Name that Asteroid and win 5000 peds!!!

Status
You must be taking a piss...
I guess it's building trustworthy reputation in community...

BTW, what NEW Sony i7 laptop cost under $500??
Not that i believe ho got it lol

Probably one with built in graphics so you can't update the video card and it would use the main ram for rendering. :eyecrazy:

I guess Pesok had the foresight to have a disclaimer in the competition rules ;)

Foma, will you please take note of what Audrey said, up there. Since you sidestepped awarding 1st prize to Dalas by tacking F.O.M.A. on the front of his suggestion, I think you'd better go to the trouble of actually calling it "F.O.M.A. Fortuna " when you mention it.don't you? Otherwise it looks very much like you're taking the piss

jay

PS. If you must abbreviate it, you can abbreviate to F.O.M.A without giving (further) offense to anyone

wtf?

Foma, you're giving Dalas only 400 PED - when it looks as if he actually gave you the main name for your astroide (F.O.M.A. is just kind of your own name, right?)? At least a split would have been fair :rolleyes: ??

Reactions: EMW
I missed the last time prizes were handed out on Calypso. (I was stuck on a German highway in the snow. Oh joy.) Anyway, to make things easy for Pesok I would like to offer to take my prize of 25 PED in EFDs. With a current exchange rate of about 500 EFD for 1 PED that would come down to 12500 EFD. I think he can afford that. ;)

Hey, can we just let this thread die. I will defend OP because he didn't break the rules but I will admit I think it was underhanded.
If you have a problem with how this went don't visit his part of the Astroid. Continueing this thread is only hurting the owners of the other half of the astroid. Before anyone asks, no I do not own any of the other domes. I'm just trying to bring to light that by allowing this thread to continue you are hurting people who had nothing to do with OP.

I've just read through the last pages of this thread and these are my opinions:

- This competition has been a big scam;
- I dislike the use of so many CAPITALS;
- It's sad that other dome owners might be effected by the two above.

You also stated clearly in the now removed rules that, should one wish to participate in this competition, the suggestion should be posted in this thread. Other ways, such as pm-ing, talking etc. were fine but would exclude the suggestion from the competition.

To me it seems that you broke your own rules. Be it intentional or not, it just stinks.

Hey, can we just let this thread die. I will defend OP because he didn't break the rules but I will admit I think it was underhanded.
If you have a problem with how this went don't visit his part of the Astroid. Continueing this thread is only hurting the owners of the other half of the astroid. Before anyone asks, no I do not own any of the other domes. I'm just trying to bring to light that by allowing this thread to continue you are hurting people who had nothing to do with OP.

enough said ;D this was handled behind every1s backs it seems

I've just read through the last pages of this thread and these are my opinions:

- This competition has been a big scam;
- I dislike the use of so many CAPITALS;
- It's sad that other dome owners might be effected by the two above.

M8 he gave an oportunity for people to get some extra peds while they thought of fun ideas and posted them how is this a scam? i think it was a good event and would like to see more like these in the future.

I myself missed the calypso handout i will try to catch the next one :)

M8 he gave an oportunity for people to get some extra peds while they thought of fun ideas and posted them how is this a scam? i think it was a good event and would like to see more like these in the future.

Jaywalker's posts explain it perfectly on Page 211. :)

I myself missed the calypso handout i will try to catch the next one :)

Same here. Or I just take 12500 EFD instead of the 25 PED. ;)

I apologize for necroing this extremely unflattering thread but I would like to know who else wasn't able to retrieve their prize yet. Please let me know if you can and want to. Thanks! :)

I apologize for necroing this extremely unflattering thread but I would like to know who else wasn't able to retrieve their prize yet. Please let me know if you can and want to. Thanks! :)

i havent collected my peds yet. i missed the first calypso meeting :(
i´ll pm him if i didnt get mo money till next week. im a bit low on peds but i havent really much time to play either.

I wonder when the prizes will be handed out the next time on Calypso. Any news? I'm sure this will not turn into another scam.

Back from unexpected family trip(had a 1 hour notice b4 the flight) and ready to resume the giveaways, check the 2nd post for new locations(will try to schedule again on both Calypso as well as Fortuna to accomodate every1). Happy holidays every1!

J.B.Cash - your box is full

2nd post updated with new location - c u there!

I wonder when the prizes will be handed out the next time on Calypso. Any news? I'm sure this will not turn into another scam.

Even if Pesok won't be giving you money it will not be a scam - it will be a lie. Whats the difference? When you are scammed - you lose some posessions. When you are lied to (at least in this case) your feelings would be hurt - thats all.

But I'm sure you'll get your peds.

not sure if this was a scam... I see a 5000 ped prize offered for the namer of the old CND. I see a bunch of winners, on the 1st - 2nd post.

I don't see 5k ped or anything even close, for the weiners, (winners).

on the old EF... that would be one thing, shrug. On the new FPC forum.. it's quite another, IMO. Pay up sucker.

not sure if this was a scam... I see a 5000 ped prize offered for the namer of the old CND. I see a bunch of winners, on the 1st - 2nd post.

I don't see 5k ped or anything even close, for the weiners, (winners).

on the old EF... that would be one thing, shrug. On the new FPC forum.. it's quite another, IMO. Pay up sucker.

Actually Foma claims to have paid out over 7k in prizes, the first prize having gone to an RL ladyfriend of his, who did not actually enter the competition, and who should have been disqualified, under the rules (now edited out) Some doubt that this woman even exists, of course. I think it's pretty damned shabby either way.

After all, there are many similar promotional competitions run by RL companies. I know exactly what we would think, if the first prize from one of those went to the girlfriend of a managing director, who didn't even fill in an entry form, but submitted her entry orally. It beats me why we should make allowances here.

jay :)

P.S. yep, the pun was intended

Last edited:
I still think my suggestion "The Rock" was the best :spank:

Oh, for crying out loud. Every single time when I have to be away somewhere. (My fault, not anybody else.) I can be in game in 9 hours, I hope that I will make it. (Probably not.) :(

TBH, the current name sucks a**. I don't know want the current owner was thinking about when he thought FOMA would be a great idea. It sounds like "hunger" in my language, and of course the initials for "F*ck Off MA" is not the cleverest PR stunt ever.

2nd post updated - c u there!

finally met FOMA and recived my PEDs. :yay: :yay:
i´m aware lots of people are a lil pissed how this ended but i think it was a great idea to include the community in such a way and even reward a couple of us.
Thanks again

I just collected my prize money and even got 5 PEDs more! While I still think Dalas should have gotten around 4k instead of 400 that was a nice gesture!

:yup:

just collected my prize, thanks a lot!

Not bad for playing a bit with the anagram generator

/Slupor

Status
Back