Mice: Wired vs. Wireless

What is your favorite type of mouse for gaming?

• Wired

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Wireless

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I use only a keyboard

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

SamNinja

Dominant
Sam Ninja Titan
Taking gaming into consideration, what's your preference?

EU doesn't require high mouse response time, so whichever you are comfortable.

Other online fps games do however, so if you are into those, stick to wired.

I use an IBM mouse 400dpi, works fine for everything : P

I do just fine with my mouse and I even play several FPS games, I use a MX1100 cordless and love it.

I don`t see a trackball option! Switched years ago and never looked back. Never had shoulder or wrist pain again either. ;)

Wireless mice tend to run out of batteries always then the heat is on - with wired there's no problem of recharging or changing batteries :D

Wireless mice tend to run out of batteries always then the heat is on - with wired there's no problem of recharging or changing batteries :D

If the batteries on any Logitech run out on you during battle, you are doing something wrong. The Logitech mice come with a software utility that allows you to fully customize their buttons and also monitors the battery life, sending warnings once the battery is at 5% power or less. Considering that the 2xAA batteries you use for my mouse will last 4-5 months, that means you are getting warning messages for a few days. I've also had Logitech's MX Revolution with the internal rechargeable battery, that one would last for 4-5 days of 5-8 hour usage periods, that one would warn you hours in advance. Not only that, but all wireless mice they make have a digital display that shows the battery status right on the mouse.

Just depends on the manufacturer - I've never lost power at a bad time because I always know my battery level. The big contender in this poll is more of the response time difference.

this one:
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900
20100607_001.jpg

Razer Naga

Generally the wired mouses have a lighter click, and weigh less, from my experience, so wired is the way to go for gaming in general. Less important for some though, mainly important for shooters/any fast paced games.

I don`t see a trackball option! Switched years ago and never looked back. Never had shoulder or wrist pain again either. ;)

They're pretty cool, but I can't use em at all for shooters. :D

Wired wins by far

• there's always a chance that some other device interferes in the communication between keyboard/mouse and the PC.
  • the battery and transmitter are not weightless. Obviously, that's not a problem for keyboards as you don't move them around all day.
  • you lean back in your chair and play on your armrests and for some reason somebody walks between you and the PC which blocks transmission

Well, for wireless you don't need a cable (duh) and so nobody can trip over it, but to me that's no reason to use wireless equipment.

Is that a phone??? ;)

Logitech VX Nano rulezz!

I use a Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse, programmable buttons + a logitech G15 ftw.

Logitech G7 cordless 2000dpi Laser Mouse

It´s getting old so I might look in for an upgrade but so far It runs smooth. It comes with two removable Li-Ion battery packs so 1 is always fully charged.

A bit of topic but for keybord I have this one.

Logitech diNovo Edge Wireless Keyboard

It´s a bit expensive but its the best of the best, just love it :wtg:

Wired right here. I highly dislike wireless anything.

Back