Weapon accuracy enhancer testing

remontoire

Marauder
Society
Bravo Three-Nil
John itwasntme Remontoire
In hopes others will also contribute their results.

1000 shots on a maxed Breer M3a with tier I, II, III enhancers attached, showing 16/16 critical hit hit ability. Total criticals were 27, giving a rate of 2.7%. breakdown by 100 shots:

0-100 : 1
100-200: 4
200-300: 4
300-400: 0
400-500: 4
500-600: 2
600-700: 5
700-800: 1
800-900: 1

The longest run between criticals was almost 200 hits. If this is indeed 160% normal critical hit rate, then critical hits for breer m3a would be ~ 1.6%.

In hopes others will also contribute their results.

1000 shots on a maxed Breer M3a with tier I, II, III enhancers attached, showing 16/16 critical hit hit ability. Total criticals were 27, giving a rate of 2.7%. breakdown by 100 shots:

0-100 : 1
100-200: 4
200-300: 4
300-400: 0
400-500: 4
500-600: 2
600-700: 5
700-800: 1
800-900: 1

The longest run between criticals was almost 200 hits. If this is indeed 160% normal critical hit rate, then critical hits for breer m3a would be ~ 1.6%.

Interesting results, +rep and thx for posting.

Your results (though a bit short test) fit with the
0 CHA = 1% crits
10 CHA = 1%+1% = 2% crits
16 CHA = 1%+1.6% = 2.6% crits

Did you track your total hitrate? I'd be quite interested to know if you had the "normal" total hitrate of 92%, or if the enhancers bump it up to 92.6%.

0 CHA = 1% crits

Did you track your total hitrate? I'd be quite interested to know if you had the "normal" total hitrate of 92%, or if the enhancers bump it up to 92.6%.

No, I didn't really. I'd have to set the test up differently for this to be convinient too (and it would take longer).

But if it is a 1% + 1.6 % rate, then I think instead of saying "accuracy enhancers add 20% to change of criticals" it would be more correct to say that each tier of accuracy enhancers adds 0.2% to the chance of making a critical hit.

What mob were you shooting at?
(If you choose a mob that you normaly have many crits on, you should get more accurate result)

What mob were you shooting at?
(If you choose a mob that you normaly have many crits on, you should get more accurate result)

I was shooting at feffoids. I could barely do more than regen of damage to it, and it could do barely more than regen damage to me through Kobold + 2A. Made keeping track of things very easy.

No, I didn't really. I'd have to set the test up differently for this to be convinient too (and it would take longer).

But if it is a 1% + 1.6 % rate, then I think instead of saying "accuracy enhancers add 20% to change of criticals" it would be more correct to say that each tier of accuracy enhancers adds 0.2% to the chance of making a critical hit.

Who said "adds 20% to chance of criticals"?

Accuracy enhancers add 20% to CHA--that much is known. Exactly how CHA affects crit hit % (and possibly total hit % as well) is still a matter of study.

I tracked crits on a Kesmek Slo(L) fitted with the same enhancers (Accuracy I,II,III) to get to a 16/16 CHA. I did not track misses, and I determined number of attempts based on TT value used (234.61ped) and Decay (6.043pec).

According to my calculations, I attempted 3882 hits (Argos) and had 96 crits - 2.47% - just a bit lower than expectations based on reading this thread. If crits are a percentage of actual hits rather than attempts, it would be higher - and also much harder to test.

:beerchug:

Miles

I tracked crits on a Kesmek Slo(L) fitted with the same enhancers (Accuracy I,II,III) to get to a 16/16 CHA. I did not track misses, and I determined number of attempts based on TT value used (234.61ped) and Decay (6.043pec).

According to my calculations, I attempted 3882 hits (Argos) and had 96 crits - 2.47% - just a bit lower than expectations based on reading this thread. If crits are a percentage of actual hits rather than attempts, it would be higher - and also much harder to test.

Miles

Using your chat logfile, it's pretty easy to calculate how many hits you get. Just copy/paste into excel and sort. If you use a finisher, ofc you'll have to count those out.

0 CHA = 1% crits

11.2kped of data.

16 Acc I, average uses 2388
0.858 hit (HA/N_shots)
0.0209 critical (CHA/N_shots)
0.907 Adjusted hits
0.680 Adjusted damage
0.907 Adjusted damage normalized
0.024 CHA/HA

11.2kped of data.

16 Acc I, average uses 2388
0.858 hit (HA/N_shots)
0.0209 critical (CHA/N_shots)
0.907 Adjusted hits
0.680 Adjusted damage
0.907 Adjusted damage normalized
0.024 CHA/HA

So that's 85.8% of shots are hits? Or 85.8% shots are non-critical hits? Seems low in either case. Do you use only autoaim? Any estimate of stray shots? (I know I have at least a few each hunt.)

2.09% crits seems low as well--would have expected closer to 2.2%.

Not sure exactly what you mean by "adjusted hits" and "adjusted damage."

Miles

OK Coop, I went through my logs.

The only other weapons I used did less than 12.5 damage max, or more than 25 damage min, so I was able to clean up the hits and the crits to catch only the Kesmek Slo (which does 12.5 to 25 damage).

3882 attempts (calculated from decay)
3393 regular hits
98 critical hits (missed 2 tallying by hand)
3491 total hits

Normal Hit Rate: 87.40%
Combined Hit Rate: 89.92%
Crit Rate 2.52% (of attempts)
Crit Rate 2.81% (of hits)

I'm sure I took a few swings at corpses, etc, as shortblade action gets fast and furious, which would push the percentages down, but...c'est la vie.

Miles

So that's 85.8% of shots are hits? Or 85.8% shots are non-critical hits? Seems low in either case. Do you use only autoaim? Any estimate of stray shots? (I know I have at least a few each hunt.)

2.09% crits seems low as well--would have expected closer to 2.2%.

Not sure exactly what you mean by "adjusted hits" and "adjusted damage."

It's melee. There are no stray shots. I explain it in more detail in other threads, but adj hits should equal adj damage. adj hits is the sum of (H+7/3*CH)/N

85.8%=H/N
2.09%=CH/N
2.4%=CH/H

adj damage= 4/3*Sum(damage)/(Max_Damage*N)

If you wanted, you can do a comparison to decay rate vs CH effect

ah yes, another thing - on a non-maxed for hit gun the accuracy enhancer does not always give a +2 ... On my shriek basic, adding a tier 1 accuracy enhancer chnaged the stats from 2.6 / 10.0 to 3.1 / 12.0, or an increase of only 0.5. Or ~ 20% of my previous chance. Which means that as you progress, your tiered unlimited guns become more useful.

On my shriek basic, adding a tier 1 accuracy enhancer chnaged the stats from 2.6 / 10.0 to 3.1 / 12.0, or an increase of only 0.5. Or ~ 20% of my previous chance. Which means that as you progress, your tiered unlimited guns become more useful.

or to put it another way, don't put an accuracy enhancer on an unlimited gun until you've unlocked Commando, say. :D

or to put it another way, don't put an accuracy enhancer on an unlimited gun until you've unlocked Commando, say. :D

Maybe, maybe not. My testing so far breakage wise would tend to rather show that the accuracy enhancer break rate is tied to the number of criticals they make (or happen with the enhancer on), not to the number of uses with the enhancer on. In which case they would produce somewhat more criticals on unlimited guns for us low-levels and last a very long time. Time will tell.

Maybe, maybe not. My testing so far breakage wise would tend to rather show that the accuracy enhancer break rate is tied to the number of criticals they make (or happen with the enhancer on), not to the number of uses with the enhancer on. In which case they would produce somewhat more criticals on unlimited guns for us low-levels and last a very long time. Time will tell.

Care to share your data so far? That looks interesting.

I wasn't referring to breakage rate - I was referring to the economics of paying for Enhancers which give only a fraction of the expected benefit.

And you seem to be confusing number of criticals with size - if the critical benefit is only 25% (0.5 agianst 2), but happens only 12% less frequently (HA 0.0 against HA 10.0), that is a massive cost disadvantage.

I wasn't referring to breakage rate - I was referring to the economics of paying for Enhancers which give only a fraction of the expected benefit.

And you seem to be confusing number of criticals with size - if the critical benefit is only 25% (0.5 agianst 2), but happens only 12% less frequently (HA 0.0 against HA 10.0), that is a massive cost disadvantage.

I'm not sure I follow you. I have seen no difference in relative size of criticals with enhancers on or not. No evidence that you are paying for anything else than increased number of criticals.

I'm not sure I follow you. I have seen no difference in relative size of criticals with enhancers on or not. No evidence that you are paying for anything else than increased number of criticals.

OK, if you can prove that the breakage rate depends on the number of criticals, not the number of uses, then I have misunderstood.

Care to share your data so far? That looks interesting.

If the enhancer breaks on use and it has average lifetime of 2000, then on a maxed to-hit gun you get 4 extra criticals on average. On a non-maxed gun, you still get 4 extra criticals, but the ratio of enhancer to normal criticals is higher. If the enhancer counts criticals, then on a non-maxed gun it would last proportionaly longer (but still generate 4 criticals on its own most likely).

To know which is the case we would need a large database of enhancer lifetimes coupled to critical numbers and the critical chance this was all at. Initial experience points at the second one.

OK, if you can prove that the breakage rate depends on the number of criticals, not the number of uses, then I have misunderstood.

I can't prove it yet.

Back