Sell Genesis, Omegaton, and other LAs to the participants OR change the way the taxes work there to uphold Marco's statement.

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Sell Genesis, Omegaton, Sakura, and other LAs and estates FPC "owns" to the participants OR change the way the taxes work (maybe even remove the taxes all together) there to uphold Marco's statement that Mindark does not take a "transaction fee" when players trade with each other. It's a bit like "taxation without representation" and also "double taxation" since most estate owners pay monthly fees to keep the shops and apartments with shopkeepers open and then they have to put up with trying to figure out ways to deal with the taxes and still stay competitive if possible...

I know that he probably was talking about p2p trading when he made this statement, but I'd definitely have to argue that shops that FPC "owns" the LA to should follow the same rule as p2p trading here since shops facilitate the ability for players to "trade with each other" and that the taxes are definitely a "transaction fee." Similarly, the decay fee on shopkeepers is a "transaction fee" so you might want to think about removing that fee too if you want to uphold the statement that there is no transaction fee for trading. I think that these two actions alone - removal of taxes on the FPC owned estates, and removal of the shopkeeper decay fee, would sustantially increase the participant use of the shops in these locations... I also think it'd not cause any massive losses to MA|FPC since the monthly fee to own a shop or apartment would still exist.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...co-said-....&p=2597757&viewfull=1#post2597757
------------------------
http://www.mmogamer.com/06/11/2007/...ness-to-attract-150-million-users-to-entropia

The MMO Gamer: Does MindArk take a transaction fee when players trade with each other?
Marco Behrmann: No. We also don’t take any transaction fees converting real-virtual currency.

Case Description
Category: In-world (game play)
Subject of query: Other in-world questions
Details: As an owner of a shop and booth in Omegaton, I wonder where taxes on my shops are going. Normal LAs and Malls have participant owners that collect the Taxes. Omegaton, Genesis, and Sakura seem to have no LA owner or main estate terminal for the entire LA. Therefore, I'd like to know, where the heck are taxes collected from shops in Sakura, Genesis, and Omegaton going? If it's going back in to the loot pool, is there any way you can prove it? If it's going to Mind Ark or FPC, why? It seems a bit like taxation without any form of representation since there's no LA owner to talk to like there is with other shops on other LAs, malls, etc. If you can collect the taxes together, similar to the way ammo is collected in events to give to the winner of an event as a prize, maybe you can do similar with shop owners in game or maybe collect it for something for LA owners in the cities to vote on how it will be utilized in a voting booth or something, making the community stronger?

Hi,

Thank you for your patience regarding this issue. Please accept my apology for the delayed reply.

I have been informed that in such cases MindArk and / or Planet Calypso are the owners in such cases and therefore receive the tax fees.
Kind regards,
===============

Last edited:
Sell Genesis, Omegaton, Sakura, and other LAs and estates FPC "owns" to the participants OR change the way the taxes work (maybe even remove the taxes all together) there to uphold Marco's statement that Mindark does not take a "transaction fee" when players trade with each other. It's a bit like "taxation without representation" and also "double taxation" since most estate owners pay monthly fees to keep the shops and apartments with shopkeepers open and then they have to put up with trying to figure out ways to deal with the taxes and still stay competitive if possible...

I know that he probably was talking about p2p trading when he made this statement, but I'd definitely have to argue that shops that FPC "owns" the LA to should follow the same rule as p2p trading here since shops facilitate the ability for players to "trade with each other" and that the taxes are definitely a "transaction fee." Similarly, the decay fee on shopkeepers is a "transaction fee" so you might want to think about removing that fee too if you want to uphold the statement that there is no transaction fee for trading. I think that these two actions alone - removal of taxes on the FPC owned estates, and removal of the shopkeeper decay fee, would sustantially increase the participant use of the shops in these locations... I also think it'd not cause any massive losses to MA|FPC since the monthly fee to own a shop or apartment would still exist.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...co-said-....&p=2597757&viewfull=1#post2597757

It does seem like a slight miss use of the system. But who cares if your money goes to some guy MA made up (Marc...us)that buys absolutely nothing? If Marcus had spent his money he made off rent buying UL stuff in the street, I have a feeling the transition to L would had been completed smoothly years ago :dunce: and would had saved sooo many nrfs to the system :eyecrazy:

I agree though that they probably shouldn't be collecting taxes, it does seem like miss use. Sell the damn things and let real players have player opportunity, Marcus doesnt need to sit on another building for 7+ years.

And then theres the cursed monkey paw wish to this game. Your new land lords will be twice as $ thirsty as MA ever was and your rent might go up. I dont think shop keepers should decay when placed in a shop at all, that seems a bit double tax. We might see in the future some contracting for this sort of stuff. How high can the taxes be placed? Because if the taxes can be shot up over night...we have a big problem waiting to be exploited.

Back