• I'm an EFD Junkie!

Votes: 21 14.0%

• Total voters

Stutoman

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Dan Richard Baker
Ofcourse we will have to pay to visit the other planets which are coming soon, so here is a petition for the first 3 days to be free visiting the planets and then pay to stay there if you want. This would encourage more people to visit the planets out of curiosity since I doubt people would pay however much (probably 25-30ped) to travel there unless they were some of the richer players.

This would also encourage people to not make a second account for each planet which would probably otherwise happen a lot.

A friend of mine made an account recently and I told him to register it through a planet partner website so he'd receive the free starter pack from nextisland, these people should atleast get one free travel coupon.

Ofcourse we will have to pay to visit the other planets which are coming soon, so here is a petition for the first 3 days to be free visiting the planets and then pay to stay there if you want. This would encourage more people to visit the planets out of curiosity since I doubt people would pay however much (probably 25-30ped) to travel there unless they were some of the richer players.

This would also encourage people to not make a second account for each planet which would probably otherwise happen a lot.

A friend of mine made an account recently and I told him to register it through a planet partner website so he'd receive the free starter pack from nextisland, these people should atleast get one free travel coupon.

I heard this idea in another thread, I agree that there should be some sort of free travel period when each planet comes out.... a week or two maybe?

Well you do not get EFD in GEn Dis even for a poll.

on topic. not interested in other planets. as they will just be ful of bugs and everyone will moan about the bugs etc

(probably 25-30ped) ?
I think you forgot some 0's there, from CP to Calypso was 15ped already, and now it is traveling towars different companies. If their marketing is strong and will get fresh players to their planet, they wont be pleased if they were off to other planets for a buck. I think it will be 100-300 range ped.

On your idea, I think that is a great idea although 3 days is really really short.
You might want it either to last longer since not everyone has the same game scedual.
Or you might want a free retour ticket which expires 20 days after receiving the ticket or something.

plz not let the sweaters stay on calypso

pay to play or pray

why is FPC going to agree to a free transport period and see half their customers leave? Why is MA going to do that and see revenue diverted from thier subsidary to a thrid party?

will people create second accounts? probably, there are those who dont worry about the risk of their main one, and it inflates the registered account numbers which they love anyway.

You think it will be $10 to $30 dollars per trip? I doubt it. Very few people would pay that. It would take 2 months the save up if you are on the $15 a month experiment.

many...

many, many, many, many avatars that lived on Calypso for many years did not ever travel to either CND or CP due to the fees.... Do you think they'll pay to go to other planets? The world is so freaking huge now, and more and more continents keep getting added... Just give us all the most powerful TP chip, and let travel between planets be free... Give the pilots the new job of protecting space and take that job away from the imperial army - they did such a great job in stopping Hades from getting smashed after all, lol. Give the pilots their space pirates already!

many, many, many, many avatars that lived on Calypso for many years did not ever travel to either CND or CP due to the fees.... Do you think they'll pay to go to other planets? The world is so freaking huge now, and more and more continents keep getting added... Just give us all the most powerful TP chip, and let travel between planets be free... Give the pilots the new job of protecting space and take that job away from the imperial army - they did such a great job in stopping Hades from getting smashed after all, lol. Give the pilots their space pirates already!

uhm yes?:)

As a well experianced player or entrepeneur you can set economy and you will have a huge potential to make quick money there. At least that is what I think, perhaps the auction system will be like Calypso-CND in that case it is a bit rigged.
Else there will be all other kinds of supply and demands.

As Mind Ark, I would also be giving each planet different droprates on different resources to promote intergalactic economy.
Then thinks can get even more interesting so there is actually a need to go from one place to another else then perhaps some events or just get to a new planet.

Also if Mind Ark were smart they would implent quests than needs traveling to other planets, although those quests should be at least worth doing. Knowing Mind Ark as far as I know them, they are not :laugh:

And why not pay 50usd to get in a game where you potentally are uber straight away:confused:

Lets say there are a total of 100 ubers, split them and the uber pool gets slimmer and you as a mid/high lvl can be uberish yourself.

Think that enough people would pay to travel, also keep in mind that a fast or perhaps mayority of MMO players are well aged with a job.
Kid season is over, or well, the kids who play often have parents who also play.
And it is not a taboe anymore to pay for virtual entertainment. Either for use, or just to show off. It doesnt really matter..
For many it does, for many it doesnt

I have never paid to get to CND & CP . So I don't think that I will be paying to go over to the other planet's anytime soon.

There is an upside to players leaving...competition

It should be an incentive for current and new operators to generate new and unique content for players to keep them within a particular planet.

I could never see MA/FPC allow the release of a new planet prior to completing their own upgrades. If FPC content starts to lag with content updates then the players will migrate at a cost or simply create a new avatar for a specific planet.

It will be very interesting. i dont see the player base increasing in proportion to the number of planets being released which means lower profits for FPC (regained by MA's share of the other planets services) or lower PED loots for players.

Hopefully the players win in the end...

BTW i voted for a free travel period

I am very happy to pay to travel between the planets, I think it is both good and necessary - as long as the option to travel is not restricted by the actions of other players.

But, I am lost for words on how rediculous it is to channel the transport revenues to people who happen to own a hangar. And it is not a valid argument that their 'profession' or toys are not currently supported by the platform...

Hi,
[...] people should atleast get one free travel coupon.
This is what I'd like - 1 free coupon for every new planet, for every participant.

More coupons could be made available from the planet partners. Freely distributing such in the swamp camp, in Nea's, in Twins, would be a nice advertising for their planets, wouldn't it?

But for such to be possible there'd need to exist said coupons first ... No idea how to implement such when the hangars are back, and traveling fees aren't fixed anymore. Maybe every coupon hold by the pilot during the journey would be consumed & reduce 25% decay and fuel consumption of the space ship?

Have fun!

Free transport in a real cash game is nonesense and will hurt the game.

If I had a hangar one of the things I would have been hoping for is new planets and the rush of customers I would get when it arrived. Although MA are using a temp tp, this is only because hangars aren't working yet, the peds will go to hangar owners, so when you ask for free transport you either want another player to pay for you or you want MA to pay another player for you.

When enhancers were introduced did you call for crafters to give them away for free for the first week? Everything ingame has a price, if you don't want to pay then don't play that part of the game.

This is what I'd like - 1 free coupon for every new planet, for every participant.

How about 1 free coupon for every new planet for every participant that has been ingame (active) for a certain time? :) to avoid the creation of secondary accounts to harvest tickets :wise:

Also if Mind Ark were smart they would implent quests than needs traveling to other planets, although those quests should be at least worth doing. Knowing Mind Ark as far as I know them, they are not :laugh:

It is not MindArk making the quests, it is the planet partners (such as FPC) :)

Marco said something (a long time ago) about Calypso and Cyrene having intersecting storylines, and cooperating on that point... Wonder if that still is the case :)

I'm pretty sure that the other planet partners will be offering us "free tickets" to go see there planets at the start. The cost to them will be reasonable because they'll need us to start populating them.

I'm pretty sure that the other planet partners will be offering us "free tickets" to go see there planets at the start.

Ooh they could have free give-away tickets and maybe free events where ya can win tickets :D

so when you ask for free transport you either want another player to pay for you or you want MA to pay another player for you.

Actually, when we ask for free transport, we are simply asking MA to allow us to travel between their servers, which are all connected by a huge database freely... nothing more... They get paid in the form of decay, and whatever other costs they collect (maybe in the form of taxes at places like Genesis, Omegaton, etc. that have no actual LA owner, but still have taxes going somewhere..., etc.). We are simply asking a game designer to allow us to use the game they designed for us so that we can explore all aspects of it freely, especially since other avatars that start on the other planets can probably expect to explore those other planets freely... We are simply asking MA to allow us to have some of the same options available to complete n00bs that have never entered the game, but may soon enter the game on any planet they choose to start on...

FPC is seperate top MA, MA decide how much people travel for, traveling to other planets is still within MA's reach as far as revenue goes, so on that side of things they couldnt care less whare we go.

The question is, will ma get more money from us playing on multiple planets, or paying a huge transport fee that goes to the pilots causing many many players to not bother with checking out new planets.

I think you forgot some 0's there, from CP to Calypso was 15ped already, and now it is traveling towars different companies. If their marketing is strong and will get fresh players to their planet, they wont be pleased if they were off to other planets for a buck. I think it will be 100-300 range ped.

On the other hand, they will want as many people as possible to come to their planet so they will not want MA to impose a charge on travel to their planet. I think it will be free.

I agree there should be a fee for travelling between planets, after all, how much would it cost us to travel to Mars today?
It's a whole different planet, millions of miles away.
The same being so for the new planets we aren't going to appreciate that if we can just hop between them without a second thought!

As for a proposed preview system, it may just work, sort of like a visa, like we get on earth for different countries, only we purchase it whilst on the planet its self.

I do however disagree with the fees going to hanger owners, they should go in to the loot pool.

Welcome to Sweatropia, our only activity is gathering vibrant sweat from proterons. Have a pleasant stay. :D

Back