World Cup 2010 thread

USA should have won today, there was nothing wrong with the disallowed goal, very unlucky to be denied by a bad refereeing decision.

Yes, USA were robbed.

England were awful and I fear Slovenia will knock us out.

Algeria were too lively for our side who looked like they were thinking about everything too much rather than playing one-touch football and finding space.

My World Cup 2010 summary would be as follows:

:)

My World Cup 2010 summary would be as follows:

:)

Vuvuzela power !!

Here, the cable TV owners have a option to turn off the sound of vuvuzelas.

I hope in your countries this also happens :) (though i like the sound of it :( )

I think England needs some injection of South American energy :laugh:

1 hour to go until Holland vs Japan, will the Dutch have the same problem as all the other 'big' teams and loose, or will they make sushi out of the Japanese. All I know is that I have my orange Vuvuzela and an inflatable orange fist ready to watch the match.

land_18.jpg

VS

land_20.jpg

Man, USA was so robbed yesterday, there was absolutely nothing wrong with their 3rd goal, it would be a shame if they don't go through to the next phase, they showed a very good football.

As for England, it seems they are tired or someting. They reminded me Portugal team :(.

As for vuvuzelas, i agree with Mega, fuuuuuck! Fortunately, i have the option to turn vuvuzela sound off and enjoy the normal sound of football matches, withthe cheering, chants and the public emotion.

1 hour to go until Holland vs Japan, will the Dutch have the same problem as all the other 'big' teams and loose, or will they make sushi out of the Japanese. All I know is that I have my orange Vuvuzela and an inflatable orange fist ready to watch the match.

land_18.jpg

VS

land_20.jpg

Hollands wins :) no doubt! :yay:

Couldn;t resist :)

[YOUTUBE]Pczv38Q81F8[/YOUTUBE]

Gratz New Zealand!

Not only did they get there first point ever in a world cup, they just got another!

Gratz New Zealand!

Not only did they get there first point ever in a world cup, they just got another!

Yeah, entertaining game for neutrals.

Not a very good World Cup for the big European teams so far!

Yeah, the European teams don't do great. The South American teams have taken a step forward this World cup.

Yeah, the European teams don't do great. The South American teams have taken a step forward this World cup.

if you don't count Argentina and Brazil with those teams you are right, because they didn't play to good either if you ask me. The best game I have seen so far was Cameroon - Denmark where both teams played to win and there was some fast action.

Well the Dutch qualified after just 2 games as the first country... they didn't do it with mindblowingly nice football, but the dutch did that 2 years ago and then got booted. this time the dutch will continue to show really ugly football and become world champion.. that's how Italy always did it.

BRAZIL WON !!!!! WOOOT! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

This was one of the nicest matches today :)

Well the Dutch qualified after just 2 games as the first country... they didn't do it with mindblowingly nice football, but the dutch did that 2 years ago and then got booted. this time the dutch will continue to show really ugly football and become world champion.. that's how Italy always did it.

Lets hope you are right

Yeah, the Dutch clawed out the results. They weren't exactly convincing though, think they'll need to improve.

BRAZIL WON !!!!! WOOOT! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

This was one of the nicest matches today :)

Yeah, there was some very nice play in that game. Also a ridiculous moment of cheating with two handballs to make one goal. Also some nasty fouls and a lot of playacting on both sides.

It was an enjoyable match to watch, but I wouldn't call it a great advert for football.

Still, Brazil look good. Could be hard to beat.

Strangely, I am more absorbed by the happenings in the French team... wow. Has anything like this happened before in a World Cup setting?

Strangely, I am more absorbed by the happenings in the French team... wow. Has anything like this happened before in a World Cup setting?

Shocking yeah. There was the Roy Keane thing with Ireland, but that's not quite the same scale.

Well...since Sweden is not in it, my heart goes out to Denmark! So who's with me?? Lykke?? :yay:

Portugal vs North Korea @ 11:30 GMT

i bet portugal is gonna win :yay: :yay: :yay:

(i hope so man :scared: )

Portugal vs North Korea @ 11:30 GMT

i bet portugal is gonna win :yay: :yay: :yay:

Good prediction. :)

Darn, I had Nani in my Sun Dream Team but I think he's out for the rest of the World Cup?

http://www.dreamteamfc.com/worldcup/

Still, got Fabiano also and he looks a good buy.

When the transfer window opens which of the Portuguese goal scorers should I pick to replace Nani please?

(this question is mainly aimed at Portuguese members of EF) :)

Good prediction. :)

Darn, I had Nani in my Sun Dream Team but I think he's out for the rest of the World Cup?

http://www.dreamteamfc.com/worldcup/

Still, got Fabiano also and he looks a good buy.

When the transfer window opens which of the Portuguese goal scorers should I pick to replace Nani please?

(this question is mainly aimed at Portuguese members of EF) :)

err, you got pretty much scammed

Nani is not in the world cup. so yeah

Back