Synthetic Mind Essence Should Be Removed From The Trade Terminal!

Remove Synthetic Sweat?

• Yes

Votes: 64 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 132 67.3%

• Total voters

olivia888

Guardian
Society
Time Travelers
Olivia Liv Forever
I am here today to propose that Synthetic ME be removed from the TT, and that all items requiring the Mind Essence go back to using regular 'ME'.

I have no problem purchasing ME on auction to use in my Teleport (TP) chips.
The vehicles are wonderful, but I still love all my chips, including the TP ones - I believe the fact that all the other chips use the synthetic sweat available at the terminal is ruining our favorite game!

It is bad that sweaters have a hard enough time selling gathered sweat at 3 PED per 1 k - the price should be much higher. If people needed regular ME for everything Mind Force- this problem would be remedied. They are already TPing less do to these wonderful vehicles, but must we make all other chips independent of Entropian sweaters?

A new player should be able to get a feel for this game, don't you all think?
As a friend of mine stated in his thread about sweat, many will fall in love with this game, and be more inclined to deposit and become longtime players if they see how well this game can thrive.

Sure, you will have your odd player who never deposits, and decides to sweat full-time as his main profession, but the majority will not.

Please make all chips run on regular Mind Essence that is made with regular sweat - gathered by our very own people!

Don't kill our game!

:wise:

I agree! Power to the sweaters!

Using regular ME made heal & attack MF chips totally uneco, which pretty much rendered the entire MF thingie useless, except TP chips - that's why they changed it, and it's a good change imo.

And, i couldn't care less about sweat prices, really - there are dozends of ways to get some PEDs on your card that are less boring, just use your brain - imo sweating should get people started, give newcomers an impression how the game works w/o the need to deposit right away - it was never meant to pay for an entire ingame career.

I seriously consider putting the last paragraph in my signature, with all the noobs flooding EU since the CND sale...

hmmm... interesting idea... but it should only be implemented if other forms of ammo are made to have MU too... so let's remove ammo from the TT and make it be made somehow... after all, by doing what you are suggesting would make all ammo for chips have MU like explosives and mellee weapons currently have... NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

When attack chips used regular ME, virtually nobody would use them. It doesnt really affect the price of sweat to make those chips use synthetic ME, because they were so uneco from having to pay MU on the "ammo" for them that nobody really took them serious.

IMHO, a better solution would be to add additional types of MF chips that use regular ME. If we had a wide variety of MF chips out there, it could possibly raise the sweat price.

Although it wouldnt necessarily raise it very much. The demand for MF is limited, but the supply is very much more.

When attack chips used regular ME, virtually nobody would use them. It doesnt really affect the price of sweat to make those chips use synthetic ME, because they were so uneco from having to pay MU on the "ammo" for them that nobody really took them serious.

IMHO, a better solution would be to add additional types of MF chips that use regular ME. If we had a wide variety of MF chips out there, it could possibly raise the sweat price.

Although it wouldnt necessarily raise it very much. The demand for MF is limited, but the supply is very much more.

"You must spread some rep before giving it to Fishface again" - So, virtual +rep for that very wise comment.

100% agree. I wouldn't use MF chips as much if I couldn't get the ammo easily from the TT at TT price. I'm far too impatient and lazy. I do however, still use a TP chip a billion times more than vehicles so I do buy a shed load of MF a lot of the time - I still wouldn't use it for chips though I don't think.

There needs to be other uses for sweat in order for the price to go up. Desirable, original other uses - not something that complements something else that's already out there. Stick sweat in tiering! It'll sell then.

This guy seems to know what he's on about occasionally.

Absolutely not, attack chips and heal chips need a tt ammo or they are worthless.

What they need to do is add more drains for sweat. Vehicles have drastically lessened the need for tp chips, and that's the real problem.

They need to add in an array of buff chips that use regular old mind essence. That would drastically increase demand, assuming they gave a decent benefit for their decay anyway. Id love a shield buff chip for instance. Something that only asorbs a set amount of damage per hit, up to a maximum of xxx protection per cast of the chip. And hopefully doesn't double up on damage absorption like plates do(heh).

As long as they keep it around 12 hp/pec protection and 1 pec ME per 30 hp or so(numbers off the top of my head), that would be good enough to allow some markup for the sweaters. And at the same time add a large drain for sweat.

Attack speed chips would also be nice as long as they have a nice long duration, etc.

All of that kinda stuff should use ME, but gotta leave the attack chips and heal chips on TT ammo or they will be worthless like before.

It is bad that sweaters have a hard enough time selling gathered sweat at 3 PED per 1 k - the price should be much higher. If people needed regular ME for everything Mind Force- this problem would be remedied.

i think there should be some rebalancing for the uses of sweat, but keep in mind that mindark added rookie gear to the game to make it easier to start out or for people to play cheap. countary to popular belief most sweating isn't done by new comers only, but by many that can't, don't, won't depo.

kosmos

countary to popular belief most sweating isn't done by new comers only, but by many that can't, don't, won't depo.

Exactly. Bring back the sweating cap if you want sweat price to go up. Or use some of Fishface's ideas...

I do agree with this Fishface, I just really believe that there should be another use for regular sweat...

Synthetic ME is the best thing that happened to Mind Force for years. I use it every day.
Why removing it and going back to the stone age when MF was practically useless because of the high markup?
It just won't work. Players aren't dumb. If MF becomes un-eco again, they'll just stop using it. It's a lose-lose situation.

Some additional uses (new chips that require normal ME) for sweat will be enough to increase the demand and revive the ME market. I think the new metabolic chips will do just that - there's high probability that they'll use normal ME.

Synthetic ME is the best thing that happened to Mind Force for years. I use it every day.
Why removing it and going back to the stone age when MF was practically useless because of the high markup?
It just won't work. Players aren't dumb. If MF becomes un-eco again, they'll just stop using it. It's a lose-lose situation.

Some additional uses (new chips that require normal ME) for sweat will be enough to increase the demand and revive the ME market. I think the new metabolic chips will do just that - there's high probability that they'll use normal ME.

agree 100%

I voted no.

But they should release some new chips which use the regular old ME. The talkked about buffs maybe.

Or introduce some vehicle aspects that can use regular old ME (maybe a speed boost? afterburner? thats sort of things).

That will keep people skilling some aspects of MF at least while still introducing some way of getting sweat prices up.

I have no problem purchasing ME on auction to use in my Teleport (TP) chips.
The vehicles are wonderful, but I still love all my chips, including the TP ones - I believe the fact that all the other chips use the synthetic sweat available at the terminal is ruining our favorite game!

Do you also have no problem buying regular ME for your attack and heal chips? Do you even use those other chips you would make use regular ME?

The only thing that would realisticly increase use of regular ME with the use of the other chips would be is synchronization chips were to amplify the effects of the attack and heal chips.

You do realize that Mindark introduce the syn. ME because WE asked for a better eco at mind force hunting and healing right ? So we are now saying that we dont want that but want the old settings backs and then nobody goes ME hunting anymore because it is too expensive and ppl whine about that again. You kinda see the endless circle here?

MindArk did a good job and listened to the Mindforce hunter to change it. Maybe they should make syn.ME sweatable (with regular TT value) and untradeable in the Trade terminal so ppl need to buy it of newbie who in turn get money from it. I think thats a better solution then removing syn.me agian

yawn ...

yet another pointless thread imo.

MA needs to make money, they are not a charity. Implementing your idea would do the exact opposite... And if a few sweaters would leave the game, it would not influence MA since they do not deposit ... But this has been discussed over and over again.

IF anything, I would make an extended testing area where n00bs can play with big gun and ammo, given shadow armour and modfaps ... Then after a certain amount of time they would have to teleport to calypso, skills back to 1, inventory back to 0 ... THAT way they could test the game to a full extend (kinda what MA ist trying to do now, just in a bigger style).

MA has no intention to help non-depositing sweaters ... Face reality, whether you like it or not

my 2 cents

Angel

I agree there should be more chips that use regular ME without changing the attack/heal chips.

Maybe something like anti gravity chips (more ME how longer it works), or Power jumps Chips that will increase your speed also.

I feel bad with the current price (with downward trend) of sweat. And there should be some mechanism to maintain the price at or above 5 peds/k.
I think the best solution to this is problen is to expand the use of regular ME. For example regular ME may be used to boast other chips actions say (dmg) that now use synthetic ME

Also, i think ME could be used to speed up vehicles to avoid mobs ( be on the land or in the sky). So, Rich player using vehicles would pay for the hard work done by the sweater.

There should be many other ways to expand the use of regular ME.

I agree there should be more chips that use regular ME without changing the attack/heal chips.

Maybe something like anti gravity chips (more ME how longer it works), or Power jumps Chips that will increase your speed also.

might be used to climb hills faster or jump higher

And the benefit of it has been mentioned by many in this thread.

MA really should listen to the players.... without their satisfaction this game is not going anywhere despite some recent positive improvement.

Last edited:
Whoever voted yes are illogical beings :silly2:

Sweating isn't "hard work". Ppl should stop to think that. Its dull, boring. But it is not hard work....

Sweating isn't "hard work". Ppl should stop to think that. Its dull, boring. But it is not hard work....
k if u say so! now remove that angry look from yoru face and laugh :yay:

what? Another thread in people compaining over the sweat prices and blabla more money to sweaters? :D

Keep the mind essence, the chips are way to un-eco to use as it is atm... Could throw all chips in the tt if they would need 140-200% ME to use :D (Yeah, removing synthetic will increase demand on regular ME, prices will rise to the old and sweaters will get their money)

I answered No on the poll fyi. :)

might be used to climb hills faster or jump higher

I can't see any good reason why people would use it when they can instantly just jump all the way around it with a simple tp chip, or use the vtol to fly around it/above it... If they would add this function, it would need to cost MUCH less me and a normal tp chip or ppl would never use it, thus it would not work to increase the demand of ME since it really.. won't be used :D

again I still think synthetic should be stuck in the TT, we need ammo for the attack chips and such :) ... would be really sick to pay 140%+ for ammo, lol, gl profiting (add up the MU of a limited chip as well and yeah, make the math. How do you expect stuff to go around? I just can't see how people think when they do threads like this..... You feel bad for the sweaters?)

No hard feelings btw.

Don't kill our game!

:wise:

Not having the sweaters here living on the people that deposit would truly kill the game...
:duh:

(Making people stay however, would be great as long as they started to deposit.... But yeah, sweating at higher level is not an option, so you might get my point... Make them realize how the game is right from the start, don't trick them in here by "earning money for FREE hard sweaty work... which isn't hard, just boring and time consuming. 95% of the people in this game will most likely NOT make a profit gaming :) )

i agree that having sweat prices too high would encourage people to not depo which would be very bad for the game. But it is also important to have new players.
I think it would be awesome if MA would increase the price of fruit, stone, and dung. This way we would see more players walking everywhere rather than just all packed up in Neas and PA :laugh: Also, sweating is not hard work it is just boring. Walking for fruit, stone, dung is both hard work and boring.

Instead I would say add more uses to sweat like oil+sweat=super fuel for vehicles :D

Instead I would say add more uses to sweat like oil+sweat=super fuel for vehicles :D

That's a good point.
have the choice for superfuel. so whenever a driver need faster speed can use that instead of regular one at a higher price.

I can't see any good reason why people would use it when they can instantly just jump all the way around it with a simple tp chip, or use the vtol to fly around it/above it... If they would add this function, it would need to cost MUCH less me and a normal tp chip or ppl would never use it, thus it would not work to increase the demand of ME since it really.. won't be used :D
Not everybody has a VTOL.. may be in the future.. also there are situation where it's hard to spawn the vtol.
tp is an option but landing accurately to the indented location is hard.

But think of a scenario where one can use the tp chip, While ataching it one can jump higher or climb faster ...but not faster than the speed of that person on a flat gound. and in this scenario the ME use should be less than a minor tp jump.

Last edited:
It is better that we have TT "ammo" for MF, perhaps have some new buff chips AND reintroduce the sweat cap.

Syntetic ME is already at 200% .

In same VU when it was introduced - all chips got double ammo usage.
For my chip ( lvl 8 ) it went from 9 ME per shot to 1960 SME per shot.
Now if we go back to use ME at 140% to 200% it will be 4 times worse as in begining.

Back