Quest/Missions - A list

Status
You have finished all of aforementioned Iron Challenge missions?

The "Kill XXX Eviscerator" and "Kill XXX Steel Birds" came in VU 11.4.2 - according to entropedia, this was on Nov. 9th, that's 14 days before these two new missions became available.

I reckon most people still work on those missions, and can benefit from the dual/triple weighted kills, apparently it aint the most clever strategy to rush in and try to finish the missions as first one.

But, one thing is above me, if you do the missions for the skill reward only, why don't you just wait two more days and do only those missions that were confirmed to give an amount of skills that you deem fair?

I had finished steelbirds, and i did double up on evisc a little (there were spider bombers mixed with evisc), but that only got me 20% of the way to another psyche point.

I don't do always do missions for the skill, i do them for attributes too. At this stage in my EU career, 1 point of health costs me 500 or more peds - so a full iron mission is worth at least 500ped.

The harby missions were branded as "urgent": I mistakenly assumed that the reward would reflect such urgency. The same lameness of the "you found Chug's hideout" is not worthy of a mission objective - i think the missions in Nov were far more fun to create for FPC thatn they were for me to do. Poorly thought out in some places: allowing the use of SLeipnir to complete, with no death penalty, just resulted in massive amounts of aggro and a whole lot of gds not doing any killing ( i walked through all objectives and slayed as many enemies as I could

On top of that, well missions are "the goal" now. I don't have 500kped to spend on an equipment upgrade, so I'm filling in time with these - and if i'm going to do something, I might aswell be the best at it. It was just a disappointing experience for me, and simply didn't meet my expectations in difficulty or in reward..these quests were fairly mindless and repetitive.

Any reward for doing them is a salve, not a goal.

In this case the salve wasn't enough.

I had finished steelbirds, and i did double up on evisc a little (there were spider bombers mixed with evisc), but that only got me 20% of the way to another psyche point.

I don't do always do missions for the skill, i do them for attributes too. At this stage in my EU career, 1 point of health costs me 500 or more peds - so a full iron mission is worth at least 500ped.

The harby missions were branded as "urgent": I mistakenly assumed that the reward would reflect such urgency. The same lameness of the "you found Chug's hideout" is not worthy of a mission objective - i think the missions in Nov were far more fun to create for FPC thatn they were for me to do. Poorly thought out in some places: allowing the use of SLeipnir to complete, with no death penalty, just resulted in massive amounts of aggro and a whole lot of gds not doing any killing ( i walked through all objectives and slayed as many enemies as I could

On top of that, well missions are "the goal" now. I don't have 500kped to spend on an equipment upgrade, so I'm filling in time with these - and if i'm going to do something, I might aswell be the best at it. It was just a disappointing experience for me, and simply didn't meet my expectations in difficulty or in reward..these quests were fairly mindless and repetitive.

Any reward for doing them is a salve, not a goal.

In this case the salve wasn't enough.

You seem to forget that the missions are not all tailored for a hardcore hunter, but should cover the entire range from complete noob to experienced player - and you seem to forget that MA/FPC are still experimenting: Each new batch of missions are testing new aspects of the mission system (we've always been the testing lab rats).

But for me, these missions were the best ones ever, despite the poor reward:
They actually had some connection to the robot storyline, and the "Us vs. them bad bots" made it more interesting than "shoot 16k mobs, doesn't matter why, where or when"

thx Rei can u tell what was for 500 ? intel ?

Emanuel Gonsalez hosts Longu and Neconu Iron Challenges at Shinook Jungle(27848, 50941 - by the Mobile Service Center).

Morgan Drell hosts Allophyl/Estophyl and Atrax Iron Challenges at Shinook Jungle(27559, 50995 - by big tree W of TP)

500 esto/allo mission reward: 1 strength point

Skill amount: Investigate the contents of a crate (branch 2)

First, Thank you very much Tass for putting this thread together :yay: and a big thanks to everyone who has contributed :headbang:. I wouldn't know about all of the various missions that are available if it wasn't for this thread, and I definitely wouldn't know that you could get more than stupid fragments as a reward.

I would also like to add my part to fill in some of the info that is still missing. When I completed the "Investigate the contents of a crate (branch 2)" mission which has you talk to Science officer Book in East Scylla along with some frags I went for 0-461 in Explosive Projectile Weaponry (was called Explosive Weaponry Technology before). I am not 100% sure that I had 0 in this skill before but since I hadn't crafted or used any Projectile weapons I think that it is pretty likely. Tess can you add this info to the thread and to the mission page on Entropia Planets. (I don't have an account on EP and don't want to get one just to update this info.)

Redundant post removed :p

Last edited:
Hey

Has the Longtooth mission changed ?
I'm actually xxx/250 .... but on the 1st topic, it says 50/500/1000

If I remember, it was 50/100/250 .... :scratch2:

Did I miss something ?
What's happend when I'll hit the 250th ??

Hey

Has the Longtooth mission changed ?
I'm actually xxx/250 .... but on the 1st topic, it says 50/500/1000

If I remember, it was 50/100/250 .... :scratch2:

Did I miss something ?
What's happend when I'll hit the 250th ??

It's 50, 250, 1000. When you hit the 250th you'll get a mission message saying to return to the mission broker at Corinth.

New missions

Clearing the swamp: mission broker is Private Mikael J. something west of Odysseus Landing tp
kill 30 gokis

Research camp missions (Calypso (52234, 64139, 146)

(1) Mysterious rocks mission:
sample 1 Calypso (53926, 64837, 103)
sample 2 Calypso (51648, 64341, 146)
sample 3 Calypso (53926, 64837, 103)

(2) robohunter
kill 40 jamraiders and drones

(3) dig for energy
find 10 enmatter claims

Was working on a major update for this thread with all the new missions.

Will not happen anymore.

Dead and gone.

You know where you can find me.

Was working on a major update for this thread with all the new missions.

Will not happen anymore.

Dead and gone.

You know where you can find me.

What happened?
You will put it on EP right?

Based on the thread title and what's in the OP this thread should be removed and certainly not a sticky :scratch2:

As Tass has removed the OP I have un-sticked and closed this thread.

Should Tass wish to put the info back, this will be reverted.

As a lot of people have contributed to this thread, I shall try to maintain a new version of it here.

Status
Back