The inventory calculator (incredible new tool) [Now abandoned]

Status
Hi. The e-mail addresses on the calculator page aint working, and your inbox on EF is full.

Couple of bugs
1. The prices have gone wrong. Pancreas oil was ~300% yesterday, Liver ~200%.
2. The calculation of "carried" is wrong. The items that are equiped on a weapon that you carry for example, are not included in carried. Same is with the armor platings.

Thats for the bugs. I would like to suggest some improvements for both of them and can do some donations to support the implementation, as I use the tool every day
1. For the prices, users should be able to enter their price for items (price they are selling stuff for). The reason why this is convenient, is as follows. I use the tool to calculate my hunting run results, and I am sure many are doing the same thing.
It would be added value if you could present a "run results" view including the items in carried and in todo with market prices with background in different colors depending on the % or the markup. It would be much easier for me to spot the pancreas price bug if I had such a view. It would be nice also to enter my percentage or markup from this screen.
P.S. Ideally, the % should come from Entropia - this is the most reliable way. It should be doable by iterating over all items in orders available section and some OCR.

2. The calculation of carried can be fixed quite easily - start with the things that are in carried (list1) then look for other things that are shown location = one from the items of list2, etc.

Hi. The e-mail addresses on the calculator page aint working, and your inbox on EF is full.

Couple of bugs
2. The calculation of "carried" is wrong. The items that are equiped on a weapon that you carry for example, are not included in carried. Same is with the armor platings.

Thats for the bugs. I would like to suggest some improvements for both of them and can do some donations to support the implementation, as I use the tool every day
1. For the prices, users should be able to enter their price for items (price they are selling stuff for). The reason why this is convenient, is as follows. I use the tool to calculate my hunting run results, and I am sure many are doing the same thing.
It would be added value if you could present a "run results" view including the items in carried and in todo with market prices with background in different colors depending on the % or the markup. It would be much easier for me to spot the pancreas price bug if I had such a view. It would be nice also to enter my percentage or markup from this screen.
P.S. Ideally, the % should come from Entropia - this is the most reliable way. It should be doable by iterating over all items in orders available section and some OCR.

2. The calculation of carried can be fixed quite easily - start with the things that are in carried (list1) then look for other things that are shown location = one from the items of list2, etc.

hello thx for your suggestions. There are many things that i plan to upgrade in this software and i hope that next month Ido will have some time to do this. For sure you point out some interesting questions that we will try to implement asap. thx for the offert but EntropiaBay don t accept and will never accept any donations from users.
DC

No offense but
Animal Pancreas Oil 351.08%
Animal Liver Oil 206.46%
is a very simple thing to fix in the database and has nothing to do with coding. In terms of coding it would be sufficient for the current system to have a button to vote for deleting wrong price sales (if 3 votes = ignore or so).

update 23avril2010 :filtering

Will it be possible to add a field where its possible to make a find. Like i want to see all my texture. Then i type in and only entries with texture as part of the name will be shown?

We have add an option that allow you to filter your storage by text:

how you can see in the picture now you can search one or a class of items just writing down te relative name.

enjoy.

DC

Last edited:
Inser your own Market Value

Couple of bugs

All the Market Values can me manually modified. This will affect all the relative calculations. I guess this will fix the MV problems.

DC

Fixing Items with no MV

Hello
how you well know many items cannot be sold in auction, so them have no MV . This tool, between the rest, calculate this value but the items with no MV go in the "unkown" section. This until yesterday.............. Today we figurate out a way to fix it. Already many of the items sold by trade terminal are moved in a special section and the items with no MV are moving in the relative subcategories. It will take some time because this process is very dynamic, but for sure day after day you will found the list of the "unknow" items shorter and shorter.
Like usual thx to IDO for the help

DC

There is a big amount of uncategorised items and items in wrong categories and...
Don't recall all the problems, a great tool but it could use a little look at. Mostly RT items (ore/enmatter) are out of place but also the well known ore pyrite was wrong in some way.

I guess some items are out of place also because of MA not having them in the right "location" in the list.
Also a suggestion, list each category in alphabetic order please. They are not even ordered in the same way in each category. (i.e. armor arm guards doesn't list in the same order as shin guards)

Otherwise a great tool, the best of its kind!
If you want a sample of my inventory to have a look at, send me a PM.

Do you have to make a setting change to get items to list which planet they are on? or is this not happening for everyone at the moment.

There are 2 problems with this approach
1) it would be so much better if we could have a user and save overrides of the price per user (aka real price). Examples where this would be very useful:
* for the wrong prices of oils - pancreas and liver as reported - fix once and no changes after each run
* for prices of items that never get sold in parts, like protector of empire armor
* for prices if items that are used rare enough so that they actually become tt food - like extractors
* for you to know and show the actual value of stuff - the prices are wrong for the above with the data from the site auction
2) with the current approach, the totals on top of the page are not recalculated after editing the price manually

All the Market Values can me manually modified. This will affect all the relative calculations. I guess this will fix the MV problems.

DC

There is a big amount of uncategorised items and items in wrong categories and...
Don't recall all the problems, a great tool but it could use a little look at. Mostly RT items (ore/enmatter) are out of place but also the well known ore pyrite was wrong in some way.

I guess some items are out of place also because of MA not having them in the right "location" in the list.
Also a suggestion, list each category in alphabetic order please. They are not even ordered in the same way in each category. (i.e. armor arm guards doesn't list in the same order as shin guards)

Otherwise a great tool, the best of its kind!
If you want a sample of my inventory to have a look at, send me a PM.

hello
the alphabetic order is really a great idea, let me write down it. About the 'unknow items' we are adding day by day all the new items and we are tring to put them always in the right location. It s a never ending work how you can imagin, we are trying to do our best. Pls send me a pm with the items that are not in the correct place and i will fix them asap for sure. thx
dc

There are 2 problems with this approach
1) it would be so much better if we could have a user and save overrides of the price per user (aka real price). Examples where this would be very useful:
* for the wrong prices of oils - pancreas and liver as reported - fix once and no changes after each run
* for prices of items that never get sold in parts, like protector of empire armor
* for prices if items that are used rare enough so that they actually become tt food - like extractors
* for you to know and show the actual value of stuff - the prices are wrong for the above with the data from the site auction
2) with the current approach, the totals on top of the page are not recalculated after editing the price manually

i get your points, but to allow you to do all this i need to crosslink your logfile with your account and then to store your modifications. This could be a privacy matter for many in the sense that many people love to run this tool in a anonymous way. But i guess it s not a problem if i can add some more options for registred users only.
let me write down this.

ok its not working for me at all. what am i doing wrong?

ok its not working for me at all. what am i doing wrong?

dunno, you are not giving me a lot of info about.

Normally you need just to login in planet calypso, go to your items page and then copy and paste them in the inventory calculator. Nothing more then this.
Pls let me know step by step what you are doing in order to allow me to help you.
DC

I have found the same thing that the tool is not working. Perhaps the layout of the original page being copied has changed? I am having the same problem on entropiatools web page, which is wehat made me think that it could be the original page being copied. It seems it does not paste the same (looks different to what it used to), even into say a notepad or word document.

Just realised that this is the first time I have tried to use either calculator since installing windows 7.. Should this make a difference at all?

Last edited:
I have found the same thing that the tool is not working. Perhaps the layout of the original page being copied has changed? I am having the same problem on entropiatools web page, which is wehat made me think that it could be the original page being copied. It seems it does not paste the same (looks different to what it used to), even into say a notepad or word document.

Just realised that this is the first time I have tried to use either calculator since installing windows 7.. Should this make a difference at all?

windows 7 must not make any difference cause i used it since months.
i cannot access the game and my account in the next weeks, but i will ask to Piotr.

DC

I copied from my items page, trying both Control A to copy all and just copying the items. When I paste it in and click submit I just get back a blank response with no items or ped listed

try just one line see if it works ?

If you paste a LOOOT of items it can take a while to process ...

Also what browser are you using?

I am trying to do a lot of items at once. I was thinking one line at a time should work fine, but I would be there all day trying to add them all. IT seems to be in the way it adds to the page now, the layout looks different to the last time I tried to do an item calc (which was some time ago now).
I just tried going into my items on Planet Calypso website and the new EU website and keep getting asked for gold card number, then item page loads blank.. Will have to try it again soon.

I have always used explorer. I am using windows expllorer 9.

I just added a pic to show how all items are pasting in now. As you can see, it pastes different to the original demo pics on the first page.I have over 1200 items, so would take more time than it is worth to try and go back through and fix them all up.
In the pic I have only added 1 item, but pastes the same when I do 'all items'.

Last edited:
I've no problem using the tool, with FF4.
I tried IE9 and indeed I get the same result when copying the list of items from my account page. (I pasted it in FF4 and its the same result regardless of which browser you paste it in)

However to get around this enable "Compatibility View" in IE9 for the page with the items and then copy the list of items and it will work!

I am trying to do a lot of items at once. I was thinking one line at a time should work fine, but I would be there all day trying to add them all. IT seems to be in the way it adds to the page now, the layout looks different to the last time I tried to do an item calc (which was some time ago now).
I just tried going into my items on Planet Calypso website and the new EU website and keep getting asked for gold card number, then item page loads blank.. Will have to try it again soon.

I have always used explorer. I am using windows expllorer 9.

I just added a pic to show how all items are pasting in now. As you can see, it pastes different to the original demo pics on the first page.I have over 1200 items, so would take more time than it is worth to try and go back through and fix them all up.
In the pic I have only added 1 item, but pastes the same when I do 'all items'.

Its a problem with your data try pasting it into a text editor and then replace all newline symbol with space symbol

It should be one item per row in the text box ... its weird it copies like that for you

Ido

I've no problem using the tool, with FF4.
I tried IE9 and indeed I get the same result when copying the list of items from my account page. (I pasted it in FF4 and its the same result regardless of which browser you paste it in)

However to get around this enable "Compatibility View" in IE9 for the page with the items and then copy the list of items and it will work!

Thx for the suggestions folks :) Servers are down for me atm so can't get into my items list, will give both a go.. Updated browser not long ago and compatibility view was turned off afterwards, just turned it back on again. I'll give it a go as soon as I can. If that doesn't work for me I'll try how ido said :)

Its a problem with your data try pasting it into a text editor and then replace all newline symbol with space symbol

It should be one item per row in the text box ... its weird it copies like that for you

Ido

Thx again,

Drooe

Changing back the compatibility view worked for me :D

Thx for all the help again :)

very happy everythings is working well. Now i need to spend some times to update the database.................. there are new items that deserve a location.....

DC

with the new VU all the mining gear is changed. we are waiting a little bit before to upgrade our database because , normally, after each VU bugs follow. Let say that in the next 10-14 days we will fix this for sure.
DC

Hi Dr.D.C.

The prices in the inventory calculator are really off - which makes my written down run results really off as well. In addition to pancreas and muscle oils, now the weapon damage enhancers are way off as well. 450% instead of 600% makes quite a lot of difference...
Really looking forward to be able to log in and save my overrides for the prices.
I don't mind about the privacy.

Another thing really needed is to change the "carried" calculation. It's not ok that the attachments on armor do not go into the carried if the armor is worn.
Why I can not use the inventory compare but use "carried" for my run calculations - because I have orders in auction. If some of them are won during the run, then all of the sudden they appear in auction - which screws up my results.
i get your points, but to allow you to do all this i need to crosslink your logfile with your account and then to store your modifications. This could be a privacy matter for many in the sense that many people love to run this tool in a anonymous way. But i guess it s not a problem if i can add some more options for registred users only.
let me write down this.

Hi Dr.D.C.

The prices in the inventory calculator are really off - which makes my written down run results really off as well. In addition to pancreas and muscle oils, now the weapon damage enhancers are way off as well. 450% instead of 600% makes quite a lot of difference...
Really looking forward to be able to log in and save my overrides for the prices.
I don't mind about the privacy.

Another thing really needed is to change the "carried" calculation. It's not ok that the attachments on armor do not go into the carried if the armor is worn.
Why I can not use the inventory compare but use "carried" for my run calculations - because I have orders in auction. If some of them are won during the run, then all of the sudden they appear in auction - which screws up my results.

animal pancreas oil (weekly price)
auction data:103.68%
peauction:101.22%
in game NOW:102.23

muscle oil (weekly price)
auction data: 106.79%
peauction:104.98%
in game NOW:107.87%

In order to be more precise i need the BO value too, but MA don t release those data. I sent them an email about, you did too?????

Like i said you can change manually the MV of each item, but not you cannot save this value. Also because this value is dinamic, so today is es 105% tomorrow 107% etcetc so also if you can save you own MV than you will need to change it daily in any case. Moreover, like i said, many people will not use this tool like registrated users because many don t want to associate their items to their avatar outside the game. it s some the we plan to do like optional function, but it s not our priority atm.

Carried items is not some decided to us............... your item log AUTOMATICALLY select this. We are just separating the items according with the item log informations. At this we add the function to AUTOMATICALLY sort the items by category (u have not idea how much work to update our database considering all the new items spamming around with the new planets). Also in this case there will be the possibility to allow users to change the folder(carried etcetc) manually but also in this case you will need to do it each time. Quite boring IMO. DO you have any suggestions how to fix this?
DC

Good Hunting

Status
Back