Are SGA Edition items an Investment?

Machina

Old
Society
The Core Collective
Le Deux Machina
A few simple questions,

Do you think they are an investment?
Do you think they will rise in MU or remain the same in future?
If you had the ped would you collect them or not?

Feel free to Discuss and explain your answer :popcorn:

ps. This goes for all SGA items

Machina

A few simple questions,

Do you think they are an investment?
Do you think they will rise in MU or remain the same in future?
If you had the ped would you collect them or not?

Machina

Your question is too broad to answer when you include "all SGA items" and you have not defined what "investment" means for you in this context.

At this point, I wouldn't consider much of anything in this game an investment, as I define it.

Your question is too broad to answer when you include "all SGA items" and you have not defined what "investment" means for you in this context.

At this point, I wouldn't consider much of anything in this game an investment, as I define it.

Huh? so what if its too "broad"? investment as in will it sell for a profit in future or is it worth the extra ped over the normal item.. etc. Its just a simple question...

invesment?

I dunno I bought a full set of sga armor that has dropped below half what I paid for it... But sure makes larger mobs easier to take even though I have no health.

That being said NO sga will EVER be dropped again I don't think price can ever actually drop anymore than where it is now... Some items will be lost in tiering process and some lost in inactive accounts

Dunno if that quite makes it an investment but I don't plan on selling my equipment anytime soon;)

Arkon

A few simple questions,

1) Do you think they are an investment?
2) Do you think they will rise in MU or remain the same in future?
3) If you had the ped would you collect them or not?

Machina

1) No - I dont consider anything in this game an investment when it comes down to items - thay can just help you not losing as bad as some other item, but they all cost money to use. Anyone stating differently is fooling himself and everyone around him.

2) At current situation in EU where gaming community is stagnating in numbers of active players while there is a tendency towards dispersing population to "planets" -> I see those items losing value more or less rapidly. Im really convinced that if MA faces failiure to achieve good planet promotion - it will give planet partners lose hands to adjust future items to their liking. They might just as well provide means to make uberweapons like 1000 dps as long as they have some normal avg dmg / pec ;) And protective items in same defence range...

3) I buy what provides me fun in EU and its cheap -> I can have semiuber L armors comprised of parts which are 115% in final markup cost and tier up cheap p5a(L) to lev 3-4 and slap damage ench on it -> hunts almost anything in here

Just my oppinion which is probably opposite of almost anyone elses :laugh:

I.

Last edited:
Imo it depends on the item. I dont see a Shogun/pixie/kobold SGA ever being a profitble investment. Some of the higher end armor/weapons might be. As every investment in EU its hard to know witch one will pay out in the end.

Good luck :cool:

Do you think they are an investment? The usefull SGA items yes.
Do you think they will rise in MU or remain the same in future? Probably.
If you had the ped would you collect them or not? Not, I use my peds for entertainment, not investment. If I want to invest there are alot of things that has less risk, will pay more and you can withdraw faster.

Some points to consider :

1. SGA items are in limited numbers... but that number decreases every month (due to the failed tiering attemps). So rare and cool SGA items will get even more rare.

2. Because of 1., it's hard (and expensive) to tier these items up! Ask yourself (in a 1-2 year perspective): do you prefer a normal FAP 50 tier 4, or a FAP 50 SGA untiered?

3. SGA items will always (or at least for a while), like Mentor edition items, be considered cool to have items.

4. The new planet phenomena adds uncertainty for all items with a markup.

A simple answer to a simple question

NO

Imo it depends on the item. I dont see a Shogun/pixie/kobold SGA ever being a profitble investment. Some of the higher end armor/weapons might be. As every investment in EU its hard to know witch one will pay out in the end.

Good luck :cool:

yeah true :)

Some points to consider :

1. SGA items are in limited numbers... but that number decreases every month (due to the failed tiering attemps). So rare and cool SGA items will get even more rare.

2. Because of 1., it's hard (and expensive) to tier these items up! Ask yourself (in a 1-2 year perspective): do you prefer a normal FAP 50 tier 4, or a FAP 50 SGA untiered?

3. SGA items will always (or at least for a while), like Mentor edition items, be considered cool to have items.

4. The new planet phenomena adds uncertainty for all items with a markup.

I Agree with your points, yeah they are pretty cool hehe :cool:

A simple answer to a simple question

NO

:eek: :laugh:

Huh? so what if its too "broad"? investment as in will it sell for a profit in future or is it worth the extra ped over the normal item.. etc. Its just a simple question...

No, its not a simple question because there is all kinds of crap out there with the sga label. You can "invest" your money in it if you want, but its crap and won't be worth it to tie your ped up in it no matter how many people burn them up teiring except maybe to one of the "collector" crowd. I've seen many people collect junk, and in the end, its just junk that they had in their storage forever and then try to pawn it off on someone else to put in their storage forever. There are very few sga items one could even consider an "investment" grade item, and even then I personally would not want to bet that they where going to be worth tomorrow what they are today based on MA's management of the game, player, and economic trends. But you go ahead, do what you want, its your money, I'm sure there are many who will help support your desire to "invest". :)

No, its not a simple question because there is all kinds of crap out there with the sga label. You can "invest" your money in it if you want, but its crap and won't be worth it to tie your ped up in it no matter how many people burn them up teiring except maybe to one of the "collector" crowd. I've seen many people collect junk, and in the end, its just junk that they had in their storage forever and then try to pawn it off on someone else to put in their storage forever. There are very few sga items one could even consider an "investment" grade item, and even then I personally would not want to bet that they where going to be worth tomorrow what they are today based on MA's management of the game, player, and economic trends. But you go ahead, do what you want, its your money, I'm sure there are many who will help support your desire to "invest". :)

Thanks for sharing your opinions :D

Back