Event: The Battle For Power (July 2010)

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Entropian Events and Qetesh present

The Battle for Power

It's a new month and time to continue the Battle for Power - 13 government places are available to be won, with a share of the taxes as a reward!

The competition takes place on Outback Land Area 29, Longu Kingdom. This area is to the northwest of Bilton Towers TP or south of Emerald Lakes. The mobs spawning here are mid-level Longus (mainly Guardian-Alpha).

ola-29_map.jpg

This Month's Government

Magistrate
Moraine Lynn Troskald

Knights
Cozmoz CD Deluex
Archie Clipper Moonsail

Council Members
Ian goose Macdonald
Ogulak Da Basher
Ajax 80 Tennyson

Next month's government will be chosen at the end of July. The new government will receive 33% of the total profit from the land area over the following month.

Rewards

The government consists of a Magistrate, two Knights and ten Council Members. The 13 members of the government share 33% of the profit earned from OLA-29 during the month in which they hold power.

The Magistrate will automatically get a fixed 8% of the total profit. The Knights will get 2.5% each. The Council Members will get 1% each. The remaining 10% will then be split amongst all the members of the government in proportion to their points for the month. For example, if the members of the government have 1000 points in total and you have 200 points, you would get 20% of the 10%, so 2% (in addition to the minimum) of the total profit.

Government Titles to Claim

• Magistrate (1): 8% share
  • Knights (2): 2.5% share
  • Council Members (10): 1% share

How to Gain Power

You must prove yourself worthy of a seat on the government by scoring globals or HoFs on OLA-29 and posting them in this thread.

Points scored are equal to the PED value of the global or HoF, up to a maximum of 400 points for each one. So, for example, a 62 PED global scores 62 points, and a 1341 PED HoF scores 400 points.

Only your 8 highest globals/HoFs will count towards your final score. However, for the purposes of calculating the additional tax share, all globals count towards your total, not just the Top 8. So even if a global doesn’t improve your score, you should still post it in order to increase your share of the tax.

At the end of the month, the player with the highest score becomes the new Magistrate, the next two highest scorers become Knights, and those in positions 4-13 become Council Members.

At the start of each month everyone's score is reset to zero and the Battle for Power begins all over again.

Mining

Both hunting and mining globals can be posted, but no more than 4 of your top 8 globals can be from mining, and there is a cap of 300 points. So, for example, a 365 PED mining HoF scores 300 points.

Teams

Teams and solo hunters can take part in the contest. A team must have the same name throughout the entire event, and screenshots must be posted by the same person each time.

You may play as a solo competitor and also host or be part of a team, but your solo and team scores will be separate and can not be added to make a single larger total.

Bonus Points

Should you happen to meet a government member on the land area with a status higher than your own, you can gain 2 bonus points by typing in the chat box "Hail, Your Greatness!", clearly identifying the person, and taking a screenshot.

The person you hail will also gain 1 point for allowing one of their subjects to speak to them :D

Bonus points are in addition to the points scored from your top 8 globals.

Additional Prizes

Each week a 50 PED prize will be awarded to the competitor with the most points scored during that week (top 8 globals plus bonus points). The dates for this will be:

• Week 1: July 1st - 10th
  • Week 2: July 11th - 17th
  • Week 3: July 18th - 24th
  • Week 4: July 25th - 31st

Payment Times

Meetings will be held every month for government members to collect their share of the taxes or additional prizes. The rewards will be given out by Qetesh at Nea's Place TP.

This month’s meetings:

• Thursday 5 August, 1800
  • Sunday 8 July, 2000

Other Rules

1. Screenshots must be posted within 48 hours of the time shown in the chat window. During the last 24 hours of the month, no screenshots older than 2 hours will be accepted (note that this also means that a global scored at, for example, 23:12 on the second-last day must also be posted within 2 hours).

2. To be valid, all screenshots must clearly show the global or hail message, the location and the time in your chat window, the name of your avatar or team and a map confirming your position inside the land area.

3. Please do not edit your posts! If you have something to add, make a new post. Edited posts may be disallowed.

4. Globals are only valid if scored within the boundaries of OLA-29. Globals on creatures not spawned by the DNA will not count.

5. When you hail a person for bonus points, you may not hail that person again within 24 hours.

6. If a team holds a place on the government, it is not possible to score bonus points by hailing a member of the team, and teams can not score bonus points by hailing others.

7. Tax shares will be paid to the government members, or in the case of teams, to the person who posted their screenshots. If you need someone else to collect your share for you, please tell Oleg or Qetesh in advance. If you are unable to attend any of the prize meetings, please contact Qetesh to make alternative arrangements.

8. In the event that there are not enough competitors to fill the 13 places in the government, these positions will stand empty for the month and their portions of the tax will be divided equally amongst the members of the government.

9. The judge of this competition is Oleg Oleg McMullery. In the event of any dispute, Oleg’s decision is final.

10. We reserve the right to disallow any entries in the case of suspected PhotoShopping or other foul play.

Best of luck to all that participate!​

Last month's competition: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/189662-event-battle-power-june-2010-a.html

Last edited:
How big are the longu? Any young's or matures? :)

How big are the longu? Any young's or matures? :)

Like it says:

The mobs spawning here are mid-level Longus (mainly Guardian-Alpha).

EDIT: Actually I think they're a bit smaller these days, more like Provider-Guardian, I should change the blurb :) Perhaps regular BfP hunters can let me know how best to describe the current maturity.

Here is my first entry:

Frydoh Lakarin Lakarnough

#1 - Longu Old - 100ped - 2010-07-01

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Like it says:

EDIT: Actually I think they're a bit smaller these days, more like Provider-Guardian, I should change the blurb :) Perhaps regular BfP hunters can let me know how best to describe the current maturity.

Actually Oleg, the maturity of the current Longu is ranging from mature to old alpha. As of this mornings hunting. :)

161, 105 ped to start the month :)

Typicaly, after 700ped spent i global on an Equus... Guess they dont count or do they?

No, Equus don't count as specified in this rule:

4. Globals are only valid if scored within the boundaries of OLA-29. Globals on creatures not spawned by the DNA will not count.

Sorry, I hope you have better luck with the Longu next time :)

Ok, thx for clarification Oleg.

Still i'm wondering what that big group of prowler/stalker equus have searched on that spot there.

This month's prize meetings will be:

• Sunday 4 July, 2000
  • Tuesday 6 July, 1900

I'm away from home at the moment and don't have the figures available but I'll post details of the prize amounts tomorrow after I get back.

a nice 73 ped mining with no amp on :)

119,96,71,65 ped

#1. Longu Old 74 PED

Good luck everyone! :)

Scores and prizes

Current Overall Scores

1. Cozmoz CD Deluex: 672 points
2. Frydoh Lakarin Lakarnough: 100 points
3. Archie Clipper Moonsail: 74 points
4. Alex Lan Mojave: 73 points

Prizes for June's government were as follows:

Dorlune Dor Themage: 31.27 PED
Alex Zhulkov Zhulkov: 14.88 PED
Moraine Lynn Troskald: 10.19 PED
Romi impi Tinkels: 4.22 PED
We Are Having Fun Now: 3.75 PED
Angelina F1r3 Blade: 3.61 PED
Roy Roy Tyrell: 3.56 PED
Longu Killers: 3.16 PED
Stefan 008 Bond: 3.14 PED
Rhagnar Rhag Thormilium: 3.10 PED
Cozmoz CD Deluex: 3.09 PED
Alex Lan Mojave: 2.86 PED

Don't forget the meeting tomorrow at 1900 where you can collect your prizes.

Important News

Due to reduced interest and falling income the Battle for Power will be ending after this month.

The current government will receive their share of taxes from July as usual.

The new government (i.e. this month's winners) will also receive 33% of the taxes from July, not from August as would normally happen. This means that there will be no need for them to wait a month before collecting prizes as usual. It also means that they will receive revenue from a month when the event is taking place, instead of a month when there is no event, which should be to their advantage.

Thank you to everyone who's taken part in the Battle for Power while I've been running it, and especially to the regulars who have kept coming back every month - without you the BfP would probably have ended long ago.

I hope you'll make this last month one to remember :)

Oleg could you please give my wopping tax money to dorlune :)

We're still going and we still have prizes - the next three weeks or so will be your last chance to take part in EU's longest-running LA event so come and be part of it :)

hety oleg add some fertilizer, you droping maturity each day and is harder and harder to global there

#2. Longu Old 71 PED

Stuck in the 70's! :dj:

hety oleg add some fertilizer, you droping maturity each day and is harder and harder to global there

Noted, thanks, I've asked Qetesh to check it out.

#3. Longu Mature 104 PED

#4. Longu Old 99 PED

Week 1 Results

1. Cozmoz CD Deluex: 788 points
2. Archie Clipper Moonsail: 145 points
3. Frydoh Lakarin Lakarnough: 100 points

Current Overall Scores

1. Cozmoz CD Deluex: 839 points
2. Archie Clipper Moonsail: 348 points
3. Frydoh Lakarin Lakarnough: 100 points

Grats to Cozmoz on winning the first 50 PED of the last month of BfP! He has the overall lead too - can anyone catch him?

#5. Longu Old 63 PED

Back