Cars in lootable areas !

What do you think ??

• get cars out of lootable areas ?

Votes: 59 24.3%
  • make cars lootable ? (=no miners)

Votes: 38 15.6%
  • slow down cars in lootables areas ?

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • more ammo in loots to cover some costs ? (boring)

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • leave things as they are ?

Votes: 71 29.2%
  • other idea !! (pls post)

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • i just want efd !!!!!

Votes: 55 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brumle

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Brumle Brumle Hunter
its it just me or should something be done with cars in lootable areas

they are both good and bad for both miners and pkérs

i know for miners it nice to have the storage, but after the cars came you can be almost sure you have to
pay for a new toxic shot everytime someone finds you... there are almost no chance of getting away now

for pkérs it kinda boring to roam the lootables areas when all you can get is ammo loot cuz all gd´s are empty
and alot of the time you dont even get 1 ped ammo.

before its was more fun both to mine/pk cuz it took some skill from pkérs to catch the miner and
some skill from miners to learn how to escape.

first we got the delay after tp jump before we could shoot so that made it harder for pkérs, but more easy
for miner to have a chance.
but then cars came and made it easy to pk but with no gain and no real risk for miner.

now pkérs want cars to be lootable too but that would kinda leave the miner with no chance and it would also
be bad for pkérs cus then no miner would go there so it would leave the pkérs without anything to do.

there is also the problem with cars used as shields, but thats a whole other "noob" story.
cars also hurt normal miners and noobs since hardly any uses ME so nexus and sweat dropped in price.

i know alot of miners have stopped going to the lootables areas cus its to expensive to pay for
the toxic shots all the time. some of them had become real good at getting away before but now they are screwed

in my mind cars shouldnt be able to enter lootables areas, leaving it a fun and fair place for all.

in a way it also hurts hunters cus not as many ppl are interrested in high tier weapons and pvp armor since there is nothing to fight about really so prices are also dropping on that.

What do you think ?

Last edited:
I chose 'I have an idea' and proceeded to type it out.

I started to argue with myself and eventually totally shot my own idea down and flamed myself :eek:

So I change my vote to:

No cars in lootable pvp :ahh:

Cars shud be lootable.
Not only content of car inventory but car and it ownership if ava is killed untill car is out of inventory.

For all areas - lootable and non lootable cars shud have terible decay if used out of special designed roads. Thats as gift for driving in hunting and mining areas disturbibg ppl, agroing mobs and similar.
Same for town centers, noob camps and such.

Owners of cars shud pay taxes for ownership if they use them or not.

yeah its not easy to find a way so cars make both miners and pkérs happy and a way witch leaves something to fight over :scratch2:

Everyone who votes to leave things as they are ..... are well .... carebears ...

The fact thats cars have been left as is has resulted in the death of 'PvP MU' since both miners and hunters can do as they please with 0 chance of loosing anything more than their toxic shot ...

There are people hunting mulaak'f in no armour and using trees to trap them. This would not be possible is cars were lootable since they would be instantly killed by a pK'er.

My option is to make cars lootable and have a timer on sending it to storage similar to the delay on the tp chip.

My option is to make cars lootable and have a timer on sending it to storage similar to the delay on the tp chip.

i thought about that too but how do you do it so its fair for both miners and pkérs ?

takes max 5 sec for a car to drive up to you and be rdy to kill, so a timer would kinda screw the miners causing them to stay out i think.

i liked the fact that both miners/pkérs where kinda even before cuz they all used tp chips and had kinda same chances

voted "out of lootable areas". It certainly felt more fun before even though I have to admit that I get less heart attacks today :)

Some of the old strategies of staying alive (or not get looted) are now obsolete. Ofc new ones are around but they require less action.

One additional problem is probably for pker vs pker/hunter. A group of 2 vehicles with 2-4 persons is guaranteed to kill almost everyone that comes in radar range. That must be a problem also for hunters in there who in the past could have had more chances of escaping when a pk squad would come close. But then again what do I know.. I never hunt there :p

i thought about that too but how do you do it so its fair for both miners and pkérs ?

takes max 5 sec for a car to drive up to you and be rdy to kill, so a timer would kinda screw the miners causing them to stay out i think.

i liked the fact that both miners/pkérs where kinda even before cuz they all used tp chips and had kinda same chances

Lootable PvP is not meant to be biased towards the miner or hunter. The zone is designed so that those with 'skill' are able to hunt exclusive mobs and mine exclusive ore/enmatter in order to recieve the increased MU items.

I do agree there is a balance that needs to be sorted out however it 'was' slightly tipped towards the pK'ers a few VU's ago ... however at the moment its like MA have dropped a freight train on the other end of the scale so that its safer to mine in PvP4 than mine at PA ......

I'd say no cars.. or slower cars/shorter TP chip load time and lootable car storage :)

its kinda my point...
before all had a chance and took some effort from both miner/pkérs.
now they made it to easy for pkérs while also making a "save" place for miners.

"no" any risk for miners and no gain for pkérs

really good notice, no cars in lootable areas, or maby a fee for it, in sweat.

I think it would be OK for ava's and cars to be looted only if they were not guaranteed to be completely looted every time.

Should be just like hunting, there's no guarantee for a loot (or ammo) EVERY kill.

Seems folks would venture into PVP 3/4 more if they knew they at least had a chance to escape with some of their own earnings if PK'd.

You're kidding right? A miner with minimal armor/weaponry in order to stay "light". Alot of times with minimal or no PK skills. Was EQUAL to a 200HP + PK'er in Infiltrator and 3E(L) plates with LR66, ML45, and XT/Evil??? I don't mine in PVP4 as I'm usually too busy hunting.... however..... it's about time the Miners had the edge. I think MA|FPC realized that something had to be done to help the lesser skilled be able to compete in this game.... and this is just one of MANY things they have implemented.

Menace

Lootable PvP is not meant to be biased towards the miner or hunter. The zone is designed so that those with 'skill' are able to hunt exclusive mobs and mine exclusive ore/enmatter in order to recieve the increased MU items.

I do agree there is a balance that needs to be sorted out however it 'was' slightly tipped towards the pK'ers a few VU's ago ... however at the moment its like MA have dropped a freight train on the other end of the scale so that its safer to mine in PvP4 than mine at PA ......

PVP4 like areas are not PVP but PVV ( Pker versus Victim)
PvP4 shud be pkers versus pkers area only - no mobs or ores - yust big ring.
For ppl who like pking, not for ppl who like robery or killing defendless avas with lot less skills, gear or hp.
Yust pkers for pkers.

You're kidding right? A miner with minimal armor/weaponry in order to stay "light". Alot of times with minimal or no PK skills. Was EQUAL to a 200HP + PK'er in Infiltrator and 3E(L) plates with LR66, ML45, and XT/Evil??? I don't mine in PVP4 as I'm usually too busy hunting.... however..... it's about time the Miners had the edge. I think MA|FPC realized that something had to be done to help the lesser skilled be able to compete in this game.... and this is just one of MANY things they have implemented.

Menace

Spoken like a true carebear menace.

Why dont you have a chat to viginti?

He was able to consistantly escape from pK'ers prior to cars even with their fancy weapons. He managed to profit daily from PvP4 ....

Cars have made it sooo easy for people to mine and hunt inside the zone that the MU on everything found there is a joke ....

Menace

well before the pkérs had to charge tp chip and jump the miner, so the miner had the same time to charge there chip and jump away, so yeah kinda even chance
or miners could just let a mob kill them before the pkér could get in range for a killing shot, now it takes max 5 sec from the miner enters the pkérs radar til he is dead, so he doesnt even have time to let a mob hit him.

For ppl who like pking, not for ppl who like robery or killing defendless avas with lot less skills, gear or hp.
Yust pkers for pkers.

Dan,

PvP4 is a zone created with exclusive mobs and ores. The job of the pK'ers is to try and prevent the miners and hunters overmining those resources so that the MU remains intact.

And the Simple saying always applies ... Its PvP, If you dont like it LEAVE.

PvP'ers are having fun doing what they enjoy .... why should it be changed for some whining PvE players who have 99.5% of the land to hunt/mine in safely?

Yust pkers for pkers.

NO... most af amethera is just that.... or use pvp1/2
PVP4 should be for those willing to risk and those willing to invest to defend them selfes.

Menace

Somehow i agree with you .. but also i have an other ideea and opinion near by this thing. Developing game it's quiet oka and makes more intresting. But as it says PvP area '' let '' that are to be PvP . With cars all meaning of the Pvp has been broken. As well miners hunters pker's. Miners can mine easyer but can be coufgt easuer - hunters can be botehered - pkers can be avoided ... So i woul like the pvp are be as it was ... use Tp chip if u have balls to go in .. if you dont than stay away. I mine almoust 2 years without entering. And i think ther a lot ofplayers whom did and do. But however stufs what can be looted only in pvp area wil loose constantly its value. Than the question it why you shoul mine there ??? Just to be killed? Hunter @ least thay have different moob's wich loots pritty oka stuf's. E.G. Mulaak'f's ... So tham '' investment '' it's more safe than miners. As miner you go in and get same loots as outside, if prices will go down.

CHeer's.

Btw you can use '' bodyguard '' services if u need also to stay inn....!!! there are a lot of seriouse players whom accept to protect you in case you get a biggi there. I had myself and i was not back stabbed.

p.s. just and advice for lower skilled peep's.

... Its PvP, If you dont like it LEAVE.

And many did leave, shortly there after came the PK'er whining.

There's better ways to balance the system to keep enough miners/hunters in the zone.

And many did leave, shortly there after came the PK'er whining.

i dont whine as a pkér but i also think of the miner... i miner can now be killed easy 10 times before he drops 50 bombs making it a 100 ped cost to drop 50 bombs.
and from the pkérs point there is no "win" other than a little ammo.

There's better ways to balance the system to keep enough miners/hunters in the zone.

arent that what we are talking about here :rolleyes:

Yust pkers for pkers.

Indeed, it's PVV, i'm glad another serious gamer is honest enough to says so. As a hunter/miner i always die, can't escape, and always loose my loot, which is bs. Apparantly hunter/miners use cars to avoid looting, but then why is it lootable pvp?? It can't be anything but an exploit, maybe this car thing is a test of MA to even it out, but it smells like an exploit that they will just correct, if they state it's a feature and it's still there after this vu i might just give that a try to make some of my losses back, so far i'm loosing every day due to the unbalanced PVV situation and my desire for a UL blix / UL adj hedoc.

To all pk'ers: give me a break, at least once in a while, at least when you already killed me that day/week. It's in your best interest, I'm a depositor (but i will never deposit again if i loose all my peds in pvp).

Indeed, it's PVV, i'm glad another serious gamer is honest enough to says so. As a hunter/miner i always die, can't escape, and always loose my loot, which is bs. Apparantly hunter/miners use cars to avoid looting, but then why is it lootable pvp?? It can't be anything but an exploit, maybe this car thing is a test of MA to even it out, but it smells like an exploit that they will just correct, if they state it's a feature and it's still there after this vu i might just give that a try to make some of my losses back, so far i'm loosing every day due to the unbalanced PVV situation and my desire for a UL blix / UL adj hedoc.

To all pk'ers: give me a break, at least once in a while, at least when you already killed me that day/week. It's in your best interest, I'm a depositor (but i will never deposit again if i loose all my peds in pvp).

well it is lootable pvp so you take the risk.
alot of ppl hunted/mined in there before and did good without being a pkér.

before it was about being smart..... now you can even be completely drunk and still be "safe" aslong as you have a car lol

I want to undo my vote of "get cars out of lootable areas ?"

one thing that make me love EU is the ability to go everywhere whenever you like and that would be bad I realized now, so I cant vote really as I want the lootable areas back to as it was too but not destroy the go anywhere feel of the planets

hehe PVP has never been true pvp in EU yet.
Its either been the pk'er one shotting most of their targets before they apeared on radar even, against a player with a slower PC or connection.

Or the newer player with low skills and a big CC grabin unefficiant uber armor and gettin away.

There were sooo many times I chanced pvp 4 pre vu 10 mining that I was one shotted and NEVER saw who killed me other then them coming to revive to talk shit how they sucker killed a miner while drilling a claim.

A sucker kill is NOT pvp its just that a sucker kill. No skills involved.

You wanna make pvp true pvp then off goes radar...off goes dragin bars from players as soon as you enter pvp they clear from screen. No cars and no tp chips.

Now you are down to real PK skills.

Make it so its fair and BOTH sides have to pay attention to their surrounding the PK'r must get to the inner radar circle (or sat half the distance between inner and outter ring) without being seen or the target must see pk'r and keep him outta that circle. Once both are within that range I think an instanced area should start and then its a one on one or team on one if all make it to the ring within a certain time delay before instance starts. Then it will be true pvp and not sucker kills.

Stalking skills and terrain use comes into play and the attack / escape is determined by the players agi and knowlege of terrain use. That way a nub aint out running an uber who has skilled more nor is a miner just pressing a button sending rewards into space as he dies.

All this crying how its unfair on both sides is BS until it becomes a true pvp situation and not this crap its been since I started to play.

I know when I hunted your ass had to position yourself for a kill and the target had natural skills to avoid you..PVP has been nothing but a pretty version of duckhunt since I been here.

I do everything in PVP4 ,hunt, mine and pk...

However i basicly never find anyone to pk there if i dont go into the mulak area but those players still have to good gear/avatar skills for me.

First i wanted a change to the current system but i realise now if such a change will happen, how will i ever find anyone to kill?

With the current system you do get more loot back then ammo spent when you pk (atleast i do) and sometimes you even score a big loot from some dude.

If this system is gonna change, i want to see a damage reduction in pvp and possibly headshots, this way RL skill will have a higher impact then gear.

hehe PVP has never been true pvp in EU yet.
Its either been the pk'er one shotting most of their targets before they apeared on radar even, against a player with a slower PC or connection.

Or the newer player with low skills and a big CC grabin unefficiant uber armor and gettin away.

There were sooo many times I chanced pvp 4 pre vu 10 mining that I was one shotted and NEVER saw who killed me other then them coming to revive to talk shit how they sucker killed a miner while drilling a claim.

A sucker kill is NOT pvp its just that a sucker kill. No skills involved.

You wanna make pvp true pvp then off goes radar...off goes dragin bars from players as soon as you enter pvp they clear from screen. No cars and no tp chips.

Now you are down to real PK skills.

Make it so its fair and BOTH sides have to pay attention to their surrounding the PK'r must get to the inner radar circle (or sat half the distance between inner and outter ring) without being seen or the target must see pk'r and keep him outta that circle. Once both are within that range I think an instanced area should start and then its a one on one or team on one if all make it to the ring within a certain time delay before instance starts. Then it will be true pvp and not sucker kills.

Stalking skills and terrain use comes into play and the attack / escape is determined by the players agi and knowlege of terrain use. That way a nub aint out running an uber who has skilled more nor is a miner just pressing a button sending rewards into space as he dies.

All this crying how its unfair on both sides is BS until it becomes a true pvp situation and not this crap its been since I started to play.

I know when I hunted your ass had to position yourself for a kill and the target had natural skills to avoid you..PVP has been nothing but a pretty version of duckhunt since I been here.

maybe you should try it.... now there are hills all over so most places long range weapons cant hit you..
hp bars cant be dragged to screen anymore (they desapear when you leave radar).

maybe look around before posting :lolup:

maybe you should try it.... now there are hills all over so most places long range weapons cant hit you..
hp bars cant be dragged to screen anymore (they desapear when you leave radar).

maybe look around before posting :lolup:

Hehe yer fahhie..

Lets see.. Im a miner I live off what I get from the ground..

Go somewhere where someone can take the food from my mouth...yeah not gonna happen.

I can out run a car...Nope thats not it.

I can out run a bullet or a laser beam... nope.

I can afford to aquire armor and skills necessary to survive under current conditions in there...Nahh thats not right...

I just know there is something I am missing here that makes you say this...

Oh I know!!!
You make a living shooting fish in a barrel, and you want your gaming experience to resemble RL as much as possible!!!

Am I close?

Just drop the lootable areas. Problem solves.

Back