FYI: I am in your Market Raising your Prices!

thats about the only market that is healthy enough to avoid my wrath.

Would it not make a lot more business sense if you actually did the buying up of excess inventory quietly so as not to raise the prices on yourself and have others front run you (potentially)?

I understand announcing it makes you seem cool and enigmatic, but a sucky business decision:)

And as for the funds required, guess depends on how wide you cast your net, but it may be a reasonably hefty sum that is required to corner all commodity markets, a lot more than any reasonable person would put into a game:)

Would it not make a lot more business sense if you actually did the buying up of excess inventory quietly so as not to raise the prices on yourself and have others front run you (potentially)?

I understand announcing it makes you seem cool and enigmatic, but a sucky business decision:)

And as for the funds required, guess depends on how wide you cast your net, but it may be a reasonably hefty sum that is required to corner all commodity markets, a lot more than any reasonable person would put into a game:)

You know It does make alot of sence to not say anything. But by Stating my intentions. I am playing off of the people that want to make a run at my money. And the whole process of Raising prices on myself is the process that creates a true value everyone else must adhere to. No one is going to Sell for less when they can just sell to me for more.

now telling everyone when i deside to sell back what i buy.. now thats something i should not let you guys know about.

or... its on purpose! :) Op has litttle funds left and wants other to start buying out everything so he then can sell his stock at right price. AHA! :)

or... he is clever enough and knew someone will notice it sooner or later so now he is double crosing us... AHA!!!!
(joking ofc ;)).

Falagor
:bandit:

You know It does make alot of sence to not say anything. But by Stating my intentions. I am playing off of the people that want to make a run at my money. And the whole process of Raising prices on myself is the process that creates a true value everyone else must adhere to. No one is going to Sell for less when they can just sell to me for more.

now telling everyone when i deside to sell back what i buy.. now thats something i should not let you guys know about.

Shows how little you know of the market ingame.. Plenty sell for less when they can sell for more.. thats why we have resellers. lol The second u list at 130% another will do 129.5 and the next 129.25 and so on :p gl losing money lol

Seems quite rather convoluted logic to me, this is the kind of post I would make once I have secured the supply at low prices hoping there are suckers that will raise the price in greedy hope of quick gain:) In any case good luck with the project, does not make much sense to me, but hell if it makes you happy that is all that matters:)

Shows how little you know of the market ingame.. Plenty sell for less when they can sell for more.. thats why we have resellers. lol The second u list at 130% another will do 129.5 and the next 129.25 and so on :p gl losing money lol

Ha! Shows how much you dont know about the market and human nature. OR how much you really know about me, my pedcard, and my intentions.

Ha! Shows how much you dont know about the market and human nature. OR how much you really know about me, my pedcard, and my intentions.

I know the market very very well :) try playing at my level without a deposit for 5 years. then come back and tell me u understand Eu. Unless your father is the monopoly man or some other monacle wearing millionare. I doubt you will have any impact on the market. At least long term.

right.. well i got a whole inventory worth of stuff i will sell you for 5% over market value.. where should we start?

right.. well i got a whole inventory worth of stuff i will sell you for 5% over market value.. where should we start?

toss it on the market. or keep it in your shop. 105% sounds good to me.

human nature will suck your ped card dry :) i'm not being cynical, just realistic, but as Combi sais - if it will make you happy, then go ahead with it, and gl. ))

its on the market just come by and pick it up tonight. - ; )

and feel free to clear out my shop inventory anytime.

its on the market just come by and pick it up tonight. - ; )

and feel free to clear out my shop inventory anytime.

Will do. hopefully its some good shit. :D

i sold all the good shit already. :scratch2:

maybe you can settle on the unactionables? :ahh:

Op is just distracting us... he works like goverment... if something smelly or important but should not be made public is happening then - do much rush about somthing else. If you want to cover something from publicity... go start a wulcano or drop an asteroid here and there... :).
I tell ya this market manipulation things is just a cover :laugh:.

Falagor

If you have all this PED maybe you should get yourself a planet. :silly2:

Op is just distracting us... he works like goverment... if something smelly or important but should not be made public is happening then - do much rush about somthing else. If you want to cover something from publicity... go start a wulcano or drop an asteroid here and there... :).
I tell ya this market manipulation things is just a cover :laugh:.

Falagor

I dont work for the government. not any more at least. i work for myself :D

Here H Ego

Naw it's just an ego trip. Markets equalise quickly, especially in a virtual setting - the opportunity to make any reasonable gain in a reasonable timeframe is barely worth the brain power for someone who really has money. Anyone who was serious about taking advantage would be hitting the item markets for when the tiering loss starts to bite.

Anyone have any more socket componets?

Funny thread...

Fisrt play for a few years after you gonna see how idiot is your ideas...

If you win euromillions maybe u do that otherwise you just give reason for all of people joking with u

I tried this in another game. People just continually list under your price and you end up stuck with stuff you cant sell , eventually you have to sell at break even or worse. Thats my experience anyway.

GL

or... he is clever enough and knew someone will notice it sooner or later so now he is double crosing us... AHA!!!!
(joking ofc ).
or... he just wants efd so he can sell that ;)

If you really are buying above market prices, I got a whole bunch of blueprints just waiting for you in storage! :)

i think its possible if he can afford it and has the time and patience.

for example buy up all mind essence *up to* 250%, then sell what you bought for 250% while continuously buying everything that anyone puts up for lower.

just be prepared for people to have stockpiles of this stuff who will jump at the opportunity to sell it at the inflated price ;)

Bear in mind that anything you buy off auction will be registered on the daily market value information...

Hope you're prepared for a bunch of nincompoops to come in and list stuff under that value.

I also hope you have a LOT of money to run the markets like this...

+rep for the effort

I never said i was going to buy everything. :D

I am just working on a few markets at a time. Like the enhancers crafing materials. for example.

Hmmmm Sockets are yummy.

Just dont sell your nova fragments. they wont sell. there isnt really any buyers for them.

Bear in mind that anything you buy off auction will be registered on the daily market value information...
also bear in mind that anything anyone else buys off auction is registered on daily mv... SO... you buy at 110% above mv today, someone else undersells you on auction tomorrow by a few peds, you now have what is 130% above mv... go for it.

Back