Question: How much Turnover does it need to get from Wounding to Killstrike?

How much turnover in PED does it need to get from Wounding unlock to Killstrike?

• <150k

Votes: 14 5.8%

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 1.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 16 6.7%

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • >235k

Votes: 179 74.6%

• Total voters

XeroX2

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marcus XeroX Cicero
Hi as the title says I want to know how much PED I have to go trough to get from my recent Wounding unlock to the Killstrike unlock.
Of course I would like to know how long it takes mostly using one dmg type as in my example laser DMG.
My Eu Hunter tool logs where at ~50k PED turnover when I got the unlock so will be easy to see how much I really needed in a few years. :wtg:

For now I just want to hear your guesses and if possible the experience of a few ppl who allready made this step AFTER the skill nerf and ofc without chipping. However if you did just a little chipping with max 2k ped cost I think the turnover needed won`t be influenced that much. I guess the difference between killing masses of lowish hp stuff in comparison to few big hp things would allready make a waaay higher difference but I think we have to ignore that in this thread at least to some point.

I added a poll to get an overview but I would prefer posts in the thread that show what the numbers are based on.

Thank you in advance! :)

My estimation is about 2 million ped.

I cycled so far ~650k ped, mostly with laser handgun, but ~100k from that was with rifle blp and my ranged laser dmg is barely at 64 and a bit.

I did some calculations a while back and I found out you need ~4-4.5 million ped cycled to max one type of weapon both in hit and in dmg if you stick only to using that type of weapon.

My estimation for reaching commando with only one type of weapon used is ~1mil ped cycled.

Not offence, but the choices on you're pool are totally out of scale.

Last edited:
If you cycle 500ped a day for the next 400days you get 200000 ped cycled. If this would unlock KS then almost every mid level player would have unlocked it.
Now lets take it more realistic and with the skill slows and such you might end a bit over 2M cycled. this would mean 5k ped a day for 400 days.
Now since your ped cycled a sec on a high end weapon with amp would barely get you over .30ped and even hardcore hunting will only give you 2k sec an hour you can see that 600ped/h is kinda the max cycle rate. but lets take 500p/h if you want to keep it a bit more eco.

so if you skill 4000h you will get to KS with a 500p/h cycle rate. :eyecrazy:

thats 10h a day for the next 400 days or 3h a day with very few days off for the next 3years.

GL :D

& still I will get there this year:)
On a serious note, Adi is correct, you're estimates are way off.. it's a LOT more.

Pure guess 1.2 million ped turnover :yay: time for some :sniper:

I found an old .csv file from when I had 46 in BLP. Wounding -> KS is ~90k peds of chipping according to chippingoptimizer, and you have to turnover much more than this (how much?):(

Aim for commando first. It's a more reasonable goal (almost by the stars, but very much closer than KS). And when you reach it, you'll be closer to KS too.

By the way, what are you doing here? Get out there and taste some blood! :laugh:

its close to 4mil ped turnover.

Take the polls values x 10 (or USD instead of PED) and it would most likely fall in that range, upper end though.

I dont dare to think about it from 1 who has Wounding and Killstrike.:handjob:

Poll is way out of scale idd.... 200k cycled is nothing imo :)

Like the others say, it would take about 2 mill peds, or 200k USD :)

Last edited:
:scratch:
roughly 8500 TT value of skills, 1TT skill gain per 100 PED cycled...
85000 PEDS sounds way too low
Since chipping would cost roughly 60K and chipping 100 times cheaper, I would guess around 6 Million PEDs :D

:scratch:
roughly 8500 TT value of skills, 1TT skill gain per 100 PED cycled...
85000 PEDS sounds way too low
Since chipping would cost roughly 60K and chipping 100 times cheaper, I would guess around 6 Million PEDs :D

It`s correct that chipping would cost 60k PED.(Which is quite a bit less than before wounding unlock btw :yay: )
Hoever I think you guess is even more off the scale than my poll numbers. And they are quite hard to beat in being off the scale... :lolup:

Hmm if I can earn 300PED(from Investment in EU)+400PED(from tradig in EU)+200PED(from selling skills/stuff in other games) it would take me about 5 1/2 years to get the unlock with buying chips...
Hmm that might be an option... I plan to play 3h/day in the next 3 years so as it was suggested before I would need to play with 500PED turnover/hour to get KS that way. With hl6(l)+a106 I have 320PED turnover/hour so that won`t work for sure. Finding laser HGs with less than 130% MU and 500PED turnover/ hour is impossible atm I think. I feel that my investment can cover max 130% MU on gun if I hunt 3h with it/day so I guess with regular hunting it will take me about 5 1/2 years too to get to KS. Advantage of chipping is that it`s quite easy to get it done in 5 1/2 years and advantage of Hunting is that you get all the necessary(!!) side skills like HIT/healing/evade. Ofc chipping would give a little of that too but I think hunting is still better most of the time.

It`s correct that chipping would cost 60k PED.(Which is quite a bit less than before wounding unlock btw :yay: )
Hoever I think you guess is even more off the scale than my poll numbers. And they are quite hard to beat in being off the scale... :lolup:

I am not sure how much I cycled, but from 0 to Killstrike it costs about 68k in Chips. From my level 53 to Killstrike it would still cost me about 55K to chip in.
If I assume, that 5% of my loot is returned in globals, I must have cycled at least 1,5 Millions to get there and got only roughly a quarter of the way to Killstrike. Those 6 Millions might not be that off at all :D

2 million ped is ballpark. wounding->killstrike is ~11 times the TT skill value of 0->wounding. So 10-11 times what you have spent so far, whatever that is. For me thats ~2M more ped.

2 million ped is ballpark. wounding->killstrike is ~11 times the TT skill value of 0->wounding. So 10-11 times what you have spent so far, whatever that is. For me thats ~2M more ped.

So what you where saying that wounding-KS is ~2M ped turnover right? Or your level-KS is 2M PED?
Anyway so far it seems that 2million PED is the most common guess to get to KS starting @ lvl 45. Would be nice if more ppl could second that or give other opinions tho because I would like to know now hard the challenge would be if I dare to accept it.

quit your job and start shooting

oh wait the few people that can actually make a living here are already here - tough luck - sell your home and start shooting - then apply for welfare or put your cardboard box in MA/FPC's parking lot - just hope they dont run you over in the expensive car they buy with your $ :) j/k

Really who has enough time to actually cycle 4 or 5 million ped - dont you people have jobs :D

So what you where saying that wounding-KS is ~2M ped turnover right? Or your level-KS is 2M PED?
Anyway so far it seems that 2million PED is the most common guess to get to KS starting @ lvl 45. Would be nice if more ppl could second that or give other opinions tho because I would like to know now hard the challenge would be if I dare to accept it.

I wonder if anyone starting out after the skill nerf of VU8.8 has already unlocked KS without chipping.
Took me 10 months from Coolness to Combat Sense unlock and another 10 months to level 55 in laser pistols. If I take a look at my deposits and how much I must have cycled to get those tiny 5 levels and extrapolate it till KS, I will need maybe a decade to get there (if I would skill naturally).

I voted , but I really don't have any clue.

Ok, after finishing the longtooth mission I have a better clue :D
After 18,7 K PEDs in ammo cycled and 6k PEDs in decay spent, my Laser Pistoleer went up a whooping 0.62 level to 55.67 with a TT skill gain of 239 PEDs all in all.
Just assuming, that I could hunt 38 hours per week and cycle those PEDs in that time, I would need to cycle 1 Million PEDs to get to level 80 and it would take me 40 weeks.
...never thought I cycle that less btw...thought on normal days I am at 1k on average with 2-3k with a bit heavier hunting...seems I cacly more in crafting...

Only 4 years till Kill Strike for me :D

hm

that depends a lot on what you plan to hunt and partially how to do that
in either case, i also think that 200k peds is way to low for big stuff

i went for commando with merps, which roughly have a skill gain/ped value 6 times higher than argos and dunno, 12-20 times higher than say spiders i guess (never tested those) i can't give a real figure

based on some old figure tho, i would need ~122 000 peds

on the other hands, merps skill fairly slow, so from my point it would need ~3 years of daily ~8 hours skilling on them to get it :D (which time i dont have, peds neither ofc)
that if skills dont slow down, what they will do, so i would expect even on merps more like 400-500k peds

so it will be a choice partially between ped rotation overall and time

but in either case, i would suggest to do some own reasearch
especially a "how many peds does a full profession point cost on mob X" and while you are at it a rough time as well
note, a prof point, not a full level
then you can fairly easy but also fairly rough estimate (cause skills slow down :D)what you need, if you calc that figure *100*level you need til kill strike

Simple answer, too much time & ped hehe :yay:

Simple answer, too much time & ped hehe :yay:

Asuming PED is not the problem and asuming daily playtime isn´t that much of an issue, too, then it may be possible to cycle 5k PED / day easyly.

Now lets say it really needs only 2mio PED cycled then its 400 days untill you reach that goal.

Less than 1,5 years!
In EU this is a short time goal ;)

Sorry didn't read all the preamble.....

Short answer - Shitloads.

Better to cruise auction,,get best prices over time..

Cya mate :)

what does killstrike give you in return for 2m ped?

You didn´t understand the difference between turnover needed and costs.

Definately it will cost around 60k PED to chip to killstrike, what would mean it costs 60k PED.

If you turnover 2mio PED and manage to break even on the long run (maybe due to markups looted), it costs you nothing as you still got your money and the skill additionally.

Very likely it becomes more expencive by skilling (average return on the long run is something around 80-90%), what means you will lose 200-400k PED while cycling this 2mio PEDs.

woww, your poll really wasn't thought out very well lol. Approx 1M-1.2Mped from wounding to KS, if you stick with atrox or similar.

woww, your poll really wasn't thought out very well lol. Approx 1M-1.2Mped from wounding to KS, if you stick with atrox or similar.

I agree that my poll is really messed up. However I also find it interrestning to read how messed up the ideas of what turnover it takes to get from wounding to KS are. After all most ppl here seem to think that it needs AT LEAST 2mil PED cycled to get to KS but you go for 1.2M. That`s quite nice because you`ve taken the step allready didn`t you?

EDIT: OK when i check your icons maybe it`s just close but at least lvl 70 I would guess?
Thus you should allready have a better idea about it in comparison to some others.

@GoNi... I don`t even want to think about the daily losses in time and PED(!) if I was trying to get 5kPED/day turnover! o,0

I agree that my poll is really messed up. However I also find it interrestning to read how messed up the ideas of what turnover it takes to get from wounding to KS are. After all most ppl here seem to think that it needs AT LEAST 2mil PED cycled to get to KS but you go for 1.2M. That`s quite nice because you`ve taken the step allready didn`t you?

EDIT: OK when i check your icons maybe it`s just close but at least lvl 70 I would guess?
Thus you should allready have a better idea about it in comparison to some others.

@GoNi... I don`t even want to think about the daily losses in time and PED(!) if I was trying to get 5kPED/day turnover! o,0

If you want kill strike, chip in, its cheaper.

If you want to play, play, dont chip in.

After all most ppl here seem to think that it needs AT LEAST 2mil PED cycled to get to KS but you go for 1.2M. That`s quite nice because you`ve taken the step allready didn`t you?

this is because you cannot say how many peds need to be cycled, without saying in what mob you intend to cycle them. the difference in skill gains between hunting, say, longtooth (or similar sized mob), and say, argonauts, can be as high as 2x

this is because you cannot say how many peds need to be cycled, without saying in what mob you intend to cycle them. the difference in skill gains between hunting, say, longtooth (or similar sized mob), and say, argonauts, can be as high as 2x

Well I think setting the Atrox as average as Immortal did seems to be quite wise. I mean I am not going to hunt LT all the time for obvious reasons...
Ohh and I do plenty of the smaller stuff like drone/argo so my skilling should be even faster.

Back