Manticore is born!

AlphaGeek

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Alpha AG Geek
Manticore is born!

With founding members spanning the globe from North America, Europe, and Australia, Manticore membership includes many long serving officers who have spent years together in the past defense of Calypso, from the robot onslaught, the search for Professors Niels Barton and Almon Duchev, and a last-ditch effort to stop the War Titan ‘Typhon’ from impacting Hadesheim.

Like the mythical beast, the Manticore Society is diverse in its composition, with all major professions in-game represented, as well as the cultural diversity in our player base. Members resumes range from settled colonists to seasoned veterans.

Our society mission in Manticore is to continue to help new players and build a society where all members share similar interests and the same values both in real life and in-game. New players, mid level and advanced players are welcome to apply for membership. However, we do not have unlimited open enlistment for new players as we want to ensure that those we choose to mentor are given the attention they deserve while learning the ways of the universe.

For more information, please feel free to contact Manticore members in-game, on this forum, or visit our web page and forum at http://manticore-society.org

The Legend of the Manticore:
From the time of ancient Greece, the name of this creature has struck fear into the hearts of those that would challenge it. Various legends differ in the exact description of the Manticore, but the beast is always a composite creature, appearing to be made from parts of the most powerful of all animals, both real and imaginary.

Last edited:
Good luck to manticore! :yay:

I don't see Trogdor's beefy arm anywhere on that thing.

I don't see Trogdor's beefy arm anywhere on that thing.

It's being kept on ice with the next beer shipment. The ice is required for burnination prevention in addition to keeping the beverage frosty while in transit.

manticore wasn't that the evil goverment organization which made the genetically altered soldiers from dark angel? lol ...

err or gl... :laugh:

Good luck with your society :)

manticore wasn't that the evil goverment organization which made the genetically altered soldiers from dark angel? lol ...

Lol! That's exactly what I thought. :p

Manticore in this instance is the legendary beast... Not the evil corporation... lol:yay:

Good luck with your new Soc guys :)

And what are you nerds talking about Alwyn? :laugh:

We deny any affiliation with the Manticore Project from "Dark Angel" television show.

We deny any affiliation with the Star Kingdom of Manticore from the Honor Harrington series of books.

Robert Beltran and Chase Masterson from the movie "Manticore" are not members, although personally I do hope that Masterson will accept my offer of a position of personal attache. Unfortunately, she has not responded to any of the 371 invitations I've mailed.

We were not on the grassy knoll in Dallas.

We are not DB Cooper.

We are Manticore.

...correction.

It's now 372 invitations. Why does the mail man look at me funny?

:laugh: Cant believe you watch that Darkangel :silly2: ME 2! :D
you must be a real girly girl :cheer: but yh agree its an evil organisation.

suggestions for your member invites:

Emerson
Lake
Palmer
Father Christmas
the Israelite
a Lucky Man
a Common Man
Aaron Copland
Modest Mussorgsky
Lenny Bernstein
Cozy Powell
Pete Sinfield
Dave Brubeck
Baba Yaga
Pizza Hut
IP Chicken
H R Giger
Emerlist Davjack
renice -n 19 17451
Dr. Robert Moog << I think he was Dutch not Swedish, but it's close enough and it can only help the loot situation
Laurens Hammond <<him what did the piana thing with valves
Lieutenant Kije
Lieutenant Pigeon
an Officer and a Gentleman
King Crimson
Flower King of Flies

..whoops, it's gone out, time for a re-light, brb...

btw - my bloke swears that Lemmy was a bouncer/roadie for The Nice in the early days (?) so that could help the loot too :)

99.999% of the EU populace are going "zomg/wtf?" at the above list

Manticore is looking forward to interacting with the people and the societies of the Entropia Universe. We hope to maintain a high level of respect from our peers in-game, and hope to create in-game friendships with as many other societies as we can.

We're really excited about our new endeavor and we look forward to growing, and hopefully prospering over the years to come.

Menace

Made me chuckle.

yeah, I should hope it did! Becasue I just noticed I fatfingered the `-n` in there, so it would crap out lol.
The -n is only for nice not the renice command :mad:

I got whipped up in to a late 60's/early 70's prog-rock frenzy and got ahead of myself it seems lol. Just goes to show that some music predates even the Epoch :laugh:

refs:
man nice(1)
man renice(1)

Just a reminder to any players out there looking for a society..... feel free to check us out at http://manticore-society.org . We are not a society that has open enlistment.... nor do we ever intend to have open enlistment.... But we are able to accommodate those we feel share the same interests and ethics as we do. So if you're a freelancer and are skilled enough to hold your own in the midst of battle.... check us out.... PM us.... maybe come on a few hunts with us and see where it leads. :cool:

Menace

Manticore Society

Damn beat me to it.

Ummmmmm, Kiri..

Dark Angel? Jessica Alba? Hello??

Yeah.... unfortunately Jessica Alba is not yet in our Manticore SOC but we're working on it. :yay:

Yeah.... unfortunately Jessica Alba is not yet in our Manticore SOC but we're working on it. :yay:

She's cute and all but you get Megan Fox and I'll be impressed.. ;)

Hey.... in this game.... ANY female avatar that's actually a REAL female IRL is a bonus. lmao :cool:

So will I. :laugh: A man can dream, though!

That being said, in addition to any Holywood goddesses that happen to play Entropia and are looking for a new Society, Manticore is also looking for quality players at mid-level and higher, as well as exceptional newcomers. If you're interested, please feel free to visit out web site, or have a chat with us in game.

Cheers!

AG

Recruiting

Manticore is is looking for exceptional players. Please visit our site at manticore-society.org. Or chat in game :)

:laugh: Cant believe you watch that Darkangel :silly2: ME 2! :D
you must be a real girly girl :cheer: but yh agree its an evil organisation.

Hell no! I just think the Jessica Alba is hot, but hey.. hollywood chicks usually have more mental problems and drama than the tnt channel.. and hell they know drama.. :laugh:

sorry for off topic had to defend myself :)

p.s. Megan Fox is to much of a slut to even fantasize about..

Back