Remove 95% of all auctioneers!

Dhorm

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Bharol Beldor Tharak
Hello my suggestion is, as title says, to remove 95% of all auctioneers! I believe this will bring the community closer together inside the game and create alot more active hubs!

Not necessary remove it, just make them local.

What does that mean?

If someone places an auction at an auctioneer at Troy, the bidder must visit the auctioneer at Troy to be able to see this auction and place a bid.
There should be an option for global auctions (limited to planet + trabants "CND,CP") that could be seen from every other auctioneer, too.
If you win an auction you need to be forced to visit the auctioneer where the auction is originally placed.
For those that don´t want to do that, its still the option to pay a transportation fee.
The transportation shouldn´t be instant, you need to wait lets say 1 hour untill item is delivered.

Beside that remove global storage and make it local, too.

That will lead to some positive aspects.
Some tradehubs will be build.
Transportation and Trade will be a real proffession, and not only auctioncamping at one place.
Shops will become competitive against auction again.

That'd cause so much lag where the auctioneers are that no one would ever be able to use the auction. GoNi, like your idea about local auctions.

Hello my suggestion is, as title says, to remove 95% of all auctioneers! I believe this will bring the community closer together inside the game and create alot more active hubs!

And create massive lag!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eyecrazy:

Please remove at least 95% of stupid players from the game. Starting with those who have no idea how many players there are in the game, what percentage of those want to be brought together, what such bringing-together would cause or how useful having auctioneers in service centers is for those same players.

Bad idea... :wise:

The majority of players are rather reluctant to spend much time buying items,
that's why it cannot be implemented.

Also, it will hit negatively the game experience as a whole for many players.
That system would favor players who can spend many hours a day in Entropia, that's not everyone.

Finding a Korss H400 with good tier stats, or a low TT martial shin would become
quests on their own (...)

Frankly, a good part of the commerce would probably then move to a website outside Entropia (...),
as long as Mindark does not bar it.

The way the system exists today is actually very useful, it doesn't lead to big
wastes of time.

However, at the moment, I am wondering if the items from the new planets should
be listed on Planet Calypso. :confused:

and i wanna sing pretty noose:

i caught the moon today
pick it up
and throw it away all right
i got the perfect steal
a cleaner love
with a dirty feel all right
fallout and take the bait
eat the fruit
and kiss the snake goodnight

common ruse dirty face
pretty noose is pretty hate
and i don't like
what you got me hanging from

let your motor race
pick it up
and get this mother gone
out from and far away
the wooden stake
this thing has got me on

diamond rope silver chain
pretty noose is pretty pain
and i don't like
what you got me hanging from

i don't care what you got
i don't care what you need
i don't want anything
and i don't like what
you got me hanging from

-----------------------------------

very bad idea.

I want a personal auctioneer :yay:

When pets are back i will tame one, brush him/her all day and feed him/her with nutrios ... :yup:

Leave the auctioneers alone! :mad:

Leave the autioneer where they are please :yup:

Totally agree with Karl XII post! The auction system is probably one of the greatest achievements of Entropia Universe. The loss of time and discomfort that would come to remove the auction to benefit a few traders would be unacceptable. In my case it would be an excellent reason to find a new planet of this universe. I think that removing the auctions it´s a very bad idea!

not 95% but i do think a reduction in the number of auctioneer locations would help give certain towns and cities a purpose. also remove the crafting machines from every single outpost to select few.

while changing the auctioneers, also remove the buyout option (except maybe for certain amounts of matter/ores) so they become actual auctions, rather than a online shopping network. this would encourage inter-player trading and the use of shops and booths. they are currently redundant imo.

i like the auctioneers how they are. everyone doesn't want to go hang out in the lag filled cities or socialize. i am one of those people.

Let auctioneers but remove orders. Is the single shittest thing in EU.

If someone places an auction at an auctioneer at Troy, the bidder must visit the auctioneer at Troy to be able to see this auction and place a bid.
There should be an option for global auctions (limited to planet + trabants "CND,CP") that could be seen from every other auctioneer, too.
If you win an auction you need to be forced to visit the auctioneer where the auction is originally placed.
For those that don´t want to do that, its still the option to pay a transportation fee.
The transportation shouldn´t be instant, you need to wait lets say 1 hour untill item is delivered.

Yea, making loot even harder to sell and while we are it add some more fees, sounds about right. :laugh:

I get the point, but (auction) nerfs to get people together is really kinda a bankrupty on ideas.

Btw., what did the mall owners so far to make the malls more attractive (the shops and as trading hub per se)?

I vote to leave the auction and auctioneers alone. They work just fine how they are. However there are some other things that would bring the community closer together. For one add an auctioneer at the Athena Spaceport. This place has everything else close to the tp and beautiful scenery. I`m sure that if it had an auctioneer more people would gather there and it could become a vibrant hub of market activity.

You would think that the auction fees would have prompted more people to buy and sell in the cities but that has`nt really been the case. I think one factor is that there are`nt many places conducive to this right now since towns and cities were revamped. Twin is okay but often there are not many people there. Another is the number of active players on at any given time. And a third could be what has become of the sweat market and how it was devalued due to vehicles and the introduction of more types of sweat.

What we really need are more players and some places that cry out they are there for open market business. Of course this takes business away from shops unless they are incorporated into the given area. Bottom line I think is that face to face trading is good for the community in many ways.

I would agree to remove an auctioneer here and there,
but leave the auction system as it is or improve it.
Maybe even add a tab for the various shops to the auction.

having an auctioneer in every corner is fine. hunters/miners don't have to search long to unload their finds. also, if you bid on something and get notice that you got overbid, usually at the next revive there is also the chance to update a bid on the auctioneer. imo auctioneers are well distributed atm.

Please leave the auctioneer alone.
Dont want to spend lot of time to search in separate auctioneers.

Worst idea I've ever heard

Kepp the fuck away from the auction....kthxbye

I'm not really sure what to think about this issue, I'm like "yeah remove them more face to face trade", but also a little bit "but hey! That will be hella annoying I want to visit the auctioneer in every outpost im at"

I'll leave it to you guys to discuss it!

Well, good thing:
- it will makes resellers live a tougher live.
Bad thing:
- It will be even harder to find the (L) stuff you need. If you've' ever hunted with Sulfury(L) blades and you want a new one in the middle of a hunt (because you don't have 2k ped on your card as buffer) you understand what I mean.

Shops will become competitive against auction again.[/QUOTE]
There are two problem with *this*:
First, at lest for me, visting certain types of shops (those carrying "custimized" items) are virtually impossible for me to visit. Well, I can visit them but I need to wait 30 seconds for each item to turn up.

Secondly, while shops suits traders and crafters well, they're less ideal for hunters who want to sell their looted armor parts/looted weapons. And having 10 shops that each one, potentially, carry let's say Hermes Shinguards, will make it harder to answer this question: "Are there at least one piece of each availible on the market so I can get a full set of hermes".
Sure, it will open an opportunity for traders, but I doubt the typical mid-level players wants higher costs to play.

Maybe, just a thought, that there are well known auctioneers who go in for certain types of items. Let's say in Port Atllantis you have a tool auctioneer, in Twin Peaks a weapon auctioneer, at Cape Corinth a clothes auctioneer and so on.

But as someone probably will tell you, some people prefer to visit the auctioneer in a servicecenter where there aren't any other people. Especially since VU 10.9.

remove them from most OPs, but have them at ALL TPs

some OPs should still have them but not all like it is now...

Like how it was pre vu10 alot

I quite like that, like make all outposts REAL outposts again, without auc houses, just revive, repair and maybe storage :laugh:

What does that mean?

That will lead to some positive aspects.
Some tradehubs will be build.
Transportation and Trade will be a real proffession, and not only auctioncamping at one place.
Shops will become competitive against auction again.

Thats propably one of the worst ideas i have ever heard when it comes to improoving the game. i thought we all wanted more global storage and auction between planets even.

regards

No thanks.

Right now I am hunting in the middle of nowhere to avoid harbingers and find a reasonable spawn of my chosen mob. It takes me two ports and a swim from the nearest revive point. If there is no auctioneer at the revive point then I either need to let loot accumulate in storage and do a bulk sale later - which means I have to maintain a larger ped balance, or I have to port back to a TP point each time, wasting time and decay.

Besides, I'm shy. All those green dots freak me out.

Making auctioneers local won't provoke face to face trading that much. Sellers always look for bigger market and buyers always look for richer offer, so in the end community would just agree on auction where everything happens just like it was Twin and earlier PA for street trading. Other auction zones would remain empty and only bring frustration to new players trying to sell stuff and not knowing the system. This improvement would end up being a huge time waste and lag fest cause for very small benefit if any at all.

Back