Why is this allowed?

Status
I think you missed my point.. The whole notion of "innocent until proven guilty" means that you are being accused of something and though you have a chance to prove you are innocent the accuser also has the chance to prove that you are guilty.

... And to do that both parties use "facts'... Until we have all the 'facts' there should be no trial...

Pardon my intrusion in this thread, but a similar thread ( https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...t-Next-Island-quot-or-quot-Next-Neverdie-quot ) was closed by it's starter before I had a chance to respond to questions asked and statements made in response to a post I made. Those on that thread were directed here to this thread to continue the discussion, so I can only copy over the bits from there I am addressing.

From our mod JohnCapitol:
"Guess you missed Pioneer answering numerous questions about Mayhem, or Hanne writing articles about the recent fashion contests."

More than likely I did John, simply because those two subjects held no interest for me so I don't believe I read them. My comments were not about such subjects, but about the heated debates that have been going on since Next Island opened. I believe Hanne did post and you have clarified more than once that the discussions were allowed as long as they stuck to the issues and did not devolve into personal attacks. I was commenting on the overall feeling that those threads were and still are leaning more towards personal attacks than calm and sensible discussion, and that it is actually pretty insulting that there really has been no serious response from any of 'officialdom' in that situation, and yes it does feel like it has been allowed to run a bit rampant to say the least. Please know that I did not intend any negative remark about you or you modding efforts, I understand that you are trying to do your volunteer job as best as you can in a difficult time and are following the lead given by the forum admin Hanne.

From MS9:
"Lee ... it has nothing to do with his rock star lifestyle, and I really resent that you went there, and that you couldn't see what the real issues are that I and many others are concerned about. Posting a media article from back in 2006 is absolutely pointless, and I don't understand why you can't see that ... things have changed, ND is in a whole different ball park right now, and his decisions do have impact not only on this community, but the universe as well.

I worked for and supported ND and his vision, but he was a land owner then, and all was right with the universe. It is different now, and there are serious issues that need to be addressed, but you now seem to be making a personal attack on me for voicing my opinion. We can agree to disagree, but you have now stooped rather low in what you just posted. I have not personally attacked you, so unless you're going to just add constructive content to this thread, please refrain from responding further. "

Well, I will start with your closing sentence and say that whether or not anything I have ever posted is constructive content is a matter of perspective I guess, and unless the moderators or admins of this forum feel I have crossed some boundaries or broken some rules and tell me that I need to stop responding/posting I will continue to do so if I feel it is appropriate. I did notice on another post somewhere in all this debate a poster who suggested it was a risky thing to disagree with a mod (meaning you), but as far as I'm aware you are not a mod or admin on PCF, please correct me if I am mistaken.

I believe from all of the postings of yours that I have read in the recent furor about NI and ND, it has been very heavily about the personal lifestyle and business style of ND and how disapproving you are of those. I do see and understand what you call the 'real' issues as well, and agree with some and disagree with others, and have no issue at all with those issues being discussed and answers being asked for. My referring to your earlier work with ND and CND was exactly what I said it was, confusion about why his lifestyle etc seems to now be news and shocking to you. It just seemed illogical. I am sorry that you resent that I 'went there' in saying this was confusing, sorry that you feel I 'stooped rather low' in posting my thoughts, and sorry that you interpreted it all as a 'personal attack'.

I simply disagree with you about some issues, such as inviting heated and insulting commentary on anyone's personal lifestyle, and I do take issue with how often, how widespread, and (in my opinion) how personal some of your recent postings have been towards one man and everyone involved with him in his personal and professional life. In other words I disagree with you for that, and I felt it was contradictory to how much none of that bothered you in the past, and I feel I had every right to state that.

The newspaper article I linked related directly to how radically your relationship with and opinion of ND and his brand has changed, and it related to my confusion over how you could be surprised now about his lifestyle, his ego, and his style overall as if it was not already known to you long ago when you worked for and with him. I admit that it was also confusing as I always thought you had been a volunteer in that work yet the article said he hired you, though it also quoted you as not wanting to think of it as a job. So after reading it I still don't know if you were a paid employee or not. Since there is so much discussion about who works for ND now, and their avatars ingame etc, I also thought that was relevant, as it sounded like you have direct experience of working with/for him and so might know about how much 'inside info' etc he is likely to share with his employees and friends.

In response to another poster you said :
"I appreciate your support of Lee's post, but ... I have sent Lee a PM with my personal thoughts, and she most definitely will understand what it's all about, but then she knew that from the get go. Let's now drop it since it has gone to PM, and keep it out of the thread."

I don't really appreciate the suggestion that I knew what your issue was with the article 'from the get go', and no, I didn't know what your issue was until I read your pm.That article was in a public newspaper, is now available on the internet, and is public record, so I would think it is as legitimate a thing of interest to the 'community' as any other article/interview about Entropia, ND and yourself. I have read your pm and understand that you have reasons to prefer that link be removed, and I went to honor your request and remove it, but you had closed the thread so I can't. Perhaps a mod can do that for you if you ask them, but please don't be naive that others won't read it elsewhere. I suggest you may want to contact the newspaper and discuss the issues you have with the story, as it is really between you and them. I do not believe I have violated any forum rules in posting that link, but if I have I would hope a mod will tell me so and tell me how I can avoid that mistake in future.

Sorry for the long post everyone, please free to continue your discussion without my input, as I understand now that I would rather be a part of the 'community' that has a much wider definition than the one MS9 has proposed:
"Community = the members of this forum who participate in discussions."

Last edited:
... And to do that both parties use "facts'... Until we have all the 'facts' there should be no trial...

right.. i'm just trying to point out your logic flaw in using "innocent until proven guilty" as the presumption of innocence. it is in fact not the presumption of innocence.. it is the presumption of guilt which it treated as innocence until the guilt is proven or dis-proven in a court of law.

its ok, i had to post here too because i got shut out of the other thread, but alas that is up to the original poster to do that.

Last edited:
its ok, i had to post here too because i got shut out of the other thread, but alas that is up to the original poster to do that.

lol, maybe edit your post and delete all of mine except the first line. one wall of text post is enough :laugh: :ahh: (and yeah, obviously I wasn't the only one that got shut down there)

Sorry for the long post everyone, please free to continue your discussion without my input, as I understand now that I would rather be a part of the 'community' that has a much wider definition than the one MS9 has purposed:
"Community = the members of this forum who participate in discussions."

Agreed, I prefer the wider definition too...

I have a real serious question here......

What happens when Arkadia opens up and someone from Dark Knights gets a discovery, or a big HoF/ATH etc? Are you all going to crucify Ozi? If so..... you're all just messed up in the head.... if not... then leave NEVERDIE alone already.

Menace

best post in this thread.

What we have learned with MA is that you can do stuff on test servers but it's a whole different story on live servers. So neverdie as always right after a vu goes like has him and his crew go and test things like crazy to make sure things are right. yea they get some stupid little common discoveries. But you know what FPC staff probably does to they are just not open as to who there avatar names are and the chances are much higher when you are dealing with a lot less people on Next Island and Rocktropia as you have much more players on Calypso.

FPC and MA employees have discoveries and ATH's you just dont know who they are and you wont because you would do this. It's nice to know ND studios is more open about it.

Does anyone else remember when the CEO of mindark Jan used to get globals? And was often crafting new stuff first and getting globals on it? Some of us even knew to run to lootable pvp's to kill him for it.

Bottom line is you want the dev teams to test stuff and fix bugs as fast as possible, but you want them to do this by not playing. You have to choose you can have both.

Besides ND gives out way more crap then he's getting back in loot. oh yea you dont know that cause your not on his planets cause you hate him.

Hopefully these simple questions will be answered :)

I will update the thread once the answers are provided.

Case #: 15043-11150
Date Created: Dec 19, 2010 4:36 AM GMT
Last Updated: Dec 19, 2010 4:36 AM GMT

Case Description
Category: In-world (game play)
Subject of query: Other in-world questions

Summary: Questions about being a planet partner.

Details: Hi,

I have a few questions about being a planet partner that needed answering.

Questions :

A simple yes or no will suffice.

1. As a planet partner CEO & developer of content for entropia universe, may I invest into player ventures such as land areas and banks on other planets for personal gain ?

2. As a planet partner CEO & developer of content for entropia universe, may I develop content for other worlds whereby the other world CEO allows for my development but is taxed as a land area for my own personal gain ?

3. As a planet partner CEO & developer of content for entropia universe, may I play the game for personal gain ?

4. As a planet partner CEO & developer of content for entropia universe, may my employed staff play the game for personal gain ?

Thankyou for your time.
Fire Sparkz Lavawalker

ADDED: Additionally, where you have answered yes, maybe or depends in the four questions above:

5. What are your company policies on Conflicts of Interest involving personal advantages leading to monetary gain ?

Conflict of Interest defined by:

"In professions where a conflict of interest can occur, particularly when monetary or legal outcomes are possible, it is the duty of the professional or company to publicly state those conflicts of interest and, if not remove themselves from transaction entirely, make the transaction as transparent as possible to remove any doubt of bias. It is the duty that they owe their customers. A stock broker must disclose his personal holdings when making recommendations about a particular stock. An audit firm cannot also sell accounting services to a client it audits. A judge cannot oversee a case where a close friend is involved. Family members of anyone who works for a state lottery cannot participate in that lottery.

It has nothing to do with the honesty or integrity of the individual or company. All that matters is that there is no reason to doubt the transaction. All of the above examples are regulated by state and federal laws in the United States, and when it comes to some accounting and financial practices, are even more stringent in foreign markets.

In the case of Planetary Partners, simple disclosures of avatar names may not be sufficient, particularly when it comes to secondary avatars, friends, and family members. All names must be disclosed, and all transactions between these avatars must be public record or at the very least monitored by a third party. Paid employees of a Planetary Partner company cannot be allowed to participate in the game beyond a visual presence, meaning no inventory and no transactions of any kind, be that buying or selling, hunting or mining, or deposits and withdrawals. No, these things are not required in other MMO's, but that is simply because no other MMO involves a real cash currency."

ADDED: I would like to add where the answers to the first four questions are maybe/depends, that "clear criteria be given as examples" that would make the answer yes or the answer no.

Thankyou in Advance,
Fire Sparkz Lavawalker.

Response so far has been to contact MindArk directly about it:

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in investing with MindArk. Please contact them directly at http://www.mindark.com/contact/

If there is anything else I may assist you with please let me know.

Have a wonderful day.

Kind regards,

Myriam | Planet Calypso Support

I have resubmitted the questions directly to Investor Relations.

Last edited:
Hopefully these simple questions will be answered :)

I will update the thread once the answers are provided.

coo, yeah will be nice to see what they say.

also in the future, MA could be sent tickets like this to help keep things from getting so out of control as it did with these posts.

Last edited:

What happens when Arkadia opens up and someone from Dark Knights gets a discovery, or a big HoF/ATH etc? Are you all going to crucify Ozi? If so..... you're all just messed up in the head.... if not... then leave NEVERDIE alone already.

Menace

This has already been answered by Ozi.

After having a chat with Ozi, he has said that he is retiring his Avatar and is well aware of the conflict of interest situations which can occur, meaning all those involved as employees involved in the development process will also not have playing avatars, only official avatars.

He has also posted this as well on Entropia Planets:

Link > http://www.entropiaplanets.com/foru...60-lessons-learned-planet-cyrene-arkadia.html

Lavawalker said:
Good followup post Ozi.

With your planet being CEO and all, how do you see this effecting your play character Ozi.
Are you intending to restrict yourself somehow at some point?
I am speaking about 'conflict of interest' situations; i was wondering how you intend to tackle it.

PS. Sorry to put you on the spot bud, but I can't give NeverDie all the flack and not others fairly ;)

Ozi said:
Ozi is due for retirement, it will be hard to let him go though. Most of the gear I had has gone already. You'll see me with a new CEO avatar.

I am fully aware of the risk of conflicts of interest, so I see Ozi's retirement as the best option for me.

coo, yeah will be nice to see what they say.

also in the future, MA could be sent tickets like this to help keep things from getting so out of control as it did with these posts.

I was hoping MA would have responded already to this thread by now, they have emails already :)

I believe from all of the postings of yours that I have read in the recent furor about NI and ND, it has been very heavily about the personal lifestyle and business style of ND and how disapproving you are of those. My referring to your earlier work with ND and CND was exactly what I said it was, confusion about why his lifestyle etc seems to now be news and shocking to you. It just seemed illogical. I am sorry that you resent that I 'went there' in saying this was confusing, sorry that you feel I 'stooped rather low' in posting my thoughts, and sorry that you interpreted it all as a 'personal attack'.

Your interpretation of my posts is quite strange, because in all of it, it has nothing to do with his personal lifestyle, but rather his business ethics, and the real issue of conflict of interest. Personal lifestyle has nothing to do with excessive branding of his name across the universe, and in my opinion, it could actually be more harmful than helpful, but then again, it is my opinion as I said, and I am entitled to that.

The other point is ... in the past (that you seem to want to drag up), ND was a land owner, without the same privileges that he has now as a planet developer/builder with the level of inside information that he has, and I don't see how you don't get that. There's no comparison between then and now ... it's apples and oranges. My relationship did change with regard to ND based on his progressive behavior in our universe ... everything doesn't stand still Lee, and there are things that I know that don't need to be posted in a public forum that has definitely changed my opinion of him for sure.

The work I did for ND in the past was moderate his forum for a year, and plan and coordinate events for him, which is entirely different than being on his staff today as a developer/builder of planets with access to inside information ... there's no comparison, and I can't believe you think there is ... again, apples and oranges.

However, today ... I am mostly concerned with the two issues at hand, and why in my own thread I asked the posting community for their perspectives as well. I did not personally attack him, but used information to support what I was sharing. When ND posted, it only confirmed the fact that he himself supports his staff playing their regular avatars, regardless of whether they have inside development information or not.

So please, keep this in context and not twist things to suit your posting. It's neither fair nor appreciated.

And this will be my last post in this thread. You have anything else to say to me, please take it to PM, otherwise we will be violating a forum rule and the posts will get deleted.

Thank you!

Your interpretation of my posts is quite strange, because in all of it, it has nothing to do with his personal lifestyle, but rather his business ethics, and the real issue of conflict of interest. Personal lifestyle has nothing to do with excessive branding of his name across the universe, and in my opinion, it could actually be more harmful than helpful, but then again, it is my opinion as I said, and I am entitled to that.

The other point is ... in the past (that you seem to want to drag up), ND was a land owner, without the same privileges that he has now as a planet developer/builder with the level of inside information that he has, and I don't see how you don't get that. There's no comparison between then and now ... it's apples and oranges. My relationship did change with regard to ND based on his progressive behavior in our universe ... everything doesn't stand still Lee, and there are things that I know that don't need to be posted in a public forum that has definitely changed my opinion of him for sure.

The work I did for ND in the past was moderate his forum for a year, and plan and coordinate events for him, which is entirely different than being on his staff today as a developer/builder of planets with access to inside information ... there's no comparison, and I can't believe you think there is ... again, apples and oranges.

However, today ... I am mostly concerned with the two issues at hand, and why in my own thread I asked the posting community for their perspectives as well. I did not personally attack him, but used information to support what I was sharing. When ND posted, it only confirmed the fact that he himself supports his staff playing their regular avatars, regardless of whether they have inside development information or not.

So please, keep this in context and not twist things to suit your posting. It's neither fair nor appreciated.

And this will be my last post in this thread. You have anything else to say to me, please take it to PM, otherwise we will be violating a forum rule and the posts will get deleted.

Thank you!

so are you speaking for john capital now MS9 and saying he will delete threads on your command?

or are you speaking for other forum moderators?

i want to hear what the forum moderators have to say about this.

You know, I have never been on a forum where a mod was allowed to state their opinion. I want answers! Why can mods post their opinions?! PCF needs to rethink their rules on mods! Because these people are mods they are naturally biased!

Yes that was completly off topic, but is just as much an attack on PCF and Mindstar as this thread is an attack on ND and MA. You want to tell me that this thread isn't an attack, then neither is my coment. By the way, that comment doesn't reflect how I actually feel about PCF or Mindstar, it's an example only.

I'm just contributing to this post so I can be considered part of the Entropia community.

May I suggest that the Mindstar9 avatar pic quote be changed from "it's all about the community!" to "it's all about the selective people that I consider to be the community!"

Originally Posted by Menace

Menace

This has already been answered by Ozi.

After having a chat with Ozi, he has said that he is retiring his Avatar and is well aware of the conflict of interest situations which can occur, meaning all those involved as employees involved in the development process will also not have playing avatars, only official avatars.

How does this response answer my question? Whether or not "Ozi" is retired doesn't change the fact that the planet owner has friends in the SOC Dark Knights. Who cares whether or not "Ozi" is in game... he could still dish out "inside information" to his friends if what people are accusing NEVERDIE of is a reality.

And MS9.... you lose. Your attempt at assassinating NEVERDIE has failed.

Menace

so are you speaking for john capital now MS9 and saying he will delete threads on your command?

or are you speaking for other forum moderators?

i want to hear what the forum moderators have to say about this.

What the HELL is your problem ... and where did you ever get that idea. Do you NOT read post content, or is it you just have an inability to comprehend it. Unbelievable!

My reference to taking it to PM was directly related to Rule 2.3 ... which our exchange is now bordering on, and I will tell you the same thing ... if you have any further issues with me, then take it to PM, or our posts will be deleted as well based on the rule cited. I happen to know the rules, and ... that doesn't mean I'm telling anyone else how to moderate this forum. It's a given, that if you violate a rule, there's a consequence involved.

Deal with it, and learn how to do something constructive.

if you have any further issues with me, then take it to PM, or our posts will be deleted as well based on the rule cited. I happen to know the rules, and ... that doesn't mean I'm telling anyone else how to moderate this forum. It's a given, that if you violate a rule, there's a consequence involved.

Thanks for the info Officer MindStar!

Menace

How does this response answer my question? Whether or not "Ozi" is retired doesn't change the fact that the planet owner has friends in the SOC Dark Knights. Who cares whether or not "Ozi" is in game... he could still dish out "inside information" to his friends if what people are accusing NEVERDIE of is a reality.

And MS9.... you lose. Your attempt at assassinating NEVERDIE has failed.

Menace

All we are interested in is the removal of conflicts of interest which lead to personal gain for partner CEOs and their employed development team.

Anything beyond this such as you have suggested is a legal crime and if Ozi was caught then he would have to face the legal consquences.

At this time, ND can still play the game as an investor into LandAreas and Banks as can his development staff for personal gain.

We are not interested in the secondary outcomes, only the primary, meaning DarkKnights is not a primary link in the development process nor do they have any direct day to day working with the development process.

Ozi has already announced his silent partners, however they will be distanced from the direct development process. ie. Deathifier and the guys from SFE. They are not development staff members, only link as silent financial investment partners.

What the HELL is your problem ... and where did you ever get that idea. Do you NOT read post content, or is it you just have an inability to comprehend it. Unbelievable!

My reference to taking it to PM was directly related to Rule 2.3 ... which our exchange is now bordering on, and I will tell you the same thing ... if you have any further issues with me, then take it to PM, or our posts will be deleted as well based on the rule cited. I happen to know the rules, and ... that doesn't mean I'm telling anyone else how to moderate this forum. It's a given, that if you violate a rule, there's a consequence involved.

i am doing something constructive by turning subjective problems into objective solutions, please read my previous posts.

All we are interested in is the removal of conflicts of interest which lead to personal gain for partner CEOs and their employed development team.

Anything beyond this such as you have suggested is a legal crime and if Ozi was caught then he would have to face the legal consquences.

At this time, ND can still play the game as an investor into LandAreas and Banks as can his development staff for personal gain.

Well if we're worried about conflict of interest then all planet partners should have ZERO knowledge and previous ties/participation within the Entropia Universe..... Guess that means FPC would be out.....

Menace

Well if we're worried about conflict of interest then all planet partners should have ZERO knowledge and previous ties/participation within the Entropia Universe..... Guess that means FPC would be out.....

Menace

You make little sense.

However let us see what comes from the support case, maybe now they have this correspondence they may answer. Check back in 48-72 hours I guess for a reply.

Link > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...this-allowed&p=2634961&viewfull=1#post2634961

You know, I have never been on a forum where a mod was allowed to state their opinion. I want answers! Why can mods post their opinions?! PCF needs to rethink their rules on mods! Because these people are mods they are naturally biased!

The answer is really very simple: I have never had 711, (from the previous forum) nor Hanne ask any mod to shut up. Me, Rayne and other mods have just as much right to voice their opinions as anyone else.

I completely understand why and how other places feel mods should be neutral and unbiased. In truth, it's no different here. But that is in regard to their mod duties. When as issue comes up, we moderate w/ as little regard about whether it is friend or adversary as we humanly can. However, we are still able to speak our mind about any subjects. Make sense?

As to whether I was offended. Nah. You posted a viable question about the moderators duties, and hopefully, I gave an answer that helps you understand.

Yes, this topic of ND Studios and their work on other planets is ripe w/ heated opinions. However, the thing that lightens my heart is that while the issue is heated, I still see opinions from all sides, both for and against what has occurred. Good information has been made public by many people, helping us all get a much better view of things.

It is a difference between having friends InGame and having people in the developers office which are working at a planet by themselves *and* at same time acting as normal players.

As I know from much posts of you in other threads you are not stupid and so I think you *know* about the difference in this cases. If you read the summary of this thread you also know it is no personal bashing of special ppl, its about a generell issue of conflict of interest. Nothing more - nothing less.

Many, many ppl are having friends crossover many socs. You cant compare this with "casual-playing-developers".
Apples and oranges - like MS9 says in another case.

So please Menace, dont mix up things that can not mixed up

However, I have to agree MS9 is right. There is a lot of Threats/Intimidation/Insults/Flaming and Personal Disputes going on here.

I'm asking you all to discuss the issue of the thread, not attack anyone personally.

Is that because I disagree with you?

Menace

Obviously you are not a stupid person, so why act like one.
I think you know more than you let on about the legalities of conflict of interests for personal gain

Do I really need to keep bolding things, please stop being silly.

i am doing something constructive by turning subjective problems into objective solutions, please read my previous posts.

Imagine that, and Mindstar gets pissed off at you for it.
You know why most forums don't allow mods to state their opinions? Because when they are wrong it is a rally point for everyone else who is wrong.
Seriously people stop being stupid. Most of you are on a witch hunt. Most of you are accusing ND of having the ability to break the rules. You do not know if he can.
Before any of you accuse MA of not regulating Planet partners I ask this;
Are you the CEO of a company with like or greater net value then MA? If not, shut up. You are obviously not qualified to be the CEO of MA, because you have no idea how to run a company. Stop pointing fingers. The only issue here is what are the rules?
I am sorry if that hurt anyones feelings, but that is the blunt truth. If you can not accept that you might be wrong then you are an idiot.

Status
Back