POLL: Should MA spend our money upgrading entropia or upgrading castles??

Should MA spend our money upgrading Entropia or Castles?

• Wohoo: Castles!

Votes: 112 28.0%
  • Wohoo: Entropia!

Votes: 200 50.0%
  • Wohoo: EFD!

Votes: 88 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
> It is not that odd for a company to invest in real estate (and thus avoiding paying a lot of taxes on their financial gain.. it is actually a rather smart move)
And thus benefitting us at the end.

> The question is, if it was a good business decision. Maybe it would have been more intresting to invest 1.5 m euros to participate in eg. E3 or other big game conventions. ... to make a their business more succesfull. Investing it, means less taxes as well. SO I really don't get this from business perspective..

I dont care what MA spending the money at so far they dont does it with the loot pool money.:D

In other words they said that all would go back to the players exept for a reasonable pay check to the ones that working with managing it.

Decay only :D

oki i did a short stalking trip with tom to the "ex white now yellow castle"

and after 1/2 hour of searching for the "gnomenstieg 4" lootius gave me a sign

oki so 5 mins of walking and 200 millions biting ticks later over a path .... uhmmm how can you call it :confused:
... nrr choose your own words ;) (i would say its the path to chucks hideout :laugh:)

so we finally made it to loot pool server door

sincerely your all seeing stalking eye Lina tora Luned *over and out*

maybe ill do a trip next week again, to take some photos of the whole mansion as possible as i can do

Holy crap, 1.5m € for an appartment of that size? Fook! Mine is twice as big and 10 times cheaper :D. Or you meant the original buy, not including the restauration expenses?
I ment original price. Gotta move...

its not our money, after we spended it is MAs money and they can do what they want with that, if they spend it on castles or give their CEOS 5 Million $ as wage --> i dont care

Seriously, at least in my country you can't touch the outside walls, unless they need to be restored and painted, but never demolished. Look at the pic. The only thing left intact was the top of the main tower. Historical buildings are under strict arquitectural rules, and even the insides have to be respected. If this was authorized by the municipality, i'm disapointed. If not, then i bet they will be sued by the state :D.

It's not a real castle, like in "historical German castle", and thus not protected. According to the linked article from 2004 about the estate auction, it was build by a rich industrial entrepreneur back in the days as his private mansion. It's nothing but the former home of a rich egomaniac. :D

MA got caught up in the whole world wide real estate debacle :eek:

Ahhhh well what can one do but laugh :laugh:

Nice to see where my money went hopefully it bought a nice sturdy gargoyle for that castle.

Yeah I know I quoted myself but just to be clear my post was a joke. MA can do what they want with the money they make. Would I rather they not nickel and dime their player base? Yeah but we deposit and play given what it is, if a person can't bear that then its possible to leave and regain some expense.

Really though Marco buy a nice Gargoyle and name it Drak for short :D place it where it can guard the threshold lol man that would warant a trip to Germany from me lol.

Ahhh well if I had the cash I would probably by a Castle as well lol

Posted via Mobile Device

VU12, Return to castle Entropiastein 3D :D

Running on RealLife Engine Too ! :laugh:

Now with this real estate crisis, I`m afraid they might not be able to sell it for much profit, if any. I can understand why it seemed pretty good idea back in 2006.
Have some acquaintances that used to do same business MA tried, buying cheap damaged property in Germany, restore and resell. Castles such as these and similar realestate who used to belong to the old aristrocracy were cheaper and better business then to buy property in Romania.

Last edited:
I know this castle and a friend of mine was in this auction too. And i can tell that MA bought it for a apple and a egg (meant it was cheap as hell). For sure a lot of invest was needed to refurbish it, but IMHO it was worth every €.

The location of this castle is very excellent. Its on the border to Dresden, a big town with a lot of old culture, a few minutes to the next highway. Its a rich ass living area, and the castle is on the slope of the Elbe valley with an superb view over it.

I am pretty sure that MA can sell or sold it with a high profit, beside the housing bust. Estates like this are Diamonds, rare to find. Gratz to this deal, MA !

Its IMHO very smart from MA to do such invests instead paying big taxes. This means keeping the money for the company, and not blowing away without any use. Judging fast without knowing the background is easy. Maybe they had to should hire one or two programmers more to be faster with the CE² or buying new servers or something like this. But good programmers are hard to find, and maybe the servers wasnt written off in the books.
A good deal out of ordinary - why not ?

This castle thing, if not a joke, is entertaining for sure.

The question is: Are we, the players, reselling like MA does? Or MA is reselling like their playerbase do every day? :D

I just hope it's for the good of Calypso and Entropia. Any info about the MU of the item in the auction history? :rofl:

I admit I did not read all the replies... but once we hit the button to deposit, it is no longer "our money". They can do whatever the heck the want with it. Before someone says something like "No!! It's on my PED card!" Remember, you bought PED with your RL money... so not quite.

After I get an ATH and withdraw, that would be like asking "What should I do with MA's money?" Once it is withdrawn to my account, it is mine.

I admit I did not read all the replies... but once we hit the button to deposit, it is no longer "our money". They can do whatever the heck the want with it. Before someone says something like "No!! It's on my PED card!" Remember, you bought PED with your RL money... so not quite.

After I get an ATH and withdraw, that would be like asking "What should I do with MA's money?" Once it is withdrawn to my account, it is mine.

Actually, according to MA's accounting department, our PED is still our money as long as it is on our card, or held in the TT value of our items. (The full TT of all items and PED on an avatar is accounted as a liability on their books)

...I would spend it on fast cars...loose women comes with em! ;)

... or sometimes in 'em. LOL

I wonder if MA had some wild idea like a contest where the winner would win an in-game castle as well as the RL version and it just went wrong... or if they were looking at it as in investment... or corporate retreat...or whether my earlier comment about Jan's cosplay lair was closer to the truth. LOL

Actually, according to MA's accounting department, our PED is still our money as long as it is on our card, or held in the TT value of our items. (The full TT of all items and PED on an avatar is accounted as a liability on their books)

Nice find :thumbup: I find it interesting (and odd) that they would account for it in that way. I can guess they do it like that because we can (in theory) hit the withdraw button whenever we want and therefore, FPC cannot count on those funds being there for a long term.

I always considered my deposit was actually a purchase of PEDs... think to drink Beer and re-think a few things...

Nice find :thumbup: I find it interesting (and odd) that they would account for it in that way. I can guess they do it like that because we can (in theory) hit the withdraw button whenever we want and therefore, FPC cannot count on those funds being there for a long term.

I always considered my deposit was actually a purchase of PEDs... think to drink Beer and re-think a few things...

I do find it interesting myself. It is the same method of accounting done bank depositors. The way a bank does business is they bring in X amount of money from a savings account, or other investment media, then they loan that money out (several times over). The loan notes are accounted as assets, and the deposits are accounted as liabilities, since the bank is responsible to pay the investor their full amount of deposit on demand. The differences in our particular scenario is that the bank in this case is MA, we never ever ever earn interest on our cash, and their banking license was revoked. LOL

/mod note/ necro of old thread

Forum Rules said:
3.5 - Necroposting
Pointlessly bumping of dormant, inactive threads causes confusion for other members and visitors who may not notice the original thread post date. A thread is considered inactive if there have been no replies in the last four (4) months. Posting in an inactive thread is strongly discouraged, unless there is a very good reason for reactivating the thread. If you feel an issue or topic from an inactive thread deserves renewed discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum or subforum.

:locked:

Status
Back