Cant open clientloader.

JakkDanielsz

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
:O
Howdy!

I succesfully downloaded and installed the new update earlier. However, the ground was gone in-game so i thougt id try to use the repair tool. So i did and now i cant even open the clientloader or whatever its called.

I get to the Terms screen, click "accept" and the nothing happends.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

/Simon.

Howdy!

I succesfully downloaded and installed the new update earlier. However, the ground was gone in-game so i thougt id try to use the repair tool. So i did and now i cant even open the clientloader or whatever its called.

I get to the Terms screen, click "accept" and the nothing happends.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

/Simon.

Bad news man :(

The repair is broken they said. They said not to touch it...

I have no idea what you are going to do :/

Oh no! why did i miss that :S If i have to download the game again and reinstall it i wont be online for another 2 or so month again :O :eyecrazy:

Oh no! why did i miss that :S If i have to download the game again and reinstall it i wont be online for another 2 or so month again :O :eyecrazy:

Did the same as you (before I saw the thread about the do not touch repair tool) and decided to do a full install HOWEVER I am thwarted by another bug to do with "downloading dynamic content".

A complete fuck-up it is! And it will be us that will pay for it from a financial point of view...

:mad: :mad:

Uninstalled EU.
Deleted remaining folder.
Re-downloading EU.
... 3.15 Gb and counting :mad:

Guess i'll join the club of ppl that tried the repair tool before noticing the warning not to use it :launcher:

Guess i'll join the club of ppl that tried the repair tool before noticing the warning not to use it :launcher:

Yes join the club of people re-downloading from scratch :)

I redownloaded from scratch... it's still not helping. It still screws up.

After 4,86 GB (5.225.553.920 bytes) i'm back online :yay:

Make sure you delete that remaining folder after uninstalling tho !

Pfff i'm in the club too, baaaaaah

Same here, deleted all EU and waiting for them to post that they have a new version that solves this insane problem...pretty fucked up on their part.

Same here, deleted all EU and waiting for them to post that they have a new version that solves this insane problem...pretty fucked up on their part.

I finally got it to work. Reinstalling everything works now.

just reinstall, and if that does not work, do it again... and again. Took me about 3 tries.

I love how no one from MA/FPC is trying to keep us updated about this.

All I have to say is fuck having to reinstall this. This game takes way too long to sit here and do that. How are you going to have a buggy tool and not make something more noticeable, like maybe a fucking warning in the client loader instead of a thread on the forum? How many people check for something like that before launching their game? Well I'm not one of those fucking people.

I try not to complain about things but this is complete bull shit. MA/FPC has some of the poorest customer relations I have seen in any company. No company would leave their customers locked out from their product without constantly keeping them updated about what's going on.

Their latest support news post says delete the dynamic folder and run the CL again...well guess what, it still doesn't fucking work.

I can't be fucked to re-install EU. Whenever they can fix their product. I will start playing again.

Well I gave up and watched telly last night and so tonight I come in from work and fire up the client and it started updating... 2 minutes of downlading and it started patching I thought WTG !

Then it finished patching and now its downloading dynamic content again... maxing out my not so fabulous ADSL line at around 170kB/s and it should be downloaded in about 7hours !! WTF????

I dont understand, it was all working after the update yesterday apart from the ground dissappearing when I TP'd to Fury so I made the dreaded mistake of trying to repair it!

This surely sucks... I'm just glad my broadband service is unlimited download, some players actually have to pay by the MB for going over thier quota! Wouldnt like to be on one of those contracts.

I fixed it with some help from support (and byteasc)

"Hi,

Please perform the following steps:

Make sure that the clientloader and Entropia Universe client are not running.
Delete the folder named "dynamic_content". This folder is located in:
For Win XP: "C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe\public_users_data\"
For Vista or Windows 7: "C:\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data"
Start the Client Loader (it will now open as it should) and all content should be downloaded again; after this the Client should work normally.
Let me know if you experience further difficulties after this workaround.

Kind regards,

Karin | Planet Calypso Support"

I fixed it with some help from support (and byteasc)

"Hi,

Please perform the following steps:

Make sure that the clientloader and Entropia Universe client are not running.
Delete the folder named "dynamic_content". This folder is located in:
For Win XP: "C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe\public_users_data\"
For Vista or Windows 7: "C:\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data"
Start the Client Loader (it will now open as it should) and all content should be downloaded again; after this the Client should work normally.
Let me know if you experience further difficulties after this workaround.

Kind regards,

Karin | Planet Calypso Support"

:yay::yay:

I will see you IG soon buddy :)

Back