Flying

TheDudeCool

Hatchling
I was in awe of the graphics flying a Slepnir Mk3 VTOL readies for Take off (TY Arokh)
VTOL_Mk3.png

The Slepnir range of VTOL(vertical Take Off and Landing) aircraft are all two seater's, one pilot and one passenger.
Apart from the fuel the only thing you need to add is the new Up and Down action keys to one of your keyboard mappings to enable you to fly. As soon as you apply the thrust the views really take your breath away as you look down on some of the familiar land marks and see the sun sparkle across the distant sea, as you fly higher the stars start to shine a bit, the view is just as good as any real flying I have done. The only thing I missed is the lack of acrobatics, No looping the loops or 'barn storming' but with that said a very pleasing experience and I can only dream of the day I get me a HoF to pay for one of my own.
FlySwamp.png
Coming up to Swamp Camp in a Mk1

I hope this experience will be more widely available as the price hopefully will come down.

The Dude Cool

Yeah thanks to Arokh I could experience some seconds of flying (CTD bah) and it was awesome! I cna only hope prices lower too.

They selling just over 200ped so give it a week you wont need a hof just a small global ;)

They selling just over 200ped so give it a week you wont need a hof just a small global ;)

Thought they were selling for 1300?

Glad y'all enjoyed the ride. Been hanging around various TPs letting people have a go at flying for free since the first few VTOLs came available on auction. So far plenty of people have had a go at the 'new thing', so all is good. Share the fun I say. :)

x_x I will cry if thats true. Last ones I saw on auction were Mk1s with a startbid of 1000PED.

Also would like to extend my thanks to Arokh for the joyride.

Last edited:
x_x I will cry if thats true. Last ones I saw on auction were Mk1s with a startbid of 1000PED.

Wait... what... really? You didn't see this coming? How did you make it this far? :eyecrazy:

Wait... what... really? You didn't see this coming? How did you make it this far? :eyecrazy:

Geez, give me more credit than that. I know they're gonna drop in price relatively quickly, like cars did. I expect them to be 200PED within a week or two, maybe even the same price as the humvees. But come on, from 1.5K PED to 200 in a matter of 15 minutes (between my previous checking on auction and when that post was made)? Especially since theres been so few on auction.

Checked auction. As it turns out they're not 200PED right now, still in the 1K+ range. It's the hovercraft, not the VTOLs that are 200PED.

Never intended to keep the Sleipnir anyway. I bought it for a bit of fun for a day, and it'll be back on auction later. I'll buy a proper, permanent one in a few weeks time when the price is more sensible. :dunno: Sure I'll probably lose a bit but whatever, it was fun.

Hey, thanks to you letting us give it a go, I had a wonderful experience on the VU launch day. With Aerik flying, I went up as a passenger and then decided to do a parachute-less skydive (hey, sometimes it is fun to suicide). Thanks for letting me take a ride in it - I'll be buying one when they are more affordable.

Flying into Athena Spaceport

Just a quick note... I took a flight from Twin Peaks all the way over to Athena Spaceport, via a quick dive through the volcano, and it was a marvelous experience.

And the best part... I hit Athena Spaceport just as the sun was setting, and the blue light beams were lighting up the sky.

Chock full of awesome... THANKS MINDARK/FPC!!! :)

Back