll pick one up in a few months when I can afford a larger deposit"... Now they are worth more than my car...

I'm ranting, so I'll just shut up.

Well, i started playing during January, and so far i've deposited 20$.
And i know that it is exactly 20$, because i wanted to deposit more when February came, but realized that i couldn't :mad:- there is a 20 dollar limit on visa transactions per month, which probably in ma's mind means 30 days from the last transaction, without taking into account the fact that we are actually on a different month. :lolup:

This did play havoc with my schedule, since i had geared everything towards a new deposit, and found my self pedless :confused:. Aw well, time to sell something from storage i guess.

P.S. I know that there is an option to raise your monthly limit, but 1st) i still haven't gotten January's card statement to do so and 2nd) I don't plan, at this moment at least, to depo more than 20$ per month in EU.

I put in $20 in the first month. :)

I recommend 20 dollar and set your self a amount you wish to spend a month on the game.

I recommend 20 dollar and set your self a amount you wish to spend a month on the game.

That's basically what I did. My plan is stay under the $15/month that any other MMO would cost. If I do that, then I can still have fun and spend the same as if I was playing anything else.

Of course, if I get lucky I might not need to deposit some months. That would be nice. :)

Oh bugger :duh:

I should have read the thing about 2010 before I clicked... :duh::duh:

Sorry...

No worries, I added that in red too. Hoping people will see it.

Thanks all who already answered!

Keep'em coming! :D

No worries, I added that in red too. Hoping people will see it.

Thanks all who already answered!

Keep'em coming! :D

I just answered with what I actually did and what I would still do today.

My view was this:

New game in the store: $40-60. Put $50 in this game as if I were buying it.
Deposit if I need money, stay under or at the price of other MMOs (stuck with this on my first go around in here).

I would have done this even if I had started this year, so hopefully you won't consider my vote to skew your poll.

left the game two years ago and restarted this january....i couldnt even try to sweat. after 20 bottles i gave up and put 15 euro in....and may do the same every month.

Unfortunately, those 15 euro are already gone and there are still three weeks to go maybe until the next depo....good point, i wont have access to PE before a dozen of days anyway :D

I tarted a long time ago but I dropped in 20usd that lasted me a good long time.

my first depo was wen I needed to buy Isis LR32 it was to much PED for non depositer. but before I was joining swunt teams and make ME and sell.
good luck

started like 1 year ago if Im right....... would like to tell you that if you don`t take care on your real money you probably will see the following:

1. you might think - hell yes I have no need to deposit since I can sweat my a... off or maybe someone can give me a job as runner or I can try to prepare deals and so on.....

2. Then you 2nd will see: Holy shit I try to do what I can to play as non depositor...... but ..... shit its sooooooo annnoying allways doing same shit day by day while other people hunt or mine for their good......

3. you probably start to think about...... should I dep or not...... should I dep or not....... should I ? should I not ? should I ??? - Hell I would die to get the chance to kick some mobs or try my luck in mining .......

4. If you would like to deposit, you probably may end up with depositing a small amount of Money to take your chance......

5. in past you might have had that luck to play with only a very few peds for some longer time...... but things changed badly........ this times it all really costs a shit load of peds to make your decend way of becomming a strong or rich Avatar inside EU.

6. after you finally realised that your Peds are gone and nothing came back.... not nearly an even or some little profit you will have to do a really difficult Decision...... Maybe you think about it and your result is.... hell I don`t have much money left I try to get some luck with that little amount I got left - or you decide to deposit some other little amount of money because you think its your damn right to get something little back from game as a Depositor....

7. Soon you made your final decision to become a depositor or stop that gambling you will see - SHIT NO!!!! MA /FPC GOT ME !!! - I`m a permanent depositor like most people of that game- from now on !

8. and after you wisely decided to stop that game and quit ..... you probably will return back in about a few months because you will miss it kinda.

One thing is a clear one...... MA /FPC controlls your kind of way how much money and how many times you deposit in a month..... I bet they probably got a "Depositors-Statistic" about every single Avatar inside EU. And then they will decide what will happen to you and your Avatar !

a. they figured out you are an addicted one ........ they will keep you depositing and you only will get shit and Mega Uber Loss - that fills up their wallets

b. they figured out you are not an addicted one.... maybe a from time to time player they will do it same way........ let you loose your money to get you depositing again......

c. you are one of that lucky Mega Uber millionairs RL who has no problem with depositing and investing shitloads of rl-money into your Avatar and the game - MA /FPC probably will kiss your hand or ...... :rolleyes: xxxxxx - peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep - censored .......... whatever !! :D ...... and finally after some more VU`s they will :poke: you by changing LA Locations, Teleporters next to your LA or make it to bring in lots of Bugs Lags and technical problems to make it much more difficult for you to get your invested Tonns of Money back...... Happened to some Uber Richies here far that I know.

No matter what you decide ...... MA/FPC will get their hands on you and your money .......

take it as your personal choice - Its your fate ....... try it or don`t do :D

Fleur

btw..... Attention! comming out now:
addicted EU player - deposited ..... uhm uhmmmmm not an idea anymore... amount of XXXXX Peds til now and will go on with this - YEAH!

OOOPS ! .... I DID IT AGAIN - depositing
:hammer::hammer::hammer::loco::loco::loco: :banghead:

Last edited:
See my siggy and consider that I am solo hunting small atrax and you might figure out which caterory my own vote belongs to. ;)

I see EU as a virtual Disneyland. It's up to everyone to decide how much money you (can) spend.

We just need to be careful not to spend more than we are comfortable with.

By the way after thinking about this thread I advise this to any budget minded new comer or anyone. I would skill up to be able to use a maxed p4a/p5a/kross h400. Those weapons will serve you well because of their economy and damage they can deal out. They are pistols so it diviates away from what most start out with opalo (riffle). I don't know a good way to skill up to them naturally pistol sucks before p4a in my opinion. What I would do is research how much skill you need to max a p4a and chip in to use it. Will save you alot of time and maybe increase your odds of hunting more worthwise things sooner. I am not so sure how things are now on the start to be honest, but if i was to do hunting all over again i would definately chipin to use a p4a.

Also I would buy a a104 to put on a p4a. It is a good amp and is the biggest the gun will take.

Best regaurds

kosmos

94 votes...
With a requirement of completing a month, as it's Feb now, theirs only a one week window.

So in 1 week 94 new players joined entropia and signed up to EF. Should have shown voters names, highlight all the numptys who voted cos it's so exciting to do :rolleyes:

I started playing the first time ever a very long time ago, sometime right after the official game release... Did not deposit until september 2009, or was it november? Anyway, I lived of "trading" and "sweating" but when prices dropped silly low I went and pulled out the good old friend called CC...

I'm happy that I deposit, I love the game and I will keep depo for a long time even if i hardly can afford it.

94 votes...
With a requirement of completing a month, as it's Feb now, theirs only a one week window.

So in 1 week 94 new players joined entropia and signed up to EF. Should have shown voters names, highlight all the numptys who voted cos it's so exciting to do :rolleyes:

Psst look at the expiry date.

Not to burst your bubble...but, i've been playing for over 5 years, and put in about 300 to 500 US dollars a month; each and ever month for 5 years and i'm not UBER. You can not get a 'true' poll here. Just that simple. Unless you have 10k to 20k ped to put in each month, then you "MIGHT" become uber...:yay:

Wish you luck...

Seoul...

The Soul of Asai....

This is a poll out of pure curiousity. :)

Please answer if you are new to EU and started playing during this year.

How much did you deposit (if anything) during your first month ever in EU, year 2010, new players only!

The poll is private, so nobody will see your answer, only percentages of the whole poll will be shown.

For a poll to be relevant, a lot of answers are needed. And truthful answers only please.

Poll is set to expire on 05-09-2010.

Please vote, and feel free to comment... in a kind manner! :D Thank you for participating!

Not to burst your bubble...but, i've been playing for over 5 years, and put in about 300 to 500 US dollars a month; each and ever month for 5 years and i'm not UBER...
what bubble? Where did I say I am planning to become uber? :scratch2:

Hehee first was poll and then this info. You should add this to poll dear Cea ;)

And as im writing i started with depo long long time ago :)

Hehee first was poll and then this info. You should add this to poll dear Cea ;)

And as im writing i started with depo long long time ago :)

It's been in the heading of the poll itself from the very beginning, also in the text I said 2010. The only thing I added after voting started was the red line of text.

Last edited:
Bump-o-matic.

I'm like another poster who hit the wall with the $20 Visa limit. I have several ecard services for online poker but none of them are part of this MMO and I really don't want to sign up for yet another one. So, for the foreseeable future, I will continue to do $20 a month.

For my first $20 I will be happy to bleed slowly and recoup some of my losses. If I find in a week or two, that I burned through it all then I will sweat out the rest of the month until I can reload.

Back