MA still hittig you with decay on a sword when you miss.

Omega Prime

Provider
Omega Dan Prime
Has anyone seen that when you miss with a sword MA is still hitting you with decay on it?
I mean swing your sword just swing it, If not aimed at anyone in a pvp or at a mob you will not see a miss reading and you will have no decay on the sword.

Now go swing at a mob and if you see the miss reading you will find that your sword still takes decay. If you miss I feel there should not be any decay as you are not putting ammo through it.

Just asking if anyone other then me has seen this?

Just feel these days I am getting decayed to death by MA/FPC :(

well for rifle pistoler etcetc works in that way too, you miss you still pay a decay on weapon and attachamnets.
Without this miss=decay the longoblade/sword will have a huge effective dmg/ped and i guess MA will don t love this at all .
But dude, i agree with you.

well for rifle pistoler etcetc works in that way too, you miss you still pay a decay on weapon and attachamnets.
Without this miss=decay the longoblade/sword will have a huge effective dmg/ped and i guess MA will don t love this at all .
But dude, i agree with you.

I can understand a gun blp or laser having decay on them when you have a miss as you are still firing ammo through the gun.
But on a sword you are not firing ammo through it and there is no decay on it when you are not swinging it at a mob.

Now go fire a gun not at a mob and you will find that the gun is taking decay as the sword will not.

Yes, I have noticed this with my TT sword.
I tested it out and noticed that I can swing my sword hiting nothing or aiming at a avatar in a non pvp and I do not get a decay for just swinging - so this is concidered a "miss".
Then I go hunt some combibos.
Full TT sword 15.80peds after breaking my sword .47peds = total Decay 15.33 to repair it
I got 7 Critz, 26 "misses" and inflicted Dmg 265 a total of 298 in swings.

15.33 / 298 a total of 0.0514 per swing ( this is correct according to what is charged and noted in entopedia.info ) so if the 26 "misses" was not in the equation then the cost of each swing would cost me 0.0563 ( this is not fair ) as the miss is not hitting anything .

You can be beyond opalo range, target a mob, swing and receive decay. Move a little left or right (no target) and swing all day without decay. :loco:

It has been tested in the past (i believe it was Slither) that when you aim in air you don't get decay, when you aim at a avatar in non-pvp also no decay but when you aim at a dead mob it would still decay.

You can be beyond opalo range, target a mob, swing and receive decay. Move a little left or right (no target) and swing all day without decay. :loco:

You are right in this. I just feel that if there is no decay on the sword when we are swing it for fun and not at a mob then why is MA/FPC hitting us with decay on the sword.

I mean if I miss I did not hit the mob and there should be no decay on the sword. It is the same as if I was just swinging it for fun then.

Don't play with sharp knives :wise:

;)

I can see the balance issue and why it is this way but logically makes no scene. :scratch2:

A miss isn't necessarily a swing in mid air, it could be that you hit but the blade was deflected by the mobs natural armour or claws etc.

For a blade not to decay on a miss would effectively give you a HA of 10, this would obviously imbalance the game.

Of course MA could change that. And of course at the price of lowering base eco on all melee. Else it would be unbalanced compared to ranged weapons. Is that what you are asking for?

And if it is about "realism", then i can only quote my niece when she started the game and watched me tank a mob*:

"You have hit that dinosaur already several times, i seen it, and it is not dead yet! That sucks, in real it couldn't survive so long."

So hereby i demand that ranged weapons should kill any mob at first or worst case second hit.

* well, "tank", it was a midlevel exo. :laugh:

Last edited:
I would also like to have 10% less decay. 10% more loot would also be acceptable.

It's all that expensive crap you buy. You just notice it more :laugh:

The fact that you don't decay in melee when you are not aimed at a mob is a HUGE advantage.

MObs in EU always seem to be moving when you tag one, they zig and zag running at you... or when a new mob runs into you and bumps you out of aim from the one you are attacking. With a ranged weapon these mob manuvers often cause missed shots... of the 'unoffical' variety. Which causes lost ammo. With melee those misses dont count against you.

If anything is unfair its mobs that run backwards and sideways causing you to miss with ranged weaponry.

JEHU

A miss isn't necessarily a swing in mid air, it could be that you hit but the blade was deflected by the mobs natural armour or claws etc.

For a blade not to decay on a miss would effectively give you a HA of 10, this would obviously imbalance the game.

No sorry to say that would not be a miss that would be a hit but with 0% damage. If I hit it's armor that is still a hit even if there was no damage a miss is a miss to me.

Should then say you hit for 0% damage not miss.

Why can't the sword be imbalanced in game to be more eco then it is?

A gun every time you shoot it has decay an and I can see that you are passing ammo through it but with a sword you have no ammo going through it.

If you miss with a sword MA/FPC need to make it to were there is no decay or rename the miss to"you have done 0% damage" in my eyes.

It is one of those things that does`nt make sense from a real world perspective as many don`t. Like missing a mob when your head is halfway into it`s body. But I see the balancing sense of it. Now just think there was a time when blades did decay when you swung them at nothing just for the fun of it! That was changed in the past few years. You feel better already now dont you? :D

To make everyone happy they should remove decay from ranged weapons when they fire without a target.

Meaning if you fire a ranged weapon it still uses ammo but does not decay the weapon or attachments.

Then also you would have to balance Mining.....no decay unless you find a resource. :silly2:

Anyone who crafts is gambling so they only need help from Gamblers Anonymous. :D

It is one of those things that does`nt make sense from a real world perspective as many don`t. Like missing a mob when your head is halfway into it`s body. But I see the balancing sense of it. Now just think there was a time when blades did decay when you swung them at nothing just for the fun of it! That was changed in the past few years. You feel better already now dont you? :D

Nope I still feel peced to death buy MA/FPC lol. :(

Like how they upped the regen on a lot of mobs in the new vu10 and they even upped the decay on my sword from what it used to be back in vu 9.4.

Ill still use the sword I like the skills it gives me but just letting all know that even a miss gives you decay.

When I started in game close to 2 years ago there was no decay on the sword when you just swing it and I remember my mentor saying when you use it on a mob and miss that it did not decay the sword. Can't say that ever tested it back then but never felt like I was being peced to death using the sword back then as I do now.

Nope I still feel peced to death buy MA/FPC lol. :(

Like how they upped the regen on a lot of mobs in the new vu10 and they even upped the decay on my sword from what it used to be back in vu 9.4.

Ill still use the sword I like the skills it gives me but just letting all know that even a miss gives you decay.

When I started in game close to 2 years ago there was no decay on the sword when you just swing it and I remember my mentor saying when you use it on a mob and miss that it did not decay the sword. Can't say that ever tested it back then but never felt like I was being peced to death using the sword back then as I do now.

It has done that as long as I have played. There have been threads on this in the past, but it certainly existed before 9.4

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/weapons/92866-melee-miss-decay.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/144451-melee-decays-when-you-miss-who-knew.html

this. if one doesnt like the answer, tough, thats what it is.

When I started in game close to 2 years ago there was no decay on the sword when you just swing it and I remember my mentor saying when you use it on a mob and miss that it did not decay the sword.

yes there was decay for a miss, always has been and you mentor was wrong. you should have tested, i know i did with my first Determination which i would have got about 3-4 years ago.

If you miss I feel there should not be any decay as you are not putting ammo through it.

Go smack a RL sword into the ground and tell us if it decayed ;) lol

So you're complaining about the "realism" of swinging and missing something when we occupy a planet that involves the absurd transportation means that we have? When we occupy a planet where robots are hell-bent on destroying us yet their AI seems set at "run at and kill regardless of taking damage"? When we occupy a planet where we can learn new skills by removing chips from other people's brains and inserting them into ours? Yeah. I'm worried about swords not being real enough here...

Edit:

There's a better than good chance that your mentor was wrong. I can remember melee taking decay on misses since my early days (Nov '05).

So you're complaining about the "realism" of swinging and missing something when we occupy a planet that involves the absurd transportation means that we have? When we occupy a planet where robots are hell-bent on destroying us yet their AI seems set at "run at and kill regardless of taking damage"? When we occupy a planet where we can learn new skills by removing chips from other people's brains and inserting them into ours? Yeah. I'm worried about swords not being real enough here...

And animals popping out of thin air, next to you, inside rocks and trees.. :laugh:

No sorry to say that would not be a miss that would be a hit but with 0% damage. If I hit it's armor that is still a hit even if there was no damage a miss is a miss to me.

Should then say you hit for 0% damage not miss.

Ok, so you're actualy complaining that it says 'miss' instead of 'hit for 0.0 damage' - who cares?

And as pointed out, you dont seriously believe I go toe to toe with a hogglo and trade blow for blow with a 1 foot dagger? Unhook you're logic and enjoy the game.

What he said, also blades are still better as you dont pay anything when you shoot to air ;)

Think before you start to complain ;p

Presumably the reasoning behind this (apart from making it consistent with shooting weapons) is that when you miss you hit the ground or a rock or something which damages the weapon slightly. This happens because you aim at the mob and miss. On the other hand, if there is no mob in the vicinity then the idea is that you are not trying to hit something just waving your weapon in the air and then you will not hit the ground with it.

ANy betetr suggestions?

Back