PCF Rules Discussion Thread

Status
It depends on how you view it. There's only 5 category's of rules. These 5 category's are broken down to paragraphs. Most of the rules are never broken. During my 2 months as moderator so far, it is always the same 3-4 rules that are violated. It is flaming, general trolling, personal insults, disputes and accusations. So if we look at this more realistically there's very few rules that we work with, and these 3-4 rules are very simple to understand.

I can find you examples of at least 30 deletions with a different rule code. I dont want to spend that time doing that but Sweaters are the most patient of people, and I could do it in a few days.

Lets just say there are 48, and I've seen most of 'em enforced over the past 9 years :D

Moderators have final say.. in every forum. They are the gods. I don't know what you've been smoking but this is a moderated forum, the rules are there, you've already agreed to them. You have no argument.

The fact that they haven't deleted all your countless threads and posts of grand standing and try to lead a revolt against the moderators is counter to your assertions.

Grand Standing - really. My "beef" is two fold:

1. Over moderation.
2. Lack of morals.

Why lead a virtual revolt? What's the point.

I can find you examples of at least 30 deletions with a different rule code. I dont want to spend that time doing that but Sweaters are the most patient of people, and I could do it in a few days.

Lets just say there are 48, and I've seen most of 'em enforced over the past 9 years :D

Which of the rules do you think is unnecessary, and in what way would it benefit the community if it wasn't there?

Which of the rules do you think is unnecessary, and in what way would it benefit the community if it wasn't there?

A bit easy that one e-lite. One might say "bullseye" ;)

2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism
Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

Oh yes, there are others.

I think the rule about not being able to criticize mod or admin in public does away with any form of transparency principle.
Such a rule implies that they will likely do things that need to remain secret because a large number of people would disagree.

I notice that you made it clear that you weren't actually interested in buying the item yourself, so it's not like you were a potential purchaser making a legitimate enquiry.
Are only potential customers allowed to post in a buying or selling thread? :confused:

Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

You are so breaking rule 2.14 with that post. :wise:

You are so breaking rule 2.14 with that post. :wise:

You will notice

• No Adequate Reply
  • The Next Answer

Serica may have let e-lite into some info he was previously unaware of until now.

I think the rule about not being able to criticize mod or admin in public does away with any form of transparency principle.
It sure does (to a degree).

Then again, it allows u to "take prisoners". Suppose somebody was just trolling a little - something that won't get u banned. Post gets deleted and in the heat of the moment this guy says all the mods are nazi. If arguing with mods is allowed every hot thread would end up with a Third World War between mods and posters. Things would escalate faster than u can say Oh.
Would be lot of fun for a while maybe.. but the only way it could end is a nice fat ban for lots of ppl.

If u can just delete these posts u don't have to kill off the ppl every time... relatively soft approach and much more efficient, doncha think? :)

Mega prolly doesn't agree. Chaotic ones hate efficient :)

Mega prolly doesn't agree. Chaotic ones hate efficient :)

You'll be surprised, had some former enemies on my friend list.

It's all a matter of perspective

Whilst we are here:

FREE PEEZLE

Just be nice as often as possible - peezle was always nice, he just didnt always make sense. Hardly a crime IMO :)

Such a rule implies that they will likely do things that need to remain secret because a large number of people would disagree.

We're aware that not every decision we make is going to be 'popular'. 'Popularity' is not part of our decision-making process though.

With some members in particular, any mod action can result in multiple offtopic posts that then hijack the discussion in that thread.
And sometimes pop up all over the forum, disrupting discussion in multiple threads.
"Off-topic content breeds more off-topic content".

Rule 2.14 allows the staff to limit the impact of that on other members, that so that everyone can return to the civil, informative and constructive discussion about Calypso/Entropia that the forum aims to encourage.

When it comes down to it: this is, and always has been, a moderated forum which has been operating for over 10yrs now. It not only has volunteer moderators, but the 'Reported Post' function effectively supports peer-moderation, in that members can report posts that don't comply with the forum rules.
Moderated forums tend to have more productive discussion and are longer lasting, as disruptive behaviour is limited by the staff.
Most long-term social forums on the internet are moderated for this reason.

There have been multiple unmoderated forums for the game in the past.
None survived long.

FREE PEEZLE

Just be nice as often as possible - peezle was always nice, he just didnt always make sense. Hardly a crime IMO :)
Yeah. On this one I'm totally with u bro. Peezle was so.. Peezle.
Actually he was the peezle'st peezle i've ever peezled. That definitely peezles something! Just not entirely sure, what exactly. :scratch2:

Last edited:
None survived long.

I love you to bits Serica as you well know.

As it is unlikely you will develop a sense of humour.... 365 counting down.

Already asking around to other Entropians where we can go, and thats a BAD state of affairs.

None survived long.

There is a place.
And we will live on.
In freedom!

Details to come.

The Exodus is nigh!

Goodbye, cruel buying/selling forum.

There is a place.
And we will live on.
In freedom!
Details to come.
The Exodus is nigh!

You two keep this up and this forum is deader than Einstein's brain.

I'm hearing this in-game and elsewhere, people either dont want to post or even SCARED to post.

I'm not scared of that 'newbie' Serica chasing me around asking to fap me for money in 2006 at Troy.

Internet has a memory, when you keep deleteing EVERYONE's post. Well, ask how that went for others in other uprising's.

Before there Was Entropia Forum, there was Entropia Pioneeer's. This forum doesnt have a right to rule.

If people cant talk freely here, they will do so somewhere else. Right?

There is a place.
And we will live on.
In freedom!

Going by past experience, a completely unmoderated forum will last a matter of weeks or months.

And most of those who stomped off into the distance will return here. :laugh:

However, before any of you decide to burn any bridges in going off to find 'freedom', please bear in mind:
If someone is permanently banned here for repeatedly abusing the forum's rules, they don't get to return ... ever.

Power is so inebriating.

Going by past experience, a completely unmoderated forum will last a matter of weeks or months.

And most of those who stomped off into the distance will return here. :laugh:

However, before any of you decide to burn any bridges in going off to find 'freedom', please bear in mind:
If someone is permanently banned here for repeatedly abusing the forum's rules, they don't get to return ... ever.

More Threats

Lawful Evil

Bring back Peezle!

Lets have a laff while we there, before I go :zzz:

Me vs Serica as Moderator. Least I can have a laugh. :D

I win, you pack your bags, and remind people this is a forum about having fun.

Last edited:
More Threats

Lawful Evil

Bring back Peezle!

Sadly, this game would have been much better off if we all stayed here, with moderate moderation. But there was simply too much moderation, and so, instead of a place with some rules, we are forced to a place with no rules. And the bloody trail of unlimited free speech will drip into every corner of this game.

If MA was smart, they would have made fewer rules, with less ambiguity, and came to an agreement we all could live with. But they didn't, and unfortunately it is going to hurt the game way more. Moving to a unmoderated forum is going to allow some major negativity about this game, and that is not good at all, but we need to be able to talk freely about scammers, exploiters, dickheads, and shady traders. This freedom is more important to us as a collective than anything else. We must stop protecting the people that are killing this game.

I wish MA could see this before it goes too far. There are over 100 of us now, regular users and contributors. We are interviewing other forum owners, looking for the best fit. I don't want to leave, and most of them do not either, but we HAVE to come to an agreement about some of these rules. We simply can NOT allow criminals to be protected. And if we have beefs with each other, we need to be allowed to sort it out, and not have everything deleted all the time. We need to swear, fight, and name names. That is how the real world works. You cannot make different rules.

You want this to be civilized? Well, for every "civilized" blue blood sitting in their red leather chairs sipping wine and laughing at the proletariat, there are 1000 real men and women that drink, fight, eat, sleep and fuck their way through life. and I tell yeah what...those people do a much better job of determining what is right, calling out bullshit, and meting out justice than any rich "civilized" corrupt chickenshit that never gets his hands dirty or messes with the status quo because he is afraid he will lose his job at the bank and his trophy wife will take his yacht.

If we name names, allow it.
If we swear allow it. Once it is allowed, trust me, most of it will stop.
If we fight, let us finish it. We can work stuff out. We are all clever and functional, or we wouldn't be playing this game. We can end fights ourselves, apologize ourselves, and even become friends .
And if we question the world, let us find the answers.

It is the only way this can work.

Last edited:
There is a place.
And we will live on.
In freedom!

Details to come.

The Exodus is nigh!

Goodbye, cruel buying/selling forum.
Taco was speeding over Lake Gethsemane on his brand new Type-5 (C,L with 100% tiarak textures) when he saw Jesus standing at the shoal feeding some small fish.
"Come on man, hop in!" shouted Taco.
"Where u headed?" asked Jesus.
"Out, out of this world!" said Taco.
"Allright, I'll hitch a ride but I'll have to get off at Mount Calvary.
Gotta visit the carnival there first," said Jesus.

Sry, quoted by memory. Substituted Taco for Camus

Reactions: San
Bring back Peezle!

This could be one of the main reason the forum has been upside down these last few months. Peezle for President!

Sadly, this game would have been much better off if we all stayed here, with moderate moderation. But there was simply too much moderation, and so, instead of a place with some rules, we are forced to a place with no rules. And the bloody trail of unlimited free speech will drip into every corner of this game.

If MA was smart, they would have made fewer rules, with less ambiguity, and came to an agreement we all could live with. But they didn't, and unfortunately it is going to hurt the game way more. Moving to a unmoderated forum is going to allow some major negativity about this game, and that is not good at all, but we need to be able to talk freely about scammers, exploiters, dickheads, and shady traders. This freedom is more important to us as a collective than anything else. We must stop protecting the people that are killing this game.
I wish MA could see this before it goes too far.

First the sensible bit, which people always forget I'm capable of.

Always was a shame (some would say disaster) to have people start on 6 different planets and chat on 6 different forums.

Next bit is the not sensible bit, because I never know when I'll get banned.

I own 2 cats, neither of them green, but I'm appalled at not only by the treatment lately of soc-mates and when I was told some were "scared and intimidated" to post here, well, someone is evidently not doing a good job, right?

Vote of No Confidence.

(Thinking about it, even if I did own a green cat, I'm not sure they'd keep that hat on.)

Last edited:

Serica has been around almost as long as me, but doesnt always spot a subtle message.

This one is for you Serica.

Dont ever PM me again.

Where shall I post the threat from you know who. I hate threats, and this is your 2nd. Dont do it a 3rd.

Suggestions probably best to me via PM rather than this thread.

Obviously. ;)

(I do love how she PM'd me after I said dont)

More Threats

Lawful Evil

Bring back Peezle!

Lets have a laff while we there, before I go :zzz:

Me vs Serica as Moderator. Least I can have a laugh. :D

I win, you pack your bags, and remind people this is a forum about having fun.

Care to reply Serica?

Threats to posters, threats to me, lets be glad I'm virtual.

Get out.

Time to release a little tension. All of this will get deleted as off-topic anyway. I can't be arsed to look up the rule number.

Did you say Duck?

(Crazy Orgy I thought)

So it's only 1 rule that you think the community could do without? That rule in specific is usually a basic rule in all community's. You forgot to answer how the community would benefit without the rule you pointed out?

Anyhow, it's only a handfull of loud and colorful members on this board who disapprove of this rule. A handful of disappointed members who don't agree with the rules can't be the reference for how the community works. In the past 2 months I have only gotten 2 negative feedbacks on what I do, all the rest are positive feedback.

Status
Back