Do you make any money from this game? Questionnaire

I am still hunting an ATH, maybe thats stupid and expensive. I deposited about an Harley Davidson and what Parlog is worth now is maybe a preused Harley Davidson. From all what i have seen EU brings me more than for example paying a endowment insurance. Or a car or 4 years of intensive clubing, so i am kinda cool with my investments. Too many factors can be count as payment in here and again, i regret not a single pec spent in here!

If you keep track of your expenses and aim to profit, you will find it rather easy to play around break-even level, but it can become a bit of a grind at times.

Not so simple

I have been playing for perhaps 3 years. I depoed a total of 30$. My avatar is worth above 5k peds atm. Might be over 10k if i count all skills and manage to sell my bps above tt. I never did a withdrawal, but i do consider my self to be profitting, and i do consider the worth of my avatar to be a kind of financial backup.

When people talk about profit as hunter/miner/crafter is hard, and trading is more easy, they are misunderstanding the basic economical premises of this game. There is no way you can hunt/craft/mine over an extended period of time without sustaining a tt loss. This means that in order to hunt/mine/craft and to profit doing so, selling loot with a markup is a must. The notion that one can avoid trading altogether and not be a tt-looser, is false.

This means that everyone must to some extend be a trader to have any real shot at profit here, and that those who do good at trading will stand a much better chance to profit than those who cut any corner possible while trading.

I hope this clarifies something :D

Jack

Depositor here.
But i prefer the term "customer"

I think the number are around 5%, maybe 10% of the players...but dunno for sure. Some of your questions are stupid:p.

I believe it's actually that your answers are stupid :p
Just guessing eh?:laugh:

actualy i think people who win the most money in this game..are crafters and investitors..land dome owners,mall owners...and many top hunters too. Ofc..is not a easy road till there:)

Short answer in NO... you can play eco and make your peds last a very long time but without getting very lucky you cant take out more then you put in. (trading is the exception)

i hate it when people say "search is your friend" when someone asks a question. especially a new player. honestly though alot of the answers you seek are on this forum. especailly on www.entropiawiki.com if your clever.

some people post blogs showing their profit and loss on this forum. personally i never seen a point to doing that for many reasons. those blogs are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this game though. to answer your question yes there are people making money here but also many that don't. the money isn't made off Mindark its made off others.

I did spend quite a bit on my shop, booth, and shopkeeper... but those are really assets. They save me money because I don't have to pay as much on auction fees as many others, and also don't have to pay as much in time standing around trying to sell stuff at Twin or PA like some sort of drug dealer trying to sell their goods... I can put stuff in the shop and go off and do other activities in game, gaining skills instead of wasting time standing near a tp shouting. You could say I've lost money on the purchase of the deeds, but really until the time that I sell them, that's not really apparent because I may sell for the same amount that I paid or even for more... only time will tell. The longer I own the places the more that's being saved through owning them... just like irl you can use a house as a sort of investment plan.

Actual profits vary greatly month to month, depending on a lot of things... what I'm selling, what the market is doing, if I'm focused on advertising as heavily as much as I probably should be, if I'm just focusing on hunting or mining or crafting instead of on the shop as much, etc.

One thing I do like about owning the deeds is that it gives me something to do when the pedcard is low, or I get bored with other aspects of the game... that alone makes owning a deed worth it. It's very easy to get "bored" with the main professions... so opening yourself up to other aspects of the game helps keep you active even when you normally would not be - keeps you from getting burned out.

Interesting. I've been only playing for a few days, but there is no way I would consider this game fun in any aspect, especially compared to the other great games out there. I don't plan to deposit and I fully realize it will be a long boring road doing that.

this is the greatest of all the f2p or p2p, not trying to be rude, but u playing the wrong game hun, you need to change ur plan if u ever expect to enjoy this wonderful game

start around 1 year and 2 months lose total 4 k usd and my skils not wort more then 1k ped i chiped out also and sell and play again ......and about who make money how he say somebody 5% maybe the rest depo and lose and they whis in the skils ....mindark make busines to make money not to make rich somebody

we all make money and we thank MA and FPC for depositing :laugh:

I don't count my income/loses. Playing for fun.

Word!

But I also have my Dome 4 CND that brings me some money, but at the current tax of 1.99% it's not that much. I might sell the dome in the near future... the travel costs (to and from CND, 25*2=50 PED) is killing the fun.

No, I don't make money from this game. This game is a game. I play this game for entertainment.

its one who make alot off money the big striker:) wher ar u stariker whit ur youtube video mindark send u in holyday?:))

I deposit on a regular basis, I don't earn from this game and I do not loose from this game.

When you rent a DVD, do you feel that the money spent on renting the DVD was lost?

This is a service and you choose yourself how much you pay for that service and how you use it.

It's bad that this is adverticed as a place where you can make money. It is true though, that you CAN make money. But as in real life, it takes hard work, luck, investment or a little of all to succeed.:lolup:

The trick here is to understand this and then use money you can afford to loose. Set your personal levels on how much money you can afford to loose and stick to that. And another thing, HAVE FUN!, if this isn't fun, stop doing this. Don't do this cause you have "invested" so much and you hope one day to get it back, that's only symptoms of your "gameoholic".

GL and have fun.

i have not made any money yeat......
im a heavy depoer i would guess, i depo about 10-60 a week and i normaly lose it all by the end of the week.
i dont know i have lost maby...............$380.00 so far in just about 3 months

like i said i depo every week

Many players would lough at that.. it`s pretty far from heavy.

On Topic: I don`t make money, just waste those peds

I don't make money from the game, but my avatar is worth more than the sum of my deposits..

So I guess you could say I would be profiting.

Same here.

Interesting. I've been only playing for a few days, but there is no way I would consider this game fun in any aspect, especially compared to the other great games out there.

I came into this game expecting exactly that though and the only thing that is keeping me playing is the prospect of this real money aspect. I don't plan to deposit and I fully realize it will be a long boring road doing that.

But I'm interested in hearing how the veteran players are doing in terms of making or losing money.

At its heart, EU is a "decision-making" game. The individual mechanics of hunting/mining/crafting might not measure up to the action in other games, but the fact that there are so many ways to play and how you decide to play the game today actually could impact your irl net worth makes it very fun, imho. I used to enjoy other games, but now I always think, "what's the point?"

As far as depositing, I'd recommend you do it early on, even if a smallish amount. The sweating path to get initial capital is 5x as slow as when I started, and even back then if I had deposited a reasonable sum I'd be better off today.

There are many ways to develop ingame income, but they have a common thread--you will have to contribute to the gaming experience of others--that's the essense of free trade, isn't it?

and with the Euro being at fresh 2 month lows... it presents a nice opportunity for European people to deposit and get more peds then they could 2 months ago :)

Euro/usd was 1.43 now it is 1.3

a 10% discount... = a 10% increase in the peds u get in game :)

meaning if u depo the same amount of Euros each month u get 10% more this month then last month :)
or in other words 10k peds costs u 10% less this month to a euro user :)

No. When the € falls, PEDs become more expensive for Europeans.

€ at 1.43 US$ -> 14.3 PEDs per €
€ at 1.3 US$ -> 13 PEDs per €

So when the € is low, it is a good time for Europeans to withdraw.

When you rent a DVD, do you feel that the money spent on renting the DVD was lost?
More appropriately, do you feel you lost money when you went to the theater to see the latest blockbuster film? At most theaters these days, if you go ahead and buy the popcorn, soda, and a couple of snacks for you and your date, you are probably looking at around 30-50 bucks... add in a dinner to that and you just made it around 70-100 bucks...throw in a couple of trips to a few bars for that night on the town, add another 8-50 bucks or so depending on how heavily you drink and what the door charges are...

1k-2k ped could last you a LOT longer in EU then one night out...

Personally, 3.5 Years of play, averaging 3hrs a day. Total of my occasional deposits averages out to $21 a month at the moment. My avatar and gear worth at least total deposits, but that is not the point. The enjoyment I get is worth far more than $21 a month, and that is the true value to me. That I could cash out my avatar is nice, but I have zero desire to do so.

From the variety of answers in this thread you can see that there as many ways to participate as they're are participants. Some (a very few) earn a RL living, although the cost of living varies greatly from place to place, and the investment of time and/or money involved is significant. Many more play without depositing, which is a real challenge in itself, but it surely can be done.

Most players deposit, either regularly or occasionally. The amount of those deposits varies greatly, but each of us can make the decision on what and when to deposit based on RL income and our desired level and style of game play.

A few choose to make investments into the game, sometimes massive investments. This involves both high levels of risk and knowledge, but should lead to the generation of real income if done wisely.

The path from never depositing to earning RL money is littered with failure, but as an astute trader it is quite possible. Personally, that sounds like a job, and I already have one of those, but for some the challenge and reward make it worthwhile.

In the end, it is what you make it. Make it something you enjoy for the price you are willing to pay, and get on with it. If there is no balance you can strike that is satisfying, move on or be miserable.

:beerchug:

Miles

what u try to explain ther whit 1-2k ped in eu u live more?my frend i just lose 1.4 k ped today in 5 hours ...and somthing else dont fk compare the real life whit this shit real world what i pay in real life my food and my drinks i feel it ,what u feel whit this wirtual shit?i get bored to see some people how they lose them mind in one game ...and about the losing i dont care if i lose i have from wher to lose ...just somtimes its to fake the game

Withdrew enough to buy a commercial meat grinder in the summer, since then have made a couple heavy deposits to invest in gear. So no longer in the profit, but furthering my avatar is fun. And not paying markup for L sib gear has made the game more fun for me. Next on heavy deposit list is adj tap and a unl mining amp

what u try to explain ther whit 1-2k ped in eu u live more?my frend i just lose 1.4 k ped today in 5 hours
pretty sure you must not have been using TT weapons?... and that that's something you choose to do.

I'm fighting to stay even. Manage doing that? So and so. Really loosing? No. Making money? Lol, no.

Havent deposited in a long time.. but when the game first started i put a lot of money for the time in the game. 500 dollars - mostly to invest in things that were becoming available in the game at the time. e.g. Hangars, apartments, new tools, BPs, etc. Times sure have changed and i can see that the game is free to play but honestly if you want to make it in this game you need a plan, patience and money.

Your questions are kind of intrusive to most people. If you are trying to write a business plan for investors then i can see why you would want to know the rate of return. However the numbers that would look attractive to investors arent going to be shared with you very easily.

Got to be in it to win it.

I think I might give a bit more informative answer. I started 2006, and planned to play strictly non-depositing. I sweated and calculated all actions and purchases to the best of my knowledge, participated every random event that could give some Peds for some raw work, there were some (like plotting the revival areas back then). I managed to play this way all the way to, I think 2008, without deposits. Naturally the progress was slow, but steadily my possessions and skills increased.

Then, somewhere in 2008 after a break in other mmorpg with monthly fee, coming back to EU (PE) I thought again: if I want to be in Entropia - after all I came back again - why not pay the same I would need to pay to play fake money mmorg? Valid point. Still I did not start to deposit regularly, only when I needed to, and even then not more/month than planned. Never. Once after better HoF I also withdrawed enough to make it even so far.

Since then that has been my deposit plan. The grand total is really not that much, and my possessions and avatar are certainly worth a great deal more than that. The progress speed has been somewhat better last two years (I must confess this has lot to do with couple rather great HoFs, there is the luck factor), and would be certainly even better if I would deposit more. And slower without deposits at all. As I saw it few years ago, it is possible. I do not really know if the economic situation presently is so greatly different.

Btw my main profession has always been, and will be hunting. Mining is secondary, kinda hobby. Trading I do not do, and crafting only the same way I may toss a coin to a slot machine on my way out of a supermarket.

Last edited:
There are many ways to develop ingame income, but they have a common thread--you will have to contribute to the gaming experience of others--that's the essense of free trade, isn't it?

loved that :)
......and + rep

Why would I care about how other players are doing financially? :confused:

err then what are you doing in this thread? Just for bashing people? :trout:

Back