Starting new investment fund!!

mmabigshow

Alpha
MMA Big Show
No, I'm kidding. haha
I know some of you loaded your guns and were already aiming before you clicked the thread. haha

Reading through the forums makes EU sound like a graveyard nowadays. MIA Bank owners, properties being dumped.

Was it the new graphics update? The real world economy?

Even though I was hated by some of you, I enjoyed my time in EU. I came to the game knowing nothing, I made a few grand in RL cash in a couple of months and cashed out all but a grand worth of stuff. I just didnt have the time.

There were a group of you that I really enjoyed talking to though and I'm curious how your properties have done. Mikass? You still around? How are things?

Well, it's a shame to see the state of EU not doing so well. Any ideas on whether there is a chance for a turn around or could things really be slow due to the season?

Wish you all the best.

IMHO the opportunity for a turnaround has come and gone. This is the epilogue.
Flame away!

Well i have a completely different outlook.

Things are moving at a faster pace then they have in the last 5 years. And while a lot of the things being added are revamps of old systems, or adding missing old systems to the crysis engine. There has still been buncha new stuff, like missions, vehicles, tiering items, new planet(soon to be planets), etc.

I havent noticed a drop off in players, and while the economy has taken a hit, its not as bad of a hit compared to the state of the real world economy at the moment.

With that said i wish things would move even faster, but its still much faster then we had in vu 9.

Oh, another one of *those* threads, get ingame and look around. Then post something intelligent...

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sarcasm and hypocrisy are both good friends of mine.

Well, it's a shame to see the state of EU not doing so well. Any ideas on whether there is a chance for a turn around or could things really be slow due to the season?

Not sure what your source for the "sky is falling" future, I tend to belive this guy over your intel.

Understandably there are some questions raised due to the annual report. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the FPC part - yet. What I can say is that the future for FPC and Planet Calypso is looking brighter than ever.

You believe Marco? He's a PR guy, a spokesperson, of course he's going to say the future is looking brighter than ever, no matter how it actually looks. I mean, can you really see him saying that the future is bleak and EU is in serious trouble?

You believe Marco? He's a PR guy, a spokesperson, of course he's going to say the future is looking brighter than ever, no matter how it actually looks. I mean, can you really see him saying that the future is bleak and EU is in serious trouble?

Ofc not. It is his job , his company, his invesment ... Heck its even our invesment with all the peds we depo to it. So why should we say its all bad and stuff. Doesnt attracted potential players then reading this.

From what I understand Frank handles the PR now...

EU future is indeed brighter then ever... just look around...

In the near future MA is selling Calypso, this means that they wont have to spent money on Content development (it is the most time consuming and therefore the most expensive type of development).

MA will only handle the platform development, they will finish the old systems and from there just keep adding new stuff, probably demanded by the rest of the partners (some new system that they need for their planet/planets/space stations).

If you think about it, the partners will spent their own money on developments and MA will still get their money with less expenses. Not to mention that planet partners will have to pay for their on publicity.

From where MA is standing it's a Win Win, less expenses and more money. How can that be a dark future?

Just wait until the other planet partners open their planets. You will see a new golden age on EU.

On behalf of all the bad feeling, arguments, locked threads, badly run sales threads, alt accounts in Entropia and EF (some of which I still believe you owe ped from) and all the rest of the general unpleasantness that amazingly disappeared when you left......

I give you this:

gtfo_.jpg

:handjob:

Its such a shame because in game I never had as much fun as now! The graphics look great the system has no lag and the bugs are not anything you would notice without looking for it XD

Not sure what your source for the "sky is falling" future, I tend to belive this guy over your intel.

Right :rolleyes:. He forgot one little detail: who's future?

Oh yeah... and I agree with Mega.

No, I'm kidding. haha
I know some of you loaded your guns and were already aiming before you clicked the thread. haha

Reading through the forums makes EU sound like a graveyard nowadays. MIA Bank owners, properties being dumped.

Even though I was hated by some of you, I enjoyed my time in EU. I came to the game knowing nothing, I made a few grand in RL cash in a couple of months and cashed out all but a grand worth of stuff. I just didnt have the time.

There were a group of you that I really enjoyed talking to though and I'm curious how your properties have done. Mikass? You still around? How are things?

Wish you all the best.

u made only a grand? thats it and ur bragging? truly an noob. dont quit ur day job lol and u wanted people to donate funds so YOU can make money for them. pathetic.

No, I'm kidding. haha

Wish you all the best.

You did well here MMA,
A few grand from absolutely nothing is good.

As far as the turn around goes, hmmm, a lot to be seen first I guess.

Lol. Nice intro to this thread. I've got a few dung, some sweat, and efd to go in to your fund. ;)

Welcome back. Would be interesting to see you in game more. Things are looking bad to some now, BUT what it really is is a side effect of the real world economy's tanking. Now that the real world economy is starting to slowly come back, and people's faith is too, things are slowly turning around.

Additionally, you have to know for a fact that it's summer. EU economy slumps in summer normally due to the fact that many participants have things like lawns to take care of, summer jobs in between classes, etc. Now that Fall is upon us, things are improving, and will likely continue to improve. In the last 2 weeks I've seen more sales in my shop then I have in the last two months!

(pssst... there's 2 shops in the same building as mine that are up for sale now - check the sales threads - Sidney's is next door to mine and Infinity's is in another wing. Building is right next to the TP, and this place is a heck of a lot closer to civilization then the last place you messed with.)

The conversion to CE2 did make for some troubling times, but things are getting better daily. Bugs are being recognized and quashed daily.

When all is forlorn, then hope is born.

You must extremely luck and extremely efficient to make that much money in such a short period of time. Or you deposited. Either way, gratz on that.

As for the angry ramblings of the anti-"whiner" cult, who complain about anyone who criticizes EU, even legitmately; shut up. Reality, or in this case, virtual reality, may be bleak, but an honest assessment of the state of the game is better then mindless cheerleading, bring up the hopes of newbies, only to have them dashed, have them get utterly disgusted, quit AND spread ill will towards the game.

At least those reading the ciritcisms will understand the game has issues, so they will know what to expect when they get inside. That's how we GET the large number of hard working individuals in the community that we have always had. The healthy doses of virtual reality sift out the get rich quick crowd, for the most part.

Now on to said bleak dose of virtual reality.

As I have stated previously in the month, the EU economy as it stands, might as well be dead. For those of you who need a history lesson as to why this is so; and how it used to be, here we go.

There used to be LOTS of active trade cities; now this is before we even had CP. The common trade network was Port Atlantis, Fort Troy, Fort Ithaca, Jason Center/Centre, Nymphtown, and Twin Peaks.

Port Atlantis handled newbie gear, and low level mineral sales. Nymphtown was the major miner's sale point, you wanted large quantities of minerals/enmatters, you went here. Twin Peaks was the highend guns and armor point. Fort Troy, Fort Ithaca, and Jason Centre, you picked up some combination of the above, as well as other various wares.

There were a number of small changes that made things harder, running speed changes for one. Adjustments to hit ratios on weapons, decay, etc. However, the biggest blow to the economy was the introduction of the "no loot" mob.

Why was this so bad? Two reasons, one it meant that hunters needed to hunt longer to increase the odds of success, this means the need for more money, making the amount of active mid to high level hunters drop. Two, because the supposedly increased loot for loot carrying animals was an effing LIE. Loot did not improve in fact in many cases, particularly on mid level mobs it was worse.

Without hunters, there was no incoming gear, no incoming gear meant that existing gear became more valueable, and that crafters took hold of the gear market, both things meant inflated prices. Now for the crafters, it was great for a while, and that picked up some of the economic slack for a bit. But slowly, people just started running out of the money to afford, anything but the cheapest stuff.

This in turn damaged the miners, who were additionally suffering from changes in the frequency and sizes of deposits; a variation of the "no loot" mob. If crafters stop crafting because they can't sell what they craft, people stop buying minerals. These two things, deposit adjustments and lack of demand, crushed the mid-level miner, if not most miners in general.

Enter the reseller. I don't mean your average street merchant who buys and sells for a couple % under and over. I mean the guys you see now who take advantage of desperate miners and hunters, buying for sometimes 5-6% off the market price, and they buy EVERYTHING. Thus they consolidate the remaining wealth floating about into hoarded pockets of the few that eventually dissipates into MA's hands through decay; thus tightening the noose of poverty.

Sweat gathering did little to alliviate the problem, if anything at all. The sweat cap provided incentive for higher prices for a time, but with it removed, the price will inevitably drop to 1 PED/k in time, if not lower. The problem remains, the "no loot" mob. Gather 4-5k sweat, after several days of work. Buy a cheap a gun in ammo, lose everything in a short hunt, unless you are extremely lucky. Two options, rage quit, or back to the sweat fields and gatherer for even longer periods, rinse and repeat.

(L) items didn't help much either, because while the items did improve efficiency, the mid level individual couldn't continuously afford to replace their items+markup. It was a non-starter, that only managed to drive the inflation on non-(L) items even HIGHER. Once again, short economic injection that lost steam because the original problems killing the economy were not fixed.

The combination of all these things over time annihilated the middle class from our society. The number of active trade cities dropped from the above list to PA and Twin Peaks, to now, just Twin Peaks, with minor trading in Ithaca and the Sweat Camps. The sort of trading you find at said locations are usually just sweat, and resellers. Every other city is practically deserted.

Now, why was the middle class wiped out? Simple. Most of them were non-depositors who had, by various means, found ways of building wealth. To MA, who at the time believed in solely slash and burn, short term profits, and who only worshiped investors(ubers); the middle class was an infestation of leeches. What the morons did not realize was that those leeches made demand for the economy, produced decay just like anyone else, and moved money around, keeping things vibrant and flowing.

Now, of course this is an incomplete history, lacking in all the specfic cases of economic stupidity. However, it is a clear enough picture of why we are where we are now. So do not tell me EU is doing "fine" because it's not. That said, if the level of fairness with which cars were implemented is applied to other new content, and GAMEPLAY adjustments are made to hunting and mining to return them to a somewhat less money intensive form; then there's hope.

I don't complain because I dislike EU, I complain because I want to stop seeing its potential wasted. This is THE BEST sci-fi game platform I have ever seen. It's a fabulous idea, you just need to stop letting the accountants make all the frigging decisions. Accountants should NEVER make long term decisions, I took an accounting class, the stuff brain washes you into translating people into numbers, and it doesn't work in the long term.

There are no more notches on our belts to tighten. No more "ones for the team" to take. We are running on fumes, because honestly, only people high either on the game or something else, would stick around for this long.

So yes we "whiners" will continue to "whine" proudly, and bash our heads against the proverbial wall, and continue to actively piss off the cult that despises us so and wishes we would all shut up, because it's the right thing to do. Hopefully we'll also accomplish some of the changes we set out to make.

EU in general is changing for the better. :)

I see you haven't though. Still the same patronising, big headed, clueless jerk who promised the earth and delivered a huge steaming pile of dog mess instead.

How could people possibly dislike somebody like that? :rolleyes:

I love EU and OMG, how about Vehicles finally arriving. EU is becoming bigger and better then it ever was I think. So many cried that Vehicles would be hard to get, expensive, rare and all that stuff, but look around. Soooo many people have them, and sooooo many people use them. I think EU is doing great and many new people are continuing to come in-game. Some want quick riches, lol, that aint happening, but most just wanna have fun and play the game :lolup:

The longer I play the less investment opportunities I see in this game. It gets a bit screwed up...

Last time I tried invest here, I was really desperated :)

new (L) gear introduced making oldschool value decrease, expansion to new planets, release of new LAs, indeed bad times for resellers. as a player i cannot find much to cry, just need to use some brain from time to time.

hi mmabig... yeah..

anyways what happened to the planet you were making?

why do people post here that don't give a shit about eu and want to see it fail?

kosmos

Really? I see more people online than ever...

Prices are dropping on stuff due to economical crisis, summer season, etc but probably nothing too permanent and even if it is, no problem.

It really IS appearant that you do not play, or you would know that.

I wont bother with people like you anymore, just go away.

So where's the fkin invetment fund and plan of it???????????????????:scratch2:

Really? I see more people online than ever...

Prices are dropping on stuff due to economical crisis, summer season, etc but probably nothing too permanent and even if it is, no problem.

It really IS appearant that you do not play, or you would know that.

I wont bother with people like you anymore, just go away.

Couldn't agree more with you Nighthawk.

And why the misleading title ....
Afraid people are not interested in the whining ?

Mods, close this thread ; the title is misleading.

Couldn't agree more with you Nighthawk.

And why the misleading title ....
Afraid people are not interested in the whining ?

Mods, close this thread ; the title is misleading.

I dont think thread should be closed just because of missleading, more it should be Editted in the right way, but in other hand, THIS thread should be closed

its just BS

It's so funny to see some of the same bitter and jealous people here. I just thought it would be funny to see all of the spiteful jealousy that made my time in EU so interesting. It's been a while.

As for the fund and promises of things I failed to deliver...the fund didnt take off because nobody trusted a newcomer that hadn't lost a million ped in game so therefore I had no cred. I just got flamed daily for trying to do something exciting. The only promises I ever made were promises I kept.

As for Megas comments about me having alts and what have you, I think thats pretty funny. What sense would it make for me to have an alt in this game and while you are throwing so many accusations I'd love to see any shred of evidence to back them up. If you can't provide that, then know you just made yourself look like the bitter, jealous, lying piece of shit that you are. :)

Let's face it, it burns some of you that I newbie came into the world you blow so much money in and made a few grand in the game by thinking outside the box and doing it the right way in a few short months.

I gave people the opportunity at the beginning to join me and make some big things happen, but rather than join me, several ruined it for everyone else. So, I just made some quick cash and left.

When I did leave, I repaid all debts, paid out all commissions and made sure everyone was good before cashing out. You won't find a single person who will say I ripped them off or screwed them out of money with the exception of one person who turned on me out of nowhere and began working with my "competitor" and began flaming me like a pet. Even he got everything coming to him which wasn't much.

Too many of you are bitter, tired old players who need to be lead out of your hole and into the world of opportunity. But, as they say, you can lead a deer to water but it doesnt mean they will drink. It's probably why so many of you are dying of thirst.

I came into EU with great intentions. Just too bad the community is so jaded.

Ah well, I have work to do.

Been fun!

i like eu a lot better today than a year ago, 2 years ago, 3 yeras ago...etc.

ofc ive acutaly always played and enjoyed the company of palyers and helping noobs as well

It's so funny to see some of the same bitter and jealous people here. I just thought it would be funny to see all of the spiteful jealousy that made my time in EU so interesting. It's been a while.

hi again thanks for not answering the planet question. didn't really expect one :silly2:

anyways whos bitter your opening post is impressive but some do the same thing monthly and dont run to ef to brag about it. Especially people who are trying to diss the game. Seriously does it get you off to stir the pot this much? I won't post anymore because these reactions is what you want, otherwise why act in this manner.

@lilac ty for the efd and yup he isn't the only one but at least they aren't as cocky and annoying as this guy is 150% of the time.

kosmos

Last edited:
@lilac ty for the efd and yup he isn't the only one but at least they aren't as cocky and annoying as this guy is 150% of the time.

kosmos

Strong personalities make it interesting on EF sometimes... i don't so much mind it...

not great for new players checking out the game to see all the negativity, though...

fine if folks who actually play the game feel frustated, but there are so many people who seem to log on once a month to game to actually play, but make sure to post in every "sky is falling thread" there is...

sure, we all get pissed at MA... and there may be some joy in making fun of the stupid decisions they made this past year that lost them money...

but honestly, there's no reason to think that a company that gets that many millions of dollars a year in sales is gonna fail, when they clearly have some wiggle room in their operating expenses...

As for the fund and promises of things I failed to deliver...the fund didnt take off because nobody trusted a newcomer that hadn't lost a million ped in game so therefore I had no cred. I just got flamed daily for trying to do something exciting. The only promises I ever made were promises I kept.

Actually you got flamed daily for insulting everyone that tried to help you :wise:

If you seriously think someone is jealous of you, you have a waaaaaaaaay to big ego :laugh: what is there to be jealous of? Really?

Back