Question: Fastest way to skill up basic skills and health?

bluefox

Young
Ok,

So I've been researching my butt off for a while (and it's true I may be retarded...) but I can't seem to get a good answer about what the fastest way to skill the basic skills and health would be.

grinding...yup, I got that much.

If anybody has any inciteful information, or tricks of the trade, or experienced advice I'd be very greatful.

Thanks all,

chip in? =/

Research the many mob, weapons, and tools charts that have been done and match gear to mob or area in the case of mining to maximize the benefits of it all.

Dont try to grow so fast as MA has the habit of telling you you can use a item at X level, but that in no way means you will be proficiant with it regardless of the pretty numbers they print on the info tabs.

Make sure you match your play style to whatever budget you have set and you should grow steadily without too much issues of loss vs growth.

I can give some skilling at hunting tips:
As said above do some research, fastest way of skilling is to keep your gun running hot:
  • Find a MOB/setup where you can hunt without fapping too much
  • Hunt low maturity MOBs with high health/damage ratio (I want Longtooth back!)
  • Do not hunt mixed spawns
  • Where possible do not grind on taxed lands
  • Find areas with high concentration of your selected MOB
  • Use maxed (L) eco weapons
  • Take enough ammo to burn out your amp
You will skill faster with a bigger gun but usually at a cost due to markup, I did some research on laser handguns and found you get about the same skills per ped cycled using small and big guns but you skill quicker with the big guns as you cycle peds quicker.
But I also found that if you use a bigger A10x amp on the gun you get more skills per ped cycled, so always use the biggest eco amp you can afford.

Here's an example:
MOB: Allopyl
Damage (young): 26
Health (young): 560
Health/Damage ratio: 21.5
Armour: Pixie with 6B plates
Weapon: P5a (L) with A106 amp and 200 PED of ammo

Grind grind grind :p

Like the people above said, use only maxed sib weapons and hunt something you can kill fairly easily. (not needing to heal alot while still keeping your armor/fap bill to about 5%)

What was not mentioned was more specific towards your question about health and basic skills.

While still following the advice above I would recommend always using the weapon which you are least skilled for. This will give you more total skills for less ped cycled and many of those skills are ones that contribute to health so your hp will go up quicker cheaper.

Melee Combat contributes alot towards health.

Im not sure what your skill level is but what I would do starting out is to set small goals for yourself.

For example aim to get 1k in each of the following skills,

rifle,
handgun,
shortblade,
longblade,
powerfist.

Once you have reached that, then make 2k your goal, etc...

This will do a couple of things, It will make both your hp and defensive skills higher for the mobs you are hunting than the average person hunting them. It will keep your dmg professions more even with your hit professions. (alot of people have trouble with their dmg profession being much lower than their hit when they start out specialized in just one area) It will keep your ped flow under control for longer.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do,

narfi

I'd take into account mobs you can kill in 2-3 shots.... it seems like there's an increased chance of skill gain on a kill shot

The one thing nobody has said yet.... Healing is important to skill as well :D can't heal efficiently without a good lvl in healing. Buy a maxed SIB/eco fap and use that to skill with. Skill while hunting and/or help out some noobies by healing them. Best to use TT vivo if you're going to heal noobs as you don't get paid decay and/or MU for your FAP/vivo.

I agree with this... when I started playing again I decided to try all the new weapons out. My goal was to get 1k skill in each weapon type and after that I would choose my primary weapon of choice. I went with laser rifle when it was all said and done. now that I am level 40 in Laser rifle I decided I like pistols more... go figure. anyways getting all of my hunting/weapon skills up to 1k did help me get a higher evade and HP.

Also... GRIND! I agree with the above posts... just because MA/the System says you can hunt with a big badass weapon doesn't mean you should...

Also another recomendation. If you want to hunt then find a society that likes to do regular hunts. Less fapping in a group and higher chance of getting a decent loot that will help all of you break even or gain a little at the end of the day.

Grind grind grind :p

Like the people above said, use only maxed sib weapons and hunt something you can kill fairly easily. (not needing to heal alot while still keeping your armor/fap bill to about 5%)

What was not mentioned was more specific towards your question about health and basic skills.

While still following the advice above I would recommend always using the weapon which you are least skilled for. This will give you more total skills for less ped cycled and many of those skills are ones that contribute to health so your hp will go up quicker cheaper.

Melee Combat contributes alot towards health.

Im not sure what your skill level is but what I would do starting out is to set small goals for yourself.

For example aim to get 1k in each of the following skills,

rifle,
handgun,
shortblade,
longblade,
powerfist.

Once you have reached that, then make 2k your goal, etc...

This will do a couple of things, It will make both your hp and defensive skills higher for the mobs you are hunting than the average person hunting them. It will keep your dmg professions more even with your hit professions. (alot of people have trouble with their dmg profession being much lower than their hit when they start out specialized in just one area) It will keep your ped flow under control for longer.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do,

narfi

hunt ... die ... hunt ... die ... repeat as often as required to get skill level you are looking for. I personally like no armor hunting. Builds all round skills - medic, agility, bravado, ... etc.

Again its ok to die :) skills to be had doing that as well.

But I'm a none eco type n00b-ish player often found hunting large packs of mobs at once or mobs that are too big for my current skill set and I like UL weapons that I can repair instead of L that I have to throw away.

174 hp
84 agility
35 evade
33 dodge

Fav weapons

Starkov AS-147 tier 4
Maddox IV tier 3

and i still hunt ... die ... hunt .... die .. materfact I think my avatar was dead when I logged out

there's a way! play a lot over the years:)

three letters : SIB

there's a way! play a lot over the years:)

This is kinda my method. I don't feel a rush to skill up higher. Over the long run I'll get there. Close to 5 years in and it's going well.

Skill increase bonus

People tell you to use maxed L weapons. Thats wrong! Use unmaxed L weapons and you get Skil Increase Bonus.:D

Skill increase bonus

People tell you to use maxed L weapons. Thats wrong! Use unmaxed L weapons and you get Skil Increase Bonus.:D

Actually dont because the SIB isnt a reall increase of skills. SIB just tells you that you can max the ppl in faster periode then a old fasioned weapon.

If you want to skill melee (has most hp increase) then i suggest do the Daikba misson (30hp) or the merp missions (50hp youngs) they both have SIB builtin and are great for skillin.

Fastest way is hunting mobs of your level with high dps weapon.

wow, i didnt expect so many responses so quickly.

awesome advice, thanks to everyone that replied.

as i said, i've done lots of research on health and skills in general. this has been much more effective, reading all that data in one shot really helps piece it all together.

I'm currently working on the daikiba mission. (on the 500 right now), and then I plan to move to the merp mission. It's rough though without going to a taxed LA.

also, I guess I need to spend more time researching mob/armor setups. That way I can be more efficient. Using my Rascal armor for everything isn't the best thing.

Thanks again for the help. You're all aces.

chip in? =/

brilliant answer.

like more detailed, what should he chip in?
what skills gives health?

Here's a link to entropedia which could be useful when you need to get some extra health:

http://entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Skill&id=37

Pretty much everything that you do in "combat" gives you health quickly...

I think melee is the fastest way tbh, but not sure as I am not a melee user.. I prefer good old rifles. :)

Play at a level you enjoy playing at and before you know it you will have gained a lot of skills while having fun =)

Its about speed!

If its about skilling speed, then use weapon/tool with highest decay.
The amount of skill you get is dependend on the decay you produce.
The most uneco tools/weapons give highest skillspeed!

Thats an expencive way, much more expencive than chipping and chipping in is even faster!

So first reply in this thread is the best reply so far ;)

Quickest way is to use melee equipment... but it's that that eco, until you reach to my beloved Masher Three Unlimited (woohoo :D). Nothing for big mobs though. You might want to skill up to level 38 in knife fighter and use a Firefly, which is very fast and eco too... but then you wouldn't ask for basic skills anymore :)

Skill with longblades or shortblades to gain in the essential HP-skills and evade/healing.
Skill rifle/handgun and use scope+lasersight & lasersight. (Get the ones with high skill-bonus).

Do as many missions killing 100 mobs as possible. (Killing 100 -> +1 attribute which helps the HP)
Save the higher (killing 500+) to later when your skillrate slows down.

If you decide to chip HP. Chip Courage for best result...
GL skilling :)

Oh... And as everyone says: Use maxed (L)-weapons and fap

Last edited:
My advice would be this & its something noone has said yet. Skill the lowest requirement to HP gaining, so below the skill Combat Sense (if u have unlocked it) anyways focus on the skills in the range of 20-800 so all the attributes, general, defensive professions then focus on a few of them. Like agility see & study which profession gives u the highest % boost for that skill & repeat this for any other skill you want to skill up. Research its highest or 2nd highest % professions that contribute to it and skill them also. This will get you HP in no time at all :). If you have a big ass ped card balance I would skill with Laser Rifles untill you unlock commando either by natural skilling or eating dozens of chips will also help.

Actually dont because the SIB isnt a reall increase of skills. SIB just tells you that you can max the ppl in faster periode then a old fasioned weapon.

If you want to skill melee (has most hp increase) then i suggest do the Daikba misson (30hp) or the merp missions (50hp youngs) they both have SIB builtin and are great for skillin.

Im not 100 % about this. Are you sure?:scratch2:

Here is what ive done and its worked pretty well so far.... Starting with what i did, and then what i would do differently if my main goal was just hp.

I started as a miner, and was about 105 hp or so before i started hunting seriously. I started with laser rifle till around level 18 or so and then switched to laser handgun to open up a larger variety of weapons. Continued on that till level 50, and then skilled up some melee weapons while doing the merp mission to get some quick hp from the melee related skills. Now my goal will be to return to laser handgun to reach commando....or pick mining back up, haven't decided yet; haven't had much time to play the last few weeks due to real life work.

If i had to do it over, and hp was my main goal.... I think i would start with laser hand gun, focus on just that until level 16(maxes h400, which is sufficient for a lot of creatures); blp also works i just have experience with laser so thats why im suggesting it. After that grab some tt melee weapons and go skill up some melee skills while doing the merp missions. After that grab whatever laser rifle was maxed at that point and skill up rifle till 1600 or so which should be pretty fast for 1 more hp from the rifle skill.

If you have any desire to try mining, then after that go drop some bombs and probes. You want to get some skill in, Drilling, Surveying, Mining, Prospecting. Enough for 800 points in each would be 2 more hp, enough for 1600 points in each would be 4 hp. If you dont want to mine, or want to do it faster, just buy some skill chips to do it. Shouldnt be too expensive to bring them up just a lil bit for a couple hp.

After that you should have all the quick hp points you can get. Pick one hit profession and grind to level 40 for coolness unlock, and then to 50 for combat sense. Then to 70 for commando. Thats a long grind, with each much longer then the last. Maybe somewhere in there you might want to bring the other skills up a lil more for a couple more hp here.

If you decide to buy mining skills instead of just mining. Then this should probably be the first thing you do. So you will benefit from the extra hp from the start.

(why 1600? just those skills are all 1 hp per 1600 in the skill, the first 1600 will be MUCH MUCH faster then the next 1600, the first 800 will be much faster then the next 800 and so on. So as soon as the skills start to slow down, you move on to another you can gain fast for quick hp. There are many more skills that contribue to hp that i didnt list that are gained while doing the professions i did list. I just listed the main skill type)

----------

Faster then that....

Start with tt melee weapons and go do the merp missions. You can do diakiba or exosaur or other small hp creatures instead; the bottom line is you want small hp creatures for a more kills/ped, for more skills/ped. Melee will give you the most hp/ped initially so focusing here first gives hp faster, but doesnt open up the laser or blp weapons as fast as starting there. Thus less weapon options, and less hunting options after the initial start.

After skilling up melee a bit 1600 or so in the primary skill, then work on handgun and rifle till 1600 or so each, then do the mining thing or buy a small amount of those skills. Then specialize in one weapon type.

Last edited:
Awesome advice.

I think I'm on the right path. I've been working on my melee skills, and it's gong well. chipping is expensive regardless of what i chip.

Thanks to everyone that gave a reply, and or good advice!

depo lots of $$$ in years to come.

the truth.

Skills cost PED, so the more PED you spend the more skills you will get.
Different skills require different techniques.
Evade, for example, is one of the more prized skills. The fastest way (apart from chipping in) to increase your Evade is to find an area with aggressive mobs (for example Merp) but on some decent armour and take a FAP/Vivo with you. When they start attacking you heal yourself so that you don't die. DO this for about 2 minutes and then kill all which are attacking you (the evade skills tend to fall off with time when being attacked) and start again. This will also give you healing skills, and the killing will stop you from being totally bored!

If you are a newbie, you can sweat. that way you get some usefull skills and some profit.
Good luck!

If you have any desire to try mining, then after that go drop some bombs and probes. You want to get some skill in, Drilling, Surveying, Mining, Prospecting. Enough for 800 points in each would be 2 more hp, enough for 1600 points in each would be 4 hp. If you dont want to mine, or want to do it faster, just buy some skill chips to do it. Shouldnt be too expensive to bring them up just a lil bit for a couple hp.

I've been sweating on and off for a while and doing minor hunting here and there - my levels are all still pretty low, level 3 laser rifle (i think that's what opallo is?). I've dabbled in almost everything I think, and have somewhere around 4-500 surveying and 1-200 prospecting. Every time I research something I see answers in huge numbers, relative to me (lvl 30, lvl 50, skill lvl 1600, etc).

I've had a friend depo once for me on my b-day for 20 dollars and have been working based on that, have around 70 hard PED cash atm and have since hunted many 10PED rounds, as well as mined 25-50PED rounds. Can anyone give some sort of estimate of how many probes you'd have to drop to get near 800, 1600, etc?

Mostly I'm trying to figure out just how much money is required to have fun in this game - so far it's been going ok with sweating, swunting, minor everything else, but I'm even wondering how long 70 PED of ammo will last me if I just keep firing my opallo, and whether or not that will even get me anywhere close to double digit profession levels.

I do enjoy mining as well and find that my return is usually around 80-90%. I've gotten lucky in the past but then just go probe-dropping-happy around everywhere and waste it =P Seems I can't manage my PED until I drop low enough to worry about running out and not being able to have fun anymore!

One day maybe I'll have the self control to save up to a trip to CND like some soc members have suggested...

Mostly I'm trying to figure out just how much money is required to have fun in this game - so far it's been going ok with sweating, swunting, minor everything else, but I'm even wondering how long 70 PED of ammo will last me if I just keep firing my opallo, and whether or not that will even get me anywhere close to double digit profession levels.

Don't think in weeks or months, think in years and decades.
If you are having fun, keep what you are doing the way you are doing it.
Absolutely no point to want to become "uber", the way to it is not for someone on a budget.
If you do not need the bragging rights about globals, HoFs and fancy guns and armours for your ego, than keep having fun the way you do. :D
There are a lot of people that have fun with no deposits at all and a lot are complaing, because their 500$ each month don't last even a week.
Not a question of money, just a question of thinking.

Back