SFE Price Guide: Luna cheaper than ever!?

ACEwoK

Stalker
Society
Southern Fortress Engineering (SFE)
Jim EwoK Morris
sfe_ef_main.jpg

------------------------------------------------

SFE MONTHLY PRICE GUIDE

------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to the Southern Fortress Engineering Price Guide!

From last month, we have started posting these guides to not only SFE's monthly pricing but also to shed a bit of light on the market variations of the materials we use in order to continue bringing our armours to you. Whilst our amazing Marketing gurus are updating the SFE online catalogues, these threads will explain any of the armour prices that have changed, either more expensive or cheaper and give you, the community and our loyal patrons, an idea of the cost driver behind each price change.

Firstly, the familiar Hawkwing preamble:
As the Treasurer and manager of SFE's shops, it is my responsibility to set prices that are reasonable and fair. In order to do this, SFE undergo a once a month review of prices that is an intricate balance involving the current monthly averaged market prices, procurement prices as supplied from SFE Logistics department, success rates as dictated by SFE Crafting department and of course blue print procurement for those blueprints that have a limited life expectancy! All of this swirls around my own amazing little spread sheet and out comes the price recommendations for the following month!

So, let us take a look at the month of April 2010.

For a look at the list of older Guides here

OK Sports fans, you can all relax and rest easy and slow your racing heart rates because I'm back! Not for long though, I do go away again next month so don't get too complacent! Typically, the month of March saw many many price reductions as materials all fell in price, so that would be the month I was not available to write the guide! Such is life!

Which brings us to the new month, the month of April, cooling down for some, warming up for others... and that applies just as much to the weather as it does to the prices of resources in Entropia too it would seem. At least there was a recognisable trend to be seen in the movement of prices this month which is not always the case when attempting to watch, analyse and explain the Entropian economy!

So what was I referring to about hot and cold? Well basically this month, if a commodity is cheap or plentifully available, it's price did very little. Some went up a touch... others went down a touch... for the most part these price changes were ineffective, although for a few classes of armour the minor price drops coupled with last month's minor price drops added up to enough weight to pass on a 1/2 ped price cut here and there. However, the big movers were the materials that typically cost a lot... the Maganite, the Dunkel Plastix and the Light Metal Plating and other such materials. Some went up... some went down.. but whichever way they moved the effect was quite large, resulting in fairly large price increases or decreases. Lets look at the specific price changes then.

Price Adjustments due Material Prices

Guardian: Price Decrease, Shins, Face, Gloves and Foots all from tt+3 to tt+2.5 (Due to minor drops in Iron 110.16% to 108.63% and Cumbriz 123.67% to 120.82% and minor drops from previous month adding to a big enough drop to cut prices)

Explorer: Price Decrease, Shins, Face, Gloves and Foots all from tt+5 to tt+4.5 and Arms and Thighs from tt+9 to tt+8.5 (Due to minor drops in Gazzurdite 130.90% to 123.91% and Narcanisum 146.41% to 142.75% and minor drops from previous month adding to a big enough drop to cut prices)

Vindicator: Price Increase, Shins, Thighs, Arms, Face, Gloves and Foots from tt+65 to tt+70. Harness from tt+130 to tt+140. (Due to Maganite rising 605.92% to 669.91%)

Samurai: Price Increase,Thighs and Arms from tt+65 to tt+70. Harness from tt+70 to tt+75. (Due to Maganite rising 605.92% to 669.91%)

Dragon: Price Increase, Shins, and Arms from tt+165 to tt+185, Thighs from tt+330 to tt+350. Harness from tt+330 to tt+360. (Due to Dunkel Plastix rising 4625.28% to 5090.91%)

Luna: Price Decrease, Shins and Thighs from 250% to 210%. Harness from 225% to 210%. Arms from 255% to 210%. Gloves and Foots from 255% to 225%. (Due to Robot Flare Filters falling 567.80% to 380.81%. This represents the cheapest value for RFF, falling from 1192.01% in December, or a 771.12ped saving on a full suit!)

Lich: Price Decrease, Shins, Thighs and Helmet from 450% to 430%. Harness from 450% to 400%. Arms from 450% to 440%. (Due to Light Metal Plate falling 9349.30% to 8993.10%)

General Comments

We at SFE, believe that the current drop in rare materials, Light Metal Plate and Robot Range Finders in particular, means that both Luna and Lich represent fantastic value! You can find suits of Luna in SFE's shopping precinct, Block A, Silver Building, Treasure Island City, and also on CND shop #26. You can find suits of Lich in the SFE shop at Shop #10, Floor 1, Twin Peaks Mall.

Hawkwing
Treasurer SFE

I might add that not only is Luna (L) the cheapest it's ever been from us, but so is Lich (L)!

bump :cool:

We'd appreciate some feedback from people too :)

Back