PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: An idea for MA

  1. #31
    Guardian
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    MA
    Avatar
    Matt LostCube Tarka
    Society
    NBK Elite
    Posts
    259
    Images
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Miccey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I stoped playing, thinking "This game isnt THAT fun". Sure the RCE
    IS a cool concept but it isnt working like a stable economy.

    I started playing cause i thought it would be cool to have a game
    that simulated the RL economy but in a game, at first i thought
    hmm sweatning, not cool. But as i played more and more i found
    that if im gonna do all the cool and fun things like crafting, hunting
    and mining i need to depo. So i did, then i find that if im gonna keep
    doing these fun things i have to KEEP depo. THAT isnt cool.

    So i stoped playing all together and there ARE games out there
    that are WAY cooler then this..ArmA II for one..
    I would have to disagree. The game is working like a real stable economy. Some of the new items dropped into the game do lose their inflated value rather quickly but that is to be expected. Most items will retain their value, and most will rise based on the player base expanded and more demand being created for the limited number of very nice items.

    The Economy is also working in that those with the money, continue to make money. Those on the opposite end who are struggling to get money continue to struggle. This is very much a real example of how thing in Real Life are. I for one do not have the peds to allow things to collect in my storage to get the extra 4-8% that I would receive if I was to wait till I have 200-300 peds of that item to sell. The main problem with the economy is we don't have jobs in the game We need some way to acquire funds instead of depositing, as that is viewed as having lost out money. But in real life everything costs money. Although if you kill a chicken in real life "This Creature carried no Loot" doesn't exsist, you would still have 1 whole dead chicken...

    I think a lot of the problem is in the Balancing of the Loot. While giving someone 120,000 peds all at once for killing a creature that costs... 30-50 peds to kill is a little excessive but it drives the rest of the community to deposit more and hunt more which is the goal of MindArk. They need to get the community to continue to deposit and spend money so they may continue operating. Now if 10 people got 12,000 peds loots it would probably still drive the community to deposit (I remember when I started and seeing anything over 1000 peds drove me to continue playing, still haven't got one for myself after 4 years either). Which brings me to my point, if 100 each received 1,200 peds much more often then the entire community would be rewarded much more frequently and cashing out would be less of a drain on the economy.

    That is where I feel the real negative factor on the RCE is. When these players get these huge $12,000 (USD) loots and take all the money they can and run. If they are selling out their skills, equipment, etc. and leaving the game someone else has deposited (or got lucky and not withdrawn) in order to balance this out. Although that is still one less depositer which isn't good for MindArk either but it won't drain the economy as much as withdrawing an ATH.

    The goal for MindArk needs to shift soon. We don't need to see the ATH's quite so frequently. We know they are there and should be something special. They shouldn't occur 2 days after each uber or event mob gets put on the planet, those peds had to come from somewhere and that is the loot from hunting other mobs, crafting, mining, etc. While they are at it why don't we see more random ATH's on mobs that don't cost an arm and a leg (skillwise and ammowise) although that also presents the withdrawl problem.

    I for one am surprised that we haven't seen an ATH from Rocktropia yet, unless they really do have a completely different loot pool. Maybe a few of the Ubers are also realizing that they aren't going to get rewarded like every new uber mob that gets brought to Calypso and that is why the hunting seems to be declining as far as the global messages from Rocktropia are concerned.

    In the idea of the free game, I have ponder this also. It would be sweet to play for free, but it would be really hard to have the same appeal. If you got a free opalo and all the ammo you wanted and the drop rates were the same, you would have 100,000 peds within a few months. The value of the uber gear would be much different depending on if the drop rates were more/less etc... but you would just amass so many PEDs that it wouldn't even be fun to play anymore (well maybe after depositing for 4 years it would be fun to be an Uber for a while, killing as much as you wanted)

    It is the RCE that makes this game as awesome as it is. You have to work your way up the ranks, starting as a total Noob. You can sweat or deposit and start hunting your way through harder and harder mobs. If you get a Lucky HOF then your journey is much easier. If you have to deposit a lot to get to where you want to be then once you get that Uber HOF you will appreciate it that much more. But the ATH's are nothing more than a drain on the Economy because it is too many peds all at once, without something like LA's consistently available to suck those peds back into the economy.

    Just my 2 cents

  2. #32
    Old Alpha Lorespade's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Huntington IN. USA
    Avatar
    Spade Lores Indigo
    Society
    Not in your Society
    Posts
    1,144
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by LostCube View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would have to disagree. The game is working like a real stable economy. Some of the new items dropped into the game do lose their inflated value rather quickly but that is to be expected. Most items will retain their value, and most will rise based on the player base expanded and more demand being created for the limited number of very nice items.

    The Economy is also working in that those with the money, continue to make money. Those on the opposite end who are struggling to get money continue to struggle. This is very much a real example of how thing in Real Life are. I for one do not have the peds to allow things to collect in my storage to get the extra 4-8% that I would receive if I was to wait till I have 200-300 peds of that item to sell. The main problem with the economy is we don't have jobs in the game We need some way to acquire funds instead of depositing, as that is viewed as having lost out money. But in real life everything costs money. Although if you kill a chicken in real life "This Creature carried no Loot" doesn't exsist, you would still have 1 whole dead chicken...

    I think a lot of the problem is in the Balancing of the Loot. While giving someone 120,000 peds all at once for killing a creature that costs... 30-50 peds to kill is a little excessive but it drives the rest of the community to deposit more and hunt more which is the goal of MindArk. They need to get the community to continue to deposit and spend money so they may continue operating. Now if 10 people got 12,000 peds loots it would probably still drive the community to deposit (I remember when I started and seeing anything over 1000 peds drove me to continue playing, still haven't got one for myself after 4 years either). Which brings me to my point, if 100 each received 1,200 peds much more often then the entire community would be rewarded much more frequently and cashing out would be less of a drain on the economy.

    That is where I feel the real negative factor on the RCE is. When these players get these huge $12,000 (USD) loots and take all the money they can and run. If they are selling out their skills, equipment, etc. and leaving the game someone else has deposited (or got lucky and not withdrawn) in order to balance this out. Although that is still one less depositer which isn't good for MindArk either but it won't drain the economy as much as withdrawing an ATH.

    The goal for MindArk needs to shift soon. We don't need to see the ATH's quite so frequently. We know they are there and should be something special. They shouldn't occur 2 days after each uber or event mob gets put on the planet, those peds had to come from somewhere and that is the loot from hunting other mobs, crafting, mining, etc. While they are at it why don't we see more random ATH's on mobs that don't cost an arm and a leg (skillwise and ammowise) although that also presents the withdrawl problem.

    I for one am surprised that we haven't seen an ATH from Rocktropia yet, unless they really do have a completely different loot pool. Maybe a few of the Ubers are also realizing that they aren't going to get rewarded like every new uber mob that gets brought to Calypso and that is why the hunting seems to be declining as far as the global messages from Rocktropia are concerned.

    In the idea of the free game, I have ponder this also. It would be sweet to play for free, but it would be really hard to have the same appeal. If you got a free opalo and all the ammo you wanted and the drop rates were the same, you would have 100,000 peds within a few months. The value of the uber gear would be much different depending on if the drop rates were more/less etc... but you would just amass so many PEDs that it wouldn't even be fun to play anymore (well maybe after depositing for 4 years it would be fun to be an Uber for a while, killing as much as you wanted)

    It is the RCE that makes this game as awesome as it is. You have to work your way up the ranks, starting as a total Noob. You can sweat or deposit and start hunting your way through harder and harder mobs. If you get a Lucky HOF then your journey is much easier. If you have to deposit a lot to get to where you want to be then once you get that Uber HOF you will appreciate it that much more. But the ATH's are nothing more than a drain on the Economy because it is too many peds all at once, without something like LA's consistently available to suck those peds back into the economy.

    Just my 2 cents
    just to throw this out there on the subject of ATH's. If i am not mistaken the ATH's getting hit for the most part could be on player owned land. and on the taxed land this pays the LA investors. Just to throw that out there. it kinda changes things a bit.
    I dont need no Stinkin Gold Card. I got Lifelock.

  3. #33
    Provider cozmoz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Washinton USA
    Avatar
    Cozmoz CD Duluex
    Society
    We Are Having fun Now
    Posts
    132
    Images
    2
    Well we at least drummed up some discussion here, so even a bad idea is worth discussing :-) thanks for all the feedback everyone. Keep the brains polished!

  4. #34
    Stalker Joser's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    New Mexico
    Avatar
    Octavius Joser Rex
    Society
    Church of Lootius
    Posts
    2,285
    Blog Entries
    7
    Images
    106
    As I see it the original topic was to create a 2 separate games. One for non-withdrawers and one for withdrawers. I still fail to see how lorespade and sloe have improved on this idea.

    As for sloe's "player driven economy," umm... wtf do you think this current system is? How do you think players hoarding items and pushing items up in price is not effecting the economy? I'd say it's pretty player driven at the moment.

    Edit: I do know what constructive criticism is. I also know when an idea is feasible and worth trying to fix. I stand by my original conclusion that this idea just won't work.

    Edit 2: Something I tacked on to another post that I think is pretty relevant here:

    Quote Originally Posted by Joser View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    <snip>

    Lastly, don't assume that your opinion (ie "loot system is broken") is fact. Some people do very well for themselves in this current "broken" loot system. Don't assume that your idea of fun equates to others idea of fun. We each have our own ideas and thoughts as to how things should be, but FPC can't possibly conform to every situation.
    Last edited by Joser; 04-20-2010 at 12:55.
    Not looting the mobs you kill is a bad strategy. - Jimmy B


  5. #35
    Guardian JoseMTacoral's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Avatar
    TCNL JoseM TACORAL
    Society
    ARGENTROPICOS
    Posts
    224
    Images
    6

    another proposal

    I think the problem of having more new players requires, in first place, a change in communication strategy, with more advertising and promotion to attract them. This requires a good investment by MindArk, Planet Calypso, ROCKtropia and the rest of the planets.

    We also need those new players stay in the game and not leave it a few days of start playing because they are bored of sweating and being so underpaid for that. For this to happen the price of sweat on the market should improve, to achieve this would be increased demand from consumers. With that goal would have to return immediately, with enhancements to the VU 9.4, all the tools that use Mindforce. MindArk also should keep the top of extraction in 4 bottles at a time.

    Furthermore, in order to encourage entry and half level players I think MindArk should reduce the one or two uber HOF and distribute them in globals of 50 PED (10K Uber HoF = 200 x 50 PED global) Making more happy a larger number of players. Doing this has a big advantage for MindArk: a beginning player who receives a 50PED overall is much more likely to reinvest in ammo or equipment for mining, while the probability that a someone who receives a HoF Uber finished removing part of it to the RL is much greater.
    JoseM Tacoral
    Argentrópicos
    http://www.argentropia.com.ar
    La web en español más visitada por la comunidad
    hispanoparlante de Entropia Universe

  6. #36
    Elite LangeTobias's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Gislaved
    Avatar
    Edgewise
    Posts
    3,733
    Blog Entries
    4
    Images
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This would only be possible if the game had 2 versions. The normal version, and a free one. This would need to be 2 separate games
    I always dreamed of a free version. A version where you could get insane amount of peds/weapons/armors but nothing of it has any value... Just play, have the same amount of returns as we do right now but you can just press a button "increase peds on card" and you get another 10k peds for ammo... I want to play this game because it is fun, too bad it is a bit expensive at some points... (200k for weapons? faps?)
    If the stuff that comes out of my mouth upsets you, just think of all the things I keep to myself.

  7. #37
    Old alan0n's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Under three feet of snow
    Avatar
    Tom Kalimon Arren
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Posts
    99
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    14
    The only way I could see this working would be if they setup a completely separate in game currency and only allowed it to be used in a special TT.

    You would not be able to trade or drop this currency, that would pretty much destroy the in game economy.

    It could allow you to play the game, but nothing could ever loot, and there could be no skill gain. Or perhaps it could mark any gains made as usable by your avatar only and unable to be auctioned.

    The only thing I'm completely sure of is a system like this would have to be perfectly air tight. If there was a way to get stuff for free it would jeopardize the entire RCA. For that reason alone I doubt we will ever see it.

    But it is a fun idea.

  8. #38
    Guardian JoseMTacoral's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Avatar
    TCNL JoseM TACORAL
    Society
    ARGENTROPICOS
    Posts
    224
    Images
    6
    ¿Everything free? I think it would be a boring game. What gives emotion is just that things ingame have real value. If everything is free, ¿What would be the expectation when the the loot screen opens? no one. If the loot is not what we want we could go hunting until we get what we want at no cost. We all would have the most powerful weapon, armor and nobody would hunt anything other than the uber mobs. Boring.
    JoseM Tacoral
    Argentrópicos
    http://www.argentropia.com.ar
    La web en español más visitada por la comunidad
    hispanoparlante de Entropia Universe

  9. #39
    Guardian
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    MA
    Avatar
    Matt LostCube Tarka
    Society
    NBK Elite
    Posts
    259
    Images
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorespade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just to throw this out there on the subject of ATH's. If i am not mistaken the ATH's getting hit for the most part could be on player owned land. and on the taxed land this pays the LA investors. Just to throw that out there. it kinda changes things a bit.
    Hmm haven't looked at the ATH list too closely but..

    Aurli and Kretlin were all before (I believe) Buzz bought it, so FPC Land
    Proteron are on FPC as we are still awaiting the fabled DNA
    Longtooth = Event mob on FPC Land
    Scipulor are on FPC land
    Leviathan are on FPC land
    Mulmun Are PVP4 so FPC Land

    Daspalator is on NeverDie's CND so that one support your argument
    Hogglo and Fresquoda although smaller ATH's are Deathfiliers TI

    Crafting ATH are crafting so no one sees a cut.
    Mining would be one that actually gives some back to the player owned areas, although NeverDie would be the most benefited from this as it used to be rather turned up for the ores/enmatters.

    In conclusion I would say maximum 30% of ATH's are on Player owned LA's

  10. #40
    Provider
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Calyphox Frost Durrango
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This would only be possible if the game had 2 versions. The normal version, and a free one. This would need to be 2 separate games
    What Khoas said. Only way possible.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook