Why perpetuate rumors ??

Status

Calypto

Guardian
Banned
Recently several members of this forum have made statements about clubcalypto.com radio with absolutely nothing but malice and bad intent. I have yet to see any statement that has one shred of evidence behind the comments. Clubcalypto.com is a friend to new players and intend on continuing that effort. If you have 1 shread of evidence post it. Im am confident in one thing. Our Radio station is helpful to folks and i ask you one question. What are you so afraid of. Thank goodness most folks recognize that its designed to be Rumor spreading. Why perpetuate rumors? One thing i can say is our listenership went up and so has our sponorships.So i decided to ask for additional comments. Heres a Fact. Every sponsor has been talked with and they all ask that we keep our heads up and never allow cyber bullies to win. We have given away around 25 cars and countless other prizes. We feel we provide a great choice in music to start with. WE also feel that we do enough good to continue our mission of helping new players. We invite players to listen to our station and visit sweat camp and see for your self. We also invite you to talk with our sponsors that provide our prizes. We are pepared to make this game alot more fun in the future as well by increasing the prizes we have available to our listners. I thank the folks that really know us for speaking up and not being afraid to tell folks about our station. Clubcalypto.com is growing daily and look forward to serving the community even more. After that last post we can say one thing all publicity is good publicity..Clubcalypto.com radio rocks the planet and soon the universe.
I would encourage you to actually spend a lil time listening to us and visiting sweat camp and see for yourself !!!!

a way to punctuate those rumors would be to start a thread and post all donations recieved, from who ya got them, and all donations given (and to who) so that people will openly see that you are doing nothing wrong (if indeed you are, I have no idea)...? :dunno:

Thank you NightHawk. We took time to ask the sponsors if they wanted a report. They all responded no. We feel the sponors are really who deserve this information as it is really is they who should be happy in this respect. I do have a basic list of prizes we have given away. The general public is aware of all upcoming prizes each night and we always mention which sponsor donated that prize many times before we give them away..We also mention all folks as they donate prizes as well. I will take your suggestion to heart.Again thank you for your input !!

Sry, dont understand, what rumors?

wall...of...text....must....unseen....

On topic:

I never listen to the radio(all radios, not just EU related radio) and I did not really get the point of this thread, if someone really understood the text was it about people making false rumors and blaming them for false stuff?

the one that replies with more, separated info will receive + rep as soon as I see it :D

You're the one keeping it going by still going on about it.... in the forum in the game. If you want "rumors" to die down.... then simply stop going on about it.

I don't know if you're innocent or not...but I think your best decision would be to stop the drama.

edited to add:

Also picking fights with people is not in your best interest. Calling established players pricks on their forum messages, or being generally nasty will not win you any points.

In my opinion your poor attitude is your biggest enemy in game and in life.

I wish you the best.

Sircus. What i want to be careful of is not doing a finger pointing session. In general the jist was they we dont properly give away all prizes donated to clubcalypto.com radio. I want this thread to be more productive in that we dont turn it towards an individual. Basicly a few uninformed folks accused clubcalypto.com of profiting from our donated prizes.This is quite untrue.
In addition we also spend a large amount of our own money to purchase prizes for give away. The prizes we provide are expensive and we actually have to add dollars to the donations in order to keep the prizes up to what we considwer an exciting level. I hope this helps answer your question.

Raven i do apreciate your tht.. This is a good way to adress any concerns. The past rumors are here for all to see. I do understand your comment but we feel the issue is important and deserves constructive discussion instead of the flamming that occured in the past. This is a healthy way to allow real comments that can benefit the community. I do understand tho what u mean.Thank you Raven !!

Hi Calypto,

I dont know about the rumors but they reached my also. Rumors without proof and something i dont want to discuss.

But you tried to piss off a lot of players and here on EntropiaForum. We have a history and those arnt rumors. You did this with more ppl and you slandered them on your radio, ingame and even on this forum . These ppl are respected players ingame and helped the community long before you came.

Like Ravenjade said leave it and stick to what you do best. If you are really here to help the newbie community then welcome and start over.

We took time to ask the sponsors if they wanted a report. They all responded no. We feel the sponors are really who deserve this information as it is really is they who should be happy in this respect.
Did you ask every single sponser, or is it that you don't have a list or don't want to create one? Without transparency, or even with it, ANY request for items in game can be conidered a scam. If you did ask every single sponser, do you have screen prints and/or chat logs to prove it?

https://support.planetcalypso.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15086

A scam is the act of acquiring items from another participant through misinformation, confusion, pressure or by taking advantage of misplaced trust.

Do not listen to hard-luck stories. Scammers will say or do almost anything to get your items from you.
"Poor me and my radio station needs donations" might sound to some like a "hard-luck" story.

If you really want to do this sort of stuff and not make a list that gives transparency, the best bet would be to stop asking for donations all together. Any "gift" you give out should be a "gift" - i.e. stuff coming from your own pedcard, and no one else's. If you want to ask people to pay for advertsing, well, that's a whole different ballgame.

Also remember, randomly giving away things might count as a lottery... i.e. gambling. Technically, it's illegal to have gambling in game.

We also invite you to talk with our sponsors that provide our prizes
How are we to know who your sponsers are if there is no list?!?

Faye: altho i agree we have had some nasty exchanges between myself and afew folks i will say i never instigated them with out provocation. I do agree with one thing WE should do a better jib of how we respond. As for perpetuating this i feel it deserves attention. It certainly must be discussed and not hide from public opinion. The goal is to have healthy conversation about the station and the spreading of rumors. Yes i do agree clubcalypto.com does mention its feelings about various issues on Eu. That we intend to continue. We also have a voice and this forum isnt the only way to share our opinions. I hope this discussion stays civil. We certainly want something constructive to come from it. Thank yopu for you comment Faye !!

Faye: altho i agree we have had some nasty exchanges between myself and afew folks i will say i never instigated them with out provocation. I do agree with one thing WE should do a better jib of how we respond. As for perpetuating this i feel it deserves attention. It certainly must be discussed and not hide from public opinion. The goal is to have healthy conversation about the station and the spreading of rumors. Yes i do agree clubcalypto.com does mention its feelings about various issues on Eu. That we intend to continue. We also have a voice and this forum isnt the only way to share our opinions. I hope this discussion stays civil. We certainly want something constructive to come from it. Thank yopu for you comment Faye !!

Can you then also stop that site that public displays a complete conspiracy theory without any prove and made by a friend of yours . If you take the first step to a better Entropia then the rest wll follow

Mastermesh thank you for your question. Even if we provide the general public with this list there will still be folks that canask the question is this list accurate or is this list the full list.. Instead of going down that path we decided the only folks that really should be concerned are the sponsors. And i cant say we talked with 100% of sponsors a more accurate description is that we talked with almost all sponsors that contributed. But as for doing a list it still will not satisfy everyone. We sincerely think that if the sponors felt that way thenh donations would stop.Just the opposite has occurred. The vast majority opf sponsors say they feel comfortable with the curent way we conduct the give aways. Thank you for you thoughts Mastermesh !!

Mastermesh thank you for your question. Even if we provide the general public with this list there will still be folks that canask the question is this list accurate or is this list the full list.. Instead of going down that path we decided the only folks that really should be concerned are the sponsors. And i cant say we talked with 100% of sponsors a more accurate description is that we talked with almost all sponsors that contributed. But as for doing a list it still will not satisfy everyone. We sincerely think that if the sponors felt that way thenh donations would stop.Just the opposite has occurred. The vast majority opf sponsors say they feel comfortable with the curent way we conduct the give aways. Thank you for you thoughts Mastermesh !!

But isnt everyone a potental future sponsor?

Faye i didnt ask for that post to be done.It was posted by an individual that had felt that it should be created. Just as you i wish the discussion on this forum was removed but i have no control over this forum and its post as well.At least u see my frustration in what happens after post of this nature are put up. We asked this forum to remove it but they felt it was worth leaving up..After considering it i almost agree with the moderator in that it may as well stay up. Faye i can attempt to talk with the person that created the post and see if they are willing to remove it. We really do want to get back to a healthy way of discussing issues and also responses. Our main goal is to be more transparent to our sponsors. Thank you again for your comment !!

Yes Stave all folks are potential sponsors. Our sponsors are folks that usually see what we do before they donate. So they do have a chance to see how we conduct our give aways before they donate. We try hard to show them so they are comfortable long before they make a donation. Thanks Stave !!

Calypto.. you yourself have openley accused players of being a cheat without providing any proof.....

This thread does you no favours atall.

WE are watching.

rewriten it better in a different post

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]DRte0S2a_dA[/YOUTUBE]​

Just for the record, (since someone asked in PM) just like any other thread, I won't shut this one down so long as the flaming, personal issues, etc. are kept out.

Ranpha, Calypto, I highly suggest you two simply stop talking to and about each other. I don't care who started what. You both have continued bickering and tried to have the last word. Quit. now.

Hell raizer i would only ask that we ALL try to curb this activity. And the comment about we are watching wasnt neccessary. When you are as visible as we are its a natural assumption that we are watched and listened too.As for we are watching comment that doesnt help anybody or anything. I would encourage folks to shy away from that type of talk.Please understand we are quite aware folks pay attention to all things clubcalypto.com radio does. It isnt neccessary to say it that way. Hell raizer this type of talk is what we would like to stop on all sides. Thank you for considering this !!

Ranpha, Calypto, I highly suggest you two simply stop talking to and about each other. I don't care who started what. You both have continued bickering and tried to have the last word. Quit. now.

Why am I being dragged into this ? Srry John but now you are starting it INTO a flame thread !

I

Thank you Jc. We are attempting to see if we can have a constructive discussion. I didnt take offense to faye as she does have a point. I do plan to ask if the person that posted it would consider removing it. I want to encourage folks to discuss issues in a more positive way. This can be a start just by trying to understand each other instead of pointing fingers. Please allow faye and others to discuss as long as we can stay constructive. This discussion can be of real value to all concerned if we try..

The name is Hellraizer not Hell raizer..and i would prefer not to be patronised, you also owe some players an apology, not a twisted explanation of events. You are surely aware of what caused the situation in the first place.... if you are capable of being honest..just do so.

Stave i do understand what your asking.. Do other radio staions post all items they give away? If so mabey its something to consider.

Stave i do understand what your asking.. Do other radio staions post all items they give away? If so mabey its something to consider.

Well as to date, none have been asked, nor has anyone been given any reason to ask, so this is a first in eu....

Imo, if what your saying is true, the only way your going to get anywhare is by making club calypto transparent, so people can see for themselves.

::Edit::

As for any giveaways ive ever done, ive mostly done it out of my own pocket, and anything donated was by people who did so without being asked, but was rare, because ofc i didnt ask.

Thank you Jc. We are attempting to see if we can have a constructive discussion. I didnt take offense to faye as she does have a point. I do plan to ask if the person that posted it would consider removing it. I want to encourage folks to discuss issues in a more positive way. This can be a start just by trying to understand each other instead of pointing fingers. Please allow faye and others to discuss as long as we can stay constructive. This discussion can be of real value to all concerned if we try..

Well something we agree on :)

+rep :)

I speak for myself here.I did the Extended Guide events and indeed i kept records for the give aways. It was very hard to keep track of everything and even giveaway own armor parts lol

Tho i must admit during thelast evens i was slacking a lot because nobody really cared. But in the future if iḿ going to do such events again I will make excel sheets again and keep track of it

Stave i would consider posting prizes donated as well as winners if other stations show a willingness to do same. I will admit its a big time suck doing it. We consider other stations just as culpable as we are in that respect. Mabey the stations can discuss this and form some way to do so. Thanks for the suggestion Stave.

Status
Back