Poll: How do you feel about changed mission rewards (after you have done them)?

How do you feel about changed mission rewards (after you finished them)?

• It's not fair. But thank you for the info. I will do that mission in the future.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Gna gna. Thank you for the info. I will do that mission in the future.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • It's not fair!!! I have done that mission. Got no reward. I want my reward.

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • I could not care less. Just give me CFD's.

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters

BlueEyes

Elite
Society
NBK Rangers
Paul Blue Eyes Melua
All 'old' players were able to get to the Calypso Gateway, when the Gateway was first released, for one whole and only the first week. The crafting mission was bugged for female ava's, male ava's could finish them, but there was no reward.
FPC decided to add a reward for that mission, which they did after the week. How do I know while I could not go back there, well in this post there is at least talk about intelligence reward now: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?199382-Attribute-Gain-Issue

Problemdescription:

• I did the mission but I did not get the reward as none existed at that time. No old player got it. I made a support case, when I learned about the reward. Got a negative response so far.
  • But new players (that start at the Calypso Gateway) can now get that reward (when the current bug is fixed, and if they encounter the current bug, they can make a support case and they will get the reward).
  • There are lots of 'old' players who were not online during the first Calypso Gateway opening, so they did not get to Calypso Gateway at that time and therefore didn't do the missions. But now I read, Calypso Gateway will be openened for proven 'Good' Guides in the future. So anyone who missed out on the missions, has a chance to do the missions at that time (in the future). But seemingly not the ava's who already did the mission.

So I feel cheated out of the reward that is now present. How do you feel about not getting a reward?

To be honest, I'm not to bothered about missing out on +1 intelligence, there are still plenty of Iron Challenges I havent yet completed, and theres a fair chance more will be introduced in the coming months (as well as some non Iron Challenge that also give attribute rewards). The purpose of the "one week opening of the Gateway" was to test and find any bugs, and that was one that was identified.

Obviously if I could get it retrospectively awarded that'd be great, but it seems there have been some problems with attribute rewards in general recently:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?199382-Attribute-Gain-Issue

The same situation can occur if you dont play for a few months and miss out on the Christmas gift(s) due to inactivity and other random gifts such as the 5 year Red Beret a few years back. I wouldnt worry too much over 1 attribute point though personally.

:)

So we can only vote that it's wrong in you're poll ??

So we can only vote that it's wrong in you're poll ??

What option would you have liked?
You can vote that you don't care, though.
And the second option is not about that it is wrong. Gna gna, means that person likes it.

To be honest, I'm not to bothered about missing out on +1 intelligence, there are still plenty of Iron Challenges I havent yet completed, and theres a fair chance more will be introduced in the coming months (as well as some non Iron Challenge that also give attribute rewards). The purpose of the "one week opening of the Gateway" was to test and find any bugs, and that was one that was identified.

Obviously if I could get it retrospectively awarded that'd be great, but it seems there have been some problems with attribute rewards in general recently:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?199382-Attribute-Gain-Issue

The same situation can occur if you dont play for a few months and miss out on the Christmas gift(s) due to inactivity and other random gifts such as the 5 year Red Beret a few years back. I wouldnt worry too much over 1 attribute point though personally.

I agree with you.

Whats the point in a poll if all answers are one sided to support your own views?

Yeah I know there are problems with attrib rewards. Thats where I noticed there is an intelligence reward.
I'm someone who like to do all missions AND get all rewards. I'm already 'troubled' that I can't do all missions, because of the mission branches.... but that's part of the storyline, so I can live with that (sort of ;))

Now this +1 int is at itself no big of a deal. But I hope it won't become a habit.
That's also reason of the poll. I want to know how everyone else feels about it. So far, it seems im not the only one who feels left out of a reward.

if it had been agility more people would be complaining, I think

Last edited:
Whats the point in a poll if all answers are one sided to support your own views?

Well, I thought I covered both sides... What option would you have liked?

Same answers for both sides is IMO a reqirement for a good poll;

• yes
  • no
or

• i think it's wrong, and want compensation
  • i think it's wrong but don't need compensation
  • i don't think it's wrong but there should be compensation
  • i don't think it's wrong and no compensation is needed

Those are just quick examples from my mind. I think that polls should have equal options to both sides to not be biased.

What option would you have liked?
You can vote that you don't care, though.
And the second option is not about that it is wrong. Gna gna, means that person likes it.

And i misread the Gna Gna, sorry bout that

hmm yes noobs go from 1 to 2 intelligence if they use it, they get more for an hour of sweating so i guess it is all fair.

This is not the kind of unfairness which gets me angry. Let them get the reward. Let them get the enjoyment. Let them stick around and hopefully become big spenders.

The gna gna option assumes the voter hasnt done the mission yet, what about those that have done it and think its ok to change rewards?

I did miss out on that option. Sorry about that. (Obviously I made this poll, because my opinion is, it is not fair, but tried to made a balanced poll, but missed out on that because of my sided perception)

If they add a reward to a mission that didnt use to have it, they should retro the reward to anyone who has completed the mission.

They have a complete record of who has completed what missions, so its not like they dont know who did and who didnt get the reward.

They(MA) probably have just not coded a function to do it. But really they should. If thats the case, then its not FPCs fault, its mind arks for not providing that function.

Didnt vote in the poll due to bad options.

Back