Content Release 2010.5

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2010.5
2010-10-05

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

THE NEW PORT ATLANTIS

A new Port Atlantis has been built at the shores of Eudoria, as the continuation of the Gateway and the newcomer experience. The new Port Atlantis and the area around it are designed to make the transition from the Gateway to the full Planet Calypso experience easier for the new participants.

After having learned the basics at the Gateway, the new participant teleports to Port Atlantis and is taught the mechanics and concepts of the Planet Calypso in an area where he can meet and get help from more experienced participants.

This way, the threshold to the frontier world of Planet Calypso has been lowered, opening this brave new world to be explored by new colonists!

RESETTLEMENT UPDATE

The three corporations, Omegaton Industries, Genesis Star Interstellar and Chikara OmniWorld Corporation, have completed the major redevelopment project, rebuilding Port Atlantis on top of the walls of the original town. With towering skyscrapers, white beaches and an open marina, the beautiful sprawling city is a resort and a port of entry to the exciting Planet Calypso, the planet of opportunity and adventure!

A great part of the project was geo-engineering of the island where Port Atlantis resides. It was in this phase of the project where the walls to the first Port Atlantis were found, and it was decided that a new Port Atlantis should be built at the location. Some of the old walls are still visible at the north end of the new town.

Without features like Bank Neverdie and the Port Atlantis Mall, Port Atlantis wouldn’t really be Port Atlantis, so these were relocated to the new site. There are also new and exciting vistas to explore and hang out, and maybe even a familiar face.

NEW FEATURES

Expanded Introduction

A series of new quests introduces the mechanics and functions of Planet Calypso to new players.

New Swamp Camp

The Swamp Camp is again a proper swamp, and now it is a lot closer to Port Atlantis. The Swamp Camp missions have been moved from the old swamp to the new swamp.

New Iron Challenge

At the old Swamp Camp (the one that really wasn’t a swamp), there’s a new Iron Challenge available for the brave.

New Arrival items in Trade Terminal

There are new categories in the trade terminal for items for new participants. These inexpensive New Arrivals Equipment items are the items from Calypso Gateway training missions or similar items, and are aimed at the new participant to ease the transition from the Gateway to the full Planet Calypso experience.

New Missions

In addition to the introduction missions, Iron Challenge and adapted Swamp Camp missions, there are more than a dozen new missions to explore.

In total, this release holds more than 30 new missions.

New vehicle

There’s one new vehicle to get into, the brand new Omegaton Pitbull, a six-wheeled all-terrain beast that can carry anyone anywhere. It’s well-armored with built-in ABC protection, with great load capacity and off-road capabilities. This chunk of hardware is a hunter’s or a miner’s best friend.

FIXED ISSUES

• Name signs added to Port Atlantis, Twin Peaks and Emerald Lake malls.
  • The fog west of Port Athena is less luminous at night.
KNOWN ISSUES

• In the mission “Opening of the gates”, the award trophy is not handed out correctly if you choose Rifle. The other choices work fine. Do not choose Rifle, or wait handing this mission in until it’s patched.
  • The missions “Equipment help” and “Learn about the Trade Terminal” refer to a separate trade terminal for New Arrival items in the Port Atlantis area. These items are available in all Trade Terminals under the New Arrivals categories.
  • The map location for the Swamp Camp is still at the old swamp camp position.
SEE ALSO

Originally Posted Here

So the new vehicle is only mentioned in the FPC release..... My God NEVERDIE'S going to be able to create his own vehicles? Flying steel dragons, guitar skateboards, floating body bags.......

I was under the impression that Vehicles were a MindArk thing.... cool that they're a planet thing and planet partners can be creative.

Menace

Looks awesome, downloading now!

woo hoooooo niiiiiiicceeeeee update!!!

So the new vehicle is only mentioned in the FPC release..... My God NEVERDIE'S going to be able to create his own vehicles? Flying steel dragons, guitar skateboards, floating body bags.......

I was under the impression that Vehicles were a MindArk thing.... cool that they're a planet thing and planet partners can be creative.

Menace
Dont forget "NEVERDIE hears"...

sounds good sounds good!

PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2010.5
New Missions

In addition to the introduction missions, Iron Challenge and adapted Swamp Camp missions, there are more than a dozen new missions to explore.

In total, this release holds more than 30 new missions.
They will be available all the time or just a period?

Menace

yes, i thought the same thing.... quite interesting actually, it means that the planets will each have a bit more individuality.... though i suppose that this will not be a priority in the near future for Rocktropia, as they are probably too busy over there just expanding locations and mob types....

All of the missions are permanent.

thanks for the quick reply and congratz on what looks like a brilliant update!!!

---COMPLAIN MODE ON---
(im saying this before logging in, having to probably replace everything in my shop is going to do my head-in, but im sure in the long run i will be happier!!!)
---COMPLAIN MODE OFF---

thanks for the quick reply and congratz on what looks like a brilliant update!!!

---COMPLAIN MODE ON---
(im saying this before logging in, having to probably replace everything in my shop is going to do my head-in, but im sure in the long run i will be happier!!!)
---COMPLAIN MODE OFF---

Not to ruin the surprise or anything but.. All the items made it, they should still be securely in your shop where you left them. :)

Not to ruin the surprise or anything but.. All the items made it, they should still be securely in your shop where you left them. :)

I actually switched them behind his back! :)

The vehicle _system_ is part of the Entropia platform. MA also supplies a few "stock vehicles" in a library which are generic and can be used by all planet partners. The Omegaton Pitbull is a unique FPC creation for Planet Calypso and is not part of the generic library.

This sounds good. Can't wait to get in and check things out.

If only MA would get rid of the stupid fall dmg completely and fix the radar

The vehicle _system_ is part of the Entropia platform. MA also supplies a few "stock vehicles" in a library which are generic and can be used by all planet partners. The Omegaton Pitbull is a unique FPC creation for Planet Calypso and is not part of the generic library.

so they will only work on Calipso or other planets?

[/LIST]KNOWN ISSUES

• In the mission “Opening of the gates”, the award trophy is not handed out correctly if you choose Rifle. The other choices work fine. Do not choose Rifle, or wait handing this mission in until it’s patched.
  • The missions “Equipment help” and “Learn about the Trade Terminal” refer to a separate trade terminal for New Arrival items in the Port Atlantis area. These items are available in all Trade Terminals under the New Arrivals categories.
  • The map location for the Swamp Camp is still at the old swamp camp position.

So... what you are saying is... you DON'T know about the broke-ass radar? :scratch2:

Well, this thread is making me less apprehensive about these being this forum becoming official - we actually get responses from FPC staff more frequently now.

BTW - the -FIRST- Port Atlantis didn't have a wall at all. I'm going to assume you guys mean the Pre-VU10 PA was found, as it does seem that whoever kept redesigning the place was vaporizing most of the town before every remodel.

Does this mean the Pitbull will work only on Planet Calypso ?

Well, this thread is making me less apprehensive about these being this forum becoming official - we actually get responses from FPC staff more frequently now.

BTW - the -FIRST- Port Atlantis didn't have a wall at all. I'm going to assume you guys mean the Pre-VU10 PA was found, as it does seem that whoever kept redesigning the place was vaporizing most of the town before every remodel.

I agree... i HOPE FPC/MA will be able to respond faster.

Oops I’m so sorry, I was just cooking when that old gas range blew up! :scratch2:
Can someone call 911 ? Think we have a forest fire ! :ahh:

From what I have seen so far.. Great Job FPC !!!
:wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

Looks amazing well done MA!!:yay:

hehehe... mineva must have switched someone else s stuff.... all mine were there, well done by the way!!! and I am pretty impressed already by the location, the mall before was just too far away from people, now it is very easy to reach, I have already seen some newcomers in there looking around, and have already made some sells on some items which were just not selling post vu10 (i used to sock noob tools below mu, but even then they were just not selling)

anyway, +rep, not that I can actually give rep anymore:(:(

can we have rep back please?

anyway, +rep, not that I can actually give rep anymore:(:(

can we have rep back please?

*cough* lower left side, 6-pointed star next to the "report post" link *cough* ;)

As for VU, I'll check PA later when it's less crowded.

*cough* lower left side, 6-pointed star next to the "report post" link *cough* ;)

As for VU, I'll check PA later when it's less crowded.

Im running a slow connection and theres no lag there, its quite nice :D much like a real city, actual people there :D

Great job on the update - the new atlantis looks amazing, and the mall looks great,
as does the landing pad!.

also nice job moving the mall with all the items in, saves a lot of work for shop owners :).

OmG
pleeeeease
fix
the
radar
bug​

awesome new things, I guess.

But - imho - consistently being able to see mobs and other avatars would be much cooler than these damn new towns and buildings and planes and cars and all this other new :bs:

/end rant about a moronic bug, that would have been fixed a LONG time ago, if it cost YOU time and money.

Sounds very good!

I really have to feeling that FPC/MA are slowly starting to move in the right direction!!
It took them some time (6 years), but better late than never I guess :)

Back