What I Think of Entropia Universe

Warbo

Hatchling
Society
Rising Potentials
Warbo Wartox Enton
Hello everyone! :)

I've played Entropia Universe for a month or so... and I want to share how it have been, what's good and bad about the game, and how to make the game keep living and getting out to more MMORPG gamers.

My very first impression of the game was. the graphics sucks... and the game laggs... Well this is not entirely true, my first impression was. how do i turn my character around? :eyecrazy:
So lots of confusion in the beginning.
I had to turn my graphics down and ask around for what to do...

I was guided to the Swamp Camp and started sweating mobs. :sweat:
Sweating was actualy okay fun when I just got into the game, but after a while it got a bit boring. The thing that kept me going was the fact, that the sweat I earned could be sold for PED, and later changed into $$$

Then I bought a gun, and for my 8 hard earned PED I bought some ammo. I ran straight away to kill daikiba's. :handgun:
I was so happy because I could start earning PED from hunting instead of sweating (or so i thought)...

I was back to step 1, and I had to sweat alot more to be able to do something with my PED. So after sweating lots of 1000's of sweat I went into some trading (the best way to earn PED I learned), and after a long day i earned like 20 PED more. :money:
This where only a due to a lucky trade, with some guy selling almost at TT value.

I got to try the auction thing in EU, and I bid on most stuff with 100% and negative markups. The auction needs a sorting feature, so anyone can sort any category depending on value, markup, quanty, bids and so on.

Most interface is good, I like the basic interface on the screen while you play, and stuff like looting windows when you recieve items in any of the professions/tasks. But the auction, society, crafting terminal windows looks outdated. Refresh it! :painter:

Well in any game in the world there are goals, whether it's a sport game, a basic computer game or an MMO. In many MMO's people make their own goals, it might be getting to level 100, but since you don't have a main level in Entropia, we need lots of smaller goals.
MA recently added the new quests into EU, and that's a great thing... It's just a shame we only got 5 quests which take a few hours together, and doesn't fit the long gameplay of EU. Make more! :wtg:

Well it might be hard to come up with 100 new quests for EU, but if MA can't, they can always add achievements, yes that's right... achievements. People playing a game like to be rewarded, and since MA can't give free PED out to everyone, just give a virtual medal telling how it's earned and add a cool picture. It could be a medal for killing an Atrox, a medal for collecting 10k of sweat or a medal for reaching level 10 in something... think about this MA :scratch2:

To the companies behind Entropia Universe: :wise:
I know you say EU is a universe, and not a game, therefore a virtual reality (and not a game), but if you could bring anything from a game into reality, it would be a cooler reality, so bringing in the stuff above will make it a cooler virtual reality.

Advertise some more, and get out to a bigger audience... this is where i found Entropie Universe: Here
Luckily they changed it to a new version picture just recently.

You are already making big improvements in the universe, refreshing the loginscreen and stuff like that, you should really go for the quality and perfection of the universe, and that way it would be a better game... sry, universe.

Get working! :computer: and release some new planet's soon :)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
So what do you think???

Reactions: Ozi
So what do I think?

I think you should have a bit more patience. New quests will come soon enough

As for graphics... check out east scylla mountains and walk to the volcano.
The plants give in when you walk through them.. the scenery is breathtaking, welldone Mindark! thumbs up! If you have to scale down your gfx then the game is not at fault.. your pc is... upgrade to see all the beauty...

I'm a 6 year old in here.. and the advances this game has made since FPC is at the helm is simply good. Although I don't like all the changes, the quests system is a step in the right direction. The new gfx update at scylla is wonderful , the future looks a tad more brighter then when vu 10 first came out with all its bugs.

Oww and living off sweat is not the real game. You only get a glimpse of what the game is .. see it as playing a demo.

MA recently added the new quests into EU, and that's a great thing... It's just a shame we only got 5 quests which take a few hours together, and doesn't fit the long gameplay of EU. Make more! :wtg:

Well those are only test quests, and more will be added in like 1-2 weeks if I understood the FPC info correct :)

There are many goals to work for in EU. Unlocking skills, getting your first global/hof perhaps making enough profit to buy that gear you want, visiting CND or CP, getting all the tps, learning what resources are found where. You need to do research to find your goals, FPC does not spoonfeed which I think attracts many players/participants.

EU is IMO for depositors nowadays, getting by sweating is most likely just frustrating. What you build up in sweat takes no time at all to spend.

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself so far, hope you stick around. Sounds like you have lots to discover still.

As for the patience, i'm joking a bit, when i say do this, and do that... it's just to make a clear point in my long post.

Oww and living off sweat is not the real game. You only get a glimpse of what the game is .. see it as playing a demo.
I know it isn't the full game. That's why i write in past tense. Also i'm beginning to like the game.

There are many goals to work for in EU. Unlocking skills, getting your first global/hof perhaps making enough profit to buy that gear you want, visiting CND or CP, getting all the tps, learning what resources are found where. You need to do research to find your goals, FPC does not spoonfeed which I think attracts many players/participants.
You're right about all this, but when anyone is making a game or an MMO, always see room for improvement, and see things from a new site, by attacking it from the worst site, just to get new ideas up.

Not a bad review.

You kept it professional IMO, not whining and moaning like some EXPERIENCED players seem to do :D

It is nice to get a newcomers experience, very hard for those of us who were in your shoes years ago to really get that FIRST month experience again.

And rising potentials (no wonder you have the smarts about you) :D Alice always knows how to pick them HAHAHA :D

You kept it professional IMO, not whining and moaning like some EXPERIENCED players seem to do :D

perhaps they have got more to whine about?:laugh:

The thing that kept me going was the fact, that the sweat I earned could be sold for PED, and later changed into $$$

:wise: And that's where it all started to go wrong

EDIT: For most new players anyway

Last edited:
Hello everyone! :)

Well it might be hard to come up with 100 new quests for EU, but if MA can't, they can always add achievements, yes that's right... achievements. People playing a game like to be rewarded, and since MA can't give free PED out to everyone, just give a virtual medal telling how it's earned and add a cool picture. It could be a medal for killing an Atrox, a medal for collecting 10k of sweat or a medal for reaching level 10 in something... think about this MA :scratch2: ...
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
So what do you think???

Hi and welcome, Im always interrested in what new ppl thing about EU.

And your idea about the medals:

Its great!

Cool review with some nice ideas.

Welcome to EU.

Advertise some more, and get out to a bigger audience... this is where i found Entropie Universe: Here
Luckily they changed it to a new version picture just recently.

yep they should.

EU got a mention in a uk gaming mag recently (due to buzz's 330k win of CP). but they used pre VU 10 pics.anyone seeing the article might get interested but then see the pics and not bother

So what do I think?

As for graphics... check out east scylla mountains and walk to the volcano.
The plants give in when you walk through them.. the scenery is breathtaking, welldone Mindark! thumbs up! If you have to scale down your gfx then the game is not at fault.. your pc is... upgrade to see all the beauty...

this realy makes me wish i had a monster PC insted of a laptop. from the screen shots i've seen we are finaly getting what MA promised us with vu 10. and it looks alot more like when you play far cry or crysis now ( read more realistic).

EU is IMO for depositors nowadays, getting by sweating is most likely just frustrating. What you build up in sweat takes no time at all to spend.

FPc need to boost the average consumption of ME up. and get alot more depositors. hopefully when mindforce is re-introduced bigger chips that only serve as novelty items might have L counter parts and give an incentive for people to skill up in mindforce and keep the skills on their avatar rather than chipping it straight out after you've unlocked ESL or something

edit : so what do i think of the review ?

good, fair. and always nice to get the point of view of a new player who has actualy suck with it for a month b4 wrighting one. seems there's too meany " i played 3 hours and didn't understand this so this game sucks " or seasoned players whining about loot :p
medal system could be good. like if you scan a pperson theremight be a tab where you can see medals (i.e. oh look this guy has the " soloed a daspletor " medal )

Last edited:
understanding entropia

velkommen til entropia. fin post. :D

in order to understand why the game is as it is, its important to keep some points in mind.

EU is something like 7-8 years old, meaning the basic design, game mechanics wise and aesthetically, was made under very different circumstances than any new MMO would be. It is vital for a "fully persistant" real cash game to have some stability and continuity. This means that when changes are made it is vital for MA to consider the possible negative impacts of the changes on the players. This means that the entropia game type will tend to upgrade/expand/diversify a bit more sluggishly than other game types - all other things being equal. Keep in mind that some players have bought items worth several 100.000s $ who might go catatonic if they get nerfed too bad. :D

As for the auction, its does seem to be downright stupid. On first glance that is. All the basic wonders of the computers, such as the fast searching and sorting a data-set, are not available to the players.

The reason for this - i will argue - is that eu is an RCE, and the auction is designed with that in mind.

In an RCE game, it is vital to prevent ppl from being able to make money from playing in certain ways. It will destroy the games economy if someone can just click a button and recieve money, with no risk involved. If the auction had a full set of database functionalities available to the player, and made buying and selling as automated as one might want, it would be too easy to profit.

Imagine if MA implemented a trade macro, so one could just type in at what price to buy and what price to sell, and go on vacation, come back 3 weeks later and cash out 5k$. Game would go bankrupt.

The way the auction works now should be understood as a compromise between a need to accomodate players with a functional auction, and a need to reduce expliotability from "proffessional non-gamers".

As for goals and progress. Entropia was designed very much with an ambition to make the world seem very real. As in "the interface is made to help with vital information and p2p and p2e interaction. The game is the world and what takes place in it" So MA has been reluctant to implement game elements that does not fit in with this ideal. This seems to be somewhat loosened up now, and i think we will see a bit less "conceptual tightness" in the future.

Also consider that unlike many other MMOs we are in entropia constrained by both time and money in regards to level up. So the spread of relative power of avatars is enormous here compared to most other MMOs. Entropia is designed as a long term experience, and this is in and by itself disencouraging to beginners. In the sense that it will take months to get to "low-mid level" without significant deposits. It also encourages some beginners tho - theres a lot of gametime ahead - and you will most likely NOT! be stuck at endgame with nothing to do - ever... :D

hope this all makes sense :D

Back